AnuPre TS : The Secret that I carried | Lasr | Pg 3 | 17/10

Posted: 5 years ago

It was a breezy night. Prerna was sittingon the parapet of the window and her thoughts wandered some old and some newevents. She just couldn't believe her destiny. The man she always wanted tostay away, the man from whom she ran away is the man she is seeing now in herhouse for more than fifteen days. The man she loved and lost is the man who isprobably going to marry her best friend.

A lone tear slipped from her doe eyes andkissed her cheeks. No she cant lose her control now. Fifteen days she hadmasked her love for him infront of everyone including the man himself and nowthat they are going to tie a knot, she just can't screw this up.

To her horror she realized that herfeelings for this man is same as it used to be during their college days. Isntit obvious that the reason for her to be still single is the love for him shestill harvests in her heart? She understood long back that she could never loveanyone other than Anurag.

But Anurag, he hated her. She can makethat out very well and she doesnt blame him. He had a valid reason for that.She was the one who left him without explanation and moreover she refused toreceive his calls as well. He had called her so many times for continues sevendays. All all she did was to destroy the sim card and change her number. Shedid this because she was scared very scared. Being a young girl of 18 shedidn't know how to deal with it.

She was already suffering from the guiltof leaving him handing, her parents died in a car accident and her wholeworld fell apart. It was Aparna her best friend in school and her parents tookcare of her there after. By exposing her feels and their past she just cantspoil her friend's happiness. And moreover she knows that Aparna likes Anuragand she will say yes to him if he asks her. Thats exactly what she confessedthe day before?

It was very natural for her heart to bleedseeing them together but yet she was happy that both of them were happy. Theonly thing she couldnot tolerate was Anurag's hatred. He didn't leave a singlescope of remind her of her betrayal and made her guilty. But her hands weretied. She had a phobia. A commitment phobia. Seeing her parents brokenrelationship she feared to commit.

The knock on the door startled her. Shecomposed herself and got down from the parapet. Wiping her tear makes she wenttowards the door. She wondered who it might be. Everyone in her house sleptearly except her. It can be Aparna who might be feeling jittery. She opened todoor to face a very angry Anurag.

"What are you doing her?" shestammered and stepped back.

Without uttering anything he entered theroom.

"You cannot come in like this",unable to figure out what to say she just blurted.

"Really?" he said mockingly."Why? Why cant i enter your room?" he spat looking directly in hereyes.

"It doesn't look good to enter a woman's room without her consent andagainst her wish. And moreover you are seeing my friend now so its notappropriate".

"Then why didn't you stop me when iused to barge in your room during college days? Umm maybe you wanted me totouch you that time and get pleasure and once I became stale you threw me outof your life without any explanation. So you, talking about being appropriatedoesn't suit you. You better keep your mouth shut".

"Don't talk to me like this",she half requested and half pleaded.

He came dangerously close to her. "Iwished i have never met you Prerna. And i never expected to see you for thesecond time".

That hurt. That really hurt the most. Hedoesn't even want to see me. It broke her even further.

Grabbing her shoulders he said, "Iwish you were not Appu's best friend".

She closed her eyes thinking about her petname that he had given. 'Pre' and she used to call him 'Onu' as he used tobe really chubby and cute during college days. Now he has grown up to a veryhandsome man. He must have a huge line of girls behind him.

She just couldn't control her tearsanymore.

"I wonder how come both of you evenbecome friends. She is such a sweetheart and pure and you are nothing but abetrayer and a lier. You love playing with people's emotions. Isn't it Prerna?"

"Stop it Anurag, just stop it",she cried uncontrollably. Her whole pant up emotions had no bound today. Shejust couldn't take it anymore.

"Why stop Miss Sharma? I had to sufferso much for you. Do you know how much i tried to find you? Do you know how muchi waited for you Prerna? No, you dont because you dont have a heart and youcared a damn. And now that i have forgotten everything about you and about usyou are here reminding me of your betrayal. I hate you Prerna. I hate you tothe core".

Unable to stand anymore she sat on thefloor breaking down in front of the love of her life. Anurag held her arms andmade her get up. He pinned her against the wall. "Tomorrow i am going tosay yes to Aparna in front of the entire family and you better be present.Don't you dare try to spoil it or else i will be your greatest enemy".

All she could do was to smile. "Iwish you and Aparna a very happy married life Anurag. I would never spoil mybest friend's life. She is very lucky to have you in her life".

"No, I am going to be very lucky tohave her in my life and thank god for that. Good you left me when you left orelse i would have never met her in my life and would have been stuck with anungrateful and disgusting woman like you".

With that he threw open the door andclosed it with a loud thud behind him.

Prerna slid against the wall and cried herheart out. She knew that it was all her fault.

He hates her so much and that too withoutknowing the biggest secret of her life, their life. She has no idea what hewill do if he comes to know about it.

She got up and went towards the cupboardand opened her drawer to pull out her old report. She has never thought thatthis day will come in her life that she has to once again face her demons thesin that she had committed by not telling Anurag.

Her miscarriage papers.

NEXT : Link

Edited by Koeli_Appy - 4 years ago
Soo interesting!
Plz continue soon!
Intensified love.
Bring it ON!πŸ˜†

Continue Soon :)
I can't tell you how much I loved it. The reason being my love for stories that have a descriptive narrative. Please do write more soon. I would love to read on how their dynamics evolve. It's nice and clean intense loved it.
It's amazing , can't wait for the second part
It was amazing. Plz post the next part soon. I am dying to read it😳
Wow amazing start! Can't wait to read more :)

"I am sorry baby, i never told your father that you existed. He never got the opportunity of grieving. I know I am wrong but first leaving your dad I became miserable. Then losing your grand parents crumpled my world. Then one day I came to know that i had a life inside me. And I started to see the world differently. I had you when everything else was taken away from me. And then one night those cramps..."

The door closed with a bang. It was he again. And this time seeing him all enraged I dropped all the papers on the floor in shock and froze. No...no this cant happen to me. He cant see the papers now. Damn it he should not know about it ever.

Like a predator he walked towards me and all i could do was to stand in the same spot and look at him. The nerve at the base of my neck vibrated with each step that he took. My heart squeezed to take the life out of it. And the pain that i had felt while losing my baby came back haunting me. I wanted to reach down and take the papers but i couldn't. And he did that for me.

Just like in the movies i saw his every action in slow motion. He came near me without breaking eye contact then he bent to pick up the papers. I know he has read the name because i could see him stiffen and grip the papers firmly. He just looked at me once and then started to read the entire report. I could see his eyes slowly moving on the papers and with every line his breathing was becoming ragged.

"Anurag!"

"Shhh", he gestured stop with his hand.

And then he crumpled. Crumpled on the floor like a baby. Holding the paper against his chest as if he was holding his lifeless baby. I have heard that men's don't cry and i always wondered why. But today seeing this strong independent man cry his heart out in front of me broke me into pieces. His every drop of tear pierced my heart.

He covered his face with the paper and wiped. And all I could do was to stand and look at the broken man in front of me.

"My baby!" he cried. "Our baby, Prerna!. I...I was a father. Why? Why didnt you tell me? You hated me so much, Pre! that you hid the biggest fact of my life. Of our lives?"

"I am sorry Anurag", I joined him on the floor while debating how to console him.

Then he did what i never expected him to do. He hugged me. Hugged me so tightly and I melted in his arms soaking his t-shirt with my tears.

We sat like that for how long i dont know silently communicating with each other. "How did it happen?", he asked stroking my back gently.

"After I left you I left the city and came to stay with my parents. They had a abusive relationship. I have seen my father beating my mother every night after he came back from drunk and sleeping with other women. Sometimes...", his grip tighten against my shoulder that it almost cut off the blood.

"Did he, did he hurt you ever Prerna?"

"He loved me. He loved me way too much Anurag. But when he was drunk, sometimes unconsciously he hit me because i came in the middle of them to save mamma. But he never meant to hurt me".

"Oh Baby, I am so sorry", he kissed her on the temple and hugged her as if his life dependent on it.

"Whatever it is he was my father and abusive or not he took care of my mother and me. Provided us with money and food. I told my mother about you. Initially she scolded me a lot for leaving you like this and then coming back here without giving you any explanation. But she understood that being brought up in this condition that to in an abusive family i was scared. I was just 18 and didnt understand that not all men were same. I feared. What if even you become like this?"

"Are you crazy Pre? I have never hurt an Ant in my life and you thought i would hit you? I loved you crazy woman".

"I loved you too. I loved you so much. My decision has been wrong".

"Then why didnt you come back?"

"My parents had an accident and after after three days they died. My entire world fell apart".

"Damn it baby", he cradled me along with him.

Aparna and her parents gave me shelter then. Once again i changed the city. i had no other relatives. Because of my father's abusive nature nobody kept in touch with us. Aparna is my school friend and since childhood we used to stay together. There are times when i used to crash at her place. Her parents knew about the whole thing because they saw bruises on me. After school Aparna's father had a transfer so they left the city and now stay here.

"Once i was out of that depressing phase I started to normalize my regular routine. I was searching for colleges her when one day i came to know that i am pregnant with your child. That was the happiest day of my life".

"Why didnt you contact me then? Dont you think i had the right to know?"

I looked down. He definitely has a valid point. But then how could I.

"Tell me Prerna. Please dont hide anything today". He pleaded.

"I was afraid. What if you refused to believe me? What if you have said that this child is not yours? I would not be able to take it then after the series of incidents that had happened to me".

He jerked me away from him holding my shoulders. "You think i wouldn't have believed you? Prerna how could I have denied the intimacy?"

I blushed. "Mother at 18 is hard and you were also very young and it was a huge responsibility".

"Bullshit Prerna. I already love my baby even though i know she is not with us", my heart squeezed a bit more hearing about his emotions about the baby who is not even born.

"How do you know its a she?"

He smiled, "With you i can only have a baby girl. Just live you".

I crashed myself against his chest and cried holding him and apologizing to him.

"Shhh! Its okey sweetheart. Please stop crying".

"Then one night I started cramping. It was unusual. Unable to understand what to do I woke Aparna. She was not aware of my pregnancy then. Her parents were out of town. She took me to the bathroom and then... and then... all remember was blood everywhere".

"Jeses! And all these you had to face alone? Prerna!"

"I was rushed to hospital, My doctor was out of town. The doctor in change immediately admitted under her and then she gave me the saddest news of my life. 'You have lost your baby', she said shocking Aparna. And it was my entire fault. If i told her parents then they would have made sure that i took care of the baby and myself. But then baby without marriage, i didnt know how they would have taken it".

"After this my life changed entirely. I had no interest in anything except writing books. I didnt complete my college and went under severe depression. I still have anxiety attacks and I still dont know how to deal with it. I let it pain me. I let it consume me. Thats how I have become Anurag".

He stood up releasing his hold on me and then lifted me in his arms. I rested my head on his shoulders and closed my eyes. Finally I felt light. Finally all my burdens were gone. Finally he knows the entire truth. Now I can die happily.

Soft mattress hit my back when I realized he had carried me on the bed. I opened my eyes to see him. His eyes were still red but they looked determined.

He opened his shirt and unbuckled his belt. Then he came near me and kissed my lips softly. He kept on drugging me with his kisses and then finally covered both of us with my quilt. The burning sensation consumed us both and we relieved our first night yet again. Our lovemaking was more of an emotional bonding. I napped in his warm cocoon feeling secured and complete.

Next

Edited by Koeli_Appy - 5 years ago
wow it is so good
waiting for next one