Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

Sindoor khela for married women na?

ruhi1985sheetal thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 years ago
If i m not wrong this ritual only for married women na then how nandini playing this ritual a after searching on google i read this may be i m wrong
Sindur Khela (Bengali:  ), literally meaning 'vermillion game', is a Bengali Hindutradition where women smear each other with sindur on Vijayadashami, the last day of the Durga Puja. On the day of the Vijayadashami after the conclusion of the ritual worship, married Bengali Hindu women apply sindur on the forehead and feet of the goddess and offer sweets to her. Then they put sindur on each other's faces and offer sweets to each other.

Needless to say, it's only Hindu, married women who are strictly allowed to participate in this ritual. Unmarried women and widows are not allowed to participate in the ritual. Sometimes, young girls also indulge a little in the "playing" part of the ritual as a sign of devotion.

Edited by ruhi1985sheetal - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
I remembered once during sindoor khela some applied sindoor on my face and they knew I was unmarried so I don't know 
rajh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ruhi1985sheetal

If i m not wrong this ritual only for married women na then how nandini playing this ritual a after searching on google i read this may be i m wrong

Sindur Khela (Bengali:  ), literally meaning 'vermillion game', is a Bengali Hindutradition where women smear each other with sindur on Vijayadashami, the last day of the Durga Puja. On the day of the Vijayadashami after the conclusion of the ritual worship, married Bengali Hindu women apply sindur on the forehead and feet of the goddess and offer sweets to her. Then they put sindur on each other's faces and offer sweets to each other.

actually in episode itself cvs shown-- somebody saying  this sindhur khela is for married women only --that to in front of nandini --even after hearing this -  nandini takes part in sindhur khela...what gutsy shameless mistress she is...🤣
Edited by rajh - 5 years ago
But in today episode one lady told that ithis ritual for married women if married women play this ritual mata rani blessing her
Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Unmarried women can play sindoor khela like holi just they can't apply sindoor in maang 
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
No .. there is no such rules. Married women put vermilion on each other's maang while unmarried women play it like Holi. The ritual was made for married women (may be) but we all are allowed to have fun. Edited by Sea-Hawk - 5 years ago
Sea-Hawk thumbnail

But in today episode one lady told that ithis ritual for married women if married women play this ritual mata rani blessing her

Makers don't really know anything about Bengali festivals and rituals. The entire scene was pathetic. We don't do Devi Baran and Sindoor Khela that way. Yes, married women play with Sindoor for their husband .. but, to be honest, more than religion and beliefs, it is about festival and spirit. Unmarried girls can take part and play it, it's not forbidden. 
This content was originally posted by: Sea-Hawk

No .. there is no such rules. Married women put vermilion on each other's maang while unmarried women play it like Holi. The ritual was made for married women (may be) but we all are allowed to have fun. 

per yaha dekhkar lag to nahi raha nandini playing this ritual for fun like unmarried girl 
Sea-Hawk thumbnail

per yaha dekhkar lag to nahi raha nandini playing this ritual for fun like unmarried girl 

Yaha dekhke nahi lag raha hai anyone is playing sindoor at all. We don't play sindoor like this dear. And, in any pandal also .. you won't understand the difference between married and unmarried women. Except for the elderly women, who would put sindoor on each other's maang and touch it on each other's sankha pola, all the young girls, married or unmarried, will look like Red Bhootni that's all. We play it like Holi. 

Maybe originally it was only meant for the married women but usually, all the married and unmarried girls take part in it. Only widows don't take part in it. However, last year, one organization arranged it for widows and trans-women as well. It is a festival and nobody should be forbidden from taking part in it.
Edited by Sea-Hawk - 5 years ago
Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Sea-Hawk

Yaha dekhke nahi lag raha hai anyone is playing sindoor at all. We don't play sindoor like this dear. And, in any pandal also .. you won't understand the difference between married and unmarried women. Except for the elderly women, who would put sindoor on each other's maang and touch it on each other's sankha pola, all the young girls, married or unmarried, will look like Red Bhootni that's all. We play it like Holi. 

Maybe originally it was only meant for the married women but usually, all the married and unmarried girls take part in it. Only widows don't take part in it. However, last year, one organization arranged it for widows and trans-women as well. It is a festival and nobody should be forbidden from taking part from it.

yeah it has became a celebration of womanhood now more than celebrating marital status. Last year widows n trangender women n enuches were invited to play n this year too many pandals has taken the same initativie. Bengali film actresses came forward for this campaign .
It's not right to segregate any women from the celebration so anyone is welcome to participate. Married women just apply it on each otherso mang too. Baki every woman olays it like Holi together.
Edited by Charaiveti - 5 years ago