What is your view about Geet's characterization??

Posted: 2018-10-02T07:30:38Z
Geet Handa. An 18 year old Punjabi Kudi. Who was abandoned by her whole family. Even her life was at threat!!! 

Then she met Maan. Initial episodes show how he was mentoring her. But then both broken souls came together and created beams of light with their pure love & loyalty. 

In all this, I want to know about your views. How do you Perceive Geet's character?? Is it weak or strong according to you???

Anyone who watched this show please do shoot your view. Waiting eagerly!! Embarrassed My view is on the next post!!!
11 Likes this
Posted: 2018-10-02T07:44:19Z
She was kind of doormat for first few episodes until she met Maan. I didn't liked the show upto first 15 episodes. They were boring and repetitive. But geet's characterization changed so much for some ten months. 
But then again during ML track and further she forgot what Dev did to her and was again acting like one of Ekta's mahan female leads.

Her character had steep incline and decline with tracks.
2 Likes this
Posted: 2018-10-02T07:50:33Z
I think she was one excellent example and trend setter. Fighting against her whole family to save her child. She is full of humanity & love. 

There is a dialogue of Maan which I totally agree, where he says, She deserves all the happiness and he is just a medium to fill her life with joy."Main toh bas ek jariya hoon tumhe tumhari khushiyo tak pahochane ki" something like this was his line!!! Yes, he definitely changed her life. He is her savior. There is symbolism in this show where they have shown Maan as the light of her life!!! Big smile

But There is a whole another part as well. Geet is that radiant ray in Maan's dull and boring life who has encouraged him enough to come out of his rigid depressed self!!! And they completed each other like puzzles!!! He showed her ways to grow strong. She did emerge as a strong girl who is beautiful inside out!!!

So yes, Geet might be emotional but comes across as a strong individual!! Embarrassed

Edited by WaveTeal - 2018-10-02T11:05:58Z
7 Likes this
Posted: 2018-10-02T07:58:51Z
Originally posted by suhaaana

She was kind of doormat for first few episodes until she met Maan. I didn't liked the show upto first 15 episodes. They were boring and repetitive. But geet's characterization changed so much for some ten months. 
But then again during ML track and further she forgot what Dev did to her and was again acting like one of Ekta's mahan female leads.

Her character had steep incline and decline with tracks.

Nope. That's not the definition of doormat. Rather it's more likely submissive and reserved. She was raised in a very conservative family but she had her own tempers, suppressed!!

There is a dialogue of Dev while some discussion is going on with Savitri. And he says Maan needs someone swift spontaneous, gaao ki turram mizaz wali...Who can put a leash on his anger issues. Then Naintara starts fighting with Dev saying his description matches with Geet and some blah blah happens... LOL

I think the whole story gets starting from episode 20 when Dev leaves her at the airport. 
Edited by WaveTeal - 2018-10-02T07:59:29Z
6 Likes this
Posted: 2018-10-02T09:00:07Z
mere liye tho tho geet is the reflection of maans thoughts
but what i liked most it uss sab k bech bhi she retained her character's individuality!Big smile
4 Likes this
Posted: 2018-10-02T10:59:55Z
interesting topic! 
have not watched the entire show! 

but from what I watched and read, Geet was initially submissive!! she then she fought for her child! her character took a drastic change! 

Edited by khwaishfan - 2018-10-02T11:01:14Z
4 Likes this
Posted: 2018-10-02T11:06:12Z
For me
Geet character is brave and inspirational too she fought for right to save her child
I don't like first few episodes
I watched from office track then watch few early episodes online to get a grip of story story became interesting when Dev left geet at airport
And geet start fighting fellow maan words
But her character took u turn
But still a loveable character because of her positive attitude towards life
5 Likes this
Posted: 2018-10-02T11:10:03Z
Originally posted by khwaishfan

interesting topic! 
have not watched the entire show! 

but from what I watched and read, Geet was initially submissive!! she then she fought for her child! her character took a drastic change! 

Ye dekho...Missaall..LOL

Gaur se dekhiye iss insaan ko... LOL Hamari Geet forum ki most favorite member kiya bol rahi hain...

But Maaneet are so adorable that they can make anyone fall for them just by reading ffs too...Or even a few episodes of Maaneet is also enough for turning one into an admirer... Day Dreaming

Btw itna short review?? Nahin chalega...Do express yourself a little more!!! Embarrassed

4 Likes this