Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

What is your view about Geet's characterization??

WaveTeal thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago
Geet Handa. An 18 year old Punjabi Kudi. Who was abandoned by her whole family. Even her life was at threat!!! 

Then she met Maan. Initial episodes show how he was mentoring her. But then both broken souls came together and created beams of light with their pure love & loyalty. 

In all this, I want to know about your views. How do you Perceive Geet's character?? Is it weak or strong according to you???

Anyone who watched this show please do shoot your view. Waiting eagerly!! 😳 My view is on the next post!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

suhaaana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
She was kind of doormat for first few episodes until she met Maan. I didn't liked the show upto first 15 episodes. They were boring and repetitive. But geet's characterization changed so much for some ten months. 
But then again during ML track and further she forgot what Dev did to her and was again acting like one of Ekta's mahan female leads.

Her character had steep incline and decline with tracks.
WaveTeal thumbnail
I think she was one excellent example and trend setter. Fighting against her whole family to save her child. She is full of humanity & love. 

There is a dialogue of Maan which I totally agree, where he says, She deserves all the happiness and he is just a medium to fill her life with joy."Main toh bas ek jariya hoon tumhe tumhari khushiyo tak pahochane ki" something like this was his line!!! Yes, he definitely changed her life. He is her savior. There is symbolism in this show where they have shown Maan as the light of her life!!! 😃

But There is a whole another part as well. Geet is that radiant ray in Maan's dull and boring life who has encouraged him enough to come out of his rigid depressed self!!! And they completed each other like puzzles!!! He showed her ways to grow strong. She did emerge as a strong girl who is beautiful inside out!!!

So yes, Geet might be emotional but comes across as a strong individual!! 😳

Edited by WaveTeal - 5 years ago
WaveTeal thumbnail
Originally posted by: suhaaana

She was kind of doormat for first few episodes until she met Maan. I didn't liked the show upto first 15 episodes. They were boring and repetitive. But geet's characterization changed so much for some ten months. 

But then again during ML track and further she forgot what Dev did to her and was again acting like one of Ekta's mahan female leads.

Her character had steep incline and decline with tracks.

Nope. That's not the definition of doormat. Rather it's more likely submissive and reserved. She was raised in a very conservative family but she had her own tempers, suppressed!!

There is a dialogue of Dev while some discussion is going on with Savitri. And he says Maan needs someone swift spontaneous, gaao ki turram mizaz wali...Who can put a leash on his anger issues. Then Naintara starts fighting with Dev saying his description matches with Geet and some blah blah happens... 😆

I think the whole story gets starting from episode 20 when Dev leaves her at the airport. 
Edited by WaveTeal - 5 years ago
sporthy_smile28 thumbnail
mere liye tho tho geet is the reflection of maans thoughts
but what i liked most it uss sab k bech bhi she retained her character's individuality!😃
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
interesting topic! 
have not watched the entire show! 

but from what I watched and read, Geet was initially submissive!! she then she fought for her child! her character took a drastic change! 

Edited by khwaishfan - 5 years ago
hira2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
For me
Geet character is brave and inspirational too she fought for right to save her child
I don't like first few episodes
I watched from office track then watch few early episodes online to get a grip of story story became interesting when Dev left geet at airport
And geet start fighting fellow maan words
But her character took u turn
But still a loveable character because of her positive attitude towards life
WaveTeal thumbnail
Originally posted by: khwaishfan

interesting topic! 

have not watched the entire show! 

but from what I watched and read, Geet was initially submissive!! she then she fought for her child! her character took a drastic change! 

Ye dekho...Missaall..😆

Gaur se dekhiye iss insaan ko... 😆 Hamari Geet forum ki most favorite member kiya bol rahi hain...

But Maaneet are so adorable that they can make anyone fall for them just by reading ffs too...Or even a few episodes of Maaneet is also enough for turning one into an admirer... 

Btw itna short review?? Nahin chalega...Do express yourself a little more!!! 😳

WaveTeal thumbnail
Originally posted by: sporthy_smile28

mere liye tho tho geet is the reflection of maans thoughts

but what i liked most it uss sab k bech bhi she retained her character's individuality!😃

You said it beautifully 👏
Waise tum mein aur mujh mein ek cheez common hain!! 😉
leena63 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I had watched Geet from starting & in my POV geet was not a weak character
She staying with orthodox & rude family in 1st they showed her went to bazaar for gol gappa
For she beared the punishment of hathon par soti ki mar
After that also they showed her chhupte chhupate scooty ride
Leaving with that cunning family she helped Channi'a lover
Went to meet maan in darkness