Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2

From Acquaintances To Friends...AnuPre OS

Three.Broomstic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi guys so this OS is loosely based on the story we see so far
Hope you guys enjoy

Anurag Basu was just an acquaintance, my father's boss' son  to be precise. Our conversation was limited to talks about the weather. All of this was valid until very recently.

At Durga Pooja it all changed. There was a storm, a storm that changed our lives. A lot of things happened. I was in the VIP section of the pandal, I got as  close to the godess as possible, did the Pooja, accidentally a part of it was done with Anurag but it was his fault he didn't wait for his turn. Then Anjali happened. That stupid, idiot  best friend of mine pushed me into Anurag's life quite literally.
I mean can you imagine me asking Anurag if he liked boys, I basically called him gay in not so many words. His response was shocking, for a calm and collected person that he was in my head he was joking about it, and I took his bait. 

It was the first time I got a glimpse of the Anurag that was not restrained  and polite all the time, who knew how to have fun. Sometimes in the chill of the night it is difficult to hear the storm brewing. That's exactly why happened when Anjali took me aside going on and on about Anurag. I wondered what was it about him that made girls go crazy. 

By the time we moved out of the storage area most of the place was on fire. Dancing around trying to work our way out of the fire was futile. It was probably the most terrifying few minutes of my life that I will never forget. The smoke and sweat was too much to bear with and we were hoping for some miracle to happen. 

To see Anurag jump into the fire seemed like a scene out of Om Shanti Om. Nonetheless seeing him there Anjali started going hyper again. Can you imagine being in the middle of fire and your best friend screaming at you to call a practical stranger and ask him to jump in the fire for you? Absurd. 

But we did make our way towards him. He looked surprise seeing us there clearly he was no Prince who had come looking for his damsel in distress. He had come looking for the chunni. I mean what is wrong with him? Who jumps into fire for a chunni? Anurag apparently.

There were pillars falling due to the fire. From where I stood I could see a pillar about to fall on the murti of Durga ma. It didn't feel right I knew I had to do something, before I realized what was happening I felt myself holding off the pillar but clearly it was too heavy.

My life flashed in front of my eyes. I was pretty sure my story is over. But it was far from over. Anurag rushed to my side pushing off the pillar successfully.  As I felt the weight lifting off me I felt my eyes close and I don't remember much after that.

When I opened my eyes I was safe in an ambulance with a doctor treating my wounds. I heaved a huge sigh of relief and closed my eyes again. I could hear Anjali sniffling and my mother talking to the doctor. I fainted because I had inhaled too much smoke  the doctor explained to my mother

I could  hear my dad, Anurag and his father trying to calm his mother. She blamed my father for the lack of security. She blamed me that Anurag was hurt. Everyone else was trying to convince her neither me nor my dad wanted for this to happen. But she stormed off refusing to listen to any explanation. My father promised to make it all correct before tomorrow Pooja. I wish we didn't owe them money so my father wouldn't have to endure such behavior from this lady. We went home that night with lots on our mind. They didn't let me do much.

Next day in college was different a lot of girls were giving me angry looks for getting stuck in fire with Anurag. As if that was by choice and we had fun. A lot of girls were surrounding  Anurag trying to ask him if he was ok. I don't know if he was enjoying the attention or not but clearly one person was not. My dearest Anjali. 

She told me she somehow made it out of the fire with the help of some fire fighters. They had then discovered us in the pandal area wherein Anurag was  carrying me in his arms trying to make his way out of the fire.  Anjali was worried if me and Anurag had suddenly fallen in love. As if that happens in real life. I assured her it was nothing of that sort and we were still just acquaintances. I told her what I heard his mother say in a way reassuring her I was the least of her competition. I remember feeling like a fool when she asked if I had  thanked him. I had tried to get a word with him the whole day but he was surrounded by his followers.

In the evening when we bumped into each other I tried to thank him but he brushed it off saying he would have done the same for any one. That was the first time I looked at him with respect in my eyes. It is one thing to save your own skin but it is another to burn it to save someone else's life.

After the Pooja was done my parents made their way home early as they were exhausted from the night before. I was to go a little later after enjoying some time with my friends. Anjali dragged me to where Anurag was. There were a couple of girls trying to get his attention. It was quite a riot. The next thing I know I'm agreeing to be his ride home. It seemed like a fair exchange for his help the previous night. 

As soon as we closed the door getting into the cab I heard him let out a huge sigh. His posture almost tired and his face annoyed. I don't understand why he's annoyed it must be amazing to have all the girls following you are right? All he needs to do is pick one that he likes. How lucky is that when you don't have to worry about rejection I thought. But he said he doesn't believe in the concept of love. 

We reached his house I realized it was beautiful. He asked me if I wanted to come over for a bit. I declined because it would be inappropriate, besides his mom hates me. But I wished to see his house on the inside because it was so beautiful outside.

The next few days in college were hell. The news that Anurag shared a ride with a girl spread like a wild fire. I was getting a lot of glares from the female population who assumed I was trying to steal their Anu. I on the other hand found it very funny because I knew the truth that there was no truth to these rumors. 

That night I heard my dad panicking  on their room. He went on about how some investors had pulled away from the land deal. My mom was screaming at him to calm down and that it will all be ok, we'll find a way to payback the loan. One thing led to another and soon his face  contorted into pain and he was clutching his chest as if in immense pain.

The wait for the ambulance was longest every second felt like an hour. The moment we reached hospital he was taken into ICU for various tests. I could only think of calling Anjali. I didn't even wait for her to say an hello I just poured my heart out to her. I asked her to come to hospital instantly and disconnected the call without waiting for an reply as I saw the doctor walkin. He didn't answer us but rushed back in. 

After a few moments  maybe minutes or hours I don't know I felt someone slide into the seat next to mine reach out for my shoulder. I turned sharply to see Anurag. To say I was surprised to see him there would be putting it mildly. He gave me a light smile while trying to assure me it would be ok. It turns out I had accidentally called him instead of Anjali.

The doctor came out with a grave look on his face. He said my dad needed an urgent Operation for which we had to deposit two lakhs rupees immediately. I remember my body freezing and my palms sweating at this announcement. I felt helpless and the tears returned in full force 

I felt Anurag clasp my hands and give it a squeeze. He asked if we had  arrangements and savings that we wanted to use and my mom responded in negative. It suddenly felt all too real like I was losing my dad for good and another sob broke out. I felt my hand being squeezed again. I looked up to see Anurag.

He wiped my tears and took me by the hand to the reception counter. He asked me to fill out the forms and complete other formalities while he will be back in a while.

I did finish all the forms while my mother and brother tried to manage the finances. Anurag returned in half an hour and came rushing towards us. He took my mom's hands and placed cheque on it. My mom was stunned, she outright refused the help. But Anurag convinced her saying he was doing it all for a man he considers like his own father. He told her that all money came from the Basu trust and that we didn't have to worry about returning it if we couldn't, that we can return it on our own pace because I the trust was built to help employee's in need.My mother was overwhelmed and she kissed his forehead like she would kiss mine and thanked him. 

After ensuring that my mom took the money he returned to sit next to me. The moment I looked at him he smiled and said he would take a video of mine and send it to Ekta Kapoor so that I can audition for one of her soap operas where all the female does is cries.

I looked at him shocked and then  lightly punched his arm but it did bring a whisker of smile to my face. I was glad he was there. I tried to thank him but he said that's what friends do for each other-have each other's backs. And that we had each other covered well on various occasions.

I never realized how and when we went from being just acquaintances to friends in a matter of days. 

Edited by xoanyaxo - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LoseYouToLoveMe thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Amazing One-Shot๐Ÿ˜Š
You're an awesome writer๐Ÿ˜ณ
Really enjoyed reading this๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Please do write more on KZK2 & pm me๐Ÿ˜‰
Originally posted by: lwrimaforever

Amazing One-Shot ๐Ÿ˜Š

You're an awesome writer๐Ÿ˜ณ
Really enjoyed reading this๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Please do write more on KZK2 & pm me๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you so I'm glad you liked it 

avintagesoul thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
U are an amazing writer. Please do write more AnuPre/PreRag Stories, Maybe Some Angst Filled OS When Prerna Is Getting Married, But Not To The Love Of Her Life Anurag, But Mr. Dixit (LOL Serial Mein Na Sahi Shot Mein Shaheer Ko Please Lelijiye). How Will Anurag With React To The News With Tears Of Acid Burning His Existence, And Heart Charring In The Holy Fire Around Which His Love Is Taking Seven Vows With Her Groom, Which Ironically Is Not Him!... The Title Can Be "Intehaan Har Ghadi Ki... Kasautii Zindagii Kay" It Would Be Extremely Intense... Even If You Don't Write On This Topic, Please Do PM Me For Future Updates. - Briti
Suchi_Ejf_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
really simple and sweet OS on friendship ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Suchi_Ejf_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Briti1721

U are an amazing writer. Please do write more AnuPre/PreRag Stories, Maybe Some Angst Filled OS When Prerna Is Getting Married, But Not To The Love Of Her Life Anurag, But Mr. Dixit (LOL Serial Mein Na Sahi Shot Mein Shaheer Ko Please Lelijiye). How Will Anurag With React To The News With Tears Of Acid Burning His Existence, And Heart Charring In The Holy Fire Around Which His Love Is Taking Seven Vows With Her Groom, Which Ironically Is Not Him!... The Title Can Be "Intehaan Har Ghadi Ki... Kasautii Zindagii Kay" It Would Be Extremely Intense... Even If You Don't Write On This Topic, Please Do PM Me For Future Updates. - Briti

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by: Briti1721

Aw thanks so much for all the love. I'm glad you liked it.
But I write very randomly and I've never written angst so not sure if I can ๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by: Suchi_Ejf_fan

really simple and sweet OS on friendship  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thanks glad you liked it
deekshagarg thumbnail
This is really awsome. More than the serial itself i wait for the fan art about that serial. You really did gave me the first os for which i was waiting for the whole week. Thanks snd please keep writing more
Originally posted by: Prizi

I just love it

Thank you๐Ÿ˜Š