Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

My opinion on Adultery law and SBRK

FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
With last few episodes it was clear that CVs won't involve legality in KuNan EMA, Inspector rejected Rajdeep's claim and Mauli didn't reveal that Kunal was cheating on her in court..
I am very curious to know your thoughts on this...

Supreme Court scrapped section 497 which criminalizes adultery, from what I understand is that adultery is not a criminal offense anymore except if the wife commits suicide (I wish they hadn't included this in their ruling as you don't know what one may do in the state of pain and betrayal, but I guess they have to make everything clear), I don't think SC states that adultery is right, it's still a civil offense, which it was anyway for the wife, a wife couldn't file criminal case against her cheater husband, in case of divorce I guess she can take alimony on grounds of adultery or she can ask for custody of her kids, so this is very much wrong but not a crime..

Reading their statements was enlightening, for one the law was scraped because it violates the right to equality, men and women are equal in front of law and section 497 - 1) Treated women as commodity of husbands ie the man has to take husband's consent to sleep with his wife, if he doesn't then he will be punished.
2) A Wife didn't have the right to file a case against her cheater husband..

So in this case SC, could have simply added a few things 1) Man will be punished
2) Woman will be punished
3) Wife can file a case against her husband and his girlfriend

But this violates Right to privacy hence SC scrapped the law altogether, so it's not a crime anymore, doesn't mean it's not wrong..

My views on adultery -
Adultery is a very specific term, emotional cheating is not a part of it, for me emotional cheating is worse than physical cheating, I don't think intimacy is always about emotions, if emotional cheating is involved I think we owe our husbands and wives who spent years with us, the truth.

Let's come to the show -

The biggest drawback of this show is that adultery is being glorified in name of God and destiny, KuNan are not taking responsibilities of their actions, if you love someone then why do you have to say that "God has given us this love" or "Ham Abhaage hai", when you love someone you say "I love you" not "God has commanded me to love you" or "You keep blocking my path thanks to destiny, we might as well live with each other", we are not robots, we are humans with a brain, we make our decisions.
I would have accepted KuNan if the God angle was not involved, I would have accepted two people choosing each other over the world, not saying "God is asking me to leave Mauli and fall for Nandini, God is cruel".
Imagine a scenario where Nandini takes divorce from Rajdeep and Rajdeep is jailed for domestic violence then court orders therapy for Nandini, coincidentally her therapist works in Kunal's clinic so Kunal takes her with him to attend every session, on the other hand Mauli not giving Kunal the time he craves, whenever Kunal comes home he finds Nandini, they develop a bond, after each session Kunal sees a new Nandini, Nandini shares everything with Kunal, cracks develop in Mauli and Kunal's marriage, they start having arguments and in the end they decide to part ways, Mauli expecting Nandini to side with her only to know that Nandini is not her Nandu but Kunal's Nandini...

Edited by FruitToasty - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
I dont have any opinion on this law..as if all the husbands who committed adultery were taken to task and their wives got.justice ..its all a joke ..complaining , filing a case ..the only thing which matters is divorce on the grounds of adultery which is ok. Wives must be having  plenty of other articles in their favour ..pati ko jail bhejna ho toh law favours the women only. Koi bhi dafa lagao. 

the serial i wont discuss because all serials make a mockery of law and medicine . 

FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: _charu_

I dont have any opinion on this law..as if all the husbands who committed adultery were taken to task and their wives got.justice ..its all a joke ..complaining , filing a case ..the only thing which matters is divorce on the grounds of adultery which is ok. Wives must be having plenty of other articles in their favour ..pati ko jail bhejna ho toh law favours the women only. Koi bhi dafa lagao.

the serial i wont discuss because all serials make a mockery of law and medicine .

Most of the laws or rules are not followed by civilians, there is a law on obscenity, according to it you can be fined or imprisoned for roaming around naked, I don't think many people know about it, article 377 which was scrapped recently but how many know that apart from sexual intercourse all type of sexual acts were illegal, courts are a hassle but it has its own place in extreme conditions, I wanted to discuss it because I read people say that SC ruled in favor of KuNan or Kunal and Nandini's relationship is not wrong or whatever..

Research is important in each and every project but ITV is not about art or creation
How is emotional cheating worse than physical cheating? Emotional cheating is uncontrollable, while physical cheating is a choice. 
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: FruitToasty

Most of the laws or rules are not followed by civilians, there is a law on obscenity, according to it you can be fined or imprisoned for roaming around naked, I don't think many people know about it, article 377 which was scrapped recently but how many know that apart from sexual intercourse all type of sexual acts were illegal, courts are a hassle but it has its own place in extreme conditions, I wanted to discuss it because I read people say that SC ruled in favor of KuNan or Kunal and Nandini's relationship is not wrong or whatever..

Research is important in each and every project but ITV is not about art or creation

I roughly know about all the laws but i didnt know that adultry is a criminal offence ..now that its changed ..ok..still i feel law favours the women more and its good ..adultry may or may not be a criminal offence but socially and morally it will always be considered wrong ..