Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

Silsila - Complicated Relationships

yam29 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey, everyone. 
I have been following Silsila since the news about the show's conceptions were out. Initially, I was interested mainly because of Dhrasti Dhami and now, Im interested because of the storyline, cast and everything in general. πŸ˜‰

What does turn me off about this show is how everyone seems to be hating the extra-marital aspect of the show, Kunal-Nandini's relationship. I am surprised about the amount of hatred that Nandini and Dhrasti Dhami are getting from the audience. Why?? πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

No offence, but was it not made clear that the show is about complicated relationships, especially about a married man and an abused woman's extra marital affair, since the very beginning?

I knew what I was getting into when I saw the promo and, so, why are almost everyone just wanting Nandini to be doomed? You know this was what is meant to happen. 

Nandini is the reason why the whole show is happening. 

If Nandini was not around, there wont be any friendship between two women to showcase. If Nandini isnt in the show, there wont be a potrayal of love that happens out of boundaries, reasons or logic. If Nandini was not in Silsila, there won't be betrayal, pain, misunderstandings and complications. 

She runs the show! 

Yes, I know what she did was wrong and yes, what did Kunal did was wrong as well but Silsila is about changes in relationships and differences in perspectives, values and beliefs. 

We are not in the era of Sati Savitri, people!! Its the era of multiple relationships, divorces, casual flings and what not. Im not saying there is no true love and sacred marriage. I am saying that people change, relationships changes, families change, friendships change and even lovers change. 

So, I just think Nandini, Kunal and Mauli deserve second chances. 

1- Nandini should find love, meaning in life and a sense of self. (This lady is a mess. Go get a life. Find yourself a career, an identity beyond relationships, and some self esteem while you are at it. Later, you can fall in love, ok?)

2- Kunal should figure himself and whom he loves. (This man is just so confusing. I never understood how the hell he fell for Nandini. A song, really?🀬)

3 - Mauli should heal herself and find happiness within herself. (Btw, I sincerely think Mauli should just give up on Kunal. Any guy who cheats on you after years of relationship is not worth it. He ain't the one!😑😑)

After some soul searching, if these characters can find it themselves to love one another fully, then they should commit. Be it Kunal and Nandini or Kunal and Mauli or nobody with one another. Its up to them! 

Personally, I want the showmakers to explore the relationship between Kunal, Nandini and Mauli in a deeper manner.

I can see some chemistry between Kunal and Nandini but their relationship is just underdeveloped. I just see extramarital affair and nothing beyond that label. Come, give me more love, tension, confusion, desire, guilt, pain and fight!!! Its forbidden love, for God's sake. It's these ones that make your senses heightened. Why do you think banned movies, books and music are the ones that get most of the attention???πŸ˜‰

Plus, Mauli and Kunal's relationship after the affair fiasco should be explored further. What about the love they had? What do they feel about it? Is it all gone? They were way too sweet with one another to just go out with a poof. πŸ˜²

And lastly, Nandini and Mauli's relationship was the least developed one. I mean, they are friends but I do not feel much about it since both Nandini and Mauli are not very convincing about their friendship. I wish they had given more juice for them. 😭At least, give us some sis-mance flashbacks!

Im not gonna side with any of the jodis until they figure themselves out. Its Silsila- Complicated Relationships, nothing is black and white anymore. Nobody is entirely good nor is anyone a entirely bad. Its the complicatedness that makes Silsila itself. Its a fictional show and that allows us to explore things that are in real life but do not really know of. I see as a fiction only. So, why not, right? 

*P.S. I do not support wondering eyes or cheating affairs. If you were to ask me for personal opinion, I would tell you to cut off entirely from the cheating relationship. No second chances. 
Edited by yam29 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
The promos showed kunal and nandini as being more guilty, ashamed of their feelings for one another and gave the impression that they both would fight and suppress their feelings for one another as they knew mauli would be hurt. 

However, their characters and their attitude was in stark contrast in the show to the impression the promos gave. Kunal and nandini fell into their affair very quickly, having known each other only a few weeks before they shamelessly got in bed with one another, they barely at all fought their feelings, considering how soon they acted on their feelings, then worst of all, they never once actually thought about mauli, nandini acting all shy thinking about kunal after she slept with him, acting normally and all smiley with mauli as if she hadn't slept with mauli's husband behind her back, and just overall, that shame/ guilt and all shown in the promo was non-existent in the show. It all appears to be lust rather than love, and kunal and nandini come across as hormonal and irresponsible teenagers who don't give an F about the people who trust them when breaking their trust, then just recently they claim to rajdeep and each other that they have done nothing wrong, and once again ignoring mauli. 
Plus, the fact that nandini keeps giving all the credit of saving her life from rajdeep and helping her to kunal, not even once mentioning mauli who was the one who supported her the most, and constantly keeping on calling kunal and texting him even after the affair is exposed when nandini knows he would be at home with his wife and family who will be holding him to account for his betrayal of mauli, but she shamelessly kept calling instead of keeping her nose out of mauli and kunal's relationship. 

Also, kunal had a perfect wife in mauli, a perfect marriage with no problems, then claims that mauli is his purana farz when talking to nandini, that too when he had an amazing wife and marriage with mauli who he himself made tall claims about loving mauli on a few weeks till nandini came in to their lives.

Also, when he was going around with nandini behing mauli's back, and the few times he would talk to nandini about mauli, he never once mentioned that he wants to actually leave mauli for nandini, and neither he and nandini cared to think what the future would be like. They had nothing in mind about this. Even now, he keeps saying to nandini he won't leave her alone but also showing signs that he doesn't want to leave mauli. This shows that kunal was hoping to keep both mauli and nandini, which is why he and nandini only ever discussed about telling mauli about their relationship, and never the prospect of him leaving mauli for nandini. Clearly these two shameless pigs were thinking mauli would be generous and allow kunal to be married to her whilst maintaining a relationship with nandini. 

Kunal was hoping to have both girls, and he is still acting like a yo-yo between then, whilst nandini also keeps only thinking about herself and her own pain whilst not even once thinking that she is stealing the girl's husband who she claims is her best friend and ruining mauli's life. Nandini is selfish, and is only good at playing the victim card, including even showing off her love for kunal to rajveer even when the affair was exposed. She and kunal are both shameless about their affair. 

Are you show you have been watching the show, because no offense intended, but it somehow seems like you've only read people's posts and comments bashing nandini and kunal and the ema story, and not actually seen the show to see how the EMA track and kunal and nandini are being portrayed for people to be disgusted by the EMA and these two character's actions and attitudes. Just and honest question, because if you watched the show and saw how kunal and nandini act and the things they say, even you would be both confused and disgusted by them. 

People knew this was about EMA, but the promos suggested kunal and nandini would be more shameful and regretful, the promos didn't suggest they would get in bed only a few weeks after knowing each other behind mauli's back, and neither did the promos suggest that the maker's were going to show kunal-nandini's jodi as being blessed by god like the show had been showing initially before the EMA started, which stupid indian serials always do for couples, and people were disgusted by the way this EMA is played out and the attitude of kunal and nandin towards their affair. They don't give two shits about mauli either and keep justifying themselves, and that's why people are hating on this show dear.
Edited by sammy17 - 5 years ago
prettywomaniya thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i guess u have not followed forum much otherwise you would have got answers to ur questions..
i will cut it to short.
from promos it seemed to me that kunal mauli are a perfect couple and kunal nandini develops special feelings for each other despite being husband and friend respectively to mauli.. and they decide not to give words to their feelings for the sake of mauli. but promo was misleading..
then i thought okay ema happens and its not sati savitri zamana as u said.. so i thought it could be another silsila (movie) i expected some mature behaviour. but again i was ditched by makers.. 

their love wasnt developed.. moreover it was a school college types romance. trust me even school kids are more mature.. 
chalo it was immature but there has to be some logic behind ema and kunal falling apart mauli.. i didnt see any such scenes..  πŸ˜•

nandini was the cause, mauli is the effect πŸ˜† 
people started watching for dd and shakti but lost interest and had quit way back.. it was mauli who bring the janta back..
so for me its mauli who runs the show.. also it has become right vs wrong for people so they r keen to watch what next and how it is executed..
i agree all three deserve second chances..
and there are zillions of posts which describe why people are hating nandini and kunal.. why hating nandini more than kunal and why hating this show but still cant leave it in midway..

lastly i agree people shouldnt get personal with actors.. 
Edited by Anahi - 5 years ago
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Originally posted by: Anahi

i guess u have not followed forum much otherwise you would have got answers to ur questions..

i will cut it to short.
from promos it seemed to me that kunal mauli are a perfect couple and kunal nandini develops special feelings for each other despite being husband and friend respectively to mauli.. and they decide not to give words to their feelings for the sake of mauli. but promo was misleading..
then i thought okay ema happens and its not sati savitri zamana as u said.. so i thought it could be another silsila (movie) i expected some mature behaviour. but again i was ditched by makers.. 

their love wasnt developed.. moreover it was a school college types romance. trust me even school kids are more mature.. 
chalo it was immature but there has to be some logic behind ema and kunal falling apart from mauli.. i didnt see any such scenes.. πŸ˜•

nandini was the cause, mauli is the effect πŸ˜† 
people started watching for dd and shakti but lost interest and had quit way back.. it was mauli who bring the janta back..
so for me its mauli who runs the show.. also it jas become right vs wrong for people so they r keen to watch what next and how it is executed..
i agree all three deserve second chances..
and there are zillions of posts which describes why people are hating nandini and kunal.. why hating nandini more than kunal and why hating this show but still cant leave it in midway..

lastly i agree people shouldnt get personal with actors.. 

Exactly dear. People started watching for DD and shakti, but a lot of people were so annoyed and disgusted with the level of immaturity and shamelessness that their characters presented that they either left, or stayed back because they all fell for mauli's character and wanted to watch what happens with mauli/ what she does. Aditi has been a surprise package, and her breakdown and confronting kunal when the affair was exposed was a phenomenal performance, especially when kunal saw her dress like nandini and imitate nandini's character to mock kunal over his affair with nandini. πŸ‘
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Personally I don't want nandini to find love. Not because I hate her, but because I've had enough of her running after men and prioritising a man's affection over the desire to have her own identity. It's annoying to see that nandini chooses the most easy and lazy routes for herself to live life easy, whether that be disbelieving her best friend and still continuing with marrying her evil fiance, living with her abusive husband instead all that time instead of standing up for herself, or stealing her best friend's husband just because she feels lovely and deprived of love. 

For her, doing nothing with her life other than serving a man and living on a man's income is the easiest route, when she should ideally be trying to become independent and build her own career. Instead of her finding love in the end, I just want nandini to realise that a woman should not seek validation from a man just to prove her self-worth and ensure her security, but a woman should learn to stand up for herself and live her life with dignity, so she should be shown having settled in a successful career that she built up on her own without anybody's help or mercy in the end. 
prettywomaniya thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@sammy i agree sammy. even though i felt deeply connected to mauli still i was damn surprised to see that avtar of mauli.
the confrontation was beyond awesome and i am sure that had set a bench mark for other actors .. all the credit goes to aditi and mauli's dialogues.. we have fans from other shows who came here after seeing maulis confrontation scenes. so people are not at all convinced with this execution of ema. ema was never a problem.. 
we have written zillions of posts to tell this thing but again i am writing this.. hehe. next time i am gonna cut copy paste from some previous post... 
Angels11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Phir se? Its like Poora Ramayan sunne ke baad yeh poocho Ki Ram kaun aur Ravan Kaun πŸ₯±

And wats with all tis gyan gng rnd in the forum tat tis is 21st century. Since wen did EMA become a good thing in this century. Whether its 21st century or 41st century cheating is wrong, breaking trust is wrong, betraying a loved 1 is wrong. Being modern doesnt mean sleeping rnd. Being modern means being strong, independent, standing up for justice & opposing social evils.

Is it too much to ask the divine couple to think at least for a few seconds bt others than just I ME MYSELF. Is it too much 2 expect dignity frm them. Is it too much 2 expect them 2 show some sensitivity & humanity towards Mauli whose only fault is loving & trusting them 2 the extreme. Is it too much 4 them 2 stop their Kheer marathon keeping in mind how deeply they ve hurt so many ppl. Is it too much to expect at least 1 FRIGGING ounce of guilt & compassion for Mauli?

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
I dont accept that its nandinis journey. Its kunal and maulis journey also and more interesting , intense and emotional . 

Ema may be a thing of 21st century but betrayal , cheating ,abuse , violence , mental torture , will always be seen as wrong ? I think so ..nandini wasnt the only one who was tortured . Mauli is going through the same emotional trauma . We cant compare whose trauma was more and hence who is more right . Mauli sets to lose everything . Her husband , her love , she will lead a loveless life with kunal and without him , both ways. 

For the.nth time dear , we are not opposed to the idea of ema but cvs failed to gather any sympathy for their kunan , instead majority of junta is in team mauli and want karma biting back kunan. That is the only reason we are still watching 
elim thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
jisko jo karna hai karne do. I love Nandini. Kunan have good chemistry bt don't care about Kunal anymore .
I hope Nandini will find happiness n peace.
Mishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
In short, this has not been a mature take on EMA & hence the strong criticism for the two
characters & yes, many including myself have been hoping to watch Mauli's journey.
But alas, at this point, not sure if the writers will do justice to her character πŸ˜•
Edited by Mishfan - 5 years ago