•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 5 years ago

Helllooo forum walo! I am Uma or Um.  I just watched the first episode and few things ran in my mind so I thought why not!

So obviously I am little biased because I loved Parth in KY2 and Erica in KRPKAB so this is them coming together so I am very much into the idea of them 2 as a couple.  But I never watched the original series so I am coming into the show without a base or something to expect.  On the other hand, I am not an EK tv show fan because of her necessary to drag and emphasize certain things.  So, I do feel like I am in for a ride here.

To start from the beginning, the show isn't subtle and I should have expected that.  The intro was about 5 minutes long? I thought that was funny but since its a revamp I guess it was necessary.  You can see the differences between the two families straight for the bat.  Prerna and her family looked super lovable, while Anurag and his family looked composed but it is obvious there were problems.  BUT THEY ALL LOOK SO GOOD.  Hats off to casting too, I can see everyone playing their role A!

Basu Family

• Lets start of with it, the mom is extraaa.  But like she's supposed to be on the evil side right? I kind of already hate her, but i guess I will put up with her.  But I can already imagine scenes were Anurag goes against her which I think will be good to watch
  • Moloy! Ok i loved him! His acting was a 10 and his character is so funny! How did he get married to Mohini?? They are like total opposites.  I want good father son scenes.  And he likes his best friends family so at least Prerna will have someone liking her in the future
  • Nivedita - I think her outfit is too overboard, but I get what they are trying to showcase.  I like Pooja so I am looking forward to her acting.  We can see that she feels that she is not loved by her mom.  She feels to be in Anurag's shadow which is not good for the future.
  • Anupam - did not get much of him but other than that he likes money.  But I want to see how Sahil plays this character
  • I didn't get much from the other siblings other than one is a responsible

Sharma Family

• Dad is one that is proper and follows the morals.  I respect that.  He loves his beti and I loved his line so what is wrong with her staying in the house.  She's our daughter not a burden.  As daughter I related to that!
  • Prerna's mom, I know she is supposed to be a sweet mom, but she is one of those who complains a lot and I can see more of that in the future.  It is clear that she does not like the Basu family so lets see where that goes.  There is clear confrontations between her and Mohini that are going to happen. 
  • Don't know much about the brothers and bhabhi yet

Homophobia

• Honestly I am not going to divulge too much into it.  I get what they were trying to do.  I don't think it was to appeal to the youth, I think it was for a comical factor.  I didn't see anything offending in there either.  It could have been avoided but I did not see it as something awful.  I actually quite enjoyed Parth and Erica's acting in that scene.  It also progressed Anurag and Prerna's normal conversations into something more.

Anurag and Prerna

• This is where my bias comes in.  I love them just because I think they look uber cute together lol.
  • Character wise in the beginning scene it is clear their views are different, especially with like god and time.  
  • I do see similarities: love for family, need to be independent, education, honesty and i feel like things like these are going to help them connect
  • Mohini is not Prerna's biggest fan so she is going to be her biggest obstacle.  There is nothing going on between the two and she already calls her a servant.  
  • In the aarti scene we got a glimpse of Anurag staring at her and her staring at him.  He could have waited till she finished and done the aarti but he did along side her. PS: these aartis are too long
  • "Toofan aanewalai" well this was a repeated dialogue.  And I want to see how they play this out
  • Prerna's friend! Its like a KRPKAB reunion lol. I would like see her play a good character
  • There is just a lot more to see.  As for now chemistry seems to be good, nothing forced!

Mystery Man & Precap

• I don't know the story line so like who? what? when? where? why? 
  • I have no clue who is playing him or what his role is
  • Does he come into Prerna's life or Anurag's life first
  • Alright precap! I hated it! Just for the excessiveness. Not the I got to save the girl from the fire part.  I got used to that, I know every male lead is going to do that
  • BUT like the jump over the fire was too much
  • Loved the red dupatta tho and background music.  I am already jamming to it and they look so cute

I have not done one of these reviews in a realll long time.  I would like to do it whenever I have time.  I probably left out a couple of stuff.  Here are my 2 cents, drop your opinions below!

Edited by 3dancelover - 5 years ago
lovely thoughts on first epi, I really agree especially that  casting is done on dart and everyone has lived up to their roles๐Ÿ‘
As much as I enjoyed watching the episode, I enjoyed reading your post.. ๐Ÿ‘
And I connected to your post instantly with the connection for Erica-Parth.. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Though Erica is my personal favorite I like Parth too for good.. Very happy to see them both back onscreen and together they are just delicious for me.. โค๏ธ

Just wish their characters do good for them keeping them  and the show intact without any fanwars separating them off or on screen unnecessarily.  ๐Ÿ˜† Many times fanwars decide the fate of the show.. Fingers crossed.. 

Please keep your posts coming to keep the forum healthy and prosperous๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜‰
Lovely analysis of the first episode ๐Ÿ‘
Being Parth  fan I was really excited about KZK..both me and my roommate watched him in KYY I  know how great actor he is...after watching initial part of KZK we said wow...this show is giving a feeling of movie..amazing.i am really on cloud nine. ..Parth was amazing as usual. ..coming to Erica. ..we are watching her first show and she was just mindblowing. looking very beautiful. 
Originally posted by Push-pull

As much as I enjoyed watching the episode, I enjoyed reading your post.. ๐Ÿ‘
And I connected to your post instantly with the connection for Erica-Parth.. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Though Erica is my personal favorite I like Parth too for good.. Very happy to see them both back onscreen and together they are just delicious for me.. โค๏ธ

Just wish their characters do good for them keeping them  and the show intact without any fanwars separating them off or on screen unnecessarily.  ๐Ÿ˜† Many times fanwars decide the fate of the show.. Fingers crossed.. 

Please keep your posts coming to keep the forum healthy and prosperous๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜‰

Aww thank you!
I love both of them, Parth's emotions in his eyes reminded me of a couple of mind blowing emotional episodes he did in KYY.  Cannot wait for romantic scenes.

Yeah there are already fanwars of multiple types.  I am trying my best to stay out of it.  Just want to enjoy the show and appreciate the actors
Originally posted by rupinr

Lovely analysis of the first episode ๐Ÿ‘
Being Parth  fan I was really excited about KZK..both me and my roommate watched him in KYY I  know how great actor he is...after watching initial part of KZK we said wow...this show is giving a feeling of movie..amazing.i am really on cloud nine. ..Parth was amazing as usual. ..coming to Erica. ..we are watching her first show and she was just mindblowing. looking very beautiful. 
Thank you!
And same! My best friend and I have watched both KYY and KRPKAB so we love both of them.  
Nice thoughts on the first episode.
I am fan of Erica from krpkab. But never saw Parth's acting ,I must say he is extremely good as Anurag.
Loved their chemistry too.
It was a cringe worthy introduction.
I felt embarrassed even watching it.