Seeing him in his deathbed didn't change the way I feel.

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 5 years ago

Having a womanizer father is terrible. It makes me hate men in general but I didn't go that far gladly. My mother was one of his mistresses and I am the product of such misdeed. My mom didn't know he was married but was not blessed with a child because his wife is barren. When she knew the truth, she cut all ties with my father.

My Dad didn't take his responsibilities to me. Instead, he continued having an affair with different women from USA. I grew up with his promise of coming back when I turn 18. But I'm turning 27 and he's not coming back and will never be. Until my mom told me to meet my father at a local hospital he was confined in. There, I saw my Dad lying, can't talk and old. Even though he's in his deathbed, it didn't change the way I feel toward him. I hate him. I hate how he didn't choose to spend time with me before he gets older. I hate everything about him. Do I have the right to feel this way? I feel so evil but can't help it.

Originally posted by karinagomez

Having a womanizer father is terrible. It makes me hate men in general but I didn't go that far gladly. My mother was one of his mistresses and I am the product of such misdeed. My mom didn't know he was married but was not blessed with a child because his wife is barren. When she knew the truth, she cut all ties with my father.

My Dad didn't take his responsibilities to me. Instead, he continued having an affair with different women from USA. I grew up with his promise of coming back when I turn 18. But I'm turning 27 and he's not coming back and will never be. Until my mom told me to meet my father at a local hospital he was confined in. There, I saw my Dad lying, can't talk and old. Even though he's in his deathbed, it didn't change the way I feel toward him. I hate him. I hate how he didn't choose to spend time with me before he gets older. I hate everything about him. Do I have the right to feel this way? I feel so evil but can't help it.

Cannot blame you. Even if its me may be I also will do the same.
Obviously he's not the person you wanted or needed him to be in your life. Your feelings are completely justified. No one can tell you how to feel, you're going to feel the way you do no matter what anyone says. But do take one thing into account, the only person who's going to be hurt by the hate you feel is you. I know it's difficult, but you're better off leaving him and his memories behind. Don't let a new relationship fail because of the shortfalls of an old one. You wouldn't want someone to hate all women because of the actions of other women who have nothing to do with you, then on the same token you can't judge all men with the same lens. I hope you find closure and peace. Treat yourself right, others will have no choice to follow suit.