Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KJLuv thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hi Prags! How are you? Al well na?

I know you are busy.. but please keep droping a note now and then, however your time permits. Simple "Hi" would suffice😃, so we know u are well!!

Hows ur college stuff coming along?

Edited by KJLuv - 4 years ago
DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: KJLuv

Hi Prags! How are you? Al well na?

I know you are busy.. but please keep droping a note now and then, however your time permits. Simple "Hi" would suffice😃, so we know u are well!!

Hows ur college stuff coming along?

Heyyyyyy you!

I'm alive! Yes!!

College stuff is kinda bad. I had this interview and it bombed and I didn't get in so I'm really sad cause that was my top school. But, hopefully I'll get into another one. There's a tentative interview for 10/11. Let's hope I get the call.

Plus, exams are starting from Monday, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. Let's hope my papers go well!

Prizi thumbnail

All d best prags👍🏼

Don't worry everything will be fine ❤️

scorpiofazy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Intehaan ho gayi intezaar ki...aayi na koi update next part ki🤔

maulik1992 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

All the best for exam... 

KJLuv thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Uh oh... interviews ka aise hi hota hai. Dnt be disheartened , consider it an experience. And al the best for next interview and ur exams.

DMGThings thumbnail

Previously On…

Billy comes to see Armaan along with Jaanhavi’s father, Avinash, but Armaan throws them out of the house after an intense confrontation. It is later revealed by Rahul that Billy & Avinash abused Jaanhavi after the death of Jaanhavi’s mom.

Armaan & Nikki have a long overdue talk and Nikki finds out that Armaan wrote to her, but she never received any letters, which stumps Armaan because he thought she received them and was ignoring him. They make up. Nikki finds out that Sid intercepted the letters prompting her to cut ties with him. Abhi confronts Sid about this while Riddhima & Nikki console each other on finding out what Sid had done.

Track 42 - Roller Coaster, Jonas Brothers

Nikki & Riddhima finally came back downstairs late in the morning, after taking eons in the bathroom to get rid of the slightest evidence that would let anyone know they'd spent hours crying. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Everyone seemed to be goofing around, well, those of them who were at home, at least.

Her parents and Nani weren't there, so she assumed that they were at the Mehras', helping in any way they could. They were from the groom's side, after all, even if it didn't seem to be that way because all of them had grown so very fond of Jaanhavi in such a short time. She really was a ray of happiness and sunshine,despite being heavily injured. It reminded Riddhima of all the times that Armaan had been bid ridden at the hospital and still had managed to retain his sunny disposition. Armaan and Jaanhavi were so alike in so many ways, and yet so different in others that at times she was shocked. It was evident though,that they were raised by the same woman, who Riddhima knew in her heart of hearts, had probably been the most amazing person. It made her heart ache. She wished that she could've met her, if only once, not just because she had come to realize just how much she meant to Armaan, but also because from what she'd heard from Jaanhavi and Nikki, Shalini Aunty seemed to be the kind of person that Riddhima would have admired with all of her. Quick witted, passionate,strong, and a heart brimming with so much love to give to others. Yes, Armaan was his Bua Maa made over. Riddhima had absolutely no doubt about that. She wished she could have met the woman once to thank her for raising Armaan to be the man he was, for loving him so much when he didn't have anyone, for being such a doting and attentive parent to him in all the ways that mattered, and for being the safe harbour he'd needed as a child. There was so much more that she had to say to Shalini Aunty, and she wished that she could have had that chance, but she never could, and it would always hurt her. Funny how life worked. She never thought she'd ever feel such a deep ache and longing for someone she'd never even met. She didn't know how Armaan, Nikki, and Jaanhavi did it. Absolutely not.

She scanned the room once more to see Armaan playing with Nikumbh, Navneeta, and Samrat. Her heart warmed at the sight. She could see how bright Armaan's smile was, and when he turned to see her and Nikki standing there, his smile got impossibly wider. He held his hand out, his eyes conveying a million emotions all at once. “Jaani?” He called softly, a question and a plea. “Come, join us?”

Everyone in the room looked up sharply at the term of endearment falling from his lips, a name they'd never heard before, but which was spoken with such a soft reverence as if his tongue had been dying to form those syllables for years. And they probably had.

Nikki, unmindful (maybe even completely unaware and oblivious) of the stares in the room, giggled and eagerly skipped towards him, immediately holding her hand in his the second they were in touching distance. She sat down on the carpet beside him and he dropped a quick kiss to her cheek before turning back to Monopoly.

Jaanhavi and Tamanna watched the scene unfold with tears in their eyes, much like Riddhima's. It was all the confirmation Riddhima needed. They knew. Which meant Rahul knew, too. Riddhima didn't know how it would all play out, but watching the unbridled joy on both Armaan & Nikki's faces, she knew that they'd be just fine.

Riddhima's ears caught a quiet giggle and she saw Anjali and Atul tucked away in a corner, observing the little party of 5 in the middle of the living room. Atul was rubbing Anjali's baby bump and Riddhima knew that the two of them were imagining their own baby thrown into that haphazard, messy, yet amazingly beautiful mess.

Rahul& Muskaan had obviously gone to check over some prep, and it warmed Riddhima's heart to know that they were getting these moments together, because she knew that no matter what happened after Rahul finally decided, they would always have this time they'd spent together. She remembered how she'd cherished it with Armaan till a couple days ago. Gods, it felt like all that had happened ages ago, not days. Ever since they'd come to New York, it seemed like time was too fast, and yet, too slow. It had certainly been an eye opening trip, riddled with revelations at every corner. And yet, there was still so much that remained unsaid. But then again, wounds inflicted over the course of a decade couldn't be healed in a matter of 3 weeks. She hoped and she prayed that it would, though. She needed this to work out. She needed Rahul to understand how much Muskaan loved him and for him to let go of his insecurities. She needed Rahul & Muskaan to be together. Muskaan was the best friend anyone could ever ask for, and she'd done so much for Riddhima in these past 7 years that Riddhima wouldn't even be able to repay her kindness in the next 7 births. After everything they'd been through, Muskaan deserved all the happiness in the world, and it was clear that she wouldn't be completely happy without Rahul. Ever.

Riddhima sighed. Why was life so complicated? Why couldn't it all be easy?

"Riddhima Di?" Tamanna called softly, breaking her from her thoughts.

Riddhima turned to her and smiled. "Yes, Tamanna? Did you need something?"

"Nothing much. I just wanted your opinion on my mehendi outfit. I'm actually confused between two. Can you help me choose one?" She asked.

"Of course!" Riddhima agreed readily. "Let's go!"

Tamanna grinned and the two of them went to Tamanna's room where they spent the rest of the morning discussing various outfits she'd planned for the wedding. Riddhima really enjoyed spending time Tamanna. She was beginning to see why Armaan had fallen for her. She was such a beautiful person, inside and out. And, as much as it hurt her to admit, Riddhima was very happy that Armaan had someone like Tamannna in his life. He deserved all the happiness in the world, and she was sure that if anyone, Tamanna would be the one to do it.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

Armaan sighed deeply as he entered the precinct. This was most definitely not how he'd envisioned spending his afternoon, especially after the wonderful day he'd had.It felt like the last few days had been all drama and tears and pain, so today had been a welcome change. Everyone was so happy. Rahul & Muskaan had spent some quality time together, and judging by the way Muski had been flitting around the house, all grins and laughs, when he'd left, he thought it safe to assume that they'd had a very good day. Riddhima & Tamanna finally seemed to be getting along great, the way he'd been sure they would. He'd been really confused by Riddhima's staunch avoidance of anything to do with Tamanna because he'd thought that of all people here, she'd gravitate towards Tamanna, but when that hadn't happened, and when he'd seen Riddhima go out of her way to avoid Tamanna, he hadn't known what to do. He knew that spending time with Riddhima would be something that Tamanna would appreciate a lot and Riddhima's behaviour had hurt him. But, he also knew that there wasn't anything he could do about it. He, of all people knew, how stubborn Riddhima was, and once she decided something, it was damn near impossible to change her mind. And realistically, he couldn't force anyone to get along with someone else, could he? So, he'd let it go. But now, Riddhima was taking an effort. He could see it. She was trying to get to know Tamanna, and from what he'd gathered, did actually like spending time with her, too, which was categorically amazing.

And then, of course, there was Jaani. Gods, it felt good to refer to her as that. He'd been wanting to do it for so very long but didn't think he had the right to anymore, or the inclination. But, everything had changed during the course of one conversation. His Jaani was back. In fact, she'd never left. He'd just stupidly assumed that she had. He was so very glad that he'd cleared the air with her. Spending time with her had been golden. The two of them had very easily fallen back to the bantering and bickering and laughing that was commonplace for them. It felt like no time had passed at all. That they were still those silly teenagers who hung out and had fun together, who told each other everything, who supported each other through the toughest periods of their life. Like they were Maani & Jaani and not a day had passed, much less seven years.

Such an amazing day. And yet, here he was, at the police station, to talk about his father and uncle of all people in the world. Best get it over with, he thought.

"Hi, I'm Armaan Mallik," he introduced himself to one of the cops, who he remembered cuffing his father.

"Hi. Det. Sean Patterson," the officer replied. "Please, have a seat."

"Thank you," Armaan said, sitting on one of the chairs.

"So," the detective began, "what happened yesterday?"

"Um… those two men wouldn't leave my house, despite me telling them repeatedly to do so," Armaan explained.

"Hmmmmm," Sean answered. "Why were they inside in the first place?"

Armaan breathed deeply. This was a little tricky. They hadn't forced their way in.

"Uh… I wasn't at home when they arrived. Um… actually, my sister is getting married soon, and I have a lot of guests at home. And they let those two men in, thinking they were guests as well. As soon as I was made aware of the fact that they were inside my house, I rushed home and asked them to leave. But they didn't," Armaan replied truthfully.

"Why would someone believe them to be guests?" The officer asked.

"They're… uh… one of them… ahhhh… one of the men… He's… uh… He's my father," Armaan admitted reluctantly. "And the other, my uncle."

"What?" The detective asked, confused. "They're your father and uncle?"

"Yes," Armaan agreed.

"So… how were they trespassing?" Sean pressed.

"We don't… we don't associate with each other. I haven't spoken to them in years. They might be related to me by blood, but they're not my family," Armaan answered.

"Oh," the man replied, trying to make sense of it all.

"Look, detective," Armaan said. "I'm not looking for any trouble. The fact of the matter is that they're abusive assholes and neither me, nor anyone else in my family, wants them there. My guests weren't aware of the inner workings of my life, which is why they didn't know that I don't speak to my father, and they let him in. But, I don't want him there. Ever. So, please. Just… don't… don't question it. I don't want to see them. Now, if you can assure me that they won't ever try to contact me, or anyone in my family ever again, I don't even care what you do with them. Release them, deport them, let them stay here. I don't give a f**k. I'll drop all charges if you can promise me they won't bother me again."

The detective looked at Armaan for a minute before nodding. "Okay. Fine. You'll have restraining orders against them."

"Thank you," Armaan replied. "Then, I'll take my case back."

"Okay," Sean agreed.

"Great," Armaan said. "Thank you."

"Thank you for coming in," the officer replied. "And congratulations."

"Thank you," Armaan answered.

He left the precinct feeling lighter than he had in years. Billy & Avinash could never bother him again now. Legally. It took a huge burden off his shoulders and he could breathe easier. This was great, it was perfect. Exactly what he needed. Maybe tonight, he would be able to sleep just a little better. Maybe.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

It took a lot of thinking and going back and forth on her decision, but in the end, Padma decided that she needed to talk to Armaan. Since Rahul had told them all about Billy, she'd been itching to go see him, to talk to him. She wanted so badly to hug him tight, just the way a mother could, and share some of his pain. It was high time she did that, anyway. She'd always loved him like a son, but had never been able to show it to him the way she wanted to. She'd been insecure, afraid. Despite knowing that Armaan cared for her deeply, she didn't know how he would react if she tried to mother him, if he would take it positively. So,she'd behaved with him in a friendly aloof manner, always taking the time to talk to him, even if for a minute or two, to see how he was doing, and giving him advice as a friend's mother when she felt he needed it. But, other than the few heartfelt conversations they'd had, and the hugs he'd always had an abundance of where she was concerned, their relationship had been superficial. Okay, not superficial. But, it wasn't as deep and honest as she'd liked it to have been. It wasn't that of a mother and son, like she wanted it. No. It was just of a boy and his friend's mom who liked him better than her daughter's other friends. That wasn't how she'd envisioned her relationship with Armaan. Never.

Yes, it had started that way, and they'd remained like that for sometime, but once it had come to light that Armaan & Riddhima were a couple, she'd felt that their relationship would be able to progress. She'd thought that she'd finally be able to behave like a mother with Armaan, the way she'd longed for for so long. She'd felt ecstatic that Armaan would finally have a mom, that too, in her, because, she knew. She knew that though Armaan had a mother, she wasn't involved in his life like a mother should be. After she'd met Ananya, Padma wasn't able to deny that she (Ananya) was a great person. But, she wasn't all that good a mother. It was obvious that her and Armaan shared an affectionate bond, but it was nowhere like her own relationship with her daughters. Those daughters who'd been in her life for only a couple of years. And their relationship was stronger than a mother and son who'd been together forever. So, she'd decided that she'd forge a relationship with Armaan as strong as the one she had with Riddhima.

But life had other plans, and Riddhima ended up getting married to Sid. Sid, who was a nice boy, and on paper, looked to be a great husband for Riddhima. For all his faults, he'd done the right thing as far as the Guptas were concerned, and for that, Padma was grateful. But, even though she was grateful, she wasn't happy. She wasn't happy that Sid was Riddhima's husband, because whenever she thought of Riddhima's husband, she always thought of Armaan, her son. And no matter how hard he tried, Sid would never be Armaan and she would never love him like she loved Armaan. She'd always known that.

She loved Armaan so very much, and yet, wasn't able to show him. All her dreams had vanished the moment Riddhima married Sid. She wasn't able to be a mother to Armaan no matter how bad she craved it, and she still wasn't. But, she wanted to change it now. She wanted to be there for him, the way he'd always been there for her. When Riddhima found out she was adopted, through the tumour, during her wedding, and even now, with Shilpa telling everyone about her father, Armaan had always been there for her. He'd always been her son, she realized with a start. It was her who'd been unsuccessful in being a mother. But, she would change it now.

Taking a deep breath, she knocked on Armaan's door. She wasn't backing away now. No way, no how.

"Padma Aunty?" Armaan asked, smiling pleasantly once he opened the door.

"Hi," Padma replied. "Can I come in?"

"Of course," Armaan answered, moving aside to let her in. "Come. Sit. Did you need something?"

"Why? I can't come see you just for the sake of it?" Padma fired back.

"You know you can come see me anytime," Armaan replied. "I was just checking."

Padma smiled at him and shook her head fondly. "Come here," she said, patting the spot on the bed next to where she was sitting.

Armaan obliged and looked at her, absolutely confused. Since their talk after Shilpa's revelation, he hadn't really spoken to Padma Aunty. But then again, since that day, a lot had been happening and he was so busy with everything that he hadn't had the time to talk to anyone, really. The last proper conversation he'd had was probably the one with Riddhima, by the pool when he'd apologized to her.

"Boliye," he said, waiting for her to say something.

"I just thought I'd check on you and ask how you're doing," Padma replied, smiling softly. "So much has happened in the last few days and I wanted to see if you're coping fine."

Armaan grinned at her, surprised. But then again, he shouldn't have been. Padma Aunty had always cared about him. They may not have interacted as much as he liked, but she was one of the few people in his past that truly, genuinely cared about him.

"I'm doing okay, all things considered," Armaan answered.

"Hmmmm. You know if you ever want to talk I'm here for you, right?" She asked.

"Ye… yeah. I… I know, Padma Aunty," Armaan told her.

"Good," Padma replied. "And… I wanted to apologize as well."

"Apologize?" Armaan asked her, absolutely confused.

"Yes," Padma said. "Shashank shouldn't have interfered between you and Billy Bhaisahab."

"Ohhhhh," Armaan nodded in understanding. "Why are you apologizing for that, Aunty? You aren't responsible for Dr. Shashank's actions! And in fact, I should be the one apologizing for that. I was a little too brusque with him, wasn't I? I shouldn't have taken my frustration with Billy out on him. It wasn't his fault."

"I guess so. But he still shouldn't have gotten in the middle. Whatever you were doing, even if we weren't privy to the exact reasons, we should have trusted you to make the right decision," she said.

Armaan shrugged. "It's okay."

Padma beamed at him. But then, sobering up, she added, "Armaan… I understand if you don't want to talk about it, but can I ask you something?"

"Sure," he readily agreed. He had an inkling as to where this was heading.

"Will you tell me about your Bua Maa?" Padma asked, almost too softly. She wanted to know about the woman who meant so much to Armaan, the one who'd raised him. His mother for all intents and purposes.

Armaan looked at her, a little surprised. Though he was pretty sure she was going to ask about Bua Maa, this wasn't what he thought she would. He was thinking more along the lines of the accident and what happened after.

"It's completely okay if you don't feel like talking about her," Padma hastily added. "I just… she sounds like an amazing woman, and she's your mother. I just wanted to get to know her a little, I guess. But I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

"You're right," Armaan answered, smiling nostalgically. "She's the most amazing person I've ever met."

He reached over her to find her photo that had been lying on the bed, the same one that Nikki had seen the day before. Finding it, he pulled back to show it to Padma Aunty.

"This is her," he told her. "Bua Maa."

"She's stunning," Padma told him.

"She is," Armaan agreed.

"She's got such a beautiful smile," Padma added. "It could brighten anyone's day, no matter what they're going through."

"It brightened my entire life," Armaan replied, caressing the frame with a feather light touch.

"She was the best singer ever," Armaan started. "She taught me everything I know about music. I loved listening to her sing, or play the sitar. She was a very strict teacher. Learning music from her was not easy, but I still enjoyed every moment of it because it brought us so much closer. My fondest memories of her still involve music in some form or the other. The ones that stand out most are the mornings when it would just be the two of us, doing riyaaz. It was heavenly. I don't think I've ever felt contentment like that.

She loved to read. Always had. And she made me love reading as well. Every night I spent at her house, she'd read me a bedtime story, or make me read her one. She was always buying me books, no matter what the occasion. When I got older, we would have these in depth discussions about what we were reading, dissecting everything about the story. We were our own book club. She always had a knack of reaching through and understanding what wasn't said. She taught me that, too. Reading between the lines.

She wasn't all that good a cook, but she made a mean sarson ka saag. It was the one thing she could cook to utter perfection. When I was young, I didn't really like eating her cooking most of the time, because it wasn't as good as the cook at home, but now, I miss it so much. Sometimes, I purposely fudge my food -adding a little more salt than necessary, or maybe chilli - just to remember what her food tasted like.

She was… she was the best. Like you said, she had the most gorgeous smile. And the sound of her laughter was like music. She could always make me feel better no matter how sad I was. One hug from her was enough to make me forget all my problems. That's what I miss the most about her. Those hugs."

He stopped then, taking a moment to wipe the wetness around his eyes. He hadn't even realized, but somehow, he'd ended up with his head on Padma's lap as he talked. He immediately tried to sit up, but Padma stopped him, making him place his head back on her lap.

"She sounds perfect," Padma told him.

"She was," Armaan was prompt to answer. "But I guess, as a kid, I didn't see her flaws. To me, she was the most perfect person. The one person who could do no wrong. But, I'm sure she had her problems, her issues. I just don't know about them."

"That's the way it always is with parents," Padma replied. "We want our kids to think that we're infallible. We strive for perfection, especially where our children are concerned. It's only when you grow up that you see through us."

" Iguess that's true," Armaan answered.

"Tell me more about her?" Padma requested.

Armaan spent the rest of the night talking about her. He told Padma stories that had her in stitches the entire time. It felt so good to remember all the happy times he'd shared with Bua Maa. All those fond memories of her, that was all he had of her now. So, he talked about them. He talked about them till his throat was sore and his eyes were droopy and he never even realized when he fell asleep, still talking, his head still in Padma's lap.

Padma looked down at him, sleeping with a huge smile on his face. He looked like a kid when he slept - innocent and happy, without a care in the world. He looked absolutely gorgeous. Padma had never seen him more at ease. She wished she could do something to make him feel like this all the time, but of course she couldn't. No one could. But, she was still happy that she was able to give him this, even if for such a short time.

After today, she felt so much closer to him, felt like she'd gotten to know him much better. He was such a charming boy, always had been she was realizing. It was nice to see that he'd tried to continue on as the boy his mother had raised him to be after she passed away. She truly was a phenomenal woman. And, Padma would never be able to thank her enough for making Armaan the man he was.

She bent down and kissed Armaan's forehead before slipping out from under him carefully. She tucked him in snugly and kissed his forehead again, before leaving the room.

That entire night, Armaan slept with a huge smile on his face, his sleep more pleasant than it had been in years.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wowza. This was difficult to write. But I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Sorry for the lack of AR in this. But, we're gonna have scenes with them in the next one, pakka promise. Lots of exciting and happy things are going to happen starting next chapter, so be on the lookout. :D

Also, listen to Roller Coaster because OMG it is so freaking good!! JoBros came for my heart with their new album! <33333

Will try to update ILYLTF soon! :))))

DMGThings thumbnail

Nights, flying down the 10, nearly 2 AM
Happiness begins
Days lifted in a haze, we weren't just a phase
We weren't just pretend (just pretend)

I remember low lows and high highs
We threw our hands up, palms out to the skies

It was fun when we were young and now we'reolder
Those days when we were broke in California
We were up-and-down and barely made it over
But I'd go back and ride that roller coaster
It was fun when we were young and now we're older
Those days that are the worst, they seem to glow now
But I'd go back and ride that roller coaster with you

Woo ooh ooh, woo ooh
Woo ooh ooh (oh, oh)
But I'd come back and ride that roller coaster

Faith led me to the clouds, reaching for theground
His life was upside down
Now everything has changed, we found better days
But I still hear the sound

I remember low lows and high highs
We threw our hands up, palms out to the skies

Those days when we were broke in California
It was fun when we were young and now we're older (oh)
Those days that are the worst, they seem to glow now (yeah)
But I'd go back and ride that roller coaster with you

Woo ooh ooh (yeah, with you)
Woo ooh (with you, with you)
Woo ooh ooh (oh, oh)

Those days that are the worst, they seem to glow now

Nights, flying downthe 10, nearly 2 AM
Happiness begins

-         Roller Coaster, Jonas Brothers

Prizi thumbnail

Res

Unresed

Finally got tym to read this 

Love love love padma and armaan! Love their conversation.. I thought maybe ridhima gonna ask armaan abt buama.. Bt here i love this more...  

I want armaan ridhima's some intense conversation yaar...  Bahut ho gaya.. I cant wait more

Edited by Prizi - 4 years ago