TDBU #3 [An AR FF] - (Track 66 to 69 - Page 82/83) - Page 22

Posted: 4 years ago

Previously On...

AmyNik reconnect. Nikki finds out that Armaan wrote her letters, but she never got them.

She works out that Sid has something to do with it and confronts him in front of Ridz & Abhi.

Track 41 - Bad Blood, Taylor Swift

Abhi left Nikki & Riddhima alone, albeit reluctantly. He understood that they needed some time to themselves to come to grips with what had just happened, alone, but that didn't mean that he didn't want to leave them. He wished his damnedest that he could have done something to help them, but sadly, when it came to Armaan, there wasn't much that he could do.

Things were good between him & Armaan now, had been since they'd met in New York, and even the last days that Armaan had spent in Sanjeevani before the shootout had them behaving cordially, if not exactly friendly with each other, but that didn't negate the fact that with Armaan, Abhi had got off on the wrong foot, and things had stayed that way for a long time. It wasn't like either of them had purposely harboured the animosity towards each other (okay, so maybe they had, but both of them were stubborn assholes and knew better now). The circumstances that surrounded them those few months hadn't helped. At all.

So, yes, Abhi was pretty clueless about all things Armaan still, but he wasn't ever clueless about how important Armaan was to both his wife and his best friend (because, of all people at Sanjeevani, Riddhima was his best friend), how important he'd always been to both of them. And, to find out that the one person they'd both trusted so much had betrayed them so badly had to hurt. It was even worse because now Armaan was thrown into the equation, and after everything that had happened in all these years, Abhi knew that Sid was not going to be able to weasel his way out of this one.

He didn't want that to happen either. Abhi had always thought of Sid as his little brother, ever since they were kids, and he was really fond of the boy, which had made him make questionable decisions in the past. He'd let a lot of things slide where Sid was concerned and he shouldn't have done that, he knew that now, but there wasn't much that he could do about the past. He could, however, do something about the current situation, and there was no way he was letting Sid go scot free for what he'd done.

Sid was sitting on the top of the stairs leading to the living room, looking dazed, when Abhi found him.

"Come with me. Now," Abhi ordered Sid, not giving him a chance to refuse.

Silently, Sid obeyed. They walked outside the house till Abhi found a quiet corner. He looked around to make sure he wouldn't have an audience before turning back to Sid.

"What the f**k, Sid!" Abhi exclaimed.

Sid didn't say anything, merely looking down at the floor, unable to meet Abhi's gaze.

"How could you? Actually, how dare you?" Abhi questioned.

"Bhai..." Sid trailed off helplessly, not knowing what to say. He knew what he'd done was wrong, but there was nothing he could do about it.

"You do know that tampering with someone's mail can send you to prison, right?" Abhi asked him.

Sid looked up, alarmed. "Really?!?!?!"

Abhi looked at him as if he'd grown a third head. "Did you or did you not live in Houston for years? How do you not know this?"

"But... but... but I... I thought that federal laws in India weren't the same as America!" Sid exclaimed.

"Well, let me enlighten you, then," Abhi replied sarcastically. "Yes, you can be sent to prison for what you did."

"OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!" Sid exclaimed. He'd made a mistake because he was jealous. He hadn't thought through. He hadn't thought about the consequences. But that was the issue, wasn't it? If he'd actually given it some thought, he'd have understood, even then, that no matter what, Riddhima would never be his. She'd been married to him for almost a year and a half and never ever tried. Okay, that wasn't true. She had tried. But, she'd realised that she couldn't do it. So, why would she one day wake up and change her mind, when she had ample opportunities in that time when they were husband and wife?

But, what would he do now? He absolutely did not want to go to jail! Yes, he'd made a mistake, but he didn't think that it was such a huge mistake that he be imprisoned for it. Armaan & Nikki Bhabhi were friends again, weren't they? That was the purpose of Armaan reaching out, right? To have his best friend back. Well, now he did. So, how did it matter if Nikki never got the letters?

He looked up to see Abhi staring at him and sighed in relief. Of course! He had Abhi. Abhi had bailed him out of countless situations in the past. He would do the same now. Right? He had to. Sid understood that Abhi was really mad this time because his wife had been hurt by Sid's pettiness, but at the end of the day, Sid was Abhi's brother and Abhi always protected him. He would do the same now, Sid knew. Abhi had always helped Sid, no matter what the situation. That wouldn't change now because of Nikki Bhabhi. No. It wouldn't.

"Bhai... you... you... uh... you won't... you won't... let... Bha... bhabhi... you won't let Bhabhi press charges, right?" He stuttered out.

Abhi looked at Sid, absolutely gobsmacked. Instead of repenting for what he'd done, Sid had been thinking of ways to get out of the whole thing! Well, he supposed he shouldn't have been surprised. This was classic Sid. He always did think of himself before anybody else, and while that wasn't a bad thing all the time (Abhi was a huge advocate of self love, after all), in this situation it definitely was.

Abhi snorted before replying, "I'm not gonna do anything, Sid. If Nikki wants to press charges, she can go right ahead. In fact, I'll find the best damn lawyer that I can to represent her."

"NO!" Sid exclaimed. "BHAI! HOW... HOW... HOW CAN YOU? I'M YOUR BROTHER!"

"Yes, Sid," Abhi replied. "You are. But she's my wife. And you've hurt her really badly. You should be thankful that I'm not beating the shit out of you right now for what you did and still talking liking a civilised person, even though I definitely think that a punch or two would do you good. Maybe that's what you need to get your head right."

"Bhai!" Sid whimpered. Sid was no idiot. He knew how hard his brother could hit, and how much it hurt. He'd seen it countless times during those boxing matches Abhi had participated in while he'd been in college.

Abhi shook his head. "I still can't believe you did something so disgusting, Sid. I mean... you've done your fair share of shit things in all these years, and I've just let it all slide. Gods know what kind of debauchery you've been upto behind my back that I have no clue of, but from what I know this takes the cake. Nikki is your family, Siddhant. She was there for you when no one else was. She has helped you through such a tough time in your life. And you repaid all her kindness with this heinousness. I mean... you know, right? You know how much Armaan means to her, we all do. And yet, when you had the chance, you had the means to reunite them, you didn't.

And... and Riddhima! I don't even wanna think about that!! Weren't you the one who'd offered to help her look for Armaan when all the time you had the one thing that would take us straight to him right under your nose!

Don't you have any shame? Hurting the two women who've done so much for you, trusted you so implicitly despite all the shit you'd pulled? Don't you respect either of them? I mean... after this... I just... I feel so disgusted, Sid. I never thought you could stoop so low. Really. That's something, isn't it? I've seen you do so many idiotic and stupid and shitty things but I never ever thought that you could do something like this.

Tell me... was the slight possibility of affection from a woman who left you even after you promised to love her forever more important to you than the happiness of your family? Your sister? Because that's what you said Nikki was, didn't you? You always said she was like an elder sister. But, when it came to giving your sister some happiness, you couldn't even find it in your heart to spare that."

Sid, unable to take the accusations that Abhi hurled at him, and not having anything to say to defend himself knowing everything Abhi was saying was right, couldn't help the tears. He just couldn't. Maybe it was the fact that he was finally coming to grips with the entire situation, realizing how much hurt he'd caused, or maybe it was Nikki's face as she told him that she wasn't his family anymore that just refused to leave the forefront of his every thought, or maybe it was how Riddhima had reacted when she found out the truth. But mostly, Sid was sure it was because his brother was so f**king mad at him. Ever since their childhood, Abhi had always, always, always covered for Sid. He'd always forgiven Sid, no matter what. But this? This was too much. Abhi's anger and his disgust at Sid wasn't something Sid could handle.

So, yes, there were a myriad of reasons as to why Sid could have been crying, but he was sure it was because his brother no longer had faith in him, and the worst part was that Sid had brought it upon himself with what he'd done. And he couldn't really do anything to make it better. He'd just have to live with it for the rest of his life.

"Bh... bh... bha... bhai!" Sid cried. "I..."

"Don't," Abhi cut him off. "Don't say anything, Sid. Because at the moment, I can't think of anything you'll say that could make this whole thing better. Truth is, there's nothing that can. So, just shut your f**king mouth, for once in your life, and bear the consequences of your actions like an adult."

And saying so, Abhi turned and walked away from Sid, leaving him sobbing, no matter how much it hurt him to do so. Because for somethings, there was just no forgiveness.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

"This is all my fault!" Riddhima cried. She was in Nikki's embrace, sitting on the terrace. Neither of them had stopped crying. It could have been minutes or hours or days and they wouldn't have noticed. Everything else seemed to fade away. The wedding prep, the gang, the happiness, leaving only the stench of darkness and betrayal, and a whole lot of guilt.

"It's not," Nikki replied. "It's Sid's fault. No one else's."

Nikki herself was still completely flabbergasted at the fact that Sid could have done something like this. How could he lie to her face for so many years? How could he see her miss Armaan, so much, day in day out, and just not say anything? There had been so many occasions when Sid had been the one to hug her and assure her that everything would be okay when she missed Armaan too much. And he'd known just how to make her feel better, but hadn't done it. How could he be so cruel?

Remembering all those times she'd inadvertently tried to replace Armaan with Sid made her cry harder. She'd thought of Sid as a stand in for Armaan, had loved him like she loved Armaan, had cared for him, had supported him and had done everything she could for him. Yet, Sid couldn't find it in himself to grant Nikki the same courtesy. To be compassionate enough to give her the one thing that she had been craving for for so long.

She didn't think that she would ever be able to forgive Sid for this. He hadn't just wronged her, Armaan was involved too. It wasn't Armaan's fault that Riddhima hadn't been able to move on from him, and yet, it was him who had suffered because of it. She couldn't even begin to fathom how Armaan must have felt when letter after letter went unanswered. A part of her did want to be mad at him because he never tried other ways to get in touch with her, he never even thought of mailing a letter to the hospital instead of the house, but at least he had tried. And she hadn't, no matter how much she wanted to. She had written all those emails, but she had never sent out any of them. Plus, she could understand why Armaan did not want to send a letter to the hospital. There was too much at stake. She didn't think Armaan wanted everyone, especially Riddhima, involved in all this and given the Nosy Parkers their workplace was full of, there was no way that people would not have gotten wind of a letter that had arrived for Nikita, from Armaan.

It kinda had been both their faults, hers and Armaan's, for not doing more to reach out, but that did not discount what Sid had done. Not at all. But, Sid was not deserving of her tears, she decided. Not after he'd broken her heart so cruelly. She would not cry because of what Sid did. She had Armaan now. That was all that mattered anyway. That, and the fact that Sid was a backstabber and she would not forgive him.

"What are we going to do now?" Riddhima asked, pulling Nikki out of her thoughts.

"Well, first," Nikki began, "we are going to stop crying, because you look hideous with all that mascara on your face, and I am sure that I do, too," she said, trying to diffuse the tension.

"Nikki!" Riddhima rebuffed, swatting her shoulder. But, Nikki saw her struggle not to smile and patted herself on the back for a job well done.

"What? We do look hideous!" Nikki reiterated.

"That's not what I'm talking about and you know it," Riddhima replied.

Nikki sighed. "I know. I don't really know what to do myself. I can't believe Sid kept such a huge thing from us, from me, for so long. But, we can't change the past, can we? So, what is there to do?"

Riddhima nodded in agreement. Much as she wished, she could not change the past. If she could have, she would have gone back in time and made sure that she never got married to Sid in the first place.

"But," Nikki continued, "I'm not going to waste my breath on Sid anymore. He did what he did. I can't change it, I definitely cannot forgive it, and I'll die before I forget it. But, there's no use dwelling on it, so I won't. Armaan is my back in my life and he knows that I didn't ignore him all these years. That's what is important to me right now. Not Sid."

"You're right," Riddhima said. "You do have Armaan back. That's great!"

Nikki smiled sadly at the wistfulness in Riddhima's tone. "You could have him back too, you know? You just have to tell him the truth."

Riddhima looked at Nikki, absolutely alarmed, before shaking her head frantically. "I am not going to do that, Nik. No way!" Riddhima declared forcefully.

Taken aback by her tone, Nikki raised her arms in surrender. "Jeez! Calm down. It was just a suggestion."

"Well, don't make such suggestions," Riddhima said obstinately.

"Riddhima, come on!" Nikki yelled, exasperated. "I don't understand you at all! Why do you not want to tell him?"

Riddhima looked intently at Nikki before asking, "Are you going to tell Armaan about what Sid did?"

"What?" Nikki questioned, surprised at her inquiry.

"Will you tell Armaan about Sid?" Riddhima repeated.

"What has that got to do with anything?" Nikki asked, confused.

"Just answer my question, Nikki," Riddhima ordered.

Nikki shrugged. "I don't know. It kinda feels almost sadistic to tell him. I mean... What will I gain by telling him? Ulta, his relationship with Sid will suffer because of it. So... I don't know. I don't want to hurt him. But then, at the same time, I don't want to keep something so big from him either. He deserves to know."

Riddhima nodded. "Agreed. He deserves to know, but knowing will hurt him, like you said. Similarly, him knowing about me and Sid will hurt him, too, and I don't want that."

"I don't know what to think! Nikki shouted. "This is all so overwhelming. Finding out that Armaan tried to get in touch with me, that he wanted me, and then realizing that he couldn't because of Sid. I need to process. I don't know... I... I want to tell Armaan, but I also kinda, maybe, possibly don't."

"Hey, hey, hey!" Riddhima replied, hugging Nikki. "It's okay. It's fine. This is a lot to process. Take your time, okay. Think it through. And then decide if you want to tell him."

"But... but... but... you, and... and... Armaan, and you... and Sid... I..." Nikki fumbled.

"Hey!" Riddhima pulled back. She held Nikki's shoulders and looked her straight in the eye. "This is about you and Armaan. Just you and him. No one else. Not me, and definitely not Sid. Okay? Whatever happened between... Armaan & I and then Sid & I... that's not your concern. That's my issue. And you do not have to take into consideration what will happen with us. I know that... I know what I said, okay? I don't want to tell Armaan... but my decision shouldn't interfere with yours, okay? I didn't consult you, I didn't think about you, when I decided to hide this from Armaan. So, you don't you dare do for me, what I didn't do for you. Okay?"

Nikki looked skeptical, not knowing what to say. "I..."

"Am I clear, Nikki?" Riddhima pressed.

Sighing, Nikki nodded. "Yes, Riddhima. Very clear."

"That's my girl," Riddhima crowed, pulling Nikki for another hug.

xxx

So, there. Thank you for being so patient for this one. I hate that there is no Armaan in this, but this was an important chapter in the story.

I played around the idea of Nikki telling Armaan everything immediately but then decided that it would be OOC for her to do without thinking it through because it would affect Armaan & Sid's friendship and also because telling Armaan might mean that the annulment issue would be brought to light. I am still a little dicey about this whole thing, so let me know what you guys want. Should Nikki tell Armaan or not?

Also, I just wanna say this here, once. THERE WILL BE NO SCHEDULE FOR UPDATES IN THE NEAR FUTURE. I have lots of stuff to deal with wrt to exams and college and stuff and I don't get much time to write. So, the process is really slow though I have concrete ideas for what I want in the coming chapters in ILYLTF & the next few chapters planned for TDBU, too, depending on whether or not Nik comes clean. So, yeah, I don't know when I will update next. It could be a "few days" or longer. Bear with me, please. I am sorry that I have to leave you guys hanging so many times but I don't really have a choice in this. I hope you understand. Thank you for sticking by me and my stories these past few years even though it hasn't always been easy. I appreciate all of you so much. Thank you. ❤️ 

'Cause baby now we got bad blood
You know it used to be mad love
So take a look at what you've done
'Cause baby now we got bad blood

Hey! I can't take it back, look where I'm at
We was OG like D.O.C., remember that?
My TLC was quite OD, ID my facts
Now POV of you and me, similar Iraq
I don't hate you, but I hate to critique, overrate you
These beats of a dark heart, use basslines to replace you
Take time and erase you, love don't hear no more
No, I don't fear no more
Better yet, respect ain't quite sincere no more

Oh, it's so sad to
Think about the good times
You and I

Cause, baby, now we've got bad blood
So take a look what you've done
Cause, baby, now we've got bad blood, hey!
Now we've got problems
And I don't think we can solve 'em
You made a really deep cut
And, baby, now we've got bad blood, hey!

Remember when you tried to write me off?
Remember when you thought I'd take a loss?
Don't you remember? You thought that I would need ya
Follow procedure, remember? Oh, wait, you got amnesia
It was my season for battle wounds
Battle scars, body bumped, bruised
Stabbed in the back; brimstone, fire jumping through
Still, all my life, I got money and power
And you gotta live with the bad blood now

Oh, it's so sad to
Think about the good times
You and I

Now we've got problems

Band-Aids don't fix bullet holes
You say sorry just for show
You live like that, you live with ghosts
(You forgive, you forget, but you never let it go)
Band-Aids don't fix bullet holes
You say sorry just for show
If you live like that, you live with ghosts
If you love like that, blood runs cold

Now we've got problems

Now we've got problems

-          Bad Blood, Taylor Swift

Originally posted by sunsetnvine

I would love that!! 😆
Out of rebellion maybe in other circumstances but well.. 🤣

*major eye rolling*
Originally posted by DMGThings

*major eye rolling*

Don't eye roll much, one day those eyes will disfigure. 😆
Sid is still so childish.. Ugrhhh!! He deserves 2 more slaps and ice water thrown on him to shake him up.
I liked Ridz-Nik convo. Even though not being friends with Riddhima for past years, Nikki s concern for Ridz hasn't changed. She didn't let Ridz blame herself for this disaster n I like for that.

And Armaan deserves to know the truth. But I think this relegation can wait. Nik can think it through for some time. But pehle AR saath ho jaye. May he can know this too when he gets to know the whole Sid - Ridz breakup and the reason..

And wasn't Armaan supposed to ask Anjy about the circumstances of Ridz marriage?! It seems like forever since that chapter.

P. S Take ur time for the updates. No rush. U can give sneak peaks if ur time permits. 
Originally posted by KJLuv

Sid is still so childish.. Ugrhhh!! He deserves 2 more slaps and ice water thrown on him to shake him up.
I liked Ridz-Nik convo. Even though not being friends with Riddhima for past years, Nikki s concern for Ridz hasn't changed. She didn't let Ridz blame herself for this disaster n I like for that.

And Armaan deserves to know the truth. But I think this relegation can wait. Nik can think it through for some time. But pehle AR saath ho jaye. May he can know this too when he gets to know the whole Sid - Ridz breakup and the reason..

And wasn't Armaan supposed to ask Anjy about the circumstances of Ridz marriage?! It seems like forever since that chapter.

P. S Take ur time for the updates. No rush. U can give sneak peaks if ur time permits. 

Sid is annoying na. I know.

Yeah. Ridz & Nik haven't been friends, but both of them still care about each other. That is why Nikki wants to think about telling Armaan & Ridz wants her to not factor her situation into this decision because she doesn't want Nikki to hold back because of her. 

I am also thinking that maybe they can tell Armaan later, but then he would already be so mad about everything Sid did to Riddhima that this revelation will fade in the background, so I don't want it to happen exactly then.

Armaan was supposed to ask Anjy about the marriage and in fact I have that chapter already written also, but I am waiting for the best time to post it. I've thought about it some and it's gonna blow when that finally happens. It is gonna be so lit, so you gotta wait a little. Not too long though. 

Thank you so much for being so patient with me. :D
Originally posted by DMGThings

Sid is annoying na. I know.

Yeah. Ridz & Nik haven't been friends, but both of them still care about each other. That is why Nikki wants to think about telling Armaan & Ridz wants her to not factor her situation into this decision because she doesn't want Nikki to hold back because of her. 

I am also thinking that maybe they can tell Armaan later, but then he would already be so mad about everything Sid did to Riddhima that this revelation will fade in the background, so I don't want it to happen exactly then.

Armaan was supposed to ask Anjy about the marriage and in fact I have that chapter already written also, but I am waiting for the best time to post it. I've thought about it some and it's gonna blow when that finally happens. It is gonna be so lit, so you gotta wait a little. Not too long though. 

Thank you so much for being so patient with me. :D
Yeah that's true. But maybe this could lead to Armaan finding out about their annulment.  So Nikki telling Armaan that Sid intercepted the letters,  he might start thinking more about Sid n Ridzi relationship. Just a thought. U know better how to shape the story 😉

Y girls always deny to inform armaan about anything that he should know to get the pain out of his system.  These girls are totally silly of all. Cant think of what they shpuld do and what not.  I hate them.  
Originally posted by KJLuv

Yeah that's true. But maybe this could lead to Armaan finding out about their annulment. So Nikki telling Armaan that Sid intercepted the letters, he might start thinking more about Sid n Ridzi relationship. Just a thought. U know better how to shape the story😉

That is kind of along the lines of what I've been thinking.
Originally posted by ..Phoenix..

Y girls always deny to inform armaan about anything that he should know to get the pain out of his system. These girls are totally silly of all. Cant think of what they shpuld do and what not. I hate them.

Woah, dude. Strong sentiments. Relax. Nikki is still thinking about it. As am I. We don't know fosho if she will tell A immediately. She will though. I'm just debating the timing. Thodi thand rakh.