Porus

Interesting read on the Battle of the Hydaspes

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Here's an interesting read on the Battle of the Hydaspes:
https://makedonia-alexandros.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-battle-of-hydaspes-and-genius-of.html

The site also contains a lot of blogs and interesting posts about Alexander's life and people's opinions of his conquests. .

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vaishnavi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It was awesome! Thanks for sharing! I doubt we'll get to see any of these strategies. Rakhi to seal victory here.  😆 Edited by Vaishnavi_ - 5 years ago
Vicariously thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Vaishnavi_

It was awesome! Thanks for sharing! I doubt we'll get to see any of these strategies. Rakhi to seal victory here.
😆

A whole waste ! If there is one historical figure on whom colossal expenditures and extravagant set ups are fully justified to outlay his epic odyssey, that's Alexander the Great but since they brought him in, in order to portray him only as none less than a sidekick to overglorify their lead hero, in this show 😆Edited by Vicariously - 5 years ago
Vaishnavi_ thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This extract falls in line completely with the words which Porus used for himself in his address to Alexander before the battle. He had said that he is the King of Gods and that he was the most powerful but he didn't set out to conquer those lands which Alexander did as he didn't consider them worthy enough  of the toil.. he had said, ' We desire to have what is better'...

According to some source, Porus seems to have answered that he considered that there was nobody as strong as him "though I knew my own power, I had not yet tested yours.

In SidT's masterpiece, Alexander has been won over by compassion or 'Insaniyat'!

When asked how he should be treated, Porus responded with the known phrase "as a king. He evidently won Alexander over not by compassion but by respect. 

Edited by Vaishnavi_ - 5 years ago