Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
I saw one post in IF trying to explain Nandini's character .Well PTSD is very wide and senstive subject to touch.I saw Abhinav shukla  liked fan comment where he mentioned that nandini is victim of abuse ,PTSD .As actors knows about script more than us .So i hv question my are writers going to touch subject of PTSD .I myself is in medical field and hv seen many patients of PTSD but never dealt with them because my specilization is different.
Did writer wrote nandini character keeping PTSD in mind and is she going to show more about PTSD.if it's so that it will be intersting to watch.
PS I m not nandini supporter infact for now i hate nandini or blind drashti fan .I m just curious that are writers going to explore another important issue like PTSD .So plz kindly no bashing or  name calling.
Edited by TheMockingBird - 5 years ago
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Till now,  they haven't explored it at all. It's doubtful if they will explore it now. 
ssm97 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I don't think so... And I guess Abhinav has just liked that post.
Writers failed to handle Ema...ptsd is way far for them. Better they don't touch such topics

But I feel there is more to Nandini's character than what we are seeing. Perhaps she was negative from the beginning in the disguise of bff or something else...
Edited by mas123 - 5 years ago
Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

if that was the case the writers should have shown Nandini as such.. instead of repetitive crying scenes which made lot many people simply indifferent or plain annoyed now.
she was traumatized in one scene in the very next she is coy and flirty with her best friend's husband in that very friend's home.
abused in one sequence; having dates in next.
she came across as either bipolar or plain selfish. not as a trauma victim.
poor writing or execution.

turning the character into a victim at this juncture is completely pointless since the damage done to the character is so extensive that there is simply now way out. she will be despised regardless.
as the saying goes.. not only the horse has bolted... the barn is burnt too.

do they have two sets of writers and cvs or something?
coz last two episodes and the depth and range (and dialogues and emotions) given to Mauli were on whole new level.
how can the same writer and cvs fail so badly unfolding Nandini on screen?

Originally posted by: mas123

I don't think so... And I guess Abhinav has just liked that post.

Writers failed to handle Ema...ptsd is way far for them. Better they don't touch such topics

But I feel there is more to Nandini's character than what we are seeing. Perhaps she was negative from the beginning in the disguise of bff or something else...

Nope Abhinav liked some fan comment
Here is what fan wrote
If two adults are in relationship,they know the consequences and they will face it.But there is nothing worse than domestic abuse.Nandini is victim of abuse,trauma,PTSD,violence from her husband,hence she has to rely on someone in beginning.Kunal had perfect relationship and mauli was very independent,so he never had to protect mauli.Therefore when he met nandini he fell in love with her while saving her multiple times.It is just law of nature.Rajdeep is another story,he is depiction of insecure men who abuses and is prevalent in our country because nobody reports it.And no body deserve domestic abuse.
Edited by TheMockingBird - 5 years ago
Rosh4rose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Post traumatic stress syndrome
Can be ...few traits of it
Many domestic violence victims go through it
Nandini was not fully recovered from the domestic abuse
All she was doing for yrs was "cooking , dressing up herself and getting abused by husband"
Her thought process wouldn't be clear .

But I personally know one lady she is a friend
People really didn't know things were very bad .
When she came out of that relationship ,
She just drpped the idea of a man in her life
She is just sick of marriage and relationships
CVs are faulted there ...

Kunal being a doctor is another flow
Many men out there prey on single vulnerable ladies
Even though peadiatrician won't be an expert in psychiatry
He must know PTSD & victims mental status
In that case ...Kunal is ...,

PTSD ...victims once out of the abusive relationship
They dread those things reminds them of it
Over here N was still decorating herself and being very much in to Kunal
She was indeed enjoying his advances
So She can't really be one [BR seeing this serial many are already doubting whether to trust a friend or not
I hope people wont distance themselves from real victims tooEdited by Rosh4rose - 5 years ago
Originally posted by: Banjaaran25

if that was the case the writers should have shown Nandini as such.. instead of repetitive crying scenes which made lot many people simply indifferent or plain annoyed now.
she was traumatized in one scene in the very next she is coy and flirty with her best friend's husband in that very friend's home.
abused in one sequence; having dates in next.
she came across as either bipolar or plain selfish. not as a trauma victim.
poor writing or execution.

turning the character into a victim at this juncture is completely pointless since the damage done to the character is so extensive that there is simply now way out. she will be despised regardless.
as the saying goes.. not only the horse has bolted... the barn is burnt too.

do they have two sets of writers and cvs or something?
coz last two episodes and the depth and range (and dialogues and emotions) given to Mauli were on whole new level.
how can the same writer and cvs fail so badly unfolding Nandini on screen?

Agree poor writing and execution.She would hv despised even if she was shown with PTSD becoz our audience are not mature enough to understand PTSD .They only like either pure white or pure black.
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: TheMockingBird

Nope Abhinav hv replied to some fan 

Here is what is wrote
If two adults are in relationship,they know the consequences and they will face it.But there is nothing worse than domestic abuse.Nandini is victim of abuse,trauma,PTSD,violence from her husband,hence she has to rely on someone in beginning.Kunal had perfect relationship and mauli was very independent,so he never had to protect mauli.Therefore when he met nandini he fell in love with her while saving her multiple times.It is just law of nature.Rajdeep is another story,he is depiction of insecure men who abuses and is prevalent in our country because nobody reports it.And no body deserve domestic abuse.

Doesn't make sense. There are so many male activists working for abused women, they don't fall in love with woman while saving them. That's not any law of nature. So many psychiatrists and peope who deal with troubled people. They don't fall for anyone just like that while saving them since there is symathy and kindness not any sort of romantic feelings. 

For a woman who has been abused by a man for years, a man is a last thing any abused woman wants. Most woman are simply too afraid and scared of any new relationship for a really long time. They may adore kindness and gain confidence but just don't get into any relationship so fast or agree to have sex since sexual abuse is traumatic. 

PTSD is such a loosely used word here when in reality it's effects are huge. Makers had a chance to show PTSD earlier and now they have crossed that stage long back and there is no going back from here. 

As for the suppprt, she was getting all support that was necessary at that stage. When your belief in marriage has been so shake , how can a victim get over it so fast. 

It's all superficial and so is Abhinav's statement. Reality is very different.
Originally posted by: arshi_asya

Till now,  they haven't explored it at all. It's doubtful if they will explore it now. 

Hmm PTSD is senstive subject and needs maturity to handle it which i find lacking in Silsila team.Off topic you are my favorite person on forum becoz you are senstive and sensible.
Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: TheMockingBird

Nope Abhinav hv replied to some fan 

Here is what is wrote

sorry for cutting in😳.. if this is the reason Kunal fell in love with Nandini how is he different from Rajdeep barring the vileness and abuse part?
he too is an insecure man who needed a weak dependent girl to make him feel like her savior and a man.
True men; truly secure strong men will be on equal footing with a strong wonderful woman such as Mauli and stand with her and by her without feeling the need of wanting to be a man. He knows her worth and his own worth.

and yes.. domestic abuse and what Nandini went through courtesy Rajdeep is worse. worst actually.
but what Mauli going through thanks to both Kunal and Nandini is abuse of her trust; her confidence; her worth; her feelings; her entire being.
should Nandini and Kunal be getting free passes coz of N's abuse and K's 'law of nature' for her?
nothing justifies abuse. agreed.
nothing can justify K and N's deeds too.

so yeah. i guess i am disagreeing with the fan. strongly!😊