Of Dreams & Delusions - A Silsila OS

Posted: 5 years ago

His eyes were wet with unshed tears. Bitter thoughts assaulted him. Memories, those treacherous traitors which creeped up to you catching you unawares when you were at your most vulnerable.

He remembered that disastrous Ganesh Visarjan running behind Mauli shaking off Nandini's hand. Oh how he regretted his actions of that day. His current situation was a culmination of all his bad decisions of the past. One monumental mistake after another. The day he ran after Mauli & gained everything he wanted & lost everything he needed. How he would lament his choices & moments of indecision which ailed him during those tumultuous days of his life. Some lines once crossed, there was no looking back or returning to safety. The die was cast, the story written in the sands of time.

The hotel brought a sense of dj vu. Its here that he had come face to face with her, the scenes replaying repeatedly in his head. That meeting changed his life & completely turned it topsy turvy.

He was still standing outside the conference room his eyes & fingers lovingly tracing that name on the poster over & over. Just the name was like food to a starving man, oxygen to a drowning person. He heard that voice. Oh, how he loved that voice. There was a time when he would spent lazy hours relaxing at home listening to that voice, that baritone. It still did funny things to him evoked long dormant feelings of love & passion. She loved him. He knew that but did not cherish that love.

He peeked inside & saw her on the dais as usual full of poise, confidence, elegance & wait was that happiness & contentment that he detected. He felt a strange sense of disquiet. Last time he saw her she looked lost, defeated, broken & in pain. Now there was an aura of calm & peace around her. What had changed since then. As if in answer a man moved towards her & hugged her. She hugged back & her eyes had that spark of joy & mischief. Her face had a radiance & glow which spoke of love. He felt a pang of envy stab his heart. She had moved on. She had faced a betrayal of epic proportions. Where once she had soared free in the skies, she had fallen to earth, wings torn, dreams shattered, heart broken into million pieces. But like a Phoenix she had emerged from the ashes, armed with the will to fight her battles single-handedly. She had sprouted new wings & was once again preparing to soar majestically conquering her pain & the hurdles along her path. He tasted bitterness in his mouth. Why did he not possess that strength, that steely resolve. She was thanking the man beside her & when her speech ended she was welcomed with a standing ovation. He forgot his petty insecurity & cheered for her. She deserved every single applause. She was precious, to be cherished & loved.

Dr Kunal, the voice startled him out of his reverie & he was suddenly the center of focus, all eyes on him. He squirmed under the scrutiny & did not dare look at her. But his traitorous heart betrayed him & his eyes sought her under its own volition. She was looking at him steadfastly & he averted his glance unable to look straight into those eyes. Why had he lingered instead of beating a stealthy retreat when he had the chance. She murmured something to the guy near her & then walked towards him. His breath left him. He had not expected this. He had expected disdain, scorn, anger, fury, hatred but not a public confrontation. But then she always tackled a problem head on. When she was within touching distance she raised her hand & he flinched. But the slap he was dreading never came. His eyes jerked below & saw her outstretched hand. He recovered & clasped it lightly but his reaction had not gone unnoticed. Her face showed surprise while her companion's showed disgust. And Kunal knew that he knew. Meanwhile she had let go his hands.

How are you Kunal & how is your clinic.

He was finding it difficult to even string together words so he just nodded his head managing a weak "FINE. Her eyes softened.

I read the article on the slum kids. I am proud of you Kunal.

He was stunned & gaped at her.

After all that he did to her, she was actually proud of him when everyday he looked at himself in the mirror all he felt was disgust & revulsion. She seemed to understand his inner turmoil but then she could always read him well, always attuned to his thoughts.

Kunal, our past has got nothing to do with your present. Your work with those underprivileged children is laudable. This was something you always wanted to do & I am happy that you are finally doing what you always wanted to do. Make lives of others better.

Mauli... His voice broke.

Her friend stiffened visibly as if it was sacrilege to hear him utter her name. His heart agreed. He had no rights to take her name. He looked at her friend & murmured Sorry. Mauli sighed & tucked her hand into his. The sight of their entwined hands were like sharp shards shredding his heart. You deserve it, You deserve it his inner voice berated him.

Kunal this is my husband Arnav Singh Raizada. He is a Cardiologist. I now live in Delhi. How are you & ... She paused & for the 1st time he noticed pain flit across her face. It was like a punch to his guts. As if on cue he heard a voice

Kunal...

They all turned. The owner of the voice walked towards them & as she neared her face turned pale. She halted abruptly & her face slowly turned into a scowl.

Arnav watched fascinated. The woman was beautiful but strangely her beauty fell flat on her. He supposed her features were flawless taking on an ethereal quality but somehow he could not call her beautiful. Probably because that flawless face was marred by tinges of hatred & something else. He could not exactly name it.

She grabbed that moron's hand & Arnav felt the action more like a predator laying claim on its prey than a lover holding her partner. Something was off here. There was an ominous undercurrent of tension & resentment & Arnav felt that it was due to this woman's arrival. Of course he knew who they were. How could he forget them. When he had met his soul mate Mauli she was a broken woman reeling under betrayal, pain & anger. It had taken ages for him to penetrate the walls around her heart but he had been patient even when she had been at her lowest & most bitter self. Because his Mauli was worth every tear, every pain, every battle. He would lay down his life willingly for her. Hell the only reason why he had not yet battered the low life before him was because of her restraining hand.

Meanwhile the woman gave her partner a piercing look & then turned her hateful glance towards Mauli.

Well, well Mauli, as usual desperate to snatch what rightfully belongs to me? Up to your usual tricks?

Nandini... The voice was a plea as well as a warning.

Something snapped in the woman at that.

Wow, I leave you alone for a few minutes & you go running to her as usual.

She turned back towards Mauli.

When will you stop coveting him & fighting for him. When will you stop feeling insecure & jealous of me?

Arnav was ready to erupt when again that hand held him back. He was furious. If it had not been for the values pounded into him by Nani & Di he would have slapped this vicious being gender notwithstanding.

Mauli laughed lightly.

When will you ever learn? People are living creatures of blood, skin, bones. They have feelings, emotions, dreams, desires. People are not objects to be owned & possessed. They are to be loved, respected & cherished. Things which are of course beyond your understanding. There was a time when I hated you. But all I feel now is pity & indifference.

She looked at Kunal.

All the best for your new clinic Kunal, Take care.

She literally dragged Arnav away. Once they were a far distance away Arnav exploded.

WT*. Mauli are you out of your F* mind. How the hell can you let that creature talk to you like that & what's with all this friendly attitude towards that cheat?

Mauli cupped his cheeks.

Uff my dear Angry Young man, you need to watch that blood pressure. Why should I waste my emotions on those two & yes even hatred is an emotion & hating them means I still care, I am still hurting. But I am now happy. I have you, Nani, Di, & Aakash. Yes there was a time when I was angry & wanted to hurt them back for what they did to me. But seeing them today made me realize that I need not punish them. Did you see them. They do not love each other. All I could see was bitterness, resentment and...

Defeat... Arnav completed. Mauli was stunned. She knew that Arnav was intelligent & perceptive. But this was amazing even by his standards. As if sensing her surprise Arnav finally smiled.

Yes, I felt it as well. Initially I wanted to pound him into the ground & stamp on the remains the worm that he is. But after meeting her I was no longer angry. I realized that he was already serving his punishment shackled to her for life. The emotion on both their faces was that of defeat!

Karma handed over by God? Mauli winked at Arnav.

Arnav rolled his eyes. Sheesh Nani, Di & now you with your lectures on God. When will you guys stop believing in this non existent entity.

Mauli held his hands & looked at him.

I found you. What other proof that I need that God exists & has helped me find happiness.

Unable to find a counter argument to that loving statement Arnav simply surrendered & hugged her tightly. Well if there was indeed a God then yeah that dude definitely deserves credit for bringing Mauli in his life. He would never let her down, will always love her till his last breath. She was worth it. His precious Mauli, his partner, his friend, his lover, his wife, his soul mate.

Mauli soaked in the warmth of his embrace. She had been wandering aimlessly having lost faith in people, her trust & heart brutally shattered. But she had found Arnav. She finally felt at home in his embrace. This is where she belonged, in his arms, in his heart. She now had all that she ever wanted in life. She couldn't wait to watch his expressions when she told him about her pregnancy. She snuggled closer. This must be how heaven must feel like...

Wow, this was amazing loved it so much.
And mauli needs an Arnav Singh Raizada only.
Two strong-headed personalities making a beautiful bond.
Loved it so much.
This is brilliant angels!!!
Very well written...
But be prepared khushi supari degi tumhaari...😆😆
Wow Mauli Ko Arnav mil Gaya. Wah Wah. I love this. Par Khushi kabhi kya hua😉.
Loved this OS. Hope they have a guy like this for Mauli. Maybe just a cameo. But I so want this. 
Wow! Brilliant! I fall in love with Mauli all over again. She is just too awesom. Just like a Phoenix bird she raised from ashes. That was the apt words for her. Most loved part is mauli Nandini face off. Yes karma pays. I am glad it paid well for kundini. 
Bahut Khub👍🏼

Definitely Mauli need something better for her beside this 2 cheaters
Originally posted by sirimiri

Wow, this was amazing loved it so much.
And mauli needs an Arnav Singh Raizada only.
Two strong-headed personalities making a beautiful bond.
Loved it so much.

My fav male character & female character as a couple 😉
Originally posted by amortentia15

This is brilliant angels!!!
Very well written...
But be prepared khushi supari degi tumhaari...😆😆

Honestly I never liked KKG, now dont give ME supari 😳
Originally posted by chemgirl

Wow Mauli Ko Arnav mil Gaya. Wah Wah. I love this. Par Khushi kabhi kya hua😉.
Loved this OS. Hope they have a guy like this for Mauli. Maybe just a cameo. But I so want this. 

I am already in dreamland. ASR as grumpy doctor, Dr Dreamy 😉
Originally posted by Devtaholic

Wow! Brilliant! I fall in love with Mauli all over again. She is just too awesom. Just like a Phoenix bird she raised from ashes. That was the apt words for her. Most loved part is mauli Nandini face off. Yes karma pays. I am glad it paid well for kundini. 

To me them living together for life is their punishment. Imagine each putting up with the other 😆