Are people afraid their partner might cheat because of a show

Posted: 5 years ago
I was reading a comment saying that this show will break up relationships. If you have a partner that'll cheat because what they saw in a show then I'm sorry you picked a dumb partner or someone who was going to cheat anyway so don't blame the actor or the show.
Originally posted by Terenaina

I was reading a comment saying that this show will break up relationships. If you have a partner that'll cheat because what they saw in a show then I'm sorry you picked a dumb partner or someone who was going to cheat anyway so don't blame the actor or the show.
Yeh see mauli picked a dumb partner who would have cheated anyway
Why should my husband cheat because I watch the show?I have more chances of cheating right since I am watching the show?
I feel Kunal would have cheated anyways be it Nandini or anyone else.That is is nature.He is a weak personality. People who have tendency to cheat will do that no matter what even if they watch this serial or not.SO this serial is not the culprit.IF a man's or woman's mind is corrupted because of the serial,it is their fault not the serial's fault.
Originally posted by madlal

Why should my husband cheat because I watch the show?I have more chances of cheating right since I am watching the show?
I feel Kunal would have cheated anyways be it Nandini or anyone else.That is is nature.He is a weak personality. People who have tendency to cheat will do that no matter what even if they watch this serial or not.SO this serial is not the culprit.IF a man's or woman's mind is corrupted because of the serial,it is their fault not the serial's fault.

Message from the show.
Type 1 people- Be loyal to your partner.
Type 2 people- Okay we can cheat if we like someone.
Everyone watching the same show.
Which ever message you pick is already deep inside you.
Maybe afraid their partners may cheat and then justify it by saying it was meant to happen by some divine force 
Originally posted by chirpyhapibird

Message from the show.
Type 1 people- Be loyal to your partner.
Type 2 people- Okay we can cheat if we like someone.
Everyone watching the same show.
Which ever message you pick is already deep inside you.
Well said
Honestly! I was thinking the same thing. People are outraged because they think the show is glorifying extra marital affairs and making it look okay... and I get that. But it's so silly to think that by watching the show that your partner will get the wrong message and think it's okay to do what they're doing. In the rare case that it does happen, it's because you picked a shitty partner, not because of some show.
Do we apply or get influenced with every thing we saw on TV? certainly not
and at least I don't ..😳  
more over there is lot more shows and even movies too on this concept and more or less they have shown what can be done in this kind of situation in  their own way ..and here story is still left so I am  just waiting and watching.

Were people going to get their daughters get married to an 11 years old because of a show called "Pehredaar Piya ki". NO. But still it was openly criticized by prominent TV actors for that storyline & even Smriti Irani jumped in to shut down that show. (I didn't like it anyway)
The argument there was that the show was giving wrong message, promoting stupidity. Then why not apply the same arguments here as well. Just because people aren't learning anything from this show doesn't mean it can't be criticized for the Heavenly intervention in EMAs. Affairs are not God's  interventions, they are scandals as stated everywhere, even in Hollywood. Shouldn't that be pointed out?

So, what't the point of this argument? 
Originally posted by arshi_asya

Were people going to get their daughters get married to an 11 years old because of a show called "Pehredaar Piya ki". NO. But still it was openly criticized by prominent TV actors for that storyline & even Smriti Irani jumped in to shut down that show. (I didn't like it anyway)
The argument there was that the show was giving wrong message, promoting stupidity. Then why not apply the same arguments here as well. Just because people aren't learning anything from this show doesn't mean it can't be criticized for the Heavenly intervention in EMAs. Affairs are not God's  interventions, they are scandals as stated everywhere, even in Hollywood. Shouldn't that be pointed out?

So, what't the point of this argument? 

Perfect!!

If one says it's glorifying bad and giving a stupid message, it doesn't mean he/she is going to follow it's footsteps and cheat their partners.

You preach or give an immoral message, you get slammed for that. As simple as that.