Posted: 5 years ago
  A common statement that I hear is that Silsila is realistic and not glorifying EMAs, so we shouldn't be criticising it and watching it with an open mind. In fact, I found out yesterday that even the writer thinks the show is realistic. So I wanted to point out all the "realistic" instances so we can discuss and conclude how "realistic" it is 😆:

1) A man suddenly falling for his wife's best friend after a rain dance, without even spending much time together with her to fully understand her.

2) A man who was in love with his wife suddenly falls in love with his wife's friend the next day. No realisation about falling out of love with his wife. Just a sudden transfer of love from his wife to her best friend.

3) Pursuing that aforementioned friend with no guilt and using religion to justify his feelings. No conflict, no guilt, in fact no thoughts even about his wife. Even after having sex, he happily romances his mistress in front of his wife.

4) A woman, who is a victim of marital abuse and rape, (her circumstances are risk factors for depression and PTSD) exhibits short bouts of sadness and no clinical symptoms of PTSD and depression. In fact, now days when I look at her, can't even tell she was a victim who underwent trauma recently because she is happily pursuing her best friends' husband. The underlying conflicts and doubts in that character is never seen.

5) That said woman is told by a 'babaji' that she is destined to fall in love with Kunal and she falls in love with him after that. And yes divine mantras are being played when they have sex. Definitely, religion sanctions EMAs. Maybe spouses who cheat should use that justification next time.

6) Again, that woman forgets all of what her friend did for her and happily fornicates with her husband. No guilt about even romancing her husband in front of her.

7) Again selfish and thoughtless husband and best friend can commit a sin without an inch of guilt, yet they are presented as white characters.

What do you all think? Is Silsila realistic?
Edited by LiveLifeHonest - 5 years ago
Yeah. This show is as realistic as dragon. 
As if this show is the first one to attempt EMA as the central theme. 

Atleast dragons excite me while the way this show executes,  it makes me puke and bang my head on a wall. 
Actually, I think they went wrong in justifying their EMA. EMAs aren't justified. But you have to convincingly portray it. Here there's no background. You don't need some Baba to tell you to love someone. It's wrong to fall for your best friend's husband but it can happen. If they'd focused more on how that happened, physically or emotionally or whatever. It would have been better. Love after a rain dance is shallow as hell. That's the problem. 
EMAs should have some depth. Real depth. That's lacking. 
Ya in real life people look normal I mean do we have vamps n all 
People do EMA cheat all this happens 

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be sensitive to what's happening with mouli and just dance to tunes of kunan. No its subject worth discussing. 

Discussions also become interesting when he discuss about different types of human beings their reactions trauma effects of trauma human behaviour. 

But just bashing a character and making fun is not interesting. Innitially it's satisfying since one is angry and but after a point it's nothing but negativity. 

Silsila is show which is strong subject for interesting discussions. 
Edited by tanvismile - 5 years ago
if it's realistic then also what? real me jo galat hai wo tv me aaye to galat na bole..apka points bhi valid hai.. first of all the way they are portray everything there is nothing real in it and agar real ho bhi phir bhi wrong is wrong.. use right ki tarah treat nehi kiya ja sakte..
People would have rooted for kunan more if there was an underlying issue in kunal mauli's married life
 Ex: Bad sex life, negligence ego issues etc.. and Nandini and Kunal's relationship was formed on emotional connect like Nandini going into depression and Kunal spending time with her, connecting with each other as they have similar hobbies and then backtracking because of their love for Mauli. To keep viewers engaged they took the usual route focussing on glamour and romance and downgrading the leads into 2 characterless creatures.
EMAs are real but the way this story and characters are being handled  is the most unrealistic way ever..  this is a fiction, and that too a very badly written one.. if it were a novel it wouldnt have got published. (who would write such things in first place)🥱
all the instances u have mentioned clearly indicates that its a crap and they are selling the show in the name of modern, bold and real concept..
just because extra marital affairs happen in the society and women are abused by their families , they cant sell anything in the name of reality.. 
it is not a 2.5 hour flick yeh silsila to lamba chalega.. and thats why it should be handled more maturely.. people watch it daily, get influenced.. iwe as young generation think rationally but i am sure u guys must have seen ladies and elders in home taking things seriously as if things are real.. ðŸ˜†  they dislike it, but still dont give up on watching and such things get stuck in some corner of their heart or mind.. 
its not naagin which is a complete fiction where people watch the show ONLY FOR ENTERTAINMENT.. so the approach of handling sensitive issues like sexual abuse , physical abuse, rape, women infanticide and extra marital affair really matters.. 

its not about two love birds koochi-kooing all the time.. it is way more beyond that.. so makers should really get serious about it than making it tough for actors who are portraying kunal and nandini.
seriously shakti is doing a really good job. i think he is not convinced with his role but he does not let this displeasure reflect on his face.. 

Silsila is different, in the sense that it has a risque story line, and there are no other shows currently on Hindi TV that is based on the same subject.  But it is as unrealistic as the other shows on TV. Nothing special. It started off as a little different from the "dhoom tana" brand of shows but mahasangam is messing it up. 
I don;t agree with Kunal not telling Mouli. I believe if he feels strongly enough for Nandini, he should be transparent. 

However, this is a show. 
That is it. People are getting offended over the content without realising that its only a show which is portraying a situation. 

I dont think Kunal and Nandini are shown to white characters or shown to be perfect. Because in todays episode other lead females like Zoya and Chakur were not in praise of what they saw. 
You can fall out of love quickly. I know a couple who was madly in love, they were married for more then 15 years, had kids and now the husband fallen in love with a woman he met for few days and got married to that woman