Suggestions / Comments

FEEDBACK NEEDED: On a new feature we currently working on - Page 2

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi All,

As we are revamping the site we are looking at ways how we can improve the Forums which is central to our site. And currently we have a forum for each tv show and that is the main way we are organising forum topics which is kinda limiting.

To solve this problem we are working on a new idea on how we organise forum topics. We are going to start allowing the Topics to be tagged with Celebrities / Shows / Movies / Channels. What this means is that when you start a new topic you are given a choice to tag the entities you are writing about and it starts appearing on their Discussion Pages.
So for example:

In a way we can write a comparison on 3 shows and it will start appearing on all the 3 shows.

And when we add these entities to our favourites it will show us all the topics based on our interests on a single page and as a user one would not have to go through each forum individually. So if I am fan of a celebrity which makes it easier to discover any topic created on them on any forum.

I feel this will makes browsing topics much easier and fun. What do you think about this and if there is something that I missed considering.

Regards,

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Oh yeah. Do this for sure. Sounds fun absolutely. I can only imagine the kinda Dhamaka will happen in comparison posts after thisπŸ˜†
Bring it on.
vijay thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hotchic2

Oh yeah. Do this for sure. Sounds fun absolutely. I can only imagine the kinda Dhamaka will happen in comparison posts after thisπŸ˜†

Bring it on.

That was just an example πŸ˜ƒ Not trying to rake a fan war πŸ˜³.

Here's another example:

If I like the pairing of a certain actors and I tag both of them in my topic it will be easier for the fans of these 2 actors to find my topic. I hope that's a safe example.

However this idea will definitely make discoverability of relevant topics easier.

Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: vijay

Please create a separate topic on that in the Suggestions / Comments and we will try to address it there.

Regards,

Sir ,most of the pms on this matter have gone unanswered.i have given the same response over and over again.All of my pms I have sent on the feedback have gone unanswered. πŸ˜ƒ Edited by vijay - 5 years ago
vijay thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Crazy.Beautiful

Sir ,most of the pms on this matter have gone unanswered.i have given the same response over and over again.All of my pms I have sent on the feedback have gone unanswered. πŸ˜ƒ

My apologies if it went unanswered. But please create another topic on the same and I will try to resolve them. But for now please stick to the topic.

Regards,
surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
great facilities .now my energy and my time will be very much save . otherwise earlier I have to scroll channel and then scroll show in order to go to other forum of other channel

I dislike   too much scrolling and too much clicking . so I will be save from too much scrolling and too much clicking by such facilities

this facility is most welcome
BeingFoodie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Much needed facility. I hate scrolling channels and show. Thumbs up for this. πŸ‘πŸΌ
war_is_peace thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i would suggest that you retain the existing system but add an option of hashtags or @ just ike in twitter on insta.
this way we can stay in one forum that we want to and also tag the celebs we want to. πŸ˜³

the current system is peaceful. if its seggregated on celeb base then it will get very difficult to maintain peace and also to make friends. πŸ˜³

also if suppose we divide it fandom wise then for a particular show i will have to follow forums of all the characters...thats a task! πŸ˜†

ps - the online offline switch next to the UN was really helpful...it feels strange now. can we go back to old style there? pls? πŸ˜³
BeingBlunt thumbnail
Thank you sir. I was waiting for this feature because most of the forums I visit have this feature. πŸ˜ƒ
This is actually very good for finding the content related to a particular topic even if it spams multiple forum. 

Is this feature live on new website? I am waiting to see how this works before any more feedback. πŸ˜ƒ
romaila thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
The new feature is most welcome, but I fear few might use it for wrong means as in for creating fan wars.  πŸ˜•  If can have something for avoding fans war along, bring it on! 😊

P.s: Back in 2005 we used to have chat group and game options, can we have those back please?