Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pamk06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
@mango: I agree with you if you look at it from a real world perspective, Kunal had not rejected the child, between child and Nandini, he chose the child but when it came down to choosing between Mauli and Nandini, he choose Nandini. Mauli let him go because she did not want him to be tied because of the child which was right but was keeping him away from the child right, is debatable. I live in a country where divorces are common and every other person is involved in co-parenting. The amazing part is whatever their feelings for each other and in some cases very bitter, their only lookout is the well-being of the child which could have been the case here but then where would be the drama.

As far as the child is concerned, in real cases, I have also seen children, even adopted ones, who want to find their real parents , if for nothing else then to just find out why they were abandoned. It can be as simple as just saying hello and see how they look like or as complicated as wanting to live with them forever depending on the circumstances and their upbringing. Some parents when children go on this quest think that the child is rejecting them but actually no, it's just the child's curiosity to know about this major part of his life. Children especially when they reach a certain age and compare families and realize that a significant part is missing for them which is present in their friends family will start askin questionss. Here , too I do not think that Mauli will say anything bad about Kunal to the child and she will be curious to know about him. But based on his explanation, she will decide whether she wants him in his life or no.As he never knew she existed, that would be a plus point in his favor. Here again, I do not want kunal and Mauli to unite just for the kids. If they do it, it should be because both want it else like before it would only lead to unhappiness.
ProfMcGonagall thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 2
Actually guys I have a different view on what happened. In a way Kunal didn't really choose. I watched the episodes and Kunal's first reaction was shock and disbelief when Nandini told him. He didn't believe Mauli was pregnant. Even when Nandini assured him that she had confirmed it from Mauli, his face clearly said he didn't want this to happen because somewhere he knew he would have to go back.

He didn't go back because he chose the child. He went back because Nandini told him to go back. In the park, he kept asking Nandini if this is what she wanted. He didn't want to leave. He chose Nandini. He never chose his own child.

What Mauli said was right. Even when he went back, it wasn't because of the child, but because Nandini told him. Mauli was wrong to lie to him like that, but if she hadn't I can just imagine what the child's life would be like. Mauli would be miserable, Kunal would be miserable, and at some point he would reveal that he returned only because Nandini told him to. Imagine what the child would go through then? She would have found out that she isn't wanted.

Now I'm really glad that Kunal left and went back to Nandini because it was final. Mauli already knew it, but now Radhika and Dida realized it as well. And they finally moved on.

On the leap - OMG I am already in love with Ishaan! I haven't seen Kinshuk's acting before this, but today he was a treat to watch. Now I love predicting the future story, so here's my prediction.

Mishti believes that Ishaan is her father and obviously Ishaan has feelings for Mauli. Somewhere deep down I believe Mauli has feelings for Ishaan as well. My guestimate is that Mauli will meet Kunal somewhere (maybe a mall or a hospital) and slowly Kunal will find out about Mishti. But he'll misunderstand that Mishti is Mauli and Ishaan's daughter. I don't get why Indian TV can never show some smartness in this. The girl is 5. Even if Mauli married Ishaan right after divorce, there's no way she would have had a baby and the baby would have turned 5 already.

Anyways moving on, Kunal will misunderstand. In the meantime, Ishaan will be seen trying to woo Mauli. Then Kunal will find out the truth and want Mauli back in his life just for Mishti (because he'll grow attached to the kid before knowing it is his child). Then there will be a dilemma, but I feel (or rather hope) that Mishti will decide and that she will choose her Popsie.
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ProfMcGonagall

Actually guys I have a different view on what happened. In a way Kunal didn't really choose. I watched the episodes and Kunal's first reaction was shock and disbelief when Nandini told him. He didn't believe Mauli was pregnant. Even when Nandini assured him that she had confirmed it from Mauli, his face clearly said he didn't want this to happen because somewhere he knew he would have to go back.

He didn't go back because he chose the child. He went back because Nandini told him to go back. In the park, he kept asking Nandini if this is what she wanted. He didn't want to leave. He chose Nandini. He never chose his own child.

What Mauli said was right. Even when he went back, it wasn't because of the child, but because Nandini told him. Mauli was wrong to lie to him like that, but if she hadn't I can just imagine what the child's life would be like. Mauli would be miserable, Kunal would be miserable, and at some point he would reveal that he returned only because Nandini told him to. Imagine what the child would go through then? She would have found out that she isn't wanted.

Now I'm really glad that Kunal left and went back to Nandini because it was final. Mauli already knew it, but now Radhika and Dida realized it as well. And they finally moved on.

On the leap - OMG I am already in love with Ishaan! I haven't seen Kinshuk's acting before this, but today he was a treat to watch. Now I love predicting the future story, so here's my prediction.

Mishti believes that Ishaan is her father and obviously Ishaan has feelings for Mauli. Somewhere deep down I believe Mauli has feelings for Ishaan as well. My guestimate is that Mauli will meet Kunal somewhere (maybe a mall or a hospital) and slowly Kunal will find out about Mishti. But he'll misunderstand that Mishti is Mauli and Ishaan's daughter. I don't get why Indian TV can never show some smartness in this. The girl is 5. Even if Mauli married Ishaan right after divorce, there's no way she would have had a baby and the baby would have turned 5 already.

Anyways moving on, Kunal will misunderstand. In the meantime, Ishaan will be seen trying to woo Mauli. Then Kunal will find out the truth and want Mauli back in his life just for Mishti (because he'll grow attached to the kid before knowing it is his child). Then there will be a dilemma, but I feel (or rather hope) that Mishti will decide and that she will choose her Popsie.

i agree kunal never choose the baby he went back only because nandani told him to. Also when Mauli fell his first reaction wouldnt be that -is she really pregnant? he would be really worried that if something has happened to the baby. Kunal had lost all feelings for Mauli, not even care or friendship was left and this is what Mauli saw that he is a lost case now. 

And regarding co parenting, how was he planning to co- parent? what will the child think while growing up. Why is it Maulis responsibility to bear with a husband who has cheated her and a friend who has cheated her, everyday or even occasionally. she has a right to closure and to move forward. which she cant if she keeps meeting them everyday because kunal wants to co parent. why is it only mauli's responsibility to sacrifice, while kunal gets the best of both worlds. why does he even expect that kind of forgiveness and acceptance from mauli with regard to him & nandani being together.  I actually found nandani sensible that it is not possible in this situation.  

i would have actually liked it if Mauli had sent her pregnancy reports after kunal left her and went, and then asked him to stay away from her. Also if mauli has lied about the child then it was because kunal lead her to that by doubting her. And kunal doubting mauli was not because dida lied to him. dida had lied to mauli too and kunal very well knew that mauli had no hand in it. It was because mauli in drunk state asked nandini to return kunal to him. Kunal had formed an opinion henceforth that mauli wants him back at any cost.  So in a way now Kunal has no right to be angry with Mauli for hiding /lying about pregnancy
pamk06 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ProfMcGonagall

IMO, The question was never about the child. The question was always about Mauli vs Nandini. He wanted to choose nandini and the child but Nandini wanted him to choose Mauli and the child so he went back to Mauli because Nandini was and would never be ready for that option(co-parenting). So when he found out that there was no child which he was 75% sure but when Mauli confirmed, the choice was clear for him. Mauli lied because she wanted him to choose Mauli and the child but when she realized that Kunal has chosen only the child and not her, she did not want him back. I liked all her reasons for not wanting Kunal back but not for not telling him about the child. Here she has taken the decision to not tell the father about the child so in future, there is a chance kunal will be in clear with respect to the child as he was absent because he did not know the child existed. Also, not the child but Mauli will consider that as the reason enough for him to be introduced to the child as her father and she herself will defend Kunal in front of the familyis that he had come back but because she said there is no child he went back. That is Mauli always righteous. It will also depend on how they introduced Kunal, as a negative or positive lead.

Not seen today's episode so cannot comment but for me in future if there is any relationship between them, it should be only be because he is the fathere if the child. Nothing more nothing less and definitely no romance but ITV thrives on romance so they will bring that factor in.Edited by pamk06 - 5 years ago
mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
I really started giggling when dida complained that they are not celebrating diwali.  this family's obsession with festivals even during chaos...🤣

the leap episode felt so anti-climatic? there was something missing. not sure what... but curious to see what happened to kunal and how they have wrapped up the nandini arc. after that, will probably just peek in now and then. not curious enough to stay up so late to watch. sleep is starting to win over the leap now. 😆

ProfMcGonagall thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: pamk06

IMO, The question was never about the child. The question was always about Mauli vs Nandini. He wanted to choose nandini and the child but Nandini wanted him to choose Mauli and the child so he went back to Mauli because Nandini was and would never be ready for that option(co-parenting). So when he found out that there was no child which he was 75% sure but when Mauli confirmed, the choice was clear for him. Mauli lied because she wanted him to choose Mauli and the child but when she realized that Kunal has chosen only the child and not her, she did not want him back. I liked all her reasons for not wanting Kunal back but not for not telling him about the child. Here she has taken the decision to not tell the father about the child so in future, there is a chance kunal will be in clear with respect to the child as he was absent because he did not know the child existed. Also, not the child but Mauli will consider that as the reason enough for him to be introduced to the child as her father and she herself will defend Kunal in front of the familyis that he had come back but because she said there is no child he went back. That is Mauli always righteous. It will also depend on how they introduced Kunal, as a negative or positive lead.

Not seen today's episode so cannot comment but for me in future if there is any relationship between them, it should be only be because he is the fathere if the child. Nothing more nothing less and definitely no romance but ITV thrives on romance so they will bring that factor in.

It isn't even so much that it was Mauli vs Nandini. Kunal had chosen. He wanted Nandini only. The question wasn't even about a child. He wanted a child, just not with Mauli. He only mentioned that co-parenting option because he couldn't bear the thought of leaving Nandini even for his own child. I mean if you think about it, he said that Mauli would be a good mother, but he wanted to give the child all the love and he knew Nandini would be a loving mother (or something like that). Basically he was saying that he really wanted a child with Nandini and now if he had to go back because of a child, he would rather take it away from Mauli and give it to Nandini.

I agree though that Mauli should never have lied to him. She should have told him the truth. He already suspected that she was lying, so her telling the truth wouldn't make any difference. He had made up his mind. He was going back to Nandini either before or after the child. If it was before, then he would have convinced himself and Nandini that Mauli wasn't pregnant and she was just lying about being pregnant no matter how much Mauli said she was pregnant. And if it was after, it would be after a custody battle for the child (or maybe because it's Indian TV Mauli would just tyag the baby for Kunal's happiness).

I don't think there should even be a father-daughter relationship going forward. I'm thinking fully from Mishti's perspective here. Based on the rumours, Ishaan has been in Mauli and Mishti's life for the past 3 years. That means since Mishti was about 2, she has only known Ishaan to be her father. Ishaan and Mauli have been her parents and should remain her parents for her, at least until she's old enough to understand what really happened. Right now if she is introduced to Kunal and told that Kunal is her father, her whole world could become a big confusing mess. It could even psychologically break her because as a 5-year-old, she wouldn't really understand divorce, love, and separation. It would give her anxiety attacks.

Not only that, but on Indian TV, they would make this Mishti's decision in a way. If Mauli and Kunal end up together, it would be because Mishti wanted it. How does a 5-year-old really decide this though? She's only seen Ishaan as her father. Just because she's told that Kunal is actually her father, how does she just go about accepting that and pretending Ishaan was never around? It's not easy to do so.

I'm just thinking about a movie, Kuch Naa Kaho. In that, when Adi met Raj, he developed a relationship with Raj that become father-son. So even when his real father, Sanjeev, returned, Adi couldn't accept that. It was only when Raj told him to do so, he grudgingly agreed, but even then it was obvious he would never be able to see Sanjeev as his father. And in that movie Adi was 7 or 8. Even a 7 or 8 year-old didn't understand why Raj wasn't his father. So how can we or even the CVs expect to make us believe that a 5-year-old will?
pamk06 thumbnail
@profmcgonall: I guess we will just have to wait to see how Kunal is introduced to us. Most things will be clear one we get an inkling on his relationship with his daughter and his relationship with Nandini and his current feelings for her.

@mango_pudding: Exactly, I got this whole incomplete feeling as if the story was left in the middle with no ending like the thrill of the whole roller-coaster ride just went flat. Anyways, I am just waiting to see how they end Kunal- Nandini story and see how they introduced him back to us. Edited by pamk06 - 5 years ago
SummerRain7 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Aah! Had to search for this thread and glad to have found it. Pamk03 - Thanks for the short summary you gave me. I am catching up on old episodes today. Also,  happened to catch a few scenes of the epi from day before yesterday on TV. This girl Pari resembles Nandini/Drashti a lot and I think I fell in love with her.  What an adorable girl!
Once am done watching the episodes, will catch up on the conversation here.