Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

looking at the CVs - Page 2

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
disclaimer: am not on any team - neither nandini, mouli or kunal. and neither am on on CVs! hahahaha...

so yesterday, I was watching and actually a bit confused "what are these CVs doing?" was my reaction to how they mixed mouli's remembering her wedding with the Kunal and Nandini's scenes. but then it struck me that they are using a kind of literary technique to create situation irony. I wish I could remember the term but there is a phrase to explain this kind of tonal shift that happens within the same chapter and it is done purposely to create a contrast and discussion.

another way to look at it is perhaps that nothing is guaranteed. yea, people do make vows in places of worship but then few years down the line, they are in divorce courts for all sorts of reasons. and this is another story. (not sure if that is the CVs intent but just my interpretation)

also the whole divine angle is weird unless we look at it from a shakespeare kind of view. again, am not able to get the names -- was it macbeth? hamlet? ...also, this occurs in greek classics -- so there is usually some kind of oracle, prophesy kind of thing and the characters will generally misinterpret it far wildly and what happens is a tragedy. the prophesy does come true but not exactly how you would expect at first reading. so if we see it from that angle, then nandini may have misinterpreted the baba's words -- it is not like he said kunal is the one to save her but she translated it that way.. (just think about how you can read horoscopes which just have vague words but then something happens and you can link the event to the horoscope even if the two are not actually connected)...

as for the vague characters -- here is my conclusion, this is done on purpose. the story is actually pretty simple. two friends. there is an affair. confusion and madness. now how would you drag this story out for so many episodes?

now, most dramas do it from the wife angle. basically how she finds out and rebuilds her life. instead, here, they are showing it from the other woman's angle -- so the concept seems newer. add details that usually don't occur with other woman (married, bad marriage, very traditional) -- why? because it creates conversations and generates TRPs. while there are all these posts bashing nandini, mixed in there is a lot of confusion and question -- what one earth is she doing? why is she doing this? how could she do this?

same with kunal -- in most dramas, the guy is having some midlife crisis, is super bored and not very interesting character. in the end, he crawls back to his wife or he ends up alone and miserable or something. whatever happens to him, the audience isn't that interested because the wife will end up in some guy's arms who so much better. but here, there is no knight for mouli. only kunal and we can only guess what his intentions are. now if it was just lust, again, we wouldn't be having so many conversations as well as frustrations. it would be pretty simple. he is gone mad. just take rajdeep -- are there pages and pages and pages discussing his motivations. nope. he is a psycho. end of story. we don't need to break our head to figure him out.

and mouli -- for most, she is a great character and so there isn't much discussion but actually find her confusing. does she not have any friends? why on earth does she cling to a friend so tightly? want to spend all her free time with her? again, if mouli was so simple or too good, then there would be no story. alternatively, if she was bad, then it would be just a revenge story which can be highly entertaining but not the tone of this drama in particular.

what I don't get about the CVs? their choice of music. omo, it is super awful to say the least. why can't they just use instrumental music?

so, in other words, the CVs know exactly what they are doing -- otherwise, no one is going to be watching this show. not sure about others but I am already exhausted at 10 and so even with all these confusions, am watching mostly switched off and almost asleep. if the story was straight forward, would probably fall asleep on the sofa! πŸ˜†

P.S ~ am hearing some very confusing rumours that because of big boss, timings will be switched around for bepannah. what will happen to silsila?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BayAreaGuru thumbnail
CVs exactly know what they are intending to show. I'm sure they also kept actors informed on what they plan to do otherwise we would surely have got some rumors of somebody not being happy with the storyline or their character.  πŸ€” Edited by BayAreaGuru - 5 years ago
SummerRain7 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I think there is a time crunch involved and hence all the rushing, which means they may shut shop soon. I don't know, but I feel that way now.  
The wedding rituals (with Mauli's imagination) coinciding with the sexy time was obviously deliberate. Ironical, yes, but like you said there is a literary term for it, which even I don't know. πŸ˜ƒ

I would have honestly wanted the whole scene to play out differently. But right now I am just going to shut down my analytical brain and just watch it for the heck of it. If one has to use so much of imagination to make sense of what is going on, then it gets a little tiring after some time. Now, I can only hope that Mauli's reaction to all this would be natural and relatable. 

Just to add - Apart from the irony factor, it obviously was to show that there is some divine factor that just legitimized their relationship. Hence, the wedding rituals/chanting coinciding with the 'act' and Nandini finding sindoor on her forehead at the end sort of seals it for her.  And I can't tell you how much that irks me πŸ˜†

Edited by SummerRain7 - 5 years ago
mango.falooda thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: SummerRain7

I think there is a time crunch involved and hence all the rushing, which means they may shut shop soon. I don't know, but I feel that way now.  

The wedding rituals (with Mauli's imagination) coinciding with the sexy time was obviously deliberate. Ironical, yes, but like you said there is a literary term for it, which even I don't know.πŸ˜ƒ

I would have honestly wanted the whole scene to play out differently. But right now I am just going to shut down my analytical brain and just watch it for the heck of it. If one has to use so much of imagination to make sense of what is going on, then it gets a little tiring after some time. Now, I can only hope that Mauli's reaction to all this would be natural and relatable. 

it may also be intentional -- maybe the channel is experimenting with shorter story lines and tighter scripts to keep audience attention hooked instead of sticking with dramas that goes on for years and start losing audience to other newer shows. don't know about other viewers but I generally stop watching serials after 150 episodes because they have run out of story and to drag it out, they add incredible lapses in logic and stupidity! πŸ˜†
Edited by mango_pudding1 - 5 years ago
pamk06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Initially, I too, thought that the show is shutting shop and hence the rush to close all loops but then just found out that they moved the time so they do still have time. The other reason for the rush would be the backlash that they are getting. Hence, they might want to complete this phase as soon as possible but not sure why they had to end it with that scene. Even though I was expecting it,  I did think that it was not needed at all. They could have stopped at silent companionship that they showed after confession which is the base of their relationship. Wouldn't it be more dignified? Even if they are planning a pregnancy track , they should have created a different scenario. The aftermath from abuse just did not seem right for me. 

Moving on, in my opinion,I think the wedding rituals vs their union was to signify that with each step that Kunal was taking towards Nandini, he was breaking each and every thread that connected him to Mauli, betraying all those vows that he had taken with her which are the very foundation of their relationship. 

Regarding characters, yes they are not dark characters like Rajdeep. They are people who have started walking the wrong path and are committing one mistake after the other. When we as audience see them, we have certain expectations from certain characters based on the character sketch that CV's show us. So if they behave differently, from what we assume should be the ideal behavior, we start seeing it as a mistake on the CV's part .I do think that they know what they are doing but I do feel that if they are using silence as the form of communication, then they should not move from the character sketch that they have shown so far and if it its deliberate, then they should give us some dialogues, some clarity on their thought process for us to understand their actions. The secrecy, the questions are good for us to come back and watch the show but sometimes the answers are also necessary.  

For example, I just cannot figure out the sindoor significance, is that Nandini way to justify the act because based on her personality, for her physical intimacy with a person she is not married to should be huge.  I hope she is not smiling because she has taken that as a sign of God. That would be too far-fetched. 

For me,right now, the only answer that I desperately want to know is if this Nandini-Kunal's story and how it affects their lives and of the people around them or is it Mauli's, Kunal and Nandini's story separately or if this  Mauli-Kunal's story or is this a triangular story? It would really help with understanding where they are going with it.

PS: Did you notice that yesterday episode did not have one significant dialogue? Do you think that Kunal explanation to his MIL about love was his self talk?

Edited by pamk06 - 5 years ago
mango.falooda thumbnail
@pamk06 -- definitely thought his dialogue to his mom-in-law was self talk. mouli looked very surprised and delighted like she had never heard him speak that way. but he was more talking about himself -- how sometimes you just can't help yourself.

as for the sindoor, found that rather bizarre. I was so confused wondering if I had fallen asleep for a minute as I was not sure how she all of a sudden had sindoor when she had a clean face before. πŸ˜†

totally get folks who feel like the CVs are doing this bizarre divine angle - part of that is the choice of background music. if it was a song with lyrics or something melodious, it would be so much better. the music really irritates me. for me, the only way to understand this is to look at is some sort of literary device or see it as a state of nandini's mind -- that she is grasping at straws to justify her temptations.

it would be easier if the CVs would spell things out but their treatment and tone would make it super boring for me at least. am someone who firmly enjoys masala movies -- so am glad that they are going at a super speed train and now they are past the point of no return.

it was interesting today that kunal felt so confused and defeated whereas nandini only deflated after she saw kunal's face. so till then, she had hope.. but then rajdeep saw it all. so basically a storm is coming and it will be messy. am looking forward to it since I am watching purely for the train wreck factor.
SummerRain7 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: pamk06

Initially, I too, thought that the show is shutting shop and hence the rush to close all loops but then just found out that they moved the time so they do still have time. The other reason for the rush would be the backlash that they are getting. Hence, they might want to complete this phase as soon as possible but not sure why they had to end it with that scene. Even though I was expecting it,  I did think that it was needed at all. They could have stopped at silent companionship that they showed after confession which is the base of their relationship. Wouldn't it be more dignified? Even if they are planning a pregnancy track , they should have created a different scenario. The aftermath from abuse just did not seem right for me. 

Moving on, in my opinion,I think the wedding rituals vs their union was to signify that with each step that Kunal was taking towards Nandini, he was breaking each and every thread that connected him to Mauli, betraying all those vows that he had taken with her which are the very foundation of their relationship. 

Regarding characters, yes they are not dark characters like Rajdeep. They are people who have started walking the wrong path and are committing one mistake after the other. When we as audience see them, we have certain expectations from certain characters based on the character sketch that CV's show us. So if they behave differently, from what we assume should be the ideal behavior, we start seeing it as a mistake on the CV's part .I do think that they know what they are doing but I do feel that if they are using silence as the form of communication, then they should not move from the character sketch that they have shown so far and if it its deliberate, then they should give us some dialogues, some clarity on their thought process for us to understand their actions. The secrecy, the questions are good for us to come back and watch the show but sometimes the answers are also necessary.  

For example, I just cannot figure out the sindoor significance, is that Nandini way to justify the act because based on her personality, for her physical intimacy with a person she is not married to should be huge.  I hope she is not smiling because she has taken that as a sign of God. That would be too far-fetched. 

For me,right now, the only answer that I desperately want to know is if this Nandini-Kunal's story and how it affects their lives and of the people around them or is it Mauli's, Kunal and Nandini's story separately or if this  Mauli-Kunal's story or is this a triangular story? It would really help with understanding where they are going with it.

PS: Did you notice that yesterday episode did not have one significant dialogue? Do you think that Kunal explanation to his MIL about love was his self talk?

Bold - After watching today's episode, I think this makes sense, because Mauli tells him about how she was thinking of their wedding rituals causing  Kunal Bhaiyya to burn  in guilt. She specifically mentions the promises he made and how he is the best husband and all that and Kunal has that sickening realization. 
Also,  you know how I was telling you on the other thread that I had always seen Nandini's abuse as  just a plot point to bring Nandini and Kunal closer.  While I still stand by it, (which was again proven in today's episode, with absolutely no mention of the previous day's incident, not even them worrying about Rajdeep, no mention of restraining order, no nothing) now I feel Nandini-Mauli's friendship is also a plot point, just to zabardasti ghusofy Nandini into Mauli's life and house. Their friendship looks extremely one sided now. 

Moving on, after watching today's episode I have some question and observations  πŸ˜ƒ  All are welcome to comment and answer.  

1. Nandini still has not an iota of guilt on her face. Am I missing something here or is that what you guys feel too? It looks like she is happy being in this half life and extremely comfortable with this duality she has to keep up, everytime she has to meet Mauli or Mauli's family. Is this the same Nandini who went about breaking things and sitting in the shower for long, when she first realized her feelings for him ? Or is this the aftermath of years of abuse which is making her accept anything that comes her way?

2. When Kunal comes to meet her in the park, he looked worried. And Nandini's reaction was - Kunal pareshan kyun lag rahe hai? I literally burst out laughing.. Woman!!  That guy cheated on his wife, with YOU, just yesterday !! You should  be worrying , if he DOESN'T look worried. This is what I don't understand. What in the world is wrong with her? 

3. By now Nandini knows that Mauli's mother cannot stand her. After getting insulted so much, even if she has to go to Mauli's house on a festive occasion, which automatically means that Mauli's family will be there, does it not bother her that she might open her mouth and shower her with her vileness? BTW I really believe that Mauli's mother should go back to the 80's, which I am sure is the era that she came from. I understand that the  makers are trying to create drama here.  But she is again insulting Nandini , Nandini goes all quite and Kunal and Mauli speak up for her. How many times! 

4. The guilt on Kunal's face was good to witness for a change. But he is in a back and forth situation now, as in, the guilt comes and goes.  When he is with Nanidni, Mauli calls him and when he is with Mauli,  Nandini calls him πŸ˜†

They are making Nandini look like a character who is living in a delusional world and I just cannot relate to her.
mango.falooda thumbnail
@summerrain7 - have always felt the friendship was rather one sided in that mouli was almost the one pursuing nandini. am not sure what mouli gets out of that but nandini has always felt alone. it is like if a stranger helps you out and you are grateful to them but you are not going to open up and share everything that is in your heart - thats how I see nandini.

also don't see her any guilt or conflict within her. in fact, she seemed more deflated on seeing kunal because it meant he could be walking away her. she has gone beyond the guilt the moment she decided to accept kunal in the bus station. she is also having very little expectations (for now) from him -- all she needs is a little bit of company and she is happy. so she probably does not feel like she is competing or stealing anything from mouli because kunal is still with his wife. he goes home. and nandini does not sulk but sends him away happily. so thats my guess to why she does not feel guilty about interacting wtih mouli or going over to her house. also these are just my guesses for why nandini seems to have no internal conflict about the affair as the CVs as usual are not spelling anything out..

pamk06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: mango_pudding1

@pamk06 -- definitely thought his dialogue to his mom-in-law was self talk. mouli looked very surprised and delighted like she had never heard him speak that way. but he was more talking about himself -- how sometimes you just can't help yourself.

as for the sindoor, found that rather bizarre. I was so confused wondering if I had fallen asleep for a minute as I was not sure how she all of a sudden had sindoor when she had a clean face before. πŸ˜†

totally get folks who feel like the CVs are doing this bizarre divine angle - part of that is the choice of background music. if it was a song with lyrics or something melodious, it would be so much better. the music really irritates me. for me, the only way to understand this is to look at is some sort of literary device or see it as a state of nandini's mind -- that she is grasping at straws to justify her temptations.

it would be easier if the CVs would spell things out but their treatment and tone would make it super boring for me at least. am someone who firmly enjoys masala movies -- so am glad that they are going at a super speed train and now they are past the point of no return.

it was interesting today that kunal felt so confused and defeated whereas nandini only deflated after she saw kunal's face. so till then, she had hope.. but then rajdeep saw it all. so basically a storm is coming and it will be messy. am looking forward to it since I am watching purely for the train wreck factor.

Exactly, that's what I thought too that it was his self talk and between that and today, its looks like he firmly believes that he loves Nandini. Agreed on Mauli and it did seemed that it was his first time talking this way about love as if he's just realizing what it all entails. 

It would be interesting to see how his love survives the coming storm especially when he has to also support Nandini through it. I firmly believe that he is strong enough to support her and defend her in front of the society but I am not sure if he is strong enough for himself especially when he realizes everything that is at stake and everything that he will lose because of his choice. By the time he realizes this, it might be too late. Currently, his fear of losing Nandini overrides all his emotions, the confession was a result of it and even today, so in a way that fear is his strength. Lets see if that is enough for the storm ahead. 

Yes, Rajdeep has always been the instrument, He was the reason Nandini left Mauli, he was responsible for bringing them back into her life, for yesterday's never to be discussed scene πŸ˜‰,  so it makes sense that  he would be instrumental in bringing the truth out too. But if he uses his cartoonish methodsπŸ˜†, she will never believe him. For Mauli to believe, it has to be red-handed so lets see how that pan's out. 

The other thing that I noticed today was the comparison between the two. Kunal is so disturbed when he comes back home but Mauli does not sense it at all, not in his demeanor, not in his voice, not in his attitude. She is happy in her own world not even realizing that he did not reply to her words of love. But Nandini, as soon as sees him, she knows something is wrong and also the reason for it. Does that mean she understands him better or she is more attuned to his emotions? Just some food for thought. (Nothing against Mauli, just my observation)

Next week would be the train wreck. Let's see where it takes us. 

PS: Well, I made my peace with yesterday and so the sindoor and the reason for consummation, goes in the same box like the "Baba", something that is best forgotten and never to be discussed again. πŸ˜†

Edited by pamk06 - 5 years ago
SummerRain7 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mango_pudding1

@summerrain7 - have always felt the friendship was rather one sided in that mouli was almost the one pursuing nandini. am not sure what mouli gets out of that but nandini has always felt alone. it is like if a stranger helps you out and you are grateful to them but you are not going to open up and share everything that is in your heart - thats how I see nandini.

also don't see her any guilt or conflict within her. in fact, she seemed more deflated on seeing kunal because it meant he could be walking away her. she has gone beyond the guilt the moment she decided to accept kunal in the bus station. she is also having very little expectations (for now) from him -- all she needs is a little bit of company and she is happy. so she probably does not feel like she is competing or stealing anything from mouli because kunal is still with his wife. he goes home. and nandini does not sulk but sends him away happily. so thats my guess to why she does not feel guilty about interacting wtih mouli or going over to her house. also these are just my guesses for why nandini seems to have no internal conflict about the affair as the CVs as usual are not spelling anything out..

I agree! 
Bold - That actually sums up their relationship.