FruitToasty thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Victim blaming remains a tenacious problem in this age where there are so many sensitization programs by government and NGOs to make people understand that no a victim is NOT luring her culprit, she is a victim for a reason and you know the sickness doesn't stop at any place...

There is a video where Rajdeep (Hang him, please) is forcing himself on Nandini and comments there are blaming Nandini for it, it's so puke worthy, so sick, I can't turn my disgust into words, like W*F is wrong with you people?

There was this conference of a sort in my college about raising awareness about laws regarding crime against women, so this police officer comes and asked us to dress "Decently" in order to avoid the attention of people, she said girls should wear and I quote "Wear Indian clothes because they are decent and don't worry about looking good as they say women look sexier in Saree, and if you install 50% indianness in yourself, you'll decrease the chances of rape by 50%"
This is something that I have faced my whole life, I was asked to wear Salwar suit in college because there are male teachers in college, I was called a s**t because I was wearing deep neck top and apparently my parents have no control over me, I didn't abide by the fascism though and threatened the principal that I'll call media house and get them arrested for mentally harassing me.

I hate when people comment on clothes, I have when women's character is decided by the length of skin revealed, I hate when they are s**t shamed for wearing blouses or spaghetti, this is just sick to the core.
Then the inspector goes on to say that we should maintain an image in the society, we should not have boyfriends, we should not have multiple sex partners and the list of victim blaming by a police officer goes on and on.

Why do we do this? Why not blame men for a crime they are committing? Why try to look for loopholes to protect men? Because a woman working in a brothel has as much right to live her life without being forced as a woman working in temple.

This is only one side of it, people are blaming Mauli or say working women for their husband's infidelity, when this working woman, who's way more successful than a guy who's sitting idle at home, do you really think that other men do not approach her? Blame her if she strays, blame her if she cheats, not when she is trusting her husband, I have always heard that trust is love, but apparently trust is stupidity.

I did not intend to hurt anyone or attack anyone with this

Edited by DracarysTrio - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rosh4rose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Nandini was blamed as a victim when she was with Rajdeep
Now Mauli was being blamed for husband's LUST
...He is the one who is cheating
People always blsme females
Domestic abuse they say doesn't know how to entertain and calm him dowm
Like working woman case will say she was not there for satiesfying her husband

It is always females being victimised

About cloth that is personal choice
In Europe ladies protest even not wearing a top ..topless
Sarees can be worn without blouse
Can use some cloth that elastic have basic cup shape mark to hold bust
Just tie the saree around ... It will be beautiful
But again why females take the blame
I just can't Kunal babu spoiling those ladies beautiful friendship
He and his "lust speeches"
Edited by Rosh4rose - 5 years ago
Alohomora_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thank you for this post Dracarys.I have been seeing lots of people repeatedly saying Nandini DESERVES Rajdeep's abuse and she has actually ENABLED him to rape her and torture her and thus doesn't deserve sympathy.And I am like really?Are we actually blaming the victim for inviting rape and abuse upon herself?No matter what NOBODY DESERVES RAPE and nobody ENABLES or INVITES RAPE.You can be mad at Nandini for many things but you cannot hold her responsible for her own rape and m8scarriage! The comments under this recent rape attempt video are gross to say the least.people actually cheering her rape because she is the other woman. Times when you lose faith in humanity actually
moumita.madhuk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Thank you for making this post! It was much needed! Blinded by the hatred, there have been s**t shaming and victim blaming everywhere around this show! Neither Nandini nor Mouli deserves these sexist accusations!
FruitToasty thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rosh4rose

Nandini was blamed as a victim when she was with Rajdeep
Now Mauli was being blamed for husband's LUST
...He is the one who is cheating
People always blsme females
Domestic abuse they say doesn't know how to entertain and calm him dowm
Like working woman case will say she was not there for satiesfying her husband

It is always females being victimised

About cloth that is personal choice
In Europe ladies protest even not wearing a top ..topless
Sarees can be worn without blouse
Can use some cloth that elastic have basic cup shape mark to hold bust
Just tie the saree around ... It will be beautiful
But again why females take the blame
I just can't Kunal babu spoiling those ladies beautiful friendship
He and his "lust speeches"

Worst thing is that I have seen women do this and when we have police officers like the one who came to lecture us, can you imagine the condition of women who are already going through trauma of being raped are questioned or say blamed like this by police officers who are supposed to protect them? It's such a vicious cycle and we take it so so lightly

I have been to a tribal area, there women don't even wear blouses, they just drape a Saree over themselves, what is this indianness or culture people talk about? Pure bullshit
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Excellent post  👏
I won't debate on the clothes ..it's a very personal thing . There are as many number of opinions as there are number of people on earth . My personal opinion is to dress up according to the occasion and your comfort. We can choose to wear what we want to but cannot stop anyone to ogle if they choose to . So if a girl is ok with it or rather, handle it , she must . Why not . We live in a sick hypocrite society and we have a long way to go before equality is actually practicised . I am only talikg abour urban India and a certain section of society which I belong to . 

I firmly do not believe in victim blaming . Nandini was. Not responsible for what rajdeep did to her and mauli is not responsible for what kunal and nandini will do to her. Period. 
Edited by _charu_ - 5 years ago
FruitToasty thumbnail
Originally posted by: Alohomora_

Thank you for this post Dracarys.I have been seeing lots of people repeatedly saying Nandini DESERVES Rajdeep's abuse and she has actually ENABLED him to rape her and torture her and thus doesn't deserve sympathy.And I am like really?Are we actually blaming the victim for inviting rape and abuse upon herself?No matter what NOBODY DESERVES RAPE and nobody ENABLES or INVITES RAPE.You can be mad at Nandini for many things but you cannot hold her responsible for her own rape and m8scarriage! The comments under this recent rape attempt video are gross to say the least.people actually cheering her rape because she is the other woman. Times when you lose faith in humanity actually

Pure and blind hatred, they are doing this to a character, do you wonder why we have so many politician coming out after rapes saying women should dress nicely and these same politicians winning every election, the 49% population of this nation is being taken for granted and the same 49% are busy cutting each other, instead of strengthening each other.

I don't understand this provoking thing, I see men in shorts, I never get a feeling to rape them, clothes or actions are not a problem, it's their sick mindset
FruitToasty thumbnail
Originally posted by: moumita.madhuk

Thank you for making this post! It was much needed! Blinded by the hatred, there have been s**t shaming and victim blaming everywhere around this show! Neither Nandini nor Mouli deserves these sexist accusations!

Because Rajdeep and Kunal are men and men cannot be wrong so let's look for faults in women and blame them for something they are not even doing
FruitToasty thumbnail
Originally posted by: _charu_

Excellent post
👏

I won't debate on the clothes ..it's a very personal thing . There are as many number of opinions as there are number of people on earth . My personal opinion is to dress up according to the occasion and your comfort. We can choose to wear what we want to but cannot stop anyone to ogle if they choose to . So if a girl is ok with it or rather, handle it , she must . Why not . We live in a sick hypocrite society and we have a long way to go before equality is actually practicised . I am only talikg abour urban India and a certain section of society which I belong to .

I firmly do not believe in victim blaming . Nandini was. Not responsible for what rajdeep did to her and mauli is not responsible for what kunal and nandini will do to her. Period.

Exactly, My body My wish
I don't understand why people think it's okay to point out someone's clothes or try depicting their character on basis of the clothes they are wearing.
Twenty1st thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Alohomora_

Hey Nish, just wondering is that the future epi's
Is Rajdeep going to attack Nandini

As for human mentality, i do not get it and nor do i want to make an attempt to understand the less fortunate who somehow blame everything on the girl

If anything i dislike Kunal for everything and hate Rajdeep lol