Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chirpyhapibird thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by: Y12345

Thanks everyone who shared their stories. 

One question, I don't understand is that, why people who cheat don't tell their partner? If they fall out of love, they should tell their partner instead of cheating. 

Ex, when Kunal knew about his feelings for N(lust or whatever), he should have first tell Mauli about this, divorce and then romance with N.

In general people who have Ema are horrible human beings even in other aspects of their life.

arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
During my college, I saw enormous cases of cheating, they weren't EMAs but I think that the effect is same as there is cheating underlying in both.
1. Case 1- My Best friend's brother- He loved this girl enormously, for him she was the princess, paid her bills, came to her rescue every time she would be in problem, even took her to home to introduce to her parents & declared that he would marry her (For any guy, it's a huge thing). Things were all good, until that girl found someone else & dumped him & said some terrible things to him. The other guy was none other than another guy from his class. This one thing changes his life upside down. He failed his exams, slipped into depression, resorted to alcohol most often. His parents, siblings, friends & everyone who truly cared about him had a really hard time in bringing him on track. 2 years later, she came apologizing to him, expecting him to take her back & he was just indifferent to her. She was cheated too after few years. (The other guy impregnated her & when she told him about this he simply said how should he believe that it was his, some further complications took a literal  toll on her health). It was only later everyone came to know about her habit of multiple timing with many guys that led to out dept. failing her in the final engg. exams. She was collectively boycotted. She never used to come to college on account of being ill & dept. was very easy on her as they understood.

The victim aka the guy is fine now but not really the same person. he has issues trusting people. He tried to enter into another relationship & even there he faced the same thing & now, he finds it difficult to enter relationships anymore.

2. Case 2- A friend from another dept- She was with a guy from her batch in the same branch. They were this perfect couple, always cuddling, holding hands, protective of each other, always together. One look into them & everyone could tell they were really into each other. There relationship went onto 3 years until before final year vacations, the guy got married to someone else & the girl came to know about all this on his day of marriage.

It took her a lot of time to recover from it. It was all the more difficult as they both were in the same class for another year.

3. Case 3- Another guy in college in my batch- He as in love with his batchmate & they were together for 3 years. He showered her with gifts, was so caring & all. Until final year, the girl dumped him to go to another guy from the junior batch who was more rich. The guy went into depression over this, only to be recovered later. For a year, she tortured him. He would ask her for his gifts as he had gifted her some precious things of gold & other & she would always insult him terribly.

4. Case 4- A girl from my class- She was very intelligent, in relationship with a guy from my own class. They loved each other, cared for each other. And at the end  of 3rd years, the guy began to mentally abuse her & began to spend more time with other girls. She was broken beyond repair. She failed the exams, went into acute depression that drove her to suicide as the guy & his new girls didn't stop harassing her. She always used to cry & it took many people to counsel her on how to lead her life further. Imagine a topper of class, failing her exams & facing the scornful faces of teachers & her family.

But she recovered, bounced back again with much more rigour. She is doing great but she isn't the same person anymore. A part of her died with that relationship.

5. Case 5- A guy friend from my class- Very intelligent, mature but played by a friend of mine who used him to clean her mess. The day he realized the truth, it literally broke him. Took a year to recover from depression & but became very scornful of certain people. 

Now, at a better place, only thing difficult for him is to trust someone. He now is in a relationship & very happy with a new woman in his life.

6. A distant relative in the family- The married woman with 2 young children eloped with another guy & got married to him. She never turned back. They husband & children left behind to deal with the betrayal. The other guy too was a distant relative of husband's parent's family.

And there are a lot of other cases. In overall, these guys/girls went to depression for a year or so, went from top to absolute rock bottom but eventually with support of people around them, bounced back again.

But they are wary of trusting people again, of getting in to relationships again. Guys could move on relatively easily but girls just stopped getting into relationships anymore. They became a little bitter towards love & relationships.

And this is when none of them except the last one were in a married relationship (GF-BF relationships are little easy to break & relatively less strong). Imagine the pain when this is done to a person in marriage. Pain & suffering is unimaginable. But I hope people find it in their life to bounce back for the sake of those who care about them.
CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This happened with my friend's nanad (let's call her Girl1). It was an arrange marriage. Parents got  daughter married to a well settled guy(let's call him Guy1) , that guy was already in relationship with another girl(let's call her Girl2), same old family not approving their relation, so G1 married a girl selected by his mom. They did not inform about his previous relationship to bride's family. Girl2 got married with someone else (let's call him Guy2)

Guy1 and Girl2 moved on with their respective spouse. They were not even contact. Guy1 has 2 boys AND Girl2 has 2 girls from their respective spouse. Guy1 had wonderful married life, but Girl 2 had miserable life, her husband was womanizer Sleeping around was like his hobby. 

After- 10+ years someone passed away from Gir2's family, Guy 1 got this news, he got her number from someone and talked with her to console her (Like people talk with family member after death in family), bas wahin se they started their kaand. Roz baat shuru and purani yaadein taaza, involved in affair. 

It was all good till they were not exposed. Somehow Girl1 got to know about this kaand and she created scene, itna bada scene ki even Girl 2's husband got this news. Phir kya tha? Guy 1 tried all his best to save his marraige, but Girl 1 was impossible to convince. At last he told her to take money from him, go back to her parents but she cannot take his kids. Girl 1's family explained her to think about kids and society etc. After few days she agreed to stay with husband with condition he will never meet or talk with that another girl.

But Guy 2 himself was ayaash but wife should be pious. He had no plan to forget or forgive. Girl 2 apologized, but it was useless.  They are divorced. Heard that father got the custody of girls, but they are with mother till don't become 15.

The irony and tragedy are funny. 😆
Edited by White..Magic - 5 years ago
..kiran.. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Not exactly an EMA, but my story has some similarities with SBRK.

I had been in a relationship with a manipulative, emotionally abusive person for about 2 years. I finally mustered the courage to break up with him and sunk into depression for about 6 months, until I met a guy  who pulled me out of the dark pit I was in. 

We instantly clicked and became best friends because of how eerily similar we were, and how easily we could understand one another without any need for words. Meanwhile my ex boyfriend went full psycho on me, but with my best friend's support, I managed to rise above it all, and not allow him to terrorise me back into depression. My best friend was always there to protect me.   

There were no romantic feelings between my best friend and I. But if soulmates exist, I know that we must be soulmates, because we can literally speak to each other without words. He is the one person I can share anything and everything with. 

At the time when I met my best friend, he was in an on-and-off long term relationship with another girl (his high school sweetheart) whom I had never met or spoken to before. All I knew was that he really loved her, which is why, despite the fact that they kept breaking up with each other, they always managed to find their way back to each other. 

One day, my best friend and I went clubbing. We had a few drinks and on our way back, I told him that for the first time in so many years, I actually felt genuinely happy and free. I am not sure what happened next and how things unfolded, but before I knew it, we were kissing. I could not think, I felt light-headed, dizzy with happiness, and it all felt... right. 

But after some time, I stopped him. I thought of the other girl who trusted him and was waiting for him, and as right as the feeling felt, I knew our actions were wrong. We talked about it later and had a long discussion, and we both agreed that it was just a moment. 

That was around 5 years ago. Till date, I have met many other guys, but I know in my heart that I love my best friend in a way that I will never love another. But I will never allow myself to go in that direction. Maybe he loved/loves me too, but I would never want him to say those words to me. I am happy with things being platonic and do not want or expect anything else. In fact, I will lose the respect that I have for him if he cheats on the other girl. 

We are still best friends. I tell him about everything that happens in my life. All the guys that I meet and develop crushes on need to be vetted by him before I go ahead. 

He has now married the other girl. I flew to his country for his wedding and felt my heart overflow with happiness when I saw them married. I am happy that they both overcame all the problems and issues and fought for their love to become one.  

In my case, I did not even know the other girl at the time. Yet just the fact that I knew about her was enough. Maybe feelings cannot be right or wrong. But actions are definitely right and wrong. And I knew that even if I was not fully sober at the time. 
yurimehta11 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
A working couple came to live in our colony. The Guy is handsome and girl is gorgeous. They were so much in love and looked perfect couple . Guy separated from family for her sack.I don't know what went wrong but this girl involved with another married man and used to call him home in husband's absence. Mostly in evening when husband go to play volleyball matches. One evening match cancelled and there is huge scene created as husband lost his temper. They left the city afterwards and other guy's wife and children left him. 
Guy X and Girl Y did love marriage but after two kids husband's behaviour changed. He starts going to house of a widow and soon they eloped with each other. He starts a new life with her. Wife didn't left his home and stayed with in laws. She engaged with social work and made a identity of herself in society. Now her kids happily married and she is living a peaceful life while the guy didn't make it that great. He used to come to meet his parents but now his wife become ignorant towards him. 

Guy 1 married to girl 1 and after birth of two cute little boys. He starts dating sister of this girl and they both eloped. Family pressurised them and the other girl married off to someone else but the flame didn't died. They often continue their adventure. This girl 1 was betrayed by her husband and sister but couldn't apply for divorce for the sack of her kids. She involved in the business of her husband. She learns the basic and now handling it effectively. Her husband still running behind different women. Now no one cares about him nor his family, kids or society. Its like he will come back when money is finished and run away when his hormone is beyond control. 

Two three other cases follow a pattern. Guy living happy life with a perfect spouse but indulge in adultery with a married woman. Wife compromise for kids and other women's husband is okay till money is coming in house 

There was a guy living happily with his wife and two kids. Eventually due to financial reasons he went to another city for few months. After his return he found his wife in compromising position with a neighbour. He internalize the pain at that time but he failed to control his anger next time and killed his wife into pieces infront of his daughter and had no remorse. This most horrific thing.

Its not EMA but cheating my best friend fall in love with this guy. He is all good and she meant to world for him but we always felt something is off with him. The affair gets intensity but family refuses for their marriage. They engaged to someone else. One day they decide to kill themselves. My friend drank poison in her home  but he was performing before marriage rituals.  He married to his fiance on the same date. He said my friend was mentally unstable. Later we find out he was dating two three more girls at the same time and after birth of a beautiful daughter he did not change.