Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vibha28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Since the whole disastrous affair has come to the fore-front for this series, I am unable to understand one thing:

Glorification of an extra marital affair.

I have stated previously that partners do stray and people do have affairs, that is sadly part of life and I am sure us adults here are aware of that and whilst majority of us frown upon the adulterers we also know that it happens for various reasons some blatantly obvious, and some not.

I have no issues with the actors, I am sure they are portraying the characters that they have been given (although I don't understand the lure anyone can have towards Kunal as a person he is as far as I am concerned very childish) but that does not mean I will accept what is been shown. This concept is very sensitive (regardless of one's mentality and how liberal/conservative one is in real life). I was looking forward to his show because I wanted to see something different.

In the beginning they showed a happily married couple and one not so happily married couple. All good, I was curious as to how would an affair pan out when one loves his wife so much. The other I didn't care as he did everything in front of his wife. Then the one who was abused was brought into the good couple's house again all good. I thought here either the man or the new woman will have some serious conversation and realise that they do care for each other and so forth. Na, instead up until the rain dance the man was madly in love with his wife (in fact seconds before the so called "love he was dancing with his wife) and then bam!!!!!!! The man cannot control his emotions. That was the W*F for me!!!!!!

There are men/women who will cheat regardless of the partner they are with, and then there are men/women who will cheat due to marital discord, discontentment in a relationship, or simply that they are bored. Which category does Kunal fall into? None!!!! Now generally a man will not start feeling anything for another if he is happy with what he has and same with a woman. So I don't buy that he loves Nandini. Lust, attraction, infatuation all good but love NOPE!!!!!

Nandini for an abused woman recovered very quickly (have worked with abused women for the past 15+years and have never met one woman who has moved on so quickly specially if there was sexual abuse involved). It takes years and years of counselling to get over the trauma. Now many may think this is a series and why am I brining real life examples? Because this series has been portrayed as something as a real life scenario. If this was another saas-bahu, consummation can take years drama, I wouldn't have cared in fact I would not be watching it but when you peddle something which can happen in reality then make it like that.

I am not sure why the writers butchered this and I don't see a way out either. If Mauli forgives Kunal which I really hope she doesn't then the one character that I have grown to love will be ruined at least for me. The other two are gone case already. It is disgusting that they have used abuse to justify adultery. That is not done, if you are abused doesn't mean that you will latch on the first man that comes in front of you and is nice.

I am sure everyone who is supporting this "Kunan will not want their real life spouse, partner, boyfriend to be like Kunal? Honestly is must in any relationship. I hate how Kunal waited until he got approval from Nandini and even then rather than both of them talking to Mauli one hides and other feeds kheer give me a break!!!!!

I don't know where to from here on? Even if Kunal comes clean, then what? I want Mauli to kick him out, get divorced and then start her life and I want to see her journey. The other two can play patty cake for all I care. Mauli took Rajdeep and even he backed off. Rajdeep beat Nandini and showed his control but could never do that to Mauli. She didn't even need Kunal she took him on her own and freaking won and that is amazing. Now maybe she can do the same to Kunal and Nandini and show them that without her they were just useless. Neither is working and India has no benefit system so I am not sure how they will survive? Maybe Nandini can be a masterchef and they both can choke on her food!!!!!

Welcome your thoughts!!!!
SweetNeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice post...Really amazed the way Mauli took on Rajdeep..
Hope she takes on Kunal too in similar way and show him
the door.
vibha28 thumbnail
Originally posted by: SweetNeeta

Nice post...Really amazed the way Mauli took on Rajdeep..

Hope she takes on Kunal too in similar way and show him
the door.

Thank you 😊

Yes it was brilliant the way she took Rajdeep and won!!! Even slapped that fat guy and told him to shoo and Kunal just looked lost like he always does. She is a badass and I love her for that. She knows how to fight her battles too. Such as when she called the cops when she knew her strength alone won't work and before that kicked Rajdeep from the hospital room. How can Kunal not want that and want a shivering, scared all the time, crying a bucket damsel is beyond my understanding.
chirpyhapibird thumbnail

Yeh  they  can  both  choke  on  her  food.

nice  post.

They will  reach bed soon.
Infact  instead of mauli  N  may get pregnant.

I m sure nobody  will  want  kunal types in real life...neither  N  type friend

vibha28 thumbnail
Originally posted by: chirpyhapibird

Yeh they can both choke on her food.

nice post.

They will reach bed soon.
Infact instead of mauli N may get pregnant.

I m sure nobody will want kunal types in real life...neither N type friend

Exactly!!!! whilst it is all good to say that I know the difference between real and reel, well we all do. But to glorify an affair because the actors are hot is nonsensical. This series is presented as something that happens in reality - well in reality if my husband meets another and falls for her then good riddance. I will not be saying oh the girl he has fallen for is hotter than I so all good at least they will make good babies 🤬
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: evenjleena28

Exactly!!!! whilst it is all good to say that I know the difference between real and reel, well we all do. But to glorify an affair because the actors are hot is nonsensical. This series is presented as something that happens in reality - well in reality if my husband meets another and falls for her then good riddance. I will not be saying oh the girl he has fallen for is hotter than I so all good at least they will make good babies 🤬

I don't know if you have watched GOT. But there when Jamie & Cersei committed incest, they were pointed at that & not glorified even though Lena Headey & Nikolaj are great looking actors.

And that's how reel & real is differentiated.
Sabyata thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Very nice post
 The way Mauli  alone stand against  Rajdeep--That was commendable

Same treatment she  should give  it to her Husband & her Friend cum sister

Both need to be out of her life..Honestly Mauli will have better future  without them
even Kunal's parents should leave him n stay with Mauli only if she want to

vibha28 thumbnail
Originally posted by: arshi_asya

QUOTE]

I don't know if you have watched GOT. But there when Jamie & Cersei committed incest, they were pointed at that & not glorified even though Lena Headey & Nikolaj are great looking actors.

And that's how reel & real is differentiated.

No I am not a big fan of GOT but have heard some very good reviews. Exactly, things like that happen and whilst I may frown upon it, it doesn't mean it will stop. If I see this affair as it is I have literally no problem with anything.

The whole god bringing them together? like god has nothing better to do but play swap the house. He has already brought one couple together, why would he bring another? say it as it is - an affair where Kunal finds Nandini more malleable and attractive now!!!!
vibha28 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sabyata

Very nice post
The way Mauli alone stand against Rajdeep--That was commendable

Same treatment she should give it to her Husband & her Friend cum sister

Both need to be out of her life..Honestly Mauli will have better future without them
even Kunal's parents should leave him n stay with Mauli only if she want to

Thank you 😊

I agree show Mauli's journey and please please have her divorce him and no taking him back. I don't care if she forgives him that's fine but don't go back to him.
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: evenjleena28

No I am not a big fan of GOT but have heard some very good reviews. Exactly, things like that happen and whilst I may frown upon it, it doesn't mean it will stop. If I see this affair as it is I have literally no problem with anything.

The whole god bringing them together? like god has nothing better to do but play swap the house. He has already brought one couple together, why would he bring another? say it as it is - an affair where Kunal finds Nandini more malleable and attractive now!!!!

Even Americans are better at calling an affair, an affair on the face.

Makers have brought God, only to push this affair down audience's throat. As if Indian audience is still too religious & fool to take everything on the name of GOD.

GOD is such a easy target for every blame game human being want to play. I am telling you, such a used entity, GOD is. Human being have no regard for GOD.