Is Being Critical A Crime ? - Page 3

Posted: 5 years ago
being critical is not a crime but how we use the words make a difference. unless you work in a job where you write, most people are not aware of how loaded some words are.

it is actually difficult to write a balanced view without tipping into bias. how is the sentence constructed? the grammar? the choice of adjectives -- all of these impact how somebody responds. what happens is instead of conveying your view, people end up becoming argumentative and hyper critical -- basically slaying someone with words. then it is a problem.

also, when a forum becomes hyper critical and all about defending one's view, ultimately, we ourselves lose out. we lose the joy of watching a drama and hanging out with others. we lose the joy of giggling over stupid lapses in logic and oohing and aahing over the clothes or actor. we lose hearing view points that may be different because people are afraid to post. ultimately we are here and wanting to connect with each other because we are fans of watching dramas and we can lose that when forums get hyper critical.

so here's my response yesterday - be kind and listen.
https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5023218
it is not about proving someone's view about the drama/character wrong but it is about learning those life skills so that you are better in social situations in real life.
Edited by mango_pudding1 - 5 years ago
do whatever u want. Its not a fanclub .  Its not a temple 
Sometimes the fans of an actress are so extreme it makes me dislike the actress. I have observed these insane levels of celebrity worship in especially Indian audiences. It is really worrying!!!
Originally posted by Twisterfry

Sometimes the fans of an actress are so extreme it makes me dislike the actress. I have observed these insane levels of celebrity worship in especially Indian audiences. It is really worrying!!!
This is exactly what scares me.. please do not dislike any actress due to that. Some certain extremist happens to be existing everywhere. 
Even being the admirer of the same actress for about a decade I had to hear that I was trolling her. Whereas I didn't for once took her name. The thing is that some fans are a bit emotional and can't perceive the correct balance between reality and reel life. They assume that when we are talking against the character she is playing it's that we are probably targeting her. 

I would say it's waste of time to dislike someone for anyone else. I mean that's childish also why dislike any person we don't know personally. The actress herself said in her recent video how wrong it(ema) is and even she ended the video by saying cutely, "And don't trust your best friend blindly..."

She is very nice. Please do not hate upon her. Also we have to agree that the disgust we are feeling towards Nandini is all due to her amazing performance right?? She is doing her work just fine. 

I totally agree with your statement of celeb worshiping and it's annoying also frightening when done by adults who behave like teenagers. One should enjoy the shows and not get fanatic for any certain celebrity that it just earns more defamation to the celeb. 
Edited by WaveTeal - 5 years ago
Originally posted by WaveTeal

This is exactly what scares me.. please do not dislike any actress due to that. Some certain extremist happens to be existing everywhere. 
Even being the admirer of the same actress for about a decade I had to hear that I was trolling her. Whereas I didn't for once took her name. The thing is that some fans are a bit emotional and can't perceive the correct balance reality and reel life. They assume that when we are talking against the character she is playing it's that we are probably targeting her. 
I would say it's waste of time to dislike someone for anyone else. I mean that's childish also why dislike any person we don't know personally. The actress herself said in her recent video how wrong it it and even she ended the video by saying cutely, "And don't trust your best friend blindly..."

She is very nice. Please do not hate upon her. Also we have to agree that the disgust we are feeling towards Nandini is all due to her amazing performance right?? She is doing her work just fine. 

I totally agree with your statement of celeb worshiping and it's annoying also frightening when done by adults who behave like teenagers. One should enjoy the shows and not get fanatic for any certain celebrity that it just earns more defamation to the celeb. 

Oh no don't worry I don't dislike Drashti!!! I just meant it makes me want to, but I know it's stupid to like or dislike people whom you haven't met! 
Originally posted by Twisterfry

True when one can't post an opinion without being getting bullied, it is bound to be happen🤢 Sometimes it makes me feel to bash her but i stop..  Once i posted about a actor that her acting leaves lot to be desired. I was bashed and abused. If i feel acting is not upto the level, that's my opinion! hwz it's bashing?!? After that, i surely dislike that actress😆
Edited by oldanurprernfan - 5 years ago