Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Twisterfry thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi guys! This is my first topic on the forum; have been a silent reader for a while, but now, I think some of my comments have irritated some of the readers here. I just wanted to explain myself, and hopefully clarify my thoughts about this I write. Idk how many people will read this, since this topic has been discussed to death, but I just want to add my two cents on what is happening in the show and on the forum. 
Firstly, extra marital affairs are wrong under almost all circumstances. It is very hard to justify an EMA. And I think it is very brave of the producers to try to do a show on this topic. I was looking forward to this, because I think stories of EMAs are very tragically beautiful if they are portrayed in the correct way. Take for example, KANK. I thought the actions of Maya and Dev were very wrong. Dev was essentially a misogynist, and Maya didn't try hard enough. However, I thought there was something very poignant about the story. It was about two characters coming together and falling in love despite the circumstances they were in, and how the pain of two very incomplete people was mitigated to some extent when they were together. There is something beautiful about that. I hoped to find that beauty in Silsila, but was disappointed when I could not, because the execution was wrong.The messiness, the pain, the emotions that lent KANK beauty were not found in this immature handling of the topic.n 

Firstly, by trying to pass of this illicit relationship as something that is sanctified by God, they are glossing over the issue, removing the rawness that was supposed to make this story beautiful. All these omens and shiz are so regressive and should not be in this show. Don't try to justify by saying God wills it! 

Nandini is a weak person. She has just come out of an abusive relationship, and she has no hesitation about jumping into another relationship? I am not blaming the character; I am blaming the writing because this is not how real relationships work. I wanted to share that I was cheated on in the recent past, and I have not moved on yet, because I am not emotionally ready, and I was in that relationship for a year. Imagine a marriage that lasted so many years. I don't think it is possible for a human being to react the way Nandini is reacting. 

Kunal was happy in his relationship. He loved Mauli. So why did he fall in love with Nandini? What is the CVs trying to portray here? That you can love two people at the same time? That love is completely random and irrational? And is Kunal more attracted to Nandini because she fits the stereotype of a good sanskari Indian bahu and Mauli doesn't? I don't get it. 

This is what that triggers me the most. Both of them do not feel any guilt about what they are doing! They did in the beginning, but not anymore. If you look at KANK, Dev and Maya were very happy together, but whenever they met their spouses, they could not make eye contact with them because of how bad they were feeling! Here, the two lovebirds are romancing as if they are some college kids being in love for the first time. Don't they realise that they are betraying the most important person in their lives? A person who has sacrificed a lot for both of them? What is going on in their heads? If they are feeling remorse free to this extent, they are not good people, period. 

I want to end off by saying that don't s**t shame Nandini on the basis of what she is wearing. If you think she is being promiscuous (on the basis of her actions) I think you are entitled to your opinion. But I think the clothes shaming and calling her a po*nstar, these things are going a bit too far. And fans of Drashti, don't take the criticism of the character as the criticism of the actress. And also, we are allowed to criticise the actress as well. I don't find Drashti's acting very organic, but she is pretty so there is that. And whatever opinions we do have, let's express them in a polite manner. 

That is all. Sorry if it is too long. I am really sleepy and I think I am rambling a bit haha. 
amortentia15 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
A very very sensible post!!! ðŸ˜Š
Loved it...