Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka

We always knew that show was about EMA so y the furore - Page 4

arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Even grey characters they showed some backstory. For eg Sharukh's character did horrible stuff in Baazigar but ppl liked due to his acting & also coz his parents & sister died due to the greed of Kajol's dad. Snape again was a deliciously ambiguous character. Even wen he turned gud he did only due 2 his love for Lily & not coz he found Voldermort wrong. If Voldermort hadnt killed Lily who knows Snape might still be a death eater. But due 2 tat strong backstory the readers absolutely loved the character. The ambiguity, the loner, the social outcast, the unpopular class topper. Here there is nothing charismatic or layered about Kunal or Nandini's character & hence so much dislike for them 🥱

Ahh.  these popular grey characters I loved. SRK in Baazigar had sympathy because he was wronged & our sadistic souls wanted justice for him which only vengeance could provide.
Snape, another glorious grey character, I will love him to death.
But these were well-written characters & people were never forced to accept them by the writers or movie makers. It's just the story that brought them up in such way that people were forced to love them at the end.

Game of Thrones is one such show with lots of grey characters you began hating but ended up loving them- Sansa Stark, Hound, Jamie, Margery, Tyrion & so many others.

Even ITV has many such characters like Ishwari from KRPKAB, I loved her initially, hated  her in between & loved her again later. It's all about how writers shape & bring these characters up.

But some characters  are meant to be hated & if people love to hate them, then that shows what a fabulous work an actor is doing with that particular character. Many actors take hatred & fans backlash as a compliment to their work. Even mainstream actors do that. Jenny took hatred for Maya as a huge compliment. Arjun Bijlani takes hatred for Deep as a compliment & there are so many examples. That's cool right.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Agreed .Also many people keep saying EMA is a reality and that is what is being shown. But my point is if its a reality then it should be shown realistically. But its been shown in a very soapish manner. And more importantly it should have been shown neutrally i.e neither wrong and nor right.But the way they are showing it as a great ,pure and divine love story which audiences are supposed to cheer for is pissing of most people .Show the EMA neutrally and let audience decide if they want to support it or not.
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
there is nothing pure n divine in having an EMA with ur best friends husband who has supported u taken you with her, saved you and did what your family or parents diint do for you. sorry but in this show nandani shouldnt have been the best friend of mauli . she shouldn't have been so depandent on her. or she should have been a grey character on the negative side. dont show nandani as the devi, wronged, righteous character.