Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
I haven't watched this serial in along time so there might be some factual errors. Mauli is a working women who  gives importance to her profession and tries to balance things at home as well, she has had a ggood and independent life ,doesn't need a saviour and can handle her own problems. Doesn't dance and cook well and as far as looks go is beautiful but has a slightly dark complexion.Not always well dressed ,quite normal at times.

On the other have we have Nandini. Hasn't worked a single day in her life, not very highly educated, has always been dependent on other's, has had a terrible life till now which has made her weak and vulnerable and   unable to fight her own fights. Always requires a saviour. But dances beautifully and cooks. She is considered to be more beautiful than Mauli(at least as per the serial) and is fairer as well.Always well dressed and decked up.

Are the CV's trying to say something here ?That an ambitious,independent, well educated working girl who is dark complexioned and may be less prettier  will not be able to hold on to her husband's love while a prettier fairer and more homely girl will be able to ?Are they trying say this?Or I am reading too much into this stuff?

Personally I think both kinds of women are awesome and inspiring whether dark or fair ,home maker or working .I am not one of those people who think working women are stronger or more inspiring than homemakers.For me both are equal as both face different set of challenges .But what are CV's trying to say here.
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
It does seem like that doesn't it at times? Mauli's attire is very ordinary at times. Aditi is a beautiful girl but they dress her down where as Nandini's sarees as everyone knows are absolutely beautiful. Sometimes I think, they haven't dressed Nandini according to her character. For someone who has been through an abusive relationship as she did, there should be far more vulnerability in her. I'm not saying that an abused woman can't wear backless blouses or whatever but there is a certain demeanour a tortured woman would have. For someone who is meant to be vulnerable and not full of confidence, her body language has a lot of it!

Anyway back to the main point you were making. It all comes down to how weak-willed men are and how they want someone to protect so they can feel like a MAN! I mean look at the way Kunal smiled when nandini took his tea cup away like a good homely wife! That's what most Indian men want it seems?! Or am I making assumptions?
arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't think dressing has anything to do here. Though makers have tried to stereotype certain things with the dressing & bringing saree more often.
Makers have tried to show EMA in stereotypical way by showing Kunal getting attracted to dancing, saree, cooking skills of Nandini & then decking it with holier than thou words. Even when together, Kunal asks Nandini to make kheer for him, sit with him, dress as he wishes, something a controlling man are shown to do.

Where most of the times, EMA happen because two people connect to each other on emotional level, sexual level, mental level. None of that has been shown between them till now. They hardly know each other as person on any level. Kunal with Mauli & Kunal with Nandini are two different people.

That's where makers have gone wrong.

vibha28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: *Reemz*

It does seem like that doesn't it at times? Mauli's attire is very ordinary at times. Aditi is a beautiful girl but they dress her down where as Nandini's sarees as everyone knows are absolutely beautiful. Sometimes I think, they haven't dressed Nandini according to her character. For someone who has been through an abusive relationship as she did, there should be far more vulnerability in her. I'm not saying that an abused woman can't wear backless blouses or whatever but there is a certain demeanour a tortured woman would have. For someone who is meant to be vulnerable and not full of confidence, her body language has a lot of it!

Anyway back to the main point you were making. It all comes down to how weak-willed men are and how they want someone to protect so they can feel like a MAN! I mean look at the way Kunal smiled when nandini took his tea cup away like a good homely wife! That's what most Indian men want it seems?! Or am I making assumptions?

I completely agree with you here - for someone who is supposed to be vulnerable her body language is so opposite.

Kunal I don't understand- he sprouted 5 min speech and brought her back but then ran to hide from wife. He looked scared when he was outside Nandini's building. Then he messages her at night and tells her to wear red, and she does. Maybe he likes scared, demure cry baby types but he was anything but remorseful- anyway, now no point in being guilty or remorseful as this has gone way too far.

I think whatever messages the CVs were trying to give has all gone for the toss. Edited by Metis - 5 years ago
Rithu0203 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

@Bold: Same thought. coz, usually, the costumes if not exact, atleast 50% goes with the character.
For e.g Even in serial Madhubala initially she was dressed up according to her character of middle-class girl, then later she got married to a well-off person, her attire changes according to her current environment.

Initially, I thought that Rajdeep forcing her to wear such attire for his own benefit. But, later when Nandini was out of Rajdeep's control she is continuing with the same costumes, which means she herself likes to dress up like that, it's her own decision. 
Ofcourse, she has full right to be what she is, not judging or categorizing based on her costume.

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
You are absolutely right .  But we may reason it out but kunal and nandini might be in a trance and not aware of what they were thinking . I am saying this on the basis of their characterisations..are they so dumb to not realize the consequences..They should just tell mauli , this hide and seek is yuck ! Almost there the secret almost out then one person knows then the next, I hate the drag factor..
Angels11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Interesting point that u make but so far in most of the EMA based stories I think its the other way round. The guy is married to a demure, homely woman but is attracted 2 a bolder, sexier & intellectually equal woman prob frm similar profession. Usually the stereotype approach is traditional demure woman dont ve EMAs & its the modern ones who are the home breakers BTW this is not my opinion. Any one can make a mistake & its nothing to with wat they wear & their job. Just referring to how EMAs r generally portrayed 😊
sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
According to me Mauli is very beautiful. She brings some vibrant positive energy whenever she comes on screen. Very caring, trying her best to make the people around her happy etc. She has all positive factors and the same is reflected in her face.She has the naughty smile. On the other hand i find Nandhini very dull.I really don't understand what made Kunal get attracted to Nandhini. If i am a man between Nandhini and Mauli anyday would choose only Mauli.
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

They definitely dress down Mauli.But that happens in most serials that leads get best of clothes and make up and parallel leads don't?Is that the reason for dressing down Mauli?Or is it because they wanted to show Kunal getting attracted to a prettier and better dressed woman? There was also a scene in which one of society's lady comes and tells Kunal's family that why have you kept such a beautiful girl around or something like that.

Somehow I feel like CV's are trying to say always look beautiful and be well dressed for your husband or you will lose them to some one prettier.
chirpyhapibird thumbnail
Even after giving best clothes to N and  just ok clothes to Mauli...mauli  steals the show with her pure radiance and love which N simply cant.
The only people who fell for N are abuser rdeep,cheating K , that client to whom rdeep was about to sold N.

character is the beauty of a person.