Please post all articles here!

Cheers
ANDROMEDA😛
Posted: 17 years ago
Barkha gets gossipy
Chaitanya Padukone
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 23:29 IST

Apart from hosting a filmi khabar show, the actor also bags a lead role

Barkha Bisht who has essayed many roles in TV serials including 'Kavyanjali', 'Nimmo' and 'Kausautii Zindagii Kay and the lead role in the Rajshri production 'Pyaar Ke Do Naam Ek Radha Ek Shaam', is currently shooting for Aroona Irani's latest upcoming serial 'Doli Sajaa Ke Rakhna'(Sahara One). "It's an exciting lead role of a simple next-door girl character called Anupama and I am paired opposite Amit Sareen. It was always my dream to work with Aroonaji's productions and it has come true," enthuses Barkha who is also anchoring 'Popkorn Newz' (Zoom).

On 'Popkorn..', she quips, "It's the first time I have dabbled in anchoring-cum-news casting. I enjoy sharing the chatpataa 'filmi khabar. Although it may appear frivolous, I need to sport a 'halo of credibility' around me, lest viewers connect with my newsy fare with a pinch of salt. Right from my college days, verbal communication has always been my forte , so I was keen to 'play myself' for a change instead of a screen-character. I get a secret thrill when I get to know the latest 'andar-ki-baat' gossip in advance."

She adds, "It's a challenge for me to maintain my energy-levels on the 'Popkorn..' after a hectic shoot on the the 'Doli ..' sets."

Quizzed on the status of the legal damages case filed by Balaji Telefilms banner against her, allegedly for being "unavailable for their various TV serials even after prior commitments", Barkha says, "The case is still going on in the courts and I am not supposed to comment on it. But I am definitely not letting the litigation affect my work."

link: http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1066865
Popkorn Newz
Zoom presents an all-new premium one-hour entertainment news show – Popkorn Newz, where entertainment meets news. All the latest happenings, breaking news, scandals from bollywood, television, music, events, happenings, feature stories on the glitz and blitz, when it happens and as it happens, and much more. Join the striking Barkha Bisht every Monday to Friday from 7.30 p.m. – 8.30 p.m.
Barkha gets gossipy
Chaitanya Padukone
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 23:29 IST

Apart from hosting a filmi khabar show, the actor also bags a lead role

Barkha Bisht who has essayed many roles in TV serials including 'Kavyanjali', 'Nimmo' and 'Kausautii Zindagii Kay and the lead role in the Rajshri production 'Pyaar Ke Do Naam Ek Radha Ek Shaam', is currently shooting for Aroona Irani's latest upcoming serial 'Doli Sajaa Ke Rakhna'(Sahara One). "It's an exciting lead role of a simple next-door girl character called Anupama and I am paired opposite Amit Sareen. It was always my dream to work with Aroonaji's productions and it has come true," enthuses Barkha who is also anchoring 'Popkorn Newz' (Zoom).

On 'Popkorn..', she quips, "It's the first time I have dabbled in anchoring-cum-news casting. I enjoy sharing the chatpataa 'filmi khabar. Although it may appear frivolous, I need to sport a 'halo of credibility' around me, lest viewers connect with my newsy fare with a pinch of salt. Right from my college days, verbal communication has always been my forte , so I was keen to 'play myself' for a change instead of a screen-character. I get a secret thrill when I get to know the latest 'andar-ki-baat' gossip in advance."

She adds, "It's a challenge for me to maintain my energy-levels on the 'Popkorn..' after a hectic shoot on the the 'Doli ..' sets."

Quizzed on the status of the legal damages case filed by Balaji Telefilms banner against her, allegedly for being "unavailable for their various TV serials even after prior commitments", Barkha says, "The case is still going on in the courts and I am not supposed to comment on it. But I am definitely not letting the litigation affect my work."
POPKORN CHALLENGE

IS MUMBAI MORE ENTERTAINMENT SAVVY THAN THE REST OF INDIA?

Mumbai is the entertainment capital of India –with its huge film, television and glamour industries. But are Mumbai-ites more knowledgeable about the industries that thrive in their city? Or are the passionate film buffs of Delhi, Kanpur, Kolkata Ahmedabad, or any other city or town better informed about films, TV and fashion? Now there is a way to find out!

Popkorn Newz presents the Popkorn Challenge, where we will find the answer to that question. An all-new concept on Indian television, Popkorn Challenge combines a mobile-phone quiz with the TV show, to conduct a competition to find the most entertainment savvy people in India. Every week, callers can call in to the Popkorn Challenge voice portal, and answer questions on Bollywood, TV and celebrities. If you think you know (or you want to know) the first TV ad that Shah Rukh Khan acted in, or the name of Aamir Khan's first wife, call in and have fun!

At the end of each week, the top scorer from Mumbai and the top scorer from the rest of India will be brought to our Mumbai studios and will face each other in the Popkorn challenge climax, on the Weekend Popkorn Newz episode. The winner gets to take back huge prizes, apart from pride of course!

Associate sponsor & Prizes sponsored by
Prizes worth Rs. 50,000 to be won!

Posted: 15 years ago
thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx