Twice Too Much- An arranged marriage story

anamika_writes thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Hello, this is my first time here,
Presenting to you my first story which is not a fan fiction.
Hope you like it.

--------------

Edited by MsChanadlerBong 

Arjun Shenoy,  

(Name Meaning: white or clear)

CEO of Ritz Fashion House and Magazine.

A 28year old, tall charming man, with a very mysterious attitude. He loved his doting grandmother and had lost his parents when he was quite young. He lives alone, while his grandmother lives with his uncle aunt and cousin brother.

Nisha Singh, 

(Name Meaning: Night)

A hardworking employ at Global Citizen Bank.

A 26yr old, average height girl with her ambition  soaring in the sky and feet on ground. Her grandmother is Orthodox and doesn't like the fact that she isn't married still. Her parents are loving. Her younger brother studies in the London School of Economics.

What happens when a Nervous Nisha meets a Cool Attitude Arjun ?

Sparks?

Or

Fire?

------------------------------------

Please let me know if I should continue posting here. 

You can also find this on Wattpad.

-Anami!

--------
Index

Edited by anamika.writes - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anamika_writes thumbnail

Chapter 1

I walked up and down my room. I could hear the light hearted conversation outside. I glanced at my reflection in the mirror. A simple pale yellow saree with a pinkish peach blouse and a beautiful border. Minimal make up. I looked pretty I thought. But I was still nervous. This arranged marriage thing was a little creepy concept. I wondered how he looked, how he was as a person. I hope he did not drink or smoke. That would make me reject him right away. But that wasn't an open option- rejecting him. My grandmother's friend's grandson he was after all. I sighed, I should simply stop over thinking. I walked out of the room and took the staircase that ran from my room to the lawn outside. I entered the kitchen from the rear entrance and there was a strong aroma of tea. I was flattered by the aroma I was sure the guests who were most likely to be my in-laws would too. 

I thanked Rachana, our maid and asked her to quickly leave before anyone saw her. I set the tray and was preparing to go out when my grandmother rushed inside. 

"Oh, good, you've made the tea. The aroma seems amazing. You never make it so well for me. Oh I see , its for your husband after all. "

"Daadi, please. He is not my husband."

"Shhh...don't be loud. He will be, I told you. I m sure he will like you. "

"But, what if I don't like him?" I asked annoyed trying once again.

"Shut up. The guy is nice. I like him. He is Well mannered and has a good reputation."

I rolled my eyes. No point arguing. This was all a formality at least from the girl's side. There would be no decision from my side only his. I hate him already for that.

I did as I was told. I was always a very obedient girl. My parents loved me very much and were proud of that particular virtue.

With my racing heart and tensed hands, I carried the tray outside. Don't look up. I reminded myself. Don't look desperate to have a look. Smile. 

I was asked to take the tray around. Great! Were they all incapable of picking up one cup? Whatever! I obeyed.

This gave me ample opportunity to see them. His mother was pretty and looked young for her age. His dad had a very composed and kind persona. Finally his grandmother. She smiled widely. I smiled back. The other woman behind this mission marriage the first being my grandmother. I moved ahead and my eyes rested on him. A man well dressed in a three piece business suit, two day old stubble making his face look handsome and a very enchanting persona. I smiled. He looked into my eyes. That look was different. And then he smiled formally. Awkward!

I sat and tried not to look at him. As we spoke, I realised they weren't his parents. They were his uncle and aunt. His parents had passed away when he was young in an accident. I looked up at him. He seemed unaffected at the topic. He ran a fashion house and magazine company,"Ritz".

We were asked to talk to each other privately. I was asked to take him show him around the first floor. I smiled and got up, waiting for him to move. He extended his hand to support me. Well mannered indeed!

I started climbing the stairs. With each step thinking what I would talk. I stumbled slightly as the saree got stuck in my sandals. Told Daadi that the saree was unnecessary! He quickly grabbed my hand from behind providing support. " okay?"he asked in a gentle voice. I nodded. I loved his voice!

What? No! I am not drooling on the man! No! And he is not hot! And he looks average! 

Well whatever.

I showed him the living hall upstairs, then the terrace balcony, then the rooms. I just pointed to mine. And then led him to the guest room. He could see all the rooms he wanted. Not mine!

"So Nisha, what are your professional plans?"

"Umm, I am working at the Premium Banking sector right now, most likely to get promoted to bank manager in a few months."

"Wow, that's nice." He said looking out if the window. 

"I will get you something to eat." I said totally awkward with this conversation with a stranger.

"No Nisha, it's fine. I ain't hungry anyway!" 

I smiled and folded my hands. What should I ask?

"What are your hobbies?" Classic questions that teachers asked students when they get to a new grade. 

He looked amused. "Well, I like horse riding, swimming and cooking in free time. " he smiled.

His smile was sweet! 

No his smile was normal, my mind was running a little abnormally.

"Nice."

"Yours?" He asked his curiosity piqued.

"I, I like .." Skip dancing, skip eating, skip shopping. "Reading," certainly not cooking. 

"And baking." I completed cautiously.

He smiled. Again! 

Cute!

No!

"If you don't mind me asking, have you been in a relationship before?" He asked. Shocking me.

Awkward!

"Ummm, Not really. Just have had crushes. " I said quickly and looked away. This man was so direct and too fast.

"What about you?" I asked without wasting time. Well curiosity always gets irritating after some point so better get the answers before hand.

"Umm. No. I had a girlfriend in like what, first year? Yeah. Dated her for a month or so and then called it off."

"Oh!" Said I. What? One month girlfriend? Why did they break up? That too so fast? Was he into drugs? Was he into illegal activities, ahh, smuggling? Was he a psycho? Certainly did not look like one. Was he some Mafia don? No. That was my mind going too far.

There was a silence.

"Arjun. You don't have a problem of I continue working right?" I asked immediately. My grandmother had forbidden me to mention it. I anyway did. No compromising my professional life.

"Of course not! " he said immediately.

"Thank God!"

"Would you reject me otherwise?" 

I think that wasn't a plain smile it was a smirk. Attitude Alert. Well halfway guessed, he'd have a big man ego. But, he spoke very friendly though. As though he was used to speaking to me.

"Yes. " I said simply, closely observing his reaction. What? No reaction, just a nod? Weird. 

"Umm, so, you stay with.." Before I could complete, he answered.

"I stay alone. On weekends or festivals I go home."

I nodded, wondering why? He seemed to have read my expression.

"I work late at times, get up late so. Many a times I have to attend social gatherings, so shifting out was a good idea. " he said.

"Oh!" Damn. Social Butterfly! Quite opposite to me. Now the nest question, Does he drink? Should I ask? Of course he did, if I judged by his status and work life.

"Anything you want to say?" He asked suspiciously. How the hell did he manage to read my face? 

"No nothing. " I looked aside. 

"So, what do you think?" 

"About?" I asked baffled.

"Us?" He shrugged.

That was too fast. "Umm, I.. Barely met you!" 

"Right!" He said pocketing his hands. 

"Arjun. " the moment I said his name he looked at me with a expression I couldn't read. Was he offended because I took his name?

"Do you smoke?" 

He laughed a little. "No. I don't. " 

"Good!" I had said that aloud. 

He caught it fast. "How are you sure that I ain't lying?" 

I was caught like a deer in headlights. Yeah, he had a point. 

"Maybe because, I have no option but to believe you?"

"You are cute!" He laughed again.

Cute? Like seriously? That was the first time I was called cute! People used words like Mature, sensible, obedient, simple, introvert, to describe me but cute? I blinked. And smiled. A formal smile. Can the world hear his statement?

"Nice meeting you!" He added. 

I simply smiled. "I think we should get going before the others wonder what takes us so long."

He gave a smile, a sexy one. No my eyes weren't mistaken, I hope not. He took an altogether different meaning of that sentence, I could say by his manner. 

"Nisha" he said looking at me. 

"Huh?"

"Nothing." He smiled walking to the door. I followed wondering want was next. I actually like this man. Did he like me too? My cheeks felt warm. No blushing! I reminded myself. 

Darn! I banged into him. "Sorry! " I said looking up, surprised that his face was towards me. Wasn't he leaving the room?

Before I could comprehend. He came closer than I would allow and damn! He moved his lips on mine. What! My eyes grew wide. Was this a dream or nightmare? Hope not reality

-------------------

How was this?

Too fast? Or Twice Too Much?

-Anami!

anamika_writes thumbnail
Those interested can find this on wattpad.
Discontinued here.
shivika_65 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Hi,Can you share your Wattpad username?
anamika_writes thumbnail
Originally posted by: shivika_65

Hi,Can you share your Wattpad username?

anamika_writes