Enforcing Https to make the site Secure

Posted: 5 years ago
Hi All,
As many of you must be knowing that earlier we had enabled HTTPS for our site but it was left optional as we suspected that it might slow down the site but with faster server hardware in place we are now enforcing that all our users browse our site completely on HTTPS.

This makes the site more secure and prevents man in the middle attacks. It will also prevent greedy ISPs who inject their ad script on http sites and risk their users at the expense of us as the user feels we are injecting those ads. 

Apart from this a lot of changes coming your way in form of our revamped site which we are beta testing with selected group of members and so far we have received very positive feedback.

We will also be starting Beta testing for our official India Forums Android native app soon. Work on the iOS app is also progressing well and we should be able to launch both of them in September.

Happy and Safe Surfing... 

Regards

Can't say I understood half of it🤣...but it must be good😊
Vijay sir ,

I am happy to know you are working for the betterment of our home .

Am waiting for our renovated new home patiently ...  .

Please do inform me in case any helping hands are needed. 

I loved the huge banners, better Page lay out  and the bigger pictures, complete  segregation of movies, TV and forums    in Beta Indiaforums .
The display/resolution is much better  and with amazingly superfast speed  ... 

hope once its in full use there will not be any Ads appearing in the middle of our posts and PMs 

please do add new emoticons .. we have been waiting for them for ages now 
Edited by Sutapasima - 5 years ago
Dear VB,
Glad to know that your working towards the betterment of your website IF.

Hope you have found out a way to upload Images / Gif directly to IF website.. through your website and through IF mobile apps.

Looking forward to IF Android / iOS App!

I did some research and now I've a idea what this is about...Approve
I wanna say something too
U see bhai when we CENTER a post from our mobile something weird happens with it...ummm here is a post reference for it

This is not the exact post as I can't copy that one's url...Ouch
The previous of this post is the problematic one...you see if we just edit and update it again the prob goes away but sometimes can't edit it

I did that with this post too

Edited by vijay - 5 years ago
Originally posted by vijay

Hi All,
As many of you must be knowing that earlier we had enabled HTTPS for our site but it was left optional as we suspected that it might slow down the site but with faster server hardware in place we are now enforcing that all our users browse our site completely on HTTPS.

This makes the site more secure and prevents man in the middle attacks. It will also prevent greedy ISPs who inject their ad script on http sites and risk their users at the expense of us as the user feels we are injecting those ads. 

Apart from this a lot of changes coming your way in form of our revamped site which we are beta testing with selected group of members and so far we have received very positive feedback.

We will also be starting Beta testing for our official India Forums Android native app soon. Work on the iOS app is also progressing well and we should be able to launch both of them in September.

Happy and Safe Surfing... 

Regards

Really welcome the move of making the site https. Internet has become extremely insecure nowadays. Malicious sites can anytime steal our data. Its really good that this site will be secure now and users can use it without any fear.Clap
Edited by vijay - 5 years ago
That is really good to know that IF will be getting HTTPS 👍🏼
Plus an android app is much needed with a condition of being user friendly.
I really hope the revamped website does not get the database messed up losing old forums and posts which are about 10+ years old
Originally posted by eufara_naghm

I did some research and now I've a idea what this is about...Approve
I wanna say something too
U see bhai when we CENTER a post from our mobile something weird happens with it...ummm here is a post reference for it

This is not the exact post as I can't copy that one's url...Ouch
The previous of this post is the problematic one...you see if we just edit and update it again the prob goes away but sometimes can't edit it

I did that with this post too

Will certainly look into it so that we can fix the issue.
I have one thing to say that you can improve
. If you have blocked someone then he/she shouldn't be able to scrap you  also😊
Edited by TC_FA - 5 years ago
Originally posted by vijay

Will certainly look into it so that we can fix the issue.

Second to that, Facebook images cannot directly be posted to IF anymore. We first need to upload them to some other image hosting website and then paste the link to IF.
Will it stay this way or will it be updated too?

Besides, it might be a wrong place to ask but it is not clear so far that will posts which contain ONLY a picture will be removed too according to 1+ rule? How many quotes are allowed? Mostly forums had a rule of upto 3 quotes.
Thank you.