Akshay : I don't think anybody besides me can play Gulshan Kumar

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 5 years ago
Written By Aishwarya V  |  Published: August 1, 2018

Mogul, which is a biopic based on the life of Gulshan Kumar, is currently making headlines, owing to which actor will essay his character on the silver screen. The film was announced last year and at that time, Akshay was officially announced as the male lead. 

However, things did not go well between the actor and the makers, and later there were reports of Akshay not being a part of the film. The same was even confirmed by Akshay. In an interview with PTI, he had said that he is not doing the film anymore as he and the makers had a disagreement over the script.

Soon after, there were reports about Aamir Khan being roped in for the role but when Bhushan Kumar was asked about who will play the lead, he said that they have not finalised anyone yet, but they will have a younger star in the film.

Lately, there have been reports that the makers are considering Ranbir Kapoor for the role, and have even approached the actor for the same. Ranbir's latest film Sanju was a blockbuster and hence he would make for an ideal choice for any filmmaker. 

But today, at the launch of Akshay Kumar's upcoming film Gold, he was questioned about who can play Gulshan Kumar now that he is no more a part of the project. To this, Akshay instantly replied, "I don't think anybody besides me."

Seems like Akshay is not quite happy about losing the film and also refuses to endorse Aamir Khan and Ranbir Kapoor as his replacement.

Mogul will be jointly produced by Gulshan Kumar's son Bhushan Kumar and B-town's Mr. Perfectionist Aamir Khan.