Bade Acche Laggte Hai

RaYa FF: A walk by your side! Final Part @pg 5 Updated 13.03.2019

maliha.islam thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Note: i may not be able to update it on a regular basis due to time constraint, still i couldn't restrain myself from posting this as i miss RaYa! 
Index: 

Part 1: page 1
Part 2: page 2
Part 3: page 2
Part 4: page 2
Part 5: Page 3 
Part 6: Page 3
Part 7: Page 3
Part 8 : Page 4 
Part 9 : Page 5 
Part 10 (Final): Page 5

Preview:

A nicely decorated bungalow in Mumbai...its outer surface dropping multi shaded lights...whereas the inner area is furnished with violet and white orchids...the intelligent chicks have arranged for some fragrance free flowers.. while making sure that the glazing decoration looks elegant too! After all, it had to be a larger than life type celebration...though they had no intentions to show it off! The trio just wanted to treasure the day.. capture some priceless moments from their parent's 40th marriage anniversary eve...their parents...who not only had given birth to them..but also blessed them with a Life in true sense...from whom they got to know the true value of a relationship...it's not always about leading lives together...sometimes it's just about living the life together...the elder daughter of the clan tied knot a bit earlier as she has grown up seeing two souls blooming into love...understanding...and mutual respect! The twins are also now happily married...and busy in raising their own kids!

The house which was buzzing with activities few moments back, seemed to be a bit tensed now as the couple who were going to get married for the second time this evening, got missing! The elder one calls her Father in Law, her Mentor: Dad, Mom-Dad have gone missing! We have no clue about their locus! But the voice from the opposite side assured her that her parents must have gone for a walk, they might have not noticed the phone calls, that's why they are not responding!

A Street View Park, Khao Gali -Mumbai,

A couple sitting in a bench, then man seems to be in his late 80's and the lady is somewhere in her mid 70's...the man looks well upholstered whereas the lady seems to be a bit skinny! The gentleman seems a bit clam, concentrating on his I-pad...but the lady is quite restless...noticing the sweat dropping down the forehead of the man sitting next to her...the man of her life...not only is her husband...but much more than a friend...a soulmate he is! On his shoulder, she finds peace, finds a new ray of hope...the light to begin a day!

The man whose eye sight is been a bit weakened now a days...looks quiet dashing with the spectacle! He is observing his spouse who is concerned just because he is sweating due to the summer heat...a lady with whom he has spent a lifetime...who is caring, compassionate and gentle...whose warmth is well enough to make his day...his life partner she is!

Usually, a couple have so much to share on the day of their anniversary...that's too the 40th anniversary...so many memories to cherish for...maybe to share some dormant desires too which are yet to see the lights of fulfillment! Probably those people among those extra ordinary couples who generally we praise off.. but this couple in this bench...is a bit different...or let's say, they are among those few ordinaries who know the meaning of life...who never wanted to be in lime light...they themselves are the lights! They do not feel the need to walk keeping hand in hand in public...they make a walk side by side silently...if one of them falls behind...then other one looks backward,,,, wait for a while so that the other one can match the pace! They value the word Ordinary, instead of living the whole life in a yarn to win the tag named extraordinary!

The lady in the bench..is searching for her specs in her small side bag..the man knew well which section of the magazine would attract her attention...there is a column named RaYa'...the heading apparently meant heaven! This is a very ordinary story of an ordinary couple...still it catches the millions pair of eyes...the magazine publishes each part every weekend though the viewers wanted it to be on a daily basis! The writer who is a housewife in profession, did not want to "sell the concept...that's why she has made sure this gets published in a supplementary magazine that comes along with the newspaper! But the author badly wanted people to read the content too, so that they could start believing in love all over again even in a fast paced world where the emotion called love got somewhere lost in an attempt to possess the person you love! Moreover, the author finds it a moral responsibility of her to maintain the essence of a true story that she has witnessed from so close...that is why she has chosen to pen down the story with the initials of her favorite couple Ra & Ya...together they are called RaYa which also means friendship...after all, friendship shall be the base of any relationship...a relationship which is probably the only tie free from any materialistic bindings!  

The old lady could not find her glasses, her husband comes forward to help her...let me read it today! Today, they published the third part...the subheading says: the first meeting of RaYa! The lady goes near to her man...to know more about a couple that millions of people admire!

Edited by maliha.islam - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

contactcharu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awesome... very well written...
wait for the next part started
iluvusakshi thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
SUPERB. i m loving this already. waiting for next part .
LovingRaYa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
A different start of the story 
Love to read more about it.
Meraloveraya thumbnail
Very new concept di love it 
maliha.islam thumbnail

The people walking around were admiring the couple from behind...what did they actually see in an old aged couple to lionize for? The man in white kurta was breathing a bit faster due to asthma issues...The lady was way too simple...her grey bun got a bit loose..her untidy hair was flowing against the wind...altogether, there was no special sight at all...still, even the teens passing across...were  adoring them...the lady got irked...the man beside her made a laugh...Priya...relax!

The lady: I tell you Ram, this is the major drawback of being the mate of a successful businessman! People from here and there, always peep in!

The man: Ma'am, they are not staring at us because of that!

Lady: then?

Man: they have found something in us that people keep searching for in a relationship for their entire life!

Lady: hmmm! The lady gets busy in searching for the nasal spray in her bag...and finally finds a small pump!

Man: how did you know that I have left mine at home?

Lady: I did not know, but I always keep an extra one with me for emergency!

Man: I know! That's why I always tend to forget the pack at home!

She offers him the small inhaler...he breaths in and finds a bit of comfort to take breath!

He looks at her loose bun...comes near...and tie it properly, seems like he has mastered the method...after all, a years of experience he had acquired.. in tying her loose hair! She glances at his French cut white beard...he looks so elegant with it! If she had believed in love at first sight, she would definitely fall for this old man even at her 70's...but they did not believe in that concept...they would rather go for knowing a person by heart...because...there is always something beautiful about the soul...there is always something precious in the heart...and learning the heart doesn't come within a day..it takes ages! She grew old knowing this person beside her...the passage of life became so meaningful with this man beside! And they find the similar vibe in the couple written about in that magazine lying beside...

The man reads it out for her...

RaYa's first meeting:

Disclaimer: to maintain the personal secrecy, only the short form of the couple's real name has been used in this story...and the supporting characters names have also been reserved on personal grounds!

The old couple reading the magazine, laugh's at the author's pen name: Psycho Mom'...

The couple's (known as RaYa) first meeting was in an arranged set up...the young girl's (Ya) Father was an old acquaintance of Ra's Mother...their parents wanted them to meet each other...They went for a visit at the girl's house...she was the only child of a renowned architect, who had recently recovered from a major cardiac arrest! The man knew the boy's mother since years...her husband was a good friend of him...who passed away years back!

The girl did not like the dramatic arrangement at all...she knew well why her Father has arranged for this meeting...he wanted her to get hitched soon! She knew that she is the only support of her ailing father...and getting married means leaving this old life to suffer alone! How could she let that happen...her father raised her up...he did not ever wanted to marry again after her mother's demise when she was only 4! Moreover, she never really believed in love, marriage or companionship! For her, there was only one form of Love: that is in between the Father-Daughter..that she has seen in her 33 years span of life!

The young man (Ra), who was in his late 40's, was also not very convinced to agree to this meeting, he is in no mood to accommodate a lady in his life! He already had too much to do in life...he had two other siblings, a younger brother and a sister! After his Father's death, he had been tied with the moral responsibility to look after his family...in the course to take further his father's business, he did not even realize that when he had left behind the youthful phase of life! His mother and grandmother were behind him to get married...but he had lot more to do than only living his own life! Now, when he is a well-established name in the industry, there comes thousands of alliance for him...but he knew that people were attracted more to his name than to himself!

Ra's friend has made him to dress up in a golden kurta..which is showing off his extra curves even more! The girl is dressed in a light green salwar suit...keeping her curls lying on her left shoulder...they have sit on the opposite sofa..if you take into account the setup 40 years back, you must have thought of the couple trying to get a view of each other down their eyes..the girl blinking the eyes in shyness and the man scrutinizing the girl with a careful observation! But here we are talking about RaYa! They were looking straight at each other...with an intention to eat up the other one!

The girl's father was insisting her to show her small library (that she had furnished well in the opposite side of the living room) to the guests, Ra's two friends, siblings and to Ra too! All were mesmerized by the girl's choice! In those days, it was so rare to find a mini library at someone's house! Ra's friends and siblings were whispering something into each other's ears...finally, Ra's friends had handed him with a bunch of roses to offer to Ya! They leave the place soon in an act to roam around the luxurious house!

As soon as they leave, Ra came forward to keep the bunch of flower in the side table, soon after he places the flower near to the table the lady was standing, she started sneezing!! The man was left in utter confusion thinking what exactly happened! But in that single course of action, they could feel that they were so poles apart! Probably, it was too late to calculate all these, as they could clearly feel that their parents were so much hopeful about this relationship!

Ya: look, I am not doing this for myself! I am doing this only for the sake of my father...and I cannot deject him at this point of time! I do not know about your opinion, if you want to back off, you are free to!

Somewhere, the man liked the sparks in her eyes...those days, people used to get so disheartened due to dejection and this girl had the courage to talk about the topic so straightforward! She had no regret if such a well-known businessman backs off from the alliance! In fact, she herself was offering him to do so!

Ra: look, I know you have been dragged into this matter just as I am! I would not like to force you, I would say to my family that I did not like you...you too say something as such!

Few moments later, their respective parents call for them in the corner...to ask for their personal opinions! They were blessed by such supporting parents...who could think to get their approval before the final words! For Ya, nothing in the world was more important than her father's wish! Ra had full belief in his mother's choice! They silently nodded yes to the knot even though they were not really so fond of each other!

Writers note: it's not always about how similar two individuals are...to each other! It's all about how you let the other own grow being in your companion! Sometimes, it doesn't matter in the long run, that how reluctant you were to initiate the first move...it's all about how you made it work with time!

The old couple is a loyal viewer of this story...they too were married to each other in such a way...they never felt love for each other at their first meeting...love was such a matter of distant for them at that moment! What is love after all? The sensation that you feel at the first sight? Probably no! Probably it is something that you discover in a journey...that never really sweeps you off your feet...probably...it makes you learn how to walk your way...they feel so grateful that they did not fall in love instantly...as it would be falling for the person only...they feel content as they could love the person within that they have been able to learn in a journey called life!

iluvusakshi thumbnail
me first.
superb.
the past and the present.
beautiful writing.
waiting for next.
maliha.islam thumbnail

Dear viewers, all your valuable feedback and criticism are welcomed as i am skeptical that if i shall continue posting or not! ðŸ˜‰

RaYa's first meet rejuvenates a meaningful phase of the old couple's life...who were enjoying the write up in the magazine...they commemorate their wedding day, a day that was so fated to happen...that did not only start a new chapter in their life...but that day itself had written the book of their life...

The bride and groom sitting next to each other...the bride's face is covered with the clutter of the red chunri...and the groom's face also seems to be indistinct due to the long turban...two souls sitting next to each other in a well-furnished stage...unknown to each other's countenance...not even compatible to each other in any single way! Still, their hearts were drabbing at the same rate...a mixed set of emotions clasping their minds...in an uncertainty that they are going to start a new life together...the same thought manipulating their minds over and over again...would the other one be able to accommodate the prior memories and the people attached to their lives that they had been living since their births?

The wedding veneration starts...the holy mantra adding a peaceful aura in the delightful ambience...the priest calls for the bride's Father to fulfil the ritual associated to Kannyadan...Priya stretches her with uncertainty.. Ram notices from the corner of his head-cloth that her hand was shaking a little...Priya's Father places her hand on Ram's palm...he holds her little finger slightly with his one...finally, both of their pulse rate come back to normal...Priya sighs deeply...they were sitting close enough that they could smell each other's fragrance..somehow Priya liked the scent...though not as familiar as her father's one...but she felt a feel of oneness!

Priya recalls how she had to make the journey of life all alone...there were times when she craved for a shoulder to cry out her heart...though Sudhir Sharma, her father...had always been there as her support system, but there were times when she couldn't share the burden of life with a person who himself was suffering from severe heart diseases! Priya comes back to the present as soon as the priest asks for them to take the Circumambulations in front of the holy fire...Ram offers his hand to Priya while getting up...she thinks for a fraction of a second and then keeps her hand on his...though there was resonance of claps and chants, both of them experienced a heavenly serenity...seemed like millions of angels were blessing them from above...after the completion of the seven circumambulations, Ram fills her hairline with a pinch of vermilion...as soon as he touches her linear, she experiences a sense of warmth and security...a kind of feeling that she had never experienced before...something that she was not been able to gather into words...every evening when she used to walk in the lawn, her father used to accompany her...if she ever tripped, he used to get a hold of her immediately..she knew so well that her father would always protect her from any harm, that sometimes she did not even used to pay attention while walking...a blind kind of trust she and her father share with each other...but suddenly why she encountered a feel of safety with an unknown man? Is this called love? But no! She never believed in love, how could she fall in love with a person who she met hardly three times? When she was too lost to balance out her thoughts, her loose end of the wedding outfit made Ram to slip out...he was about to fall down...but she somehow manages to hold him up..Ram looks above...a newly weeded bride...with a tensed look was enquiring through her eyes if he has got hurt..variety of emotions were visible in her eyes...nervousness...anxiety..restlessness...that all the girls go through during the marriage...but in that pair of eyes...above all, there was concern...if the man next to her was okay or not! He felt like holding her hands tightly and assure her that all was okay! But he did not...he did not attempt to hold her hands...in a crowd...he blinked his eyes instead...she instantly got the meaning and her frowns of concern vanished away!

The old lady tickles her man on his plumped stomach: did you feel shy to hold the hand of your wife? She winks...he encounters: not really, I knew that I don't need to make attempts to grab you...I don't need to show off my rights on you in public...if you are mine, then you are mine, and I knew well that you became mine since then! 

LovingRaYa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
RaYa precious memories of past always brought some happiness and smile on the lovers face moreover they are remincing the past of their marriage now in old age too they are together.
iluvusakshi thumbnail
u write so well. i m in love with this story. plz continue.