Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

paartha thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Please post the update soon. A request, please post longer and frequent updates to the story during this weekend. Thank you so much for this brilliant story!
Sweetka. thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Excellent update di...the way u described abhi's valor it's quite interesting n beautifully written...arjun is tensed for his son's performance n it is a quite natural for him coz abhi is apple of not only arjun but also whole indraprastha n draupadi's eyes...update soon di plz
ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8

My answer reg Arjuna award on Quora

Since the question relates to prestageous Arjuna award that was awarded that is awarded and that will be awarded,I will definitely answer this question for a hundredth time I think.

First and foremost I would like to clear up the age old accusation which is false and which I already negated umpteen times ..still one more time..

This was the sum up I already did in my another post. Kindly go through this.

Anjalikastra released by Partha blazed up all directions.

That afternoon Karna's head got separated from his body with the power of mighty Anjalikastra

Both Karna's body and head separately fell down on earth.

Was Karna weaponless?

Not at all . He fought till the end. He countered Arjuna's astras . Even invoked Brahma stra.

Karna heard what Krishna said..He knew Krishna won't give him extra time.

Then why was he lifting the wheel again? He got his bow beside him since just a while ago he used all astras he had.

How could he be considered weaponless?

If he turned his back to his opponent who was at fault?

Did Arjuna give an assurance that he will wait? No.

The chariot should not be an issue for a warrior. Srirama fought standing on the ground till Matali came with Indra's chariot.

Arjuna fought standing on the ground on 14 th day when Krishna attended on his horses. He tackled whole of Kaurava army including their maharathis..standing on the ground. He did not ask them to stop their attack.

Karna was fatally wounded by the time he met with his death.

Karna certainly died fighting but not weaponless. If he chose not to pick up the bow against Anjalika it is his call.

Karna definitely knew Arjuna will strike...the chariot wheel can not come in between. He could have changed the chariot far before.Why didn't he do so? Why didn't he ask Duryothana for another chariot?

Karna was not struck weaponless from behind. Karna chose it that way knowing fully well what is going to happen next.

I don't know what the questioner meant by fair battle but I definitely know Arjuna killed Karna in a one on one fight which is decisive and righteous.

Now let us check the significance of Arjuna award.

Arjuna Award for outstanding performance

Arjuna Award was instituted in 1961 as the highest national recognition for outstanding performance in Sports and Games in the Olympics, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, World Cup and World Championship disciplines . As per the revised scheme from April 2002, the objective of Arjuna Awards is to recognize outstanding performance of sports persons, at international level only.

With the passage of time, the scope of Arjuna Award has been broadened to cover even more segments and even more categories of sports including sports for the physically challenged. In the meantime, the government had also honored several sportspersons from the pre-1961 era. To provide even more eminence to the award, the scheme for the Arjuna Award has been revised.

So, apart from an outstanding performance during the three successive previous years, the concerned sportsperson should have the dedication for ethics and team-spirit; one should also possess the traits of leadership, discipline and sportsmanship. It is also necessary that he should be active during the year for which the Award is provided.

So the award is meant for that person whose performance is consistent and exceptional

Who is ethically inclined

Who has team spirit

Who has leadership qualities.

Who is disciplined and sportive.

Let us see how Arjuna stands out as the pioneer of such traits.

There is no need to prove Arjuna is exceptional. He had set high standards for his contemporaries by his consistently superlative performances. Fish Target,Khandava dahan,Rajasuya conquests War with Nivata kavachas ,Ghoshayatra,Virat war and Kurukshetra war bore testimony for his performance.

Arjuna followed ethics and always tried to be on the right path. His adherence to dharma is noteworthy. Contrary to what Tv shows project he fought with Bhishma irrespective of Sikhandi's presence on tenth day of war. Bhishma defended him till he fell down wounded. Arjuna always prioritised Ethical living at the cost of personal happiness.

Arjuna is a team player. He always helped others in getting their due. He is ready to share his knowledge with others . All the Yadava heroes like Pradyumna Satyaki and others are his desciples. He always encouraged Bhima,Satyaki and Drishtadyumna by praising them and giving them due recognition. When he goes towards Chakra Sakata vyuha on 14 th day he entrusts Satyaki the responsibility of Yudhishtir's safety. He says he would feel he himself is with his brother if Satyaki stays there.

Arjuna was a born leader..proven since his first battle with Drupada . He took the lead and accomplished the task. He was the one who leads by example. Though Drishtadyumna was the commander over seven akshouhinis Of Pandava army ,Arjuna held the power over him and his inerrant leadership helped Pandavas sail through the Kaurava ocean to get the much desired victory.

Deserves the conception of award on his name.

The above stated qualities are enough to have an award on his name, They are the pointers towards the decision of Government Of India to initiate Arjuna award to sports personalities .Apart from them Arjuna s other virtues also worked in favour of such a significant award named after him. They are

Arjuna's devotion towards his teacher(s).

Arjuna's loyalty towards Drona is a trait that every aspiring young person should imbibe and achieve success. Arjuna was that student who made Drona immortal by his sheer excellence in archery. No wonder that we have Dronacharya award for excellent coaches.

Arjuna's submission towards the cause of family..

Arjuna was a family man. He always placed his family first in the priority list.

Arjuna's friendship with Krishna

A genuine friendship that showed the world how to be ideal friends. Not to forget Gita that got delivered only for Arjun.

Hence Arjuna proved himself outstanding not only as a warrior but also as a person of countless virtues that made him worthy of recognition.

Finally

It is not in good taste to demean such an idealistic and exceptionally talented person like Arjun without batting an eyelid. Surely Govt of India must have done their own research before the conceptualisation of Arjuna Award.

774 Views  
paartha thumbnail
Awesome and detailed post on Arjun. 👏
A great hero who will always be admired and adored.
Arjun stands for excellence, dedication and nobility.
ltelidevara thumbnail
So what did you say? Will you send your son with me to Gurukul? " Drona asked looking at the face of his dearest desciple. Both of them are at Arjun's practice spot. Drona particularly visited the spot where Arjun still practices daily. He is proud looking at his dedication towards archery. No other desciple of his elevated archery to the heights that Arjuna did.

Arjun is confused. How could he tell his revered Gurudev that he  can not live without seeing the face of Abhi immediately after he gets back from his practice spot. He will kiss his son,pamper him much to the frustration of Subhadra and proceeds to his mother holding him on his shoulders.

Then both will proceed to dining place to meet Abhi's much adored jyesht Mata Who will be busy with her work,having Kirti in her arms. Abhi will inhale her fragrance falling over her from his arms making them come closer much to the envy of his other wives. 

Arjun was pulled out of his thoughts by his Madhav who slapped on his back and teased. What? So Abhi will learn from his father's teacher? Great!

Arjun tried to fix his looks but of no use. Drona smiled at Krishna's naughtiness and asked him innocently " So you support my suggestion Keshav? He asked.

Krishna laughed and said...Ofcourse but then you should first visit Parth's training place in the afternoon and check how he trains all the Yadava atirathis Pradyumna Satyaki,Samba along with kids Aniruddha,Prativindhya Satanika Sutasoma And Abhimanyu.

Drona understood the inner meaning of Krishna's words. He nodded his head and said. I am sure Arjun will be a better teacher than me. He has practical experience by fighting more wars which I did not have.. 

Arjuna looked embarrassed and folded his hands. Please don't say that Gurudev. I could never be the teacher you are. I just teach because they came all the wa6 from Dwarika

To be continued
Edited by ltelidevara - 5 years ago
ltelidevara thumbnail
Drona patted Arjuna and assured..Surely I will visit your training place. In the afternoon.
Duryothan and Karna who came that way cast an envious glance on the teacher student duo.Duryothan muttered under his breath. This Gurudev won't change. He is too excited  to be with Arjun.

Karna commented loudly...Still some secret knowledge is left for Arjun to learn. Right Gurudev?

Drona frowned and Arjuna got irritated. Krishna smiled.

Arjuna replied instantly..Angaraj Karn..I still has so much to learn from Gurudev. There is no end to learning process. One life time is not enough to master the science of archery.

Drona got tears in his eyes. What good fortune did he bring in this life to get a student like Arjun..he wondered.

Abhi widened his eyes hearing his father's words. I passed the test? Your Gurudev liked me? He asked curiously hugging Arjun's neck.

Arjun gave a peck on his cheek. Who won't like you? My Guru said you will be a better archer than me. He said benevolently.

Abhi clapped his hands and became serious..But I have to train Kirti. He is not caring to learn. He always likes to be with Jyesht Mata.Pitashri you tell him strictly to be a good student.

Arjun could not control his laugher. As they entered the dining place as usual Panchali is holding Kirti and supervising the maids who are serving breakfast. Subhadra and Chitra smiled at Arjun while Alli greeted him with a besotted look. 

Abhi called Kirti..who reluctantly came down to him. Where is your bow? Abhi asked and Kirti showed the Asan where he kept it.

Abhi pretended to be serious and said...Today you should learn to shoot. You only learnt how to hold a bow.   Every one laughed on seeing the two brothers. 

Arjun told Pari all that with a smile. Pari enjoyed the narration and gleefully went off to attend his music class.

Arjun lied on the grass bed and closed his eyes..The night at Indraprasth stayed in his memory.

Arjun took up Pragati from the cradle and kept her up above. Panchali panicked and shrieked..Drop her down. She is in half sleep.

Arjun side glanced his wife who just took her bath and looking fresh. He held his daughter close and bent over Panchali swallowing the water drops ..Seems you did not dry up your face, Let me do the service. He continued his worship making Panchali lost in his charm
Edited by ltelidevara - 5 years ago
paartha thumbnail
Nice updates, specially loved the conversation between Abhi and Kirti and also between Arjun/Drona. 
Please continue soon. Thank you.
Arjunmesha thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
wow wow wow...
loved both the updates. ...
Arjun and Gurudron <3 ideal teacher student duo ever
and... Abhi...Abhi...Abhi...love you...chhhooo chweet.. ..
Abhi and Kirtii... My Roshogollas...
last part as usual dil chura lia...

please di continue soon...
Divu55 thumbnail
What beautiful updates di...
Guru shishya adoring jodi... Our arjun and Acharya drona...

N abhi and kirti together... They were soo cute...
N last part was sooo nice...

And the info u gave about arjun... Whoaaa... 
Freaking awesome... Loved it to the core... Thoroughly enjoyed the updates and that information...

Thnx soo much di for such stunning updates...
Sweetka. thumbnail
Woww...both d updates were stunning...abhi n kirti, they are so sweet n innocent...krishna always be d saviour of his parth on tough situation...dis tym also arjun overcome from dis situation by d help of his madhav...now wat will happening next
Update soon di...Thank u