Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Gold vs Satyamave Jayate-Which movie will gross more??

Poll

Gold will be a hit and SJ flop/under perform

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
Gold Trailer.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcv0aoOlsLM[/YOUTUBE]

Satyamave Jayate Trailer.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odXKXLG43co[/YOUTUBE]Edited by Thug-Leader - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Elvis12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Gold is a much bigger film ..

SJ is not even a competition .Also with Milap Javeri being the director ,SJ has all chances of going wrong .
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Originally posted by: Elvis12

Gold is a much bigger film ..

SJ is not even a competition .Also with Milap Javeri being the director ,SJ has all chances of going wrong .

agree but things can go wrong.
Gold might turn out to be another art house bore while SJ a masala entertainer.
Although I will probably get disappointed with Gold as I have ridiculous expectations 😆. Not BO wise, but how it is made. Padman surprised me, I thought it will be a good movie but it was really well made. Hope Gold is another Airlift and not a Rustom.Edited by Thug-Leader - 5 years ago
Satyamev Jayate looks crap and outdated. The trailer was so OTT. Reminded me of 90s movies of Sunny Deol.😆

Parmanu would've given a bigger competition to Gold, if released on Independence day, if there was any competition to begin with.

Excel Entertainment doesn't make out-and-out commercially entertaining films. There movies are always niche or have urban multiplex appeal. Gold also looks like a film, which will only be liked in metro cities. 

But still Akki is a Supersrar and John is not even a bankable star, so there is no competition as I said. 

Gold trailer looks good tbh, but I'm tired of watching Akki's deshbhakti films and Sports drama genre. Honestly, YPD 3 would've been a better option for me, if it had also released on the same date, smh.
Edited by Luna46 - 5 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Originally posted by: Luna46

Satyamev Jayate looks crap and outdated. The trailer was so OTT. Reminded me of 90s movies of Sunny Deol.😆

Parmanu would've given a bigger competition to Gold, if released on Independence day, if there was any competition to begin with.

Excel Entertainment doesn't make out-and-out commercially entertaining films. There movies are always niche or have urban multiplex appeal. Gold also looks like a film, which will only be liked in metro cities.

But still Akki is a Supersrar and John is not even a bankable star, so there is no competition as I said.

Gold trailer looks good tbh, but I'm tired of watching Akki's deshbhakti films and Sports drama genre. Honestly, YPD 3 would've been a better option for me, if it had also released on the same date, smh.

that is true, SJ kinda looks like Sunny Deol's Indian type.

Gold's songs are weak, so I am not having much confidence in opening, maybe the regular Akki 12-15 crores opening.
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I think both will do below average... Gold may do well if it gets good reviews.
Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
I think Gold will do better than Satyamave Jayate.
JackOfAllTrades thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Gold looks better than Satyamev Jayate.
Now it will depend on WOM
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Gold v Satyamev Jayate - A One Horse Race

Thursday 26 July 2018 11.00 IST

Box Office India Trade

The big clash is nearing between Gold and Satyamev Jayate and its looking a one horse race as multiplex chains are looking to give Gold a 65-70% share of the screens. This gives Satyamev Jayate a huge problem as it may be able to get good occupancy on the holiday for decent collections but on a normal day it will be low occupancy leaving the collections very low due to limited screens. It will be a similar story at single screens which may collect on the big holiday but are unlikely to collect after that. The film is a mass entertainer but John Abraham has limited pull with masses as has been seen with Rocky Handsome and Force 2 which were similar films.

In fact Gold which does not have the trappings of a mass film could actually open better in the single screens also due to Akshay Kumar though it is more of a multiplex film.

There is a huge difference in the stardom of Akshay Kumar and John Abraham as Akshay Kumar can give a far bigger opening in a non action films against a John Abraham action film for masses even in single screens due to face value.

Akshay Kumar easily scored against Hrithik Roshan on this date when Rustom clashed with Mohenjo Daro a few years back and here Satyamev Jayate is a smaller film and has a weaker cast compared to Mohenjo Daro so it pretty much leaves it with no chance against Gold..

The business is always better in a holiday period so a clash today is always worthwhile in a holiday period so its possible the makers of Satyamev Jayate saw that and decided on the date but its not really a holiday period as the Parsi new year only helps in parts of the Mumbai circuit so in reality you are just getting oneday which is not really worth it.The other reason can be is that the makers of Satyamev Jayate see it just as a front loaded film so want benefit of the holiday but there most of the Independence Day benefit will be wiped out by the clash as the film will not get enough screens at multiplexes.

So despite holiday clashes being a plus for business this one might not come out right as one film is far superior. When equals are involved like a Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and Shivaay and the clash is over a holiday period then both get better results than what they would had they been solo releases on a non holiday release.

The biggest plus for Satyamev Jayate is the Dilbar song which has had record views before release but it has to taken with a pinch of salt as the numbers are easily inflated. The song is a HIT but not as much as the views indicate.

Gold is in a good position as it will get the screens it needs as this film does not need 4000 screens due to the content being more for multiplexes. The biggest plus for the film is a holiday opening day as on a normal day this film would probably not have been a big opener but now the film will get a huge first day audience and then the hope will be word of mouth can work with that big wider audience.
Not only will Gold take a better opening but its pretty much certain that it will also sustain better which will make it a one side clash.

The plus for Satyamev Jayate is the budget but the audience or media does not see that and perception is built on numbers.
That is where its important that either you win the initial battle or sustain better. A bit like when a small film Shubh Mangal Saavdhan sustained better than Baadshaho despite a much lower start and it wins the clash despite the lower numbers.

This is what Satyamev Jayate has to repeat but it will be a huge surprise if Satyamev Jayate does that looking at the trailer.