Real Alex Views

Posted: 5 years ago
This para i am pasting is from one of alexander's letter to his monther olympia.                         
I am involved in the land of a Leonine' (lion-like) and brave people, where every foot of the ground is like a wall of steel, confronting my soldier. You have brought only one Alexander into the world, but every mother in this land has brought an Alexander in the world.
Edited by EtherealRati - 5 years ago
But I read somewhere that this letter describes his Afghanistan's conquest.
Originally posted by EtherealRati

This para i am pasting is from one of alexander's letter to his monther olympia when he came to india.                         
I am involved in the land of a Leonine' (lion-like) and brave people, where every foot of the ground is like a wall of steel, confronting my soldier. You have brought only one Alexander into the world, but every mother in this land has brought an Alexander in the world.

Auntyg and ethereal both of you can dislike as I am ediiting  my post because I made mistake...this is about Afghanistan
Edited by luckySnow - 5 years ago
Aauchh this is about afghanistan I just checked sorry...but there are letters about the values of porus also... 
Edited by luckySnow - 5 years ago
Originally posted by Vaishnavi_

But I read somewhere that this letter describes his Afghanistan's conquest.
nah, its about indians...where i took it from. And porus and alex had verbal wars through letters too when he was standing at hydapses. Porus wasnt any less arrogant as a king than alex. Edited by EtherealRati - 5 years ago
Originally posted by EtherealRati

nah, its about indians...where i took it from. And porus and alex had verbal wars through letters too when he was standing at hydapses. Porus wasnt any less arrogant as a king than alex.

Porus was too arrogant that's why he lost so badly...he didn't listen to his generals and put elephants on front...tabhi se Poras elephant ya poras Ka hathi idiom chala AA Raha hai which means apna nuksaan khud
May God keep you away from the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger, and the revenge of the Afghans.Sorry again but this is the ending lines of that letter...confirms Afghanistan
King Poros of India, to Alexander, who plunders cities:I instruct you to withdraw. What can you, a mere man, achieve against a god? Is it because you have destroyed the good fortune of others by meeting weaker men in battle that you think yourself more mighty than me? But I am invincible: not only am I the king of men, but even of godswhen Dionysus (who they say is a god) came here, the Indians used their own power to drive him away. So not only do I advise you. but also I instruct you, to set off for Greece with all speed. I am not going to be frightened by your battle with Darius or by all the good fortune you had in the face of the weakness uf the other nations. But vou think von are more mighty. So set off for Greece. Because if we had needed Greece, we Indians would have subjected it long before Xerxes; but as it is, we have paid no attention to it- because it is a useless nation, and there is nothing among them worth the regard of a kingeveryone desires what is better.

Originally posted by luckySnow

May God keep you away from the venom of the cobra, the teeth of the tiger, and the revenge of the Afghans.Sorry again but this is the ending lines of that letter...confirms Afghanistan
no idea but from what i was reading, it was mentioned for Indians. 
http://watanafghanistan.tumblr.com/post/7563959916/i-am-involved-in-the-land-of-a-leonine
Alexander was badly injured by the Afghanis...