Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sonam Kapoor says that SLB, Aanand L. Rai and R. Balki

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Sonam Kapoor says that Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Aanand L. Rai and R. Balki encouraged her to take up direction

Sonam Kapoor had said in a recent interview that she wants to direct films. Sonam had said that she would love to direct close friend Swara Bhasker in her directorial debut.

Written By Bollywood Blogger  Mumbai  Published: June 25, 2018 01:47 am  2679 reads  0 comments 

Sonam Kapoor had said in a recent interview that she wants to direct films. Sonam had said that she would love to direct close friend Swara Bhasker in her directorial debut.

Talking about it, Sonam said in an interview to Hindustan Times, "I have found a couple of scripts. They are mostly ready, but it will still take time to work on and finalise them. I think I am going to so something (with regard to directing a film) in a year or two.

She added, "One half of 2018 is already over. That's why I feel it should happen in another one-and-a-half to two years. I intend to continue acting and direct as well- not in the same film, but at the same time. So let's see how things go.

Sonam Kapoor: When I came into the industry, I was shocked with the way things were
Sonam Kapoor: I decided I want to work with people who are nice to me and who DON'T TORTURE me on the sets

She said that directors she has worked with encouraged her to take up direction. "Be it Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Aanand L. Rai, R. Balki or Ram Madhvani- any director that I work with has told me, Please direct (a film). But it's surely not happening right now, as I am too tired from working so much. Touchwood, it's great that I have work, but I need to take some time off to direct. It could be two or three years.

Sonam has signed Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga, The Zoya Factor and Battle for Bittora. "I am also reading a lot of scripts since I have dates for another film around the end of this year, so I am looking for that movie. From now on, I will do two films a year, as more than that will be too much (to handle), said Sonam.