Bepannaah

Zoya Zoya Zoya

jumz86 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Ok so the past couple of days have divided our fandom regarding Zoya's character and I have also actively participated in those discussions, but I wanted to write a post to share my thoughts.
Do I think Zoya does not give her parents enough importance? Yes, absolutely. Do I think Zoya is naive in her misguided scolding to Adi? Yes, I do. Do I think Zoya is silly in her attempts to protect Madhu/Mahi? Of course I do. 

But here is the ultimate beauty of this character:

1. Her unflinching stance for Madhu/Mahi and her unwavering support for Yash is EXACTLY what Adi needs. Aditya has been betrayed so many times, that falling in love again seems impossible for him let alone trusting another soul. And we all know that trust is one of pillars for a strong relationship. If Adi is unable to trust, how will he ever build any relationships in future? And thats where Zoya steps in. She is the only person he WILL be able to trust because he has seen her loyalty in action firsthand. He has been right there through all the times when Zoya didn't budge in her belief. And that is why Zoya is going to be perfeft for Adi, because she is the only other person outside of his family that he will be able to trust after everything he has been through.

2. Zoya constantly getting angry on Adi and taking her parents for granted is cringeworthy for us viewers but its a clear indication of who she considers important in her life. The only people you truly get mad with and fight with are your own family. With everyone else, in laws, colleagues, we tend to be the most well mannered well behaved people ever. Those relationships are fragile. One fight and everything is over. So Zoya only behaves the way she does with her parents and Adi because she knows that these are the people she CAN fight with and be her trueself with without any consequences. 

Thats my thought on Zoya's character. So while I admit some of her actions are hard to digest, her personality compliments Adis in every sense to perfection. This analysis stems from the fact that my best friend is a looot like Zoya and I am a looot like Adi. I cannot tell you how much we have learned from each other in the last 10 years and how much we have grown together. She became an independent, strong woman from the timid, soft spoken person she was, and I have become a lot more humble and forgiving from the proud, egotistic person I used to be. 
Edited by jumz86 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mystique_4008 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Interesting analysis never thought of it in that way I agree with your points. But I do still want cvs to add more layers to her character she is quite mediocre like other serial heroines
Ayraa-MK thumbnail
Beautifully summoned Zoya Character So far.👏 I second ur thoughts
NottingHill thumbnail
Very beautifully put. Like everyone said if more layers are added to her character then she can turn out to be one of the best character of the show.