Ishqbaaaz

Ishqbaaazi: A little rewind and hope for the REDUX

meghal.sancheti thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Hey guys!

I have been a silent reader on this forum and I respect each and everybody's opinions and wishes for the upcoming track. πŸ˜Š But the recent fan wars on this forum and on other social media like Twitter and Instagram have disheartened me. I have been wanting to write a post in defense of my favorite show ever since. 

I started watching Ishqbaaz when I heard about Shivaay and Annika's unbreakable chemistry. I was intrigued. Who was this new pair who was taking up the internet by storm? I quickly googled their names and found a couple scenes online that were wayyy too cute. Finally!! Finally, I had a show that I could fangirl over and follow after months and months of finding trash on TV. πŸ˜‰

Shivaay, the ruthless businessman and his two hawwt and sexy brothers Omkara and Rudra. I loved the bond depicted during the initial days of IB when they cared for nothing in the world apart from each other and the kitchen! Shivaay's obsession with khoon, khandaan and stature annoyed me to the core. Many times, the idea of giving up on the hero because of his self-centered view circled my mind, but Annika's khidkitod takkar made me stay and slowly learn how to love them. In so many ways, she was perfect for him. She was his missing half, hidden in a small alley of a chawl, yet worth millions. Every action of his had a reaction from her and every gesture of his was returned with a gesture from her. If anybody could mentally beat the crap out of SSO it was Annika and if anybody could encourage him and support him in tough times, it was Annika. They were equals, in hate, in support, in thadi and in love. She was his takkar ki Ishqbaaz and their journey on the show has been memorable. πŸ‘

But let's not forget the very important other two heroes that were a steady presence in the show. Omkara, the studious quiet painter in IB, who had a lot of hidden angst and pain from his dysfunctional family, that he channeled sometimes into his art and sometimes into drugs. When I first started the show, I was scared for Omkara. How would he manage to keep the darkness out of his life without succumbing to it and giving up on love? Ishaana was a mistake, in my opinion, because the emotional vulnerability of our beloved Om and the betrayal that he was bound to endure would have pushed him far past where anybody could reach him. Then came his traitor of a father, his mistress and his weak mother who only propelled Omkara into an unsatiable rage to destroy everything in his path. πŸ’” But like a breath of cool air, Gauri entered his life through a twist of fate and soothed his hatred with her love. She became his best friend, his shelter in a thunderstorm. As Chulbul's unfailing positivity or as Gauri's strive to protect him even by giving up her own life, her hope and faith was what he needed the most to let darkness go and let light enter his life. His chirayya, who was always their to support her jattadhari hippie no matter what. In beautiful ways, their story is also about equals. Many may not see it, but their ishqbaazi is takkar ki in friendship and love. β€οΈ

Then there is our Rudi bwoy. 😳To be honest, the beginning of the show had little to offer from Rudra in terms of depth and hero potential, according to me. He was just one of those arrogant poster boys who showed off his abs and won girls hearts like they were tokens to keep. But slowly, I began to see the softness that lay behind the childish outlook. On the inside, he was a innocent child who loved his family. He had never known what it was like to lose someone because of his protected life gifted by his brothers. While Shivaay handled the business and name of the family, Omkara had his taste of reality with Kaali Thakur, drugs and svetlana. But apna Chotu was still inexperienced, raw and dreamy. Which is why Bhavya was the perfect antidote to him. He was a dreamer, and she had stopped dreaming a long time ago. Somewhere in the thirst for revenge, she had lost something as precious as her childhood. She had hardened herself to protect from the loss of family. He had what she didn't and that was what made them perfect for each other. He filled her life with her lost childhood and she gave him the reality that he desperately needed to be able to grow into an honorable man. Together, they were equals in childishness, in love for family and in innocence. β€οΈ

As a viewer, as I stand back and watch the whole journey of these couples in IB, I can't pick one story that leads the show. All of them are unique and charming in their own way. I wish that the Ishqbaaaz redux starting Monday can portray the essence of the three stories that they have beautifully captured till now. I hope that I get to see 6 halfs find each other through trials and stand strong with love. 

Peace out yall!

P.S. A humble request, please do not spread hate towards any couple. This is my interpretation of the characters and their love stories. I am a sucker for stories that start with a strong friendship, so I do have a favorite too. But please do not let it affect your love for other characters. 

I would love to read your comments on your hopes for the upcoming track and what yall thought of my interpretation. 

Edited by meghal.sancheti - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
I've heard only praises of Ishqbaaaz and I'm eager to watch the redux commencing tomorrow. Your interpretation of each couple has made me adore them and I'm looking forward to their journey, henceforth.
UjjuSoulSisIndy thumbnail
Hi Megal...

Welcome to forum.πŸ€—

Awesome post and analysis of all the 6 characters...

Even I think this redux is to properly share the story among the 6 characters of IB which they failed to do it previously...

Hope they come up with strong story which can incorporate all 6 properly this time.

Now it's just time for wait and watch.

LTLFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Its going to be new story and set up going by new entries.Sahil gets a new mom as well. Earlier they could not handle 3 couple stories even with a separate show for omru and later one hour slot. Ab kya karlenge? Redux is promoted as shivika with twist only by the CVs. I don't know why ppl have expectations for others. At the most same group scenes will continue. πŸ˜†
UjjuSoulSisIndy thumbnail
Originally posted by: LTLFan

Its going to be new story and set up going by new entries.Sahil gets a new mom as well. Earlier they could not handle 3 couple stories even with a separate show for omru and later one hour slot. Ab kya karlenge? Redux is promoted as shivika with twist only by the CVs. I don't know why ppl have expectations for others. At the most same group scenes will continue. πŸ˜†

I agree with u when u say makers couldn't handle 3 couple stories in the past even when there was a separate show...πŸ˜†

After IB started and in the course of time ppl felt OmRu were not given their story so separate show was made to show their stories.. but Kya hua...again they showed only one story and the other was shifted to IB within 10days of DBO launchπŸ˜†

One hr slot pee bhi they didn't handle 3 stories... And more kachra happened when it became 30mins...they started writing one story and included all six characters in one story... Only a few times they wrote proper scenes successfully.πŸ˜†

Also, as u said cvs promoted this redux as shivika redux with a twist...I totally agree.

But still I don't believe it..πŸ˜† only because most of the tracks have been promoted with Shivika but within two weeks they start bringing in all six together to same place within one story standing in a line or tangent or circle or parallel lines..πŸ˜•πŸ˜† 

So I don't want to jump to conclusions that it's only shivika story.

For me till the confirmation comes from the makers or episodes, it will be redux for ShivOmRu+Shivika.πŸ˜†