Mahabharat Katha:T#5; Part 55 - page 9 - Page 2

Posted: 5 years ago
https://i.imgur.com/g7vHqEW.png

The epic of Mahabharata is the masterpiece by Krishna Dwaipayan Vyaasa, and the first of his two most famous works. In this endeavour, I'm trying to present the epic for my friends and anyone who is sufficiently interested in Mythology to read their way through four completely messed up threads. 😆
Edited by rai-kishori. - 5 years ago
Part 53

All well in Khandavaprastha. The subjects adored their king and willingly paid their taxes and cooperated wholeheartedly in any venture undertaken by the pandava brothers.

One day, when the court had just broken up, a few Brahmans confronted Arjuna. "Shame on you and your brother the King!" They said. "A few thieves have stolen our cattle, and the government chooses to let us down!" Arjun tried to console them by the Brahmans cut through his words, "Remember, a King who fills his treasury with gold from his men but does not offer protection and sanctuary in time of need, has to bear the consequences of the sins committed by every person in his kingdom!" Arjun supported the faltering Brahman saint, and guided him cautiously to a nearby seat. Settling the ascetic down he said, "Do not fear, Sir. I will go fetch my bow and arrows, and go straight after those thieves that dared to cause trouble in King Yudhishthir's kingdom!"

Upon reaching the artillery Arjun realized that Yudhishthir was inside the room talking to Draupadi. Remembering his earlier vow, to never enter the room if Draupadi were alone with one of his brothers, he realized this was dilemma. On one hand, if he went inside, he would be trespassing upon the privacy of his brother and (for then) his wife, but if he did not on the other hand, there would be questions raised upon the credibility on the Pandava government. After slight deliberation he decided that he could not let his brother's reputation be tarnished and entered the room anyway.

Gathering the necessary weapons Arjun set out behond the thieves. within a short time, he slaughtered the miscreants and returned with the Brahmans' cattle. Immensely pleased, the saints showered blessing upon Arjun, and the other Pandavas while a servant summoned all present, on behalf of Draupadi, to a jolly day's meal.

That evening, Arjun sought out Yudhishthir and said to him, "Brother, pardon me for I entered the artillery while you were alone with Panchali! So, as per our earlier arrangement, I've come to take your leave before leaving for the forests." Yudhishthir looked crestfallen as he said, "But Arjun, your interruption was completely fair. It's only a sin if you enter a room while your younger brother is alone with his wife. An elder brother is like a father and entering the room when your father is alone with your mother is no sin! So trust me, and quit this plan." Arjun smiled in a low-spirited manner, "I wish I could, Jyeshtha, but you, just like Father, have always taught us that we should never compromise on dharma. To retract from your vow is a cardinal sin! But never you mind Jyeshtha, twelve years will pass by in blink. I will be back before you even realize I'm gone."
Edited by rai-kishori. - 5 years ago
Very well written. Will be reading the other parts soon.
Please continue the story soon.

Thank you.
I really don't think I could read the previous threads🤣
But I was a MB fan so I'm going to read it from here only baki ka serial ki tarha hi tha😆

Mujhe humesha bohot ajeeb laga ki room me ghusne k lia isko forest bhej dia😭
I love the pach bhai ek biwi vala concept too but no one writes about their personal lives they just focus on the war ...
I didn't read so o don't know about this one but hope di ap ka main focus war nahi hay😊

Zyada pak pak ho gya😆
Thank you so much for the pm😳
Congrats for the thread Proteeti🥳
Awesome part
Edited by Nonie12345 - 5 years ago
Nice update 
Continue soon ðŸ˜Š
Update after so long Pro:)  congrats on new thread :) 
Omg! When I saw the pm I was like it seems like forever since I saw notification for your story. 
Congratulations for the new thread! Really happy you decided to continue this. 
The banner is beautiful. The update was great as always. 
You know just well how to make your story short and sweet yet not miss the important details. 
Yudhisther comparing Draupadi and himself to a parent figure was awkard thou.  I get that he was like a father to his brothers however calling Draupadi as their mother was wrong. She is their wife too after all. That wasn't a smart reasoning according to me. 
However great job! And looking forward to more of your updates. 
Sam 

@paartha bhaiya, I'm so glad you liked my work! <3

@Sahira, I'm really happy that you liked my work! Speaking of the arrangement, the reason you will find in the previous chapter. The brothers were afraid ke if all of them behaved, you know, like a couple, they might end up fighting amongst themselves like the demons Sunda and Upasunda. And you see, this arrangement was based on trust. And if once this trust was broken this arrangement would not work at all. And this was the reason why Arjun absolutely had to go.

Also, if you like, then you can go check out the Star Plus MB forum. That place if FILLED with the 'family' stories you're looking for. 😆 (Yep, I'm focusing on the war...can't help cause Mr Vyaasa didn't think it okay to pry into someone's private life 😉)

@Goldie di, thank you so much!

@Sansie di, thanks for dropping by hun (aati rehna 😉)! <3

@Sam, awwie, thanks so much mate! Erm, that part was awkward indeed, but you see for that year Draupadi was considered the wife of Yudi only, so that way she was indeed a mother-figure to the rest of them (but for that year only)...🥱