Will viewers accept a second woman? - Page 2

Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by PohaJalebi.

I think nandini hasn't acknowledged properly to herself that she is being abused,that he is wronging her.She says sorry when he berates  and demeans her for daring to think about taking a bus,she does not confront him after he slaps her,she is not even shown to cry or think alone about his abusive behaviour.Why is she like this?We don't even know anything about her parents' relationship or her father's behaviour yet.Her jerk husband did say her parents could not even make her study for long,so a family with financial trouble perhaps...may be even conservative which didn't do much for her self esteem or independence...or may be years of abuse have made her so okay with suppression...idk...they really need to show her immediate family...I hope they will...does she not talk to her mother on the phone...how many days has it been for her in the new city?

May be she has realized that she is being abused and wronged but does not pay attention to it now (because she can't do anything?no support or empathy from parents?)...like in the car scene when he was demeaning her,all her focus was on mouli and if she was following her.

I feel bad for her too...she seems really lost...and is demeaned over everything...what a douchebag of a husband man...he seems to have his own issues too...focuses too much on what others will think of him...and kind of a control freak...what it must be like for nandini as she has to be unsure of her every step around him.This is complete abuse and suppression which seems to have affected her sense of self terribly.
you said exactly what i wanted to say!!
Originally posted by PohaJalebi.

^^I agree that leaving your husband is never easy,I don't know if nandini still feels her love can change him...I think it is more probable that lack of financial independence,lack of understanding from parents/her upbringing or family dynamics which have had a role to play in making her the kind of person she is might be the reasons.
Yes lack of financial independence and family upbringing could also be the reason she is trying to make this work and put up with him.I was generally saying about a lot of women who believe that their love can change their partners and that they would finally start loving and respecting them one day but more often that not that never happens.

I don't get one thing about kunal mauli though...isn't kunal a doctor too who believes in giving all your time for your passion and dreams?...I do find this unfair to mauli...if kunal was alone on his anniversary night then mauli was working too...it's not as if she was out somewhere partying without him...nobody has addressed this in the show yet.
Is it that the work of a gynaec is more demanding than that of a paediatrician?

Yes I feel that too. Shouldnt being a doctor yourself help you realise why and how another doctor's routine would be.  But maybe (I am not a doc so I wouldnt know) a paedatrician and his/her work hours are less challenging than a gynae's atleast as per the show..not very sure. Anyway I dont expect a TV show to use so much logic .My expectations are always really low from Indian tv soaps and that helps. ðŸ˜†
My answers in bold.

Originally posted by Alohomora_

Firstly I don't think you can compare this with DSDT. DSDT started off as a surrogacy story and ended up as some polygamy justifying show which it was never supposed to be about. The whole theme of the show was changed over the course of time and even the main lead decided to quit midway after the changes. What people were expecting from the promos and the show and what they actually got from the show was 180 degrees opposite But here in our case the show is clearly specifying it is about EMA theme. The promos,banners,teasers everything has sent out a clear message about what to expect from this show and what the theme is. Everyone knows the theme is going to be EMA already so those who don't wish to watch it will not watch it from the beginning as they know what will be shown eventually and that it might not suit their taste. On the other hand I have noticed a lot of people, even married women ,willing to give this show a chance and requesting to not judge any of the characters. I think that is the kind of audience the show might be targetting- those who are willing to give the show a chance without being judgemental about any of them. 

Secondly coming to your question. Why doesnt she leave her abusive hubby? Maybe because its not that easy to come out of such relationships and the women still feel that the husband may change for good someday and actually start loving and respecting her or that her love will have the power to change him into a good person some day. There are many such women even in the real world who try their best to make their marriages work even if they are unhappy in them because marriages mean everything to them and love more often than not clouds their judgement of right and wrong.

Thirdly about Kauli being in love and third person fitting in. Most marriages that break up more often that not always seem perfect in the beginning. It is only with time that the cracks,the insecurities and the real problems start surfacing. Here you can see exactly that. Mauli already knows she isnt giving him enough time and he is unhappy about it. She also seems to be insecure after hearing her friend's conversation about whether the same thing will happen to her and whether Kunal would also fall out of love because she isnt able to give him time. There my friend starts the real issue. If you are already having trust issues then there's something not right and needs to be worked on.Ignoring these little things eventually give rise to bigger problems in a marriage .Lots of marriages start perfect and then start falling apart because a lot of times the real issues were never taken seriously and worked upon.Also I still believe if two people are meant to be they will be by each other's side no matter what. And if you arent and your bond wasnt strong enough to begin with then the marriage wouldnt last anyway ,EMA or no ema. Just my two cents on your topic. ðŸ˜Š
nice one Halley Berry!!
As said by some viewers about mauli s insecurities that she isn't giving him time.I don't those r insecurities in first place .Kunal and mouli r in strong love relationship .It's just something bad happens infront of u and plus that friend says same thing will happen with u She gets disturbed .I think it's highly normal as per situation.After watching the promos no where kunal looks out of love with mouli he says he loves her but he feels something for nandini.He doesn't want to break mouli s trust . Let s see how story unfolds . Edited by tanvismile - 5 years ago
Originally posted by tanvismile

As said by some viewers about mauli s insecurities that she isn't giving him time.I don't those r insecurities in first place .Kunal and mouli r in strong love relationship .It's just something bad happens infront of u and plus that friend says same thing will happen with u She gets disturbed .I think it's highly normal as per situation.After watching the promos no where kunal looks out of love with mouli he says he loves her but he feels something for nandini.He doesn't want to break mouli s trust . Let s see how story unfolds .

I agree...she trusts Kunal but fears losing him...Kunal too is human and she understands it
I am new to this forum and I must say I am actually liking the show. I didn't plan to watch it but decided to give it a try as I am a Dhrashti fan. I must say DD is awesome, the pain and helplessness, she shows everything beautifully. Abhinav is doing an amazing job, making me hate him for his behaviour. As for MoNal, they are cute and maybe you could say couple goals. The scene where he got her name tattoed was super cute and the BG that plays for them makes me love the scene a lot more.
But what I don't get is why the cast is saying repeatedly that show is not EMA. When the description on Voot is like this, I don't know how else to define EMA...

Two best friends, one broken marriage, and a dangerously addictive affair! Follow the dramatic twists and turns in the lives of Mauli, her husband Kunal, and her best friend Nandini. What happens when the unhappily married Nandini realises that the mutual admiration between her and Kunal has turned into fatal attraction? Will friendship be forsaken for love? Will one woman's happiness becomes another woman's heartbreak? Find out in Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka.
Edited by Priya_18 - 5 years ago