Nimki Mukhiya

Angels and demons - Page 2

dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
This content was originally posted by: aparnauma

I thought at least seeing BDO lying on the road will wake up some humanity inside Tettar and his Jamai.

Nimki ran like Paro did. The way she ranI thought she would say that she won't be able to live if something happens to BDO😛 but she kept telling herself that she won't forgive herself if something happens to BDO. Wonder why she holds herself responsible for BDO's plight. She didn't do anything to put him in the line of harm.She found out who the culprit/s is/are and tried to contain him/them.

I liked the innovative punishment she came up with. That is the only form of punishment which will damage their interests. There is no point going to police or file complaints and cases against them. They will get out on bail if arrested or drag the court cases endlessly.

Why was BDO reacting this way?What will he get out of going to police or complaining to his superior about this?It was very thoughtless of him to react in this aggressive manner. He never paused to think what would happen to his daughter if some harm came in his way.

---------------
I think that scene where Police where troubling Tunne is overdone.These writers frequently over do things while writing their scenes.It feels like they squeeze the lemon too hard at times.

The scene from the previous episode which had Babbo Nimki conversation -I don't really care about Babbo and Nimki love story at this point because both are equally immature.She knows the reality and she is being patient to get what she wants because at this point in life she wants Babbo's love and Anaro's acceptance and that she will not get by fighting for them and thankfully she knows that she cannot forcefully make them accept her.She want them to do it voluntarily.Glad that CVs finally gave the answer to that frequently posed question about why Nimki is not standing up for herself and her rights in Haweli.

I'm also glad that the makers are making it clear that it is the change in the attitudes of Tettar and family towards Nimki and life that they want to focus on more than showing them getting punished for the same. 

------------
Anaro and her youngest son are so full of delusions of grandeur that they don't realise that their power in the society is diminishing. It is very satisfying to see them fall flat on their face in episode after episode. 

Are you serious?Abhimanyu was thoughtless because he was trying to get justice for his daughter and other victims but Nimki was innovative with western commode even if Ghattola lacks basic infrastructure? Not compensation. Not jobs. Not water connection but commodes?  ðŸ˜†
Installig commodes will cost at least 10,000 per toilet and this I  am assuming each house already has a septic tank.This money in cash would have been more helpful.
So, what should have Abhimanyu done about it? Wait till Nahar accepts his mistake voluntarily because such cases run for years? He should feel blessed to have received a commode as a compensation or as a token of acceptance ? 

Oh well, she did harm him a lot.  First she let the cover up happen. Second she also let Tettr know that BDo too has the audio clip. Third she didn't let BDo know that Tetar knows about it despite of knowing what BDo wanted to do with the audio clip. Unless she believes Abhimanyu was out there to get more commodes from the DM in exchange of the audio clip there should not be any reason why you think she wasnt responsible. Even Babboo said the same thing but she ignored a genuine warning out of her habit.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: leavesandwaves

If crimes are punished by this method, then why do we have courts and judges and criminal justice system?  I am talking about nimki's idea of providing WCs to the villagers without proper infrastructure.

And any straight thinking officer will do the same as Abhimanyu did. Duty comes first for them. That should be the right attitude. If soldiers start thinking about their families, will they be able to give 100 percent?

Tettar's family's punishment should be more severe than simply accepting Nimki. It is not about Nimki only.

I'm not saying that criminal justice system are irrelevant.I'm talking about the rate of convictions in these cases and the effectiveness of the punishments handed out by the criminal justice system we have.Most of us do have  very little faith in the system because of these two things.

These kind of innovative methods making the offenders pay for the crimes they did would keep the offenders in check.That's something many of us believe.I'm glad that the CVs did bring up this idea. It would be nice if this happens in real life too.

BDO has not achieved anything except putting his life in danger and almost making his child an orphan in this bargain.If BDO wanted to do something he could have used a different approach.BDO has now become like Sweety with all anger and frustration and no coherent thoughts about how to solve the problem. Now I believe that BDO and Sweety are made for each other.But anyway now with this twist they ensured that Abhimanyu can't do anything in this matter.

Tettar Family accepting Nimki is not just about Nimki the person alone it is about accepting the fact that their community is not alone born to rule and enjoy the privileges of the land.It is about accepting the fact that they are all equal according to the law of the land.It is about social justice.
Social justice cannot come from enforcement.It comes with change from within.
If not Nimki it would have been Jhumri who they would have exploited.Nimki thinks by changing their attitudes about her she can bring out change in a small way. 
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: aparnauma

I'm not saying that criminal justice system are irrelevant.I'm talking about the rate of convictions in these cases and the effectiveness of the punishments handed out by the criminal justice system we have.Most of us do have  very little faith in the system because of these two things.

These kind of innovative methods making the offenders pay for the crimes they did would keep the offenders in check.That's something many of us believe.I'm glad that the CVs did bring up this idea. It would be nice if this happens in real life too.

BDO has not achieved anything except putting his life in danger and almost making his child an orphan in this bargain.If BDO wanted to do something he could have used a different approach.BDO has now become like Sweety with all anger and frustration and no coherent thoughts about how to solve the problem. Now I believe that BDO and Sweety are made for each other.But anyway now with this twist they ensured that Abhimanyu can't do anything in this matter.

Tettar Family accepting Nimki is not just about Nimki the person alone it is about accepting the fact that their community is not alone born to rule and enjoy the privileges of the land.It is about accepting the fact that they are all equal according to the law of the land.It is about social justice.
Social justice cannot come from enforcement.It comes with change from within.
If not Nimki it would have been Jhumri who they would have exploited.Nimki thinks by changing their attitudes about her she can bring out change in a small way. 

It is like blood money or bribing the system so that rich can get away and poor can go to jail for the same crime.

Bdo is the only sane element in NM. He is respected and he is feared. He did not expect that Nimki has told about his having the record. If she had kept quiet, he could have met DM without any problem. It is entirely Nimki's fault. 

I dont think Nimki married Babbu with the noble intention of changing them. It is for selfish reasons.
And their crimes cant be minimised just for the sake of Nimki.
Why to give Nimki credit just because she is the lead? Her weakness for Babbu and her vanity makes her do morally and ethically unacceptable compromises. 

The mistake Bdo did was not to forward that video to some 10 people like his secretary, DM and media. He could have asked nimki to keep it a secret and asked her to destroy her video as a precaution. So he is not faultless either.

Edited by leavesandwaves - 5 years ago
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
The Govt, the Parliament and the Judiciary together form a democratic system. Just because judiciary is corrupt we are acknowledging another corrupt wing t resolve a case through corruption. Yes, I agree such cases might run really long but people at least know about it and use their voting powers wisely .For example, lets take the example from Bohar itself. The SLP is RJD whose president is in jail. Now, at least he is not the PM candidate for 2019 elections. 
Such solutions happen in real life too but those are civil cases. This is why a Panchayat is elected for where small issues can be resolved without going to the court. But there have been cases where Panchayat solved rape cases also by making the victim marry the rapist. So, sorry innovative solutions for cases like this only because judicial process is flawed is seriously not accepted.

I agree @ leaves. She wouldn't have done the same thing if it wasn't Tettar's party and Tettar didnt have the MLA ticket. She didnt take this decision because she thought the judiciary or the system is flawed and the case will run for years. Besides, she used Kundan's money to donate commodes in the name of Tettar Singh. 

Even if Tettar and co accept Nimki, how wil it benefit Jhumri whom they wanted to burn to gain sympathy votes or Daliya whom they wanted to murder? How will it help the victims of Chatt puja massacre? Unless the show is a love story I think Tettar and co deserve punishment for what they did. Social acceptance or not but it will help other women in the long run. one Nimki can fight casteism and discrimination and she survived because she is a Mukhiya. Others will die in some other place by some other uppercaste people. Social justice should mean enforcement of law also. Right to equality has to be enforced whether people agree it to or not. The law of the land cannot wait till these people are enlightened by someone.If Gandhi couldn' stop it and Kabir's teachings too failed how come Nimki change the outlook? This infact will encourage women in hoax marriages or victims of domestic violence to be hopeful someday thy will be accepted.

Only way social Justice can be achieved in this case is by showing the lead walking out of this meaningless marriage. It will remain as an examplw that everyone has the right to reject and its not for the Haveluwalas alone. This actually will humiliate the Tettar clan. 

Abhimanyu would have been fine if Nimki had kept quiet. He is not one who loses his cool easily. He took the right decision and it would have worked also.