Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Aamir was offered Sunil Dutt's role

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 years ago
Tuesday 22 May 2018 | 4:37 PM | By Adetee

Rajkumar Hirani's Sanjay Dutt biopic 'Sanju' starring Ranbir Kapoor in the lead is making all the right noises and is one of the most anticipated movies of recent times. The uncanny resemblance that Ranbir carries of Sanjay in the movie is something to vouch for.

While there is an ensemble cast in Sanju right from Tabu, Manisha Koirala, Anushka Sharma, Sonam Kapoor, Dia Mirza, Karishma Tanna, Jim Sarbh, Vicky Kaushal to Paresh Rawal, what recently we got to know that it was Mr Perfectionist Aamir Khan who was earlier offered the role Paresh Rawal. Paresh is playing Sanju's father Sunil Dutt in the film. But apparently, Aamir turned down the offer.
When Rajkumar Hirani who has earlier directed Aamir in the super hit film PK was asked about the same, he said, "Aamir is a friend. Any script I write, I bounce it to him. When I narrated 'Sanju' to him, he loved it and said, 'Main bhi kuch karta hoon (I should also do something).' Then I said, do this (Sunil Dutt's role). But he was already doing the role of an elderly man in Dangal around the same time."
No doubt Paresh Rawal is a fine actor and we like his acting but we certainly missed on seeing Mr Perfectionist Aamir Khan portraying the role as not only he looks his characters, but his diction to is not influenced and it goes as per the character he plays.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 years ago
His ego couldn't take a backseat 😆 😉