Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Did you know this actor was offered the role of Sunil Dutt in Sanju?

Just_Say_Cheese thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 years ago

Here's why Aamir Khan refused Sunil Dutt's role in Sanju

Here's why Aamir Khan refused Sunil Dutt's role in Sanju

One of the most awaited and highly talked about films of the year is Rajkumar Hirani's Sanju, a biopic on superstar Sanjay Dutt. The film will follow the life of Sanjay Dutt, which has been a roller-coaster ride, to say the least. The film sees Ranbir Kapoor in the role of Sanjay Dutt, Manisha Koirala as Sanjay's mother, yesteryear superstar Nargis, Paresh Rawal as Sanjay's father, yesteryear superstar and filmmaker Sunil Dutt etc.

It was reported that actor Akshaye Khanna auditioned for the role of Sunil Dutt but couldn't get the part. But did you know before Paresh Rawal, or even Akshaye Khanna, Aamir Khan was offered the part of Sunil Dutt in the biopic?

Director Rajkumar Hirani shared this trivia in his recent interview with Outlook. When asked about the reports that were doing the round about him offering the film to Aamir Khan, Hirani revealed it to be true. 

He said,

Aamir is a friend. Any script I write, I bounce it to him. When I narrated Sanju to him, he loved it and said, "Main bhi kucch karta hoon (I should also do something in it). Then I said, do this. But he was already doing the role of an elderly man in Dangal (2016) around the same time.

So, it was because of Dangal, Aamir had to let go Sanju. And it's actually fair enough, Aamir played a father in Dangal,  it would've been a repeat of sorts.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
wasn't Sunil taller than Sanju??
Aamir and Ranbir height difference is huge.