NAUSHAD-MEHER HAQ SE : JUZZBAATT Updated on 10.8.2018 - Page 3

Posted: 5 years ago
Originally posted by jasminerahul

sad that bano died.i didn't want her to die in your ff. very sad.nauahad meher conversation was touchy.I liked him apologising though meher was indifferent. he thinks why she didn't tell him the truth if it was true but like she said she was raped.not a domestic voilence case like naushad faced. so it's not easy for her.he should understand it.till now it was just like haq se. now the real story starts.i am curious to know how you will take their story forward .

sad that bano died.i didn't want her to die in your ff. 

Even I never thought I would show her dead ever. πŸ˜­ But my fovus was on Naushad-Meher's last scene, and for doing so I had to show the death scene of Bano's. Of course I didn't showed it exactly but anyways portrayed her as dead.😭

very sad.nauahad meher conversation was touchy.I liked him apologising though meher was indifferent.

Yes the apologizing was apt! πŸ˜Š

he thinks why she didn't tell him the truth if it was true but like she said she was raped.not a domestic voilence case like naushad faced. so it's not easy for her.he should understand it.

Agreed! 

till now it was just like haq se. now the real story starts.i am curious to know how you will take their story forward .

😳 Hope you enjoy the further story too. πŸ˜³
Edited by RNpoint1857 - 5 years ago
Chapter 7

Next morning Meher gets ready and collects her bag and other files. Seeing her ready, her mother asks,

"Meherunissa, kahan ja rahi hain aap?"

"Hospital!",

she says plainly, collecting her files.

"Kya? Katayi nahi! Aap ab uss hospital mein kaam nahi karengi.",

declares her mother.

"Resignation letter dene hi ja rahi hun.",

says Meher, with no feelings, what so ever.

This shocks one and all.

Finding everyone gone quiet, Jannat chooses to break the ice,

"Ahm... waise kisi ne Amaal ko dekha?"

"Haan Amaal kahan hai? Wo kal bhi nahi thi? Itna sub kuch ho gaya ke dhyan hi nahi gaya ke uske barey mein puchun.",

says their mother.

"Wo modelling karne Kashmir se bahar gayi hai. Jab kuch bann jayegi tab hi lautegi.",

says Meher, plainly, checking something in her bag.

"Allah!!!",

swears their mother, shocked!

Placing her hand on her chest she sits on the sofa with a thud, emotionally broken all over again.

Instead of sympathizing, Meher gets irritated and asks her Ammi,

"Kya hai Ammi? Kya zaruri hai sub ko apne paas bandh kar rakhna?"

Shaggo and Jannat stare Meher in disbelief. But they do understand her state as well.

"Ye uski zindagi hai usse jo theek laga usne kiya. Bachhi nahi hai wo.",

says Meher.

"At least ab bachhi nahi hai I am sure.",

mummers Meher, thinking about what happened last night.

"Apko ye kaise pata ke wo modeling ke liye gayi hai? Aap ladkiyan humse har baat chupati kyun hain?",

scolds their mother.

Meher stares her out of irritation. Without answering, she gets back to her room.

"Meherrr...",

calls her mother finding her attitude weird.

Meher returns back within moments and taking her Ammi's hand she forwards it and places the letter from Amaal that she found under the flower vase. She read it and took it kept it safely with her knowing that she'll need it later.

She stares her mother. Her mother reads it and again gives expressions of shock. Meher rolls her eyes.

"Khair Ammi mujhe abhi jana hai. Aur mera bilkul mood nahi hai iss baat par behs karne ka.",

says Meher, pissed off.

All look at Meher in shock. Meher has never talked to her Ammi in this manner. What has gotten into her this morning?

Her mother understands that she needs to calm down to deal with Meher.

"Meher, beta please akele mat jaiye. Jannat ko bhi saath le jaiye.",

says their mother, politely.

"Ammi!",

says Meher, irritated.

"Kya ho raha hai?",

comes their Khala's voice.

All hug her one by one.

"Aap akeli ayi hain Fatto?",

asks their mother, politely.

"Professor Sahab ko bhi ana tha par ain waqt mein college mein ek meeting aa gayi to iss liye unhe jana parha.",

says Fatto.

As she ends up saying so, her eyes falls on Bano's musical instrument and she gets emotional. Everyone present there gets emotional.

"Kyun chali gayi humein chor kar aap, meri bachi?",

cries Fatto.

All get emotional.

Meher looks heavenwards, not letting the tears to fall by any means. She is fed up of crying!!!

Feeling suffocated there, Meher says,

"Ammi main chalti hun!"

"Meher!",

calls Fatto from behind, out of surprise.

Meher shuts her eyes tight, knowing that now she'll have to explain her as well!

Slowly she turns to look towards her, nervously.

"Kahan ja rahi hain aap?",

asks Fatto, knitting her brows.

"Khala please ab aap mat shuru ho jaiyega. Maine abhi Ammi ko samjhaya hai. Ab mujh mein itni taakat nahi ke apko bhi samjhaun puri baat. Please Khala...",

requests Meher, earnestly.

Walking to her, Fatto cups Meher's face and tells her,

"Bacha humari khushi apki khushi mein hai. Agar aap salamat rahein usse badi baat humare liye kuch nahi hogi. Aur beta abhi apki tabiyat theek nahi hai. Abhi apko apne apno ki dekhbhal aur bohot sarey rest ki zarurat hai."

Holding her Khala's hand in between her palm, Meher explains her,

"Khala yakeen maniye main theek hun. Please mujhe janey dein."

"Par beta..."

At this Jannat intervenes,

"Ahmm... Khala, Meher ke saath, main bhi ja rahi hun."

Jannat and Meher stare each other. Meher through her eyes pleads her to let her go alone. But Jannat remains adamant at her decision.

"Chalein Meher?",

she asks politely.

Having no other choice, she gives in and leaves with Jannat.

~*~*~

At the hospital

As Meher reaches Naushad's cabin, she feels nostalgic - from here it all started! She controls her emotions and knocks the door of Naushad's cabin, nervously.

"Come in!",

comes his voice from inside and it skips Meher's heartbeat.

Nervously still, slowly she pushes the door open and slowly looks towards him. Her heart skips another beat as she discovers him given her that one look that always makes her to go weak on her knees. Why is he doing so now, after everything?

Feeling awkward and hesitant, Meher lowers her eyes. But Naushad continues talking to the caller, never looking away from Meher,

"Theek hai main waqt par pohnch jaunga, aap chinta na karein. Okay. Thank you. Bye.",

saying so he ends the call, never looking away from Meher.

Meher feels self conscious.

"Ayiye Dr. Mirza, please baithiye.",

he invites her in politely.

This wasn't the kind of attitude that she was looking forward from Naushad! Why is he being so polite to her?

Never mind! She wouldn't pay much heed to him now.

"Nahi it's...",

she begins to say but gets intervened by Naushad,

"Dr. Mirza I insist!"

Wow! They are back to square one - Dr. Mirza and Dr. Rizvi. Fantastic!

Meher obliges!

Staying quiet, Meher forwards her resignation letter. Accepting which Naushad says politely,

"Apne aane ki zehmat kyun uthayi, Jannat ko bhej diya hota."

Meher stares him, shocked! Is he for real? Why the hell is he being polite to her now?

"Ahmm... it's okay waise bhi mujhe bus ye dena tha apko.",

says Meher.

"Kya hai ye?",

asks Naushad, knitting his brows.

Meher stares him,

"Jis barey mein humne kal baat ki thi."

Naushad stares her in horror!

"Mera resignation letter!",

she declares, looking straight into his eyes.

Naushad keeps the file down, never looking away from Meher.

"Meher please... aap humare darmiyaan ke difference ko apne professional life ke adey kyun aney de rahi hain?",

asks Naushad, knitting his brows.

"Life?",

asks Meher, laughing sarcastically.

"Zindagi bachi hi kahan hai ab Dr. Rizvi?",

says Meher, feeling nothing!

But her words pierce his heart.

"Main ye isteefa reject karta hun!",

says Naushad, clearly.

"Apki problem kya hai? Pehle aap mujhe ye naukri nahi dena chahte the; ab mujhe janey nahi dena chahte.",

says Meher, knitting her brows, pissed off, looking straight towards Naushad.

"Tab mein aur ab mein fark hai.",

says Naushad, staring her, his voice soft.

"Iss baat ka mujhe ilm hai.",

says Meher, sorrowfully.

"Bohot fark hai tab mein aur ab mein!",

she repeats his words with a slight change, looking straight into his eyes.

"Mujhe ab chalna hoga. Khuda hafiz!",

saying so she gets up to leave that Naushad addresses her,

"Meher..."

Meher turns to look towards him.

He slowly, never looking away from her walks to her. Meher's breath hitches. It gets difficult for her to end the eye contact.

"Kya hum kuch der baat kar sakte hain? If you don't mind?",

he asks her reaching close to her.

Her heartbeat picks up pace as it becomes difficult for her to stay such close to his proximity. Already since getting raped she has been trying to stay at a distance from males. She doesn't understand why standing around males make her uncomfortable now. And now it's Naushad! With Naushad it is slightly different. She gets into a dilemma! She feels secured when he is around! She craves to hug him tight! She craves for him to hug her! But she knows he doesn't believe her. And hence she calms down her cravings.
He will never understand - she concludes and takes a deep breath.

It becomes unbearable for her to control so many emotions. Hence, tears roll down her cheeks. But that's a routine these days, isn't it? Tears spill down every now and then from her eyes without any reason. Her mind faces a constant havoc because of innumerable tension and thoughts that go round her mind. More than physically she gets mentally tired.

It hurts Naushad to see her crying. He takes his right index finger to wipe off the tear rolling down her left cheek. But before he could wipe it off, Meher who senses what he is about to do pushes his hand off, never looking towards him.

"Jhooti humdardi dikhane ki zarurat nahi hai. Mere juzzbaatt aap kabhi nahi samjh sakte. Aap kariye aitbaar apne apno par.",

says Meher, her eyes lowered, her head turned towards her right.

Never looking away from her, Naushad says,

"Aap bhi to meri apni hain?"

She shuts her eyes tight, fresh tears roll down her cheeks. In between her sobs, she says,

"Nahi hun main apki kuch. Kuch bhi nahi!"

"Fir to aap Aliya ki bhi kuch nahi hongi, right?",

asks Naushad.

Remembrance of Aliya makes Meher to cry all the more.

She looks towards him, crying, she pleads him,

"Mujhe Aliya se durr mat kariye please..."

"Meherr...",

says Naushad, his own eyes well up.

Meher cries bitterly.

Unable to control himself any longer, Naushad embraces her into a tight hug. Meher hugs him back tight. She needs him so much at this moment! How can she make him understand this? She cries bitterly.

"Apko mujh par chahey aitbaar na ho, par Aliya ko please mujhse durr mat kariyega.",

she pleads again, whilst hugging him tight.

"She heals me Naushad!",

confesses Meher.

The confession touches Naushad's heart. He hugs her tight. His own eyes well up, but he controls, looking towards heaven!

Suddenly Meher gets out of her reverie. She realizes what she is doing. She is in Naushad's arms, hugging him! She couldn't control her juzzbaatt, why?

She pushes him lightly, indicating him to let go off her. Naushad opens his eyes and realizes what they are doing. He slowly leaves her.

Meher rubs off her tears, never looking towards Naushad, gaining back her composure.

Naushad too slowly tries to gain his composure. And looks towards Meher, sheepishly!

Clearing his throat, Naushad offers,

"Ahmm... ayiye main apko ghar chor deta hun."

She says,

"Jee nahi Jannat mera bahar intezaar kar rahi hai!"

This makes Naushad to widen his eyes, they just had a conversation where he said her that she could have sent Jannat, and she didn't react much and now she is saying, she is waiting for her outside?

Meher looks towards him, understanding what he must be thinking. Then lowers her eyes.

"Ahmm... chaliye main apko bahar tak chor deta hun!",

he offers next.

"Ji nahi uski koi zarurat nahi hai, main chali jaungi.",

replies Meher, still not looking towards him.

"Please I insist.",

he says.

"Main...",

she begins to protest again, that Naushad intervenes,

"Kyun mana kar rahi ho tum Meher? Sirf bahar tak hi to chorne ja raha hun? Aur waise bhi aaj akhri baar ja raha hun, kal se to tum waise bhi nahi aa rahi!",

his tone indicates how pissed off he is.

Meher gets scared. Why is he getting angry on such a minor thing?

"Aap mujhe samjh nahi aatey!",

confesses Meher, looking towards him

Her confession, out of blue, skips Naushad's heartbeat. He stares her for sometime, then says, all serious, as if in a dilemma,

"Yakeen maniye Meher, jab se apse mulaqat hui hai, tabse main khud khudko samajh nahi pa raha!"

This skips another of Meher's heartbeat. Her heart clenches. Her heartbeat picks up pace. They keep staring each other, all serious.

(Naushad-Meher's tune begins)

Clearing his throat, Naushad lowers his eyes. Meher lowers her eyes too.

"Chalein?",

he asks politely.

Meher without looking again towards him, out of hesitation, moves forth slowly.

And together they reach Jannat. Discovering Naushad at first makes Jannat to knit her brows but soon she notices their eyes reflecting their juzzbaatt for each other. A secret smile of satisfaction comes on her face. Despite the heated conversation with Naushad, deep down Jannat still trusts him.

"Hello Jannat, kaisi hain aap?",

asks Naushad, politely, reaching her.

Smiling politely, Jannat replies,

"Theek hun. Aap?"

Naushad smiles and his smile conveys Jannat his mental state because of this chaotic situation.

"Ahmm... Jannat if you don't mind to kya main aur Meher kuch der saath reh sakte hain?",

asks Naushad, looking confidently into Jannat's eyes.

This skips the heartbeats of Meher and Jannat alike.

Meher turns to look towards him, they never planned this. Why did he say that? Naushad ignores to look towards Meher, staring Jannat confidently, bearing a polite smile on his face.

Meher then turns to look towards Jannat, to indicate her through her eyes to say 'no' to Naushad. But Jannat ignores looking towards Meher, completely aware of Meher's thought regarding this. While Meher keeps staring Jannat, Jannat and Naushad stare each other. Jannat smiles and says,

"Sure! Mujhe waise bhi Azi ka call aya tha. Actually I am glad ke apne ye kaha. I was wondering main apse kaise ye favour mangu ke aap Meher ko ghar chor dein. Wo darasal ghar janey ke liye humein left jana hoga; and Azi ne jahan mujhe bulaya hai uske liye mujhe wo right mein hai. Actually I left few important papers with him wo bhi usse lena hai. Oh god!"

Smiling, Naushad jokes,

"Left... Right... Left... ye ho kya raha hai?"

Jannat blushes. Meher keeps her eyes lowered. Jannat lips Naushad a 'thank you'! Naushad blinks his eyes in understanding, smiling.

"Ahmm... theek hai badi main chalti hun. Tum apna khyal rakhna.",

says Jannat, looking towards Meher.

Meher nods in affirmative.

"Ahmm... aap paas hi mein kahin ja rahi hain?",

asks Naushad.

"Haan bus paas hi hai!",

replies Jannat, smiling politely.

"Ahmm... ayiye main uss chaurahe tak chor deta hun. Let's walk together if that's fine with you?",

smiles Naushad.

"Nahi wo...",

Jannat begins to protest but Naushad widens his eyes secretly, as a gesture of asking her to stop the protest.

Jannat understands and stops abruptly! Then looking towards Meher, she says,

"Bye Meher! Khyal rakhna."

Meher unaware of what's going on in front of her eyes, nods into affirmative and goes into a deep thinking forgetting about the world.

As Jannat and Naushad walk together, they indulge into a conversation. At first Jannat's expression is that of shock! She protests. Naushad convinces her. She protests still. She tries to make him understand why she is protesting. Naushad asks her to
trust him for once. Jannat stares him, considering his words, all of it. Sighing, she accepts.

"But please make it quick, Ammi ko agar pata chala to meri shaamat aa jani hai.",

says Jannat, warning Naushad.

Naushad smiles politely.

Stopping he turns to look towards Jannat and shows his gratitude,

"Thank you! Mere liye apse ye puchna zaruri tha.",

smiles Naushad.

"Tumse!",

rectifies Jannat, smiling.

Naushad lowers his eyes, blushing and says,

"I know Jannat main tum subse bohot batsalukhi se pesh aya hun... but still tum mujhse baat karne ke liye ready hui, uske liye thank you.",

smiles Naushad.

"Maine apko uss baat ke liye ab tak maaf nahi kiya Dr. Rizvi.",

says Jannat, clearly.

Naushad stares her.

"Par iss waqt mujhe iss baat ka bhi ehsaas hai ke Meher ko agar kisi ki subse zyada zarurat hai to wo hai apke saath ki. Apke bharose ki...",

Jannat looks at him hopefully.

Naushad stares back.

Taking a deep breath Naushad says earnestly,

"Mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha ke kya sahi hai kya galat. Main kis par aitbaar karun, kis par nahi."

Jannat stares him for sometime, and says,

"Dr. Rizvi I am not being biased here, but I really don't think Badi ke paas koi bhi reason hoga jhoot bolne ka. Aap hi batayiye, kya hoga?"

Naushad stares Jannat, considering her words.

"Ahmm... main chalti hun. All the best.",

smiles Jannat.

Naushad pondering into her words, smiles politely.

"I need it.",

blushes Naushad.

Smiling for the last time, Jannat leaves.

Taking a deep breath, Naushad turns to look towards Meher. He finds her staring him. The sudden eye contact makes the heartbeat of both of them to skip.

Meher quickly lowers her eyes. Naushad walks to her.

"Ahmm... aap yahin rukiye main abhi gadi lekar ata hun.",

he says politely.

"Ahmm... main bhi chalti hun.",

she proposes.

"Are you sure?",

he asks, doubtfully.

"Yes",

she says, smiling.

~*~*~

Initially both remain quiet, unable to understand from where to start the conversation.

"Ahmm... are you being able to walk?",

he asks politely.

Meher feels touched by his question.

"Ji...!",

she says, shying.

"Ahmm... Meher mujhe nahi pata kya sahi hai kya galat."

Meher looks towards him, knitting her brows out of pain.

"I know maine subke samne apse bohot rudely behave kiya..."

Meher's heart clenches, at least he realized!

Taking a deep breath, he says,

"Mujhe abhi bhi kuch samjh nahi aa raha..."

"Main apse kyun jhoot kahungi?",

asks Meher.

"Maine bohot socha uss barey mein Meher...",

he says.

"Meher aap hi bataiye main Irfaan Bhaijaan ko kitne arse se janta hun. Mujhe unn mein kabhi koi khami nazar nahi ayi.",

says Naushad, earnestly, knitting his brows.

"Kya apko mujh mein khami nazar ayi Naushad?",

asks Meher, hurt, looking towards him.

Naushad stares her.

"Main janti hun ki apki soch mere aur mere khandan ke liye kafi unchi nahi hai. Main chahti to apko apna boss pa kar, aasani se naukri karne se inkaar kar sakti thi. Maine nahi kiya, because I knew mere liye meri family kya hai. Main janti thi mere liye wo naukri kitni mayne rakhti hai."

Naushad stares her, where is she going with this?

"Apko lagta hai ke jis ladki ne apne Abbu ke janey ke baad purey parivar ki responsibility le li apna farz samajh kar, wo ladki khuley aam subke samne apne parivaar ke samne, ye ailaan karegi ke she has been raped? Do you really think it was that easy for me?",

she asks him, hurt, knitting her brows.

Naushad stares her, knitting his brows.

"Par maine ye kiya, you know why?",

she asks, staring him.

Naushad keeps staring her.

"Because of you Dr. Naushad Rizvi!",

she shouts, crying.

This skips Naushad's heartbeat.

"Kyunki aap mujh par bharosa nahi kar rahe the!",

she shouts more.

"Do you even have the slightest idea about what I was going through?"

Naushad stares her, his eyes at the verge of having tears.

"Apko kya lagta hai mere liye bohot asaan tha wo karna?",

she asks him.

"Aap... apko khud se durr jata mehsus kar rahi thi main...",

she says softly, crying.

Naushad's eyes soften.

(Naushad-Meher tune begins)

"Samajh nahi pa rahi thi ke kaise apko yakeen dilaun?",

a knot forms in her throat.

His eyes on the verge of having tears too.

"Reth ki tarah apka saath fisalta hua mehsus ho raha tha mujhe. Apka mujh par vishwas dagmagata hua nazar aa raha tha mujhe!"

They stare each other both at the peak of their emotions.

"Par aap kuch nahi samjhe!",

she declares, getting back her equilibrium.

They stare each other.

"Fir aap mere saath kyun hain abhi?",

asks Naushad, staring her.

They stare each other, transmitting their feelings for each other through their eyes.

"Mujhe khudse durr karne ka faisla ya mera saath dene ka faisla apka hoga Naushad. Main koi zor-zabardasti nahi karungi apke saath. Aap jaisa chahenge waisa hi hoga.",

states Meher, clearly then looks towards him again.

Soon they reach the car. Naushad opens the door for her. Meher finds it difficult to get into the car. Because of internal as well as external pains. Naushad's heart clenches.

"There is no hurry, aram se baithiye.",

assures Naushad.

This touches Meher's heart, she looks towards him and smiles thankfully, shyly. Soon she settles into the car, Naushad shuts the door and climbs into the car.

As she settles down, Naushad begins with the journey.

Initially they stay quiet but finally Meher asks,

"Ahm... hum kahan ja rahe hain?"

"Let it be a surprise!",

says Naushad.

Meher knits her brows, staring him.

Rest of the journey remains quiet out of anxiety at both ends.

Soon they reach their destination. Meher looks around to understand where have they come. She discovers only people walking at the road side and cars running. Where exactly has he brought her?

Turning to look towards him, Meher asks in astonishment,

"Hum yahan kyun aye hain?"

Naushad looks towards her and asks her,

"Do you trust me Meher?"

Meher gets nervous, why is he asking her that?

She nods into affirmative, nervous about what's about to happen yet confident about the fact that she does trust him immensely.

Smiling, Naushad says,

"To fir chaliye."

His phone rings, he quickly receives the call,

"Haan bus pohnch gaya hun. Bahar hi hun. Haan ok bye.",

and ends the call.

They both exit the car.

Suddenly her eyes fall on the board put in front of her at the entrance of the top of a room. She gets shocked! The whole world seems to spin around her.

It reads -

'Dr. Sharim Afzal's Clinic' and under it, it's written GYNECOLOGIST!

Meher stares the board in utter disbelief! She feels dizzy. Naushad comes at her rescue.

"Meher...!",

he calls out, supporting her, holding her by her upper arms.

Getting back a little of her equilibrium, still held by Naushad, Meher looks towards him with so much pain in her eyes, and asks him,

"Aap mujhe yahan kyun laye?"

Naushad knew this he would have to face but still he does get nervous.

"Meher main...",

he gets intervened by Meher,

"Aap samjhte kya hain apne apko? Jab marzi jo marzi faisla le sakte hain aap mere barey mein? Pehle apke liye main bharose ke layak nahi thi aur ab... ab apne kya kiya Naushad? Khud mera bharosa tod diya? Kyun kiya apne aisa Naushad kyun?"

"Meher please tum mujhe galat samjh rahi ho...",

Naushad tries to explain.

"Acha... to isliye suddenly aap itne polite ho gaye mujhe le kar?",

she says, smiling sarcastically.

"Insaaniyat ke natey apne socha ke main hi le aata hun isse yahan?",

she says, spitting venom through her each word.

"Meher please...",

requests Naushad.

Then suddenly another thought enters her mind,

"Ya... ya may be... aap ye janna chahte hain ke...",

she lowers her voice, remembering that any passerby might hear her and continues saying through her clenched teeth,

"Ke have I really been raped or not! Right Dr. Rizvi???",

she glares him, feeling disgusted.

"Meherrr...!",

Naushad shouts at her, hurt by the fact that she thinks so low of him.

"Apne pucha tha na do I trust you or not?",

she asks, painfully.

Naushad stares her feeling guilty.

"Ab to mujhe lag raha hai ke mujhe aap par aitbaar karna hi nahi chahiye tha!",

she says, glaring him.

Naushad narrows his eyes as he gets hurt by her words.

"Meher please tum mujhe galat samjh rahi ho.",

Naushad tries to explain.

"Galat?",

she asks sarcastically.

"Galat to ab tak main samjh rahi thi apko. Sahi to ab maine samjha hai.",

she says.

"Meher please... main ye sub isliye nahi kar raha kyunki mujhe tum par yakeen nahi hai. Balki isliye kar raha hun kyunki main janta hun ke tum kaisi ho. Tum nahi jaogi Gynecologist ke paas jab tak ke koi tumhe forcefully na le jaye. And being a doctor main iss case ko aur achi tarah samjh paunga as compared to your family, you know that!",

says Naushad, knitting his brows, desperate to make her understand.

"Aur tumse jhoot bolne ka mera koi maksad nahi tha par main janta tha ke tumse such kahunga to tum katayi taiyar nahi hogi mere saath aney ke liye.",

he tells her desperately, sincerely.

Suddenly a thought makes her nervous,

"Mere ghar mein kisi ko nahi pata ke main apke saath yahan..."

Knitting his brows again, hurt, he asks her,

"Meher do you really think main tumhare ghar ke kisi bhi sadasya se bina ijaazat liye tumhe yahan le aunga?"

Meher looks towards him with a questioning look.

"Jannat knows about it!",

confesses Naushad.

"Whattt???",

exclaims Meher.

"To isliye... aap dono...",

she remembers seeing them talking to each other.

"Ji!",

accepts Naushad, lowering his eyes.

"I can't believe this!",

says Meher, shaking her head in utter shock.

"Main kahin nahi ja rahi. Mujhe abhi wapas chor dijiye mere ghar Dr. Rizvi.",

commands Meher.

"Meher please don't do this. This for your own good. Please... please ek baar meri khatir.",

pleads Naushad.

"Kyun? Kon hain aap?",

asks Meher.

This skips Naushad's heartbeat.

They stare each other.

(NAUHER tune)

After some moments of stare, Naushad, never taking his eyes away from her, says,

"Wo jisse aap... aap pyar karti hain..."

This shocks Meher!!!

Naushad stares her shocked face.

"...uske Abbu!",

he completes.

Unable to keep the seriousness intact on his face for long, he bursts out into laughter.

Meher follows the suit!

As their fits of laughter end, they stare each other. Naushad politely asks her,

"Chalein?"

Meher's laughter dies and nervousness envelopes her again.

Understanding her situation, Naushad staring her throughout, holds her hand, giving her strength. They look at each other. Naushad could feel that she is nervous. Naushad smiles, indicating her to stay calm and that he is there with her. Meher smiles sadly.

ommooo 7 chapters that too long ones ll read it soonish after EID ... 
Originally posted by Karan.Preeta

ommooo 7 chapters that too long ones ll read it soonish after EID ... 

Take your time. πŸ˜³
Chapter 8

Pushing the door of the cabin of Dr. Sharim Afzal, Naushad asks his permission to get in,

"May I come in doctor."

Standing next to Naushad, Meher keeps her eyes lowered out of hesitation.

The good doctor looks up towards him and smiles,

"Arey Rizvi sahab! Please come in! Please come in!"

The gynecologist gets up to shake hands with Naushad. Smiling Naushad enters the cabin. Meher walks behind him, nervously.

Naushad shakes hand with Sharim.

"Bus hath milaoge? Galey nahi milna, itne salon ke baad mil rahe ho!",

says Sharim, smiling.

Smiling, Naushad hugs him tight.

Soon they all settle.

"Ji Naushad miyan, bataiye kya sewa kar sakte hain hum apki?",

asks Sharim, resting his hands on his desk; intertwining his fingers; bending ahead at his desk.

Clearing his throat, Naushad says,

"Ahmm... bus regular checkup ke liye aye the hum.",

and smiles.

Sharim looks towards Meher and smiles. Smiling hesitantly, Meher lowers her eyes.

Turning back to Naushad, Sharim apologizes,

"Pehle to tah-e-dil se maafi mangta hun ke aap dono ke nikaah mein shareekh nahi ho paya main."

This skips the heartbeat of both Naushad and Meher.

Meher looks towards Sharim, shocked! She finds herself not being able to look towards Naushad.

She begins to make Sharim understand,

"Nah...",

that Naushad holds her hand, hidden from Sharim.

Staring confidently towards Sharim, smiling politely Naushad says,

"It's... it's okay!"

Meher stares him in disbelief! Feeling her eyes on him, Naushad looks towards her, smiling politely. Meher lowers her eyes out of hesitation.

"Heartiest congratulations to both of you.",

smiles Dr. Sharim Afzal.

"Thank you.",

smiles Naushad.

He slowly turns to look towards Meher, smiling still and through his expression indicates her to smile.

Meher gets out of her reverie and slowly turns to look towards Dr. Sharim and smiles politely.

"So family planning?",

asks Dr. Sharim, smiling genuinely.

This skips the heartbeats of Naushad and Meher! Naushad quickly leaves Meher's hand. Hesitantly they lower their eyes. Dr. Sharim finds it funny.

"Yaar bhabhi ji ka to theek hai, tum kyun sharma rahe ho itna?",

asks Dr. Sharim, teasingly.

This again comes as a surprise for both Naushad and Meher. But this time Meher purses her lips, hiding her fit of laughter. Naushad feels uncomfortable and looks towards Meher through the corner of his eyes.

"Waise main tabse tumhara intezaar kar raha tha!",

confesses Dr. Sharim.

Now this comes as another surprise for Meher. She looks towards Naushad, knitting her brows lightly.

Getting nervous, Naushad ignores to look towards Meher this time.

"Tu ne phone par kaha tha ke tu dus bajey tak aa jayega? Par ab dekh dopahar ke bara (12) baj rahe hain. Agar thodi aur der karta to main lunch ke liye chala jata!",

says Sharim, smiling.

Naushad's heart sinks all the more.

It seems as if the row of shocks for Meher doesn't cease to end. He had already taken the appointment? When?

Suddenly she remembers when she had entered his cabin, he was talking to someone over phone! That must be Dr. Sharim! She gets shocked as the realization dawns upon her.

"Chaliye koi baat nahi. Der aye durust aye.",

smiles Dr. Sharim.

Saying so he takes his notepad and writes their name,

"Dr. Naushad Rizvi and..."

"And?",

he asks looking towards Meher, smiling.

"Meher!",

replies Naushad on her behalf.

Smiling, Dr. Sharim writes,

"Dr. Meher Rizvi."

This again skips the heartbeats of both Naushad and Meher! Meher controls her rate of heartbeat. Naushad turns to look at her to know her reaction to it. Meher stares him indicating him that she trusts him and that it's fine. Naushad smiles with a feeling of gratitude towards her.

Suddenly Naushad's phone buzzes, he checks the notification, it's a messag from an unknown number. He opens the message and reads it,

*How is it going? Badi gussa to nahi kar rahi na? - Jannat*

This brings a smile on Naushad's face.

*Kiya tha. Pehle sannata tha. Par ab lag raha hai ke waadiyon mein phool khil rahe hain!*

Naushad smiles again.

This makes Jannat to laugh too out of excitement that the plan is working.

*Chaliye fir lijiye maza khilte hue phool ko dekh kar. Bubye! *

Naushad smiles.

*Bye*

And he keeps the phone back into his pocket.

"To chaliye apka checkup kiya jaye?",

asks Dr. Sharim, smiling.

Meher gets nervous. How will she do this? Nervously, she turns to look towards Naushad.

"Ghabraiye mat we have female doctors here to take care of you.",

assures Dr. Sharim.

Meher relaxes manifolds. Her eyes twinkle and a genuine smile comes on her face. She turns to look at Naushad and finds him staring her lovingly. They stare each other.

"Ahmm... main dekhta hun Dr. Lubna ready hain ya nahi.",

smiles Dr. Sharim and leaves, leaving Naushad and Meher alone.

Meher's eyes brim with tears of joy.

"Tumne socha bhi kaise ke main Sharim se tumhari checkup karwaunga?",

he asks.

Meher gets all the more emotional.

Suddenly his phone rings. The number flashing on the screen makes him to knit his brows.

"Hello!",

he says, receiving the call.

"Hmm... hmm...",

Naushad knits his brows.

"Tumne theek se check kiya?",

asks Naushad, seriously.

Meher gets tensed thinking what is it!

"Theek hai!",

saying so Naushad ends the call.

"Kya hua?",

asks Meher.

"Hmm...??",

asks Naushad, getting out of his reverie, looking towards Meher.

"Nahi... kuch nahi... Dr. Azam ko kuch reports check karne ko kaha tha to wohi hai.",

smiles Naushad.

"Oh!",

says Meher.

"Mrs. Rizvi, please ayiye!",

says the female doctor, smiling.

Each time being addressed as Mrs. Rizvi skips the heartbeats of both Naushad's and Meher's. They look towards each other, transmitting their feelings through their eyes. Naushad nods, indicating her to get into the room for checkup. Lowering her eyes, she leaves.

Meanwhile Sharim reaches Naushad and starts chatting with him.

"Aur batao!",

says Sharim, patting Naushad's back.

Clearing his throat Naushad looks towards Sharim and says,

"Sharim main janta hun ke ek doctor ke liye apna kaam achi tarah karna kitna maiyene rakhta hai. Aur aise mein usko bus ek cheez ki zarurat hoti hai - bharose ki. Bharosa uske patient ka uss par."

Dr. Sharim nods his head into affirmative, hearing him patiently.

"Main tumse jhoot nahi bolunga!"

This makes Sharim to knit his brows.

Taking a deep breath, Naushad looks straight into Sharim's eyes and tells him,

"Meher has been raped!"

This shocks Dr. Sharim!

"What???",

he says, raising his voice in excitement, knitting his brows.

Naushad indicates him to stay quiet; lower his voice.

"Haan!"

Naushad gets prepared to reveal this too that she is not his wife. But surprising and to his relief, Sharim asks him nothing further.

"Tumhe jitna paisa chahiye le lo. But I want ke Meher ka properly ilaaj ho jaye.",

requests Naushad.

Smiling, Sharim places his hand on Naushad's hand assuring him silently that he is there to help him any way and every way possible.

Naushad with a feeling of gratitude towards Dr. Sharim, smiles.

"Paison ki to tum baat hi mat karna!",

says Dr. Sharim, sternly.

This makes the both to smile.

After the checkup the lady doctor comes out. As soon as she enters Naushad turns to look towards her, expecting to see Meher, but finds only the lady doctor. He knits his brows lightly. He doesn't ask her anything as he didn't want to show himself as a desperate. Being a doctor, he show stay calm he understands.

"Ahmm... maine check kar diya hai. Mujhe kuch baat karni hai Dr. Naushad apse aur Dr. Meher se.",

smiles the doctor politely.

"Ji doctor boliye.",

says Naushad immediately.

"Ahmm... aap please ander ayiye. Mujhe actually aap dono se saath mein baat karni hai.",

says the lady doctor.

Naushad looks towards Sharim. Sharim nods in affirmative. Naushad gets into the room where Meher is with the lady doctor.

Secretly, Naushad sighs in relief as he lays his eyes on Meher. Meher who is lying on a bed, tries to get up finding Naushad there. Naushad comes at her immediately rescue and helps her to sit up by placing his hand on her back. He then gives his hand to her to make her to climb the bed down. Meher stares him before placing her hand on his hand, hesitantly. Getting down, they take their seats in front of the female doctor.

"Maine test kar diya hai. Body mein kuch chontein ayi hain. Uske liye kuch medicines de rahi hun. Kuch andhruni chotein bhi ayi hain. But she is fine.",

the doctor informs them giving them an assuring smile.

Naushad looks towards Meher, all serious. Feeling relaxed that she is fine now.

Hesitantly, Naushad turns to look towards the doctor. Giving himself the strength, he finally asks the good doctor,

"Ahmm... doctor... wo..."

Meher looks towards him, knitting her brows. Why is he hesitant? What is it?

Naushad finally showing his courage, asks her,

"Personal... personal life mein..."

Meher could feel his hesitation. But she doesn't understand what does he want to ask. She stares him, knitting her brows.

"I mean... personal life mein koi complications ... you know what I mean!!..",

after repeated tries Naushad fails to use the word out of hesitation.

Understanding his point, the lady doctor smiles and assures him,

"Nahi Dr. Rizvi, apke aur Dr. Meher ke sexual life mein koi problem nahi ayegi!"

This has it's affect on both - Naushad and Meher! Their hearts skip. They blush profusely, with no smile on their faces.

Naushad sighs in relief by the fact that that way she is fine. It wasn't about the act it was more about his concern that how much has it affected her!

Hesitantly, Naushad looks towards the lady doctor and smiles.

"Thank you!",

he says.

"Bus ye ke agar aap dono abhi parenthood ke barey mein soch rahe hain, so uss thought ko thoda rest de dein. Say one or two years? So that ye puri tarah heal ho jayein. It might take years.",

smiles the doctor, politely.

This skips Meher's and Naushad's heart again. It becomes difficult for them to stay there!

Thankfully, the good doctor speaks up and addressing to Meher says,

"Dr. Meher aap please jakar Dr. Sharim se mil lengi? Main tab tak zara Dr. Rizvi se medicines ke barey mein baat kar lun?",

smiles the doctor.

"Wo tab tak apka thoda normal check up bhi kar lenge?",

says the doctor.

Meher's heartbeat picks up pace. What if he touches her and it becomes too much for her to endure?

Naushad understands her state. The lady doctor too doesn't fail to understand her dilemma.

Smiling, she assures her,

"Ghabrayiye mat Dr. Rizvi..."

Her addressing Meher as Dr. Rizvi again skips the heartbeats of both Naushad and Meher. Shutting his eyes, lowering his head, Naushad slowly shakes his head into negative.

"I can understand ke iss situation ke baad aurton ko mardon ke paas jane se hichkichahat hoti hai, darr lagta hai, but he is a doctor, he is there to help you.",

she assures Meher, smiling.

Meher looks towards Naushad. Naushad waits for her to decide what she wants to do. When he discovers that she is nervous, he understands she needs his assurance. He blinks his eyes, and nods his head into affirmative, giving her courage.

Taking a deep breath, she gets up and leaves.

Naushad keeps staring her way, even after Meher leaves.

The doctor notices that and says,

"Janey dijiye unhe Dr. Rizvi. Don't worry."

Her voice drags Naushad's attention. He feels awkward for having stared Meher that way. This makes the doctor to smile.

"Jab tak aap strong nahi honge, tab tak Mrs. Rizvi ko bhi strength nahi milegi.",

says the doctor.

Smiling a little, Naushad looks towards the doctor.

"I must appreciate you Dr. Rizvi, aisa bohot kam hota hai ke kisi aurat ke saath aisa hone ke baad uske husband usse itna support karey.",

smiles the lady doctor.

Naushad smiles hesitantly.

"Dr. Rizvi, Dr. Meher ke life ka ye bohot hi crucial period hai. She will take time to heal. This time period will either make her or break her. All this depends on how you treat her! How much time you give to her!",

says the doctor.

Naushad knits his brows, understanding the doctor perfectly.

"And about your personal life, I would suggest to keep it slow. Test her, know how she is feeling; how much she can bear. Basically how quickly you'll get back to your normal life depends on both of you equally. You - that how much patience you have with her and how much effort are you putting to bring her out of this trauma. And her - that how much is she willing to move on with her life; how much is she willing to help you to bring her out of this trauma.",

smiles the doctor.

Naushad understands it all.

"Usually aise incident ke baad aurtein mardon ke apne ird-gird rehne se bhi suffocated feel karti hain. But I have noticed the way she was sitting with you, she was inclined towards you. Which is a positive sign!",

says the doctor.

This skips Naushad's heartbeat and he blushes, but doesn't smile because he understands this is serious!

"I can see she has full trust in you. And we are going to make full use of her trust in you!"

Naushad nods, understanding, his face expression serious.

"Although maine abhi apko intercourse se mana kiya hai. But at the same time I would suggest you to make her familiar again to your touches!",

suggests the lady doctor.

Naushad understands what she means.

"I hope you are understanding?",

asks the good doctor.

Nodding, Naushad assures her,

"Yes doctor. I am."

"Unke internal as well as external wounds ko heal hone mein time lagega. Keep applying the medicines that I have suggested. But emotional wounds ko heal hone mein kitna time lagega that depends on you and Dr. Meher Rizvi.",

saying so she extends the prescription to Naushad.

Naushad accepts it, smiling politely.

"Thank you.",

smiles Naushad again.

Getting out of the room, he goes to meet Meher. With all tests done, Meher gets ready to leave with Naushad.

Shaking hands with Dr. Sharim Afzal, thanking him, Naushad and Meher leave.

~*~*~

In the car, Meher realizes that Naushad has gone extra quiet. He is driving and they haven't exchanged a single word since they left the clinic.

Nervously, she chooses to break the ice,

"Ahmm... apko pata hai... mujhe ab lag raha hai ke main aise hi darr rahi thi."

She notices that he is not reacting. What is wrong with him?

"Sub... theek hai na?",

asks Meher, hesitantly, looking towards Naushad.

Her question drags Naushad's attention.

"Haan?",

he asks looking towards her, getting out of his daze.

"Haan... haan... sub... sub theek hai.",

smiles Naushad, looking towards Meher.

Meher keeps staring him while he looks back towards the road in front.

The rest of the journey goes quietly.

Meher realizes that this is not the right turn it neither takes them towards her home nor towards hospital. She knits her brows then looks towards Naushad.

"Hum... hum kahan ja rahe hain?",

asks Meher, puzzled.

"Mujhe kuch kaam tha to wohin ja rahe hain.",

he says plainly, avoiding to look towards her.

"Aur waise bhi tumhari dawaiyan bhi leni hain.",

he adds further.

Meher doesn't argue.

Soon they reach their next destination - police station!

Meher looks towards Naushad in a state of shock! Why is he adamant at giving her shocks today one after the another?

"Hum... yahan kyun... aye hain...?",

she asks, anxiously, looking towards Naushad.

"Chalo Meher!",

saying just this, Naushad exits the car, expecting Meher to do the same.

Doubtfully Meher exits the car. Together they head towards the police station.

Naushad walks forth but Meher remains stick to her place, staring towards the police station in horror.

As Naushad realizes that she is not walking, he turns to look towards her and asks her, knitting his brows,

"Kya hua Meher?"

"Main... main complain nahi karungi...!",

says Meher, feeling timid.

Naushad knits his brows all the more.

"Nahi... Main ye nahi karungi... Abbu! Ammi! Unki bachi kuchi jo izzat hai wo bhi mitti mein mil jayegi. Agar main chup rahi... to log khud hi chup ho jayenge kuch din baad. Par agar ye kiya...",

she points out towards the police station, stretching her right arm, crying.

"To... to sub kuch tabaah ho jayega.",

she cries covering her face with her palm.

Naushad reaches her, holding her hands he puts them down, looking straight into her eyes he says,

"Jab main tumhare saath hun, to tumhe kis baat ka darr Meher?"

Meher looks towards him. Her heart clenches hearing that. He gives her time to accept the fact that he is with her.

He then extends his hand towards her, smiling a little. Meher stares him, hesitantly. Slowly she places her hand on his hand. The gesture makes Naushad to believe that she trusts him! He smiles all the more.

Together they enter the police station.

Inside, Meher gets shocked on discovering Irfan locked up and Shifrat crying, holding the bars of the locker where Irfan has been locked.

Irfan on finding Meher there, shouts,

"Tum? Tum yahan kya karne ayi ho? Ye dekhne ke main inn salakhon ke peeche kaisa lag raha hun?"

His loud voice sends shivers down the spine of Meher.

Shifrat turns to look towards Meher, her eyes filled with hatred for Meher.
She gets surprised on discovering Naushad with her.

"Bhai jaan aap??",

she asks, shocked, knitting her brows.

Then glaring Meher, Shifrat says,

"Kya kala jadu karti hai tu logo par? Pehle mere shauhar fir mere bhaijaan. Arey tu marr kyun nahi jati?",

curses Shifrat.

This boils Naushad's blood, he shouts, trying to keep his voice low,

"Aapi!!"

"Jab teri baaton ko kisi ne nahi mana to mere shauhar ko giraftar hi karwa diya?",

blames Shifrat.

"Aapi aap galat samajh rahi hain!",

says Naushad.

"Patti apki ankhon mein bandhi hui hai bhaijaan, meri nahi.",

retorts Shifrat.

"Isliye to aap ye nahi dekh pa rahe ke iss neech aurat ne mere begunah shauhar ko jail mein daal diya hai.",

shouts Shifrat, glaring Meher.

Losing his cool, Naushad shouts,

"Apke shauhar ko Meher ne nahi maine giraftar karwaya hai!!!!"

This comes as shock for the three of them alike!

All the three turn to stare Naushad, shocked.

"Ji haan maine!",

states Naushad, without any hesitation.

"Bhaijaan!!! Apne aisa kyun kiya? Aap jante hain na ye aurat mere shauhar ko fasa rahi hai??",

asks Shifrat, knitting her brows, anxious.

"Main kisi par andha-dhundh bharosa nahi karta Aapi, aur ye baat aap achi tarah janti hain!",

states Naushad, clearly.

Smiling sarcastically, looking towards Naushad, Shifkat says,

"Nahi karte the Bhaijaan. Aaj hawa ka rukh alag hai!"

Naushad glares his Aapi.

"Kamse kam aap to aisa na kahiye Aapi!",

pleads Naushad, softening his eyes.

"Aap kyun nahi dekh pa rahin Aapi ke apke shauhar galat hain?",

asks Naushad politely.

"Aap aisa kya dekh pa rahe hain iss aurat mein ke aap apne behn ke shauhar par shak kar rahe hain?",

Shifkat questions him back.

"Kahin aisa to nahi ke isne apko bhi dhamkaya hai ke agar apne iska saath nahi diya to ye aap par bhi rape ka jhoota ilzaam laga degi?",

asks Shifkat, spitting venom through her words.

Meher stares Shifkat out of shock.

"Aap hadd se agey barh rahi hain Aapi!",

warns Naushad.

"Aur aap galat raha par agey barh rahe hain bhai jaan. Galat insaan ka saath de rahe hain!",

retorts Shifkat.

"Mujhe apse ye umeed nahi thi Aapi.",

says Naushad, glaring Shifqat.

"Mujhe bhi apse ye umeed nahi thi Bhaijaan!",

says Shifqat, glaring back Naushad.

Behind the bars, Irfan secretly enjoys the on going drama between Shifqat and Naushad.

As for Meher, lowering her head she cries noiselessly.

"Agar aap ek aurat ho kar ek dusre aurat ke juzzbaatt nahi samjh pa rahin, to maaf kijiyega, aap zindagi mein kabhi koi aur juzzbaatt samjh nahi payengi!",

declares Naushad.

Meher knits her brows, holding back her tears, she looks towards Naushad.

This pinches Shifqat and she glares Naushad.

"To theek hai Aapi, aap aisa chahti hain to aisa hi sahi. Aap nibhayiye apne shauhar ka saath. Aur main nibhata hun apne...",

he stops abruptly, what was he going to say? Has he lost it?

Meher's heart skips a beat too! She widens her eyes and looks towards Naushad. Naushad turns to look towards Meher, his eyes soft on hers.

"Apne apno ka saath!",

he finishes, looking straight into her eyes.

It becomes difficult for Meher to control so many juzzbaatt that's flooding inside her heart. Her eyes well up. Naushad after staring her for sometime turns to look back towards Shifqat and Irfan.

With determination in her eyes, Shifqat challenges Naushad,

"Theek hai bhaijaan to aj se aap apne raaste, main apne!"

Naushad and Shifqat glare each other.

Holding the hand of Meher, Naushad turns and leaves! Meher holding back her tears keeps staring Naushad moving ahead of her, holding her hand, pulling her lightly with him.

Chapter 9

Naushad drives in anger, so many thoughts running through his mind.

Meher looks towards him every now and then, afraid on witnessing is eyes filled with hurt and anger, she chooses to remain quiet.

She gets an urge to ask him something, but refrains, out of fear of his anger. She understands his anger isn't towards her but towards Irfan and Shifqat and slightly towards himself too that he is unable to mend this situation.

She avoids asking him a lot, but unable to resist herself any longer, she asks him, hesitantly,

"Ek baat puchun?"

Her voice, drags him out of his thoughts. Closing his eyes, taking a deep breath, he opens his eyes and says,

"Pucho!"

"Apko to meri baat par bharosa nahi tha. Fir achanak aisa kya hua ke apne Irfaan ko giraftar karwa diya?",

she asks.

"Kyunki main jaan chuka tha ke wo hi tumhara gunhegar hai!",

replies Naushad, blazing with anger.

"Kab? Aur kaise?",

asks Meher, eagerly.

Naushad looks towards her, staring her for sometime, he says,

"I don't think main iss baat ko abhi karna chahta hun. Mere dimag mein waise hi bohot kuch chal raha hai."

Meher accepts and lowers her eyes. Then again looking towards him, she asks,

"Dr. Sharim Afzal ke clinic mein apko Dr. Azam ka call aya tha, kya keh rahe the?"

This skips Naushad's heartbeat. He turns to look towards her for fraction of seconds, then turns back to look in front. Taking a deep breath he confesses,

"Uss waqt mujhe police ka call aya tha ye inform karne ke liye ke unhone Irfan ko giraftar kar liya hai. Aur ye bhi ke agar uska gunhegar hona prove ho gaya to uska doctor hone ka license usse cheen lia jayega!"

This shocks Meher.

"Kya????",

she exclaims!

Naushad turns to look towards her, understanding her emotions.

"Main... main zarur uske giraftari se khush hun, par... par main kabhi ye nahi chahti thi ke wo... giraftar ho.",

says Meher earnestly.

Naushad understands her. Politely he asks,

"Kyun?"

"Kyunki isse Ammi Abbu ki izzat mitti mein mil jayegi. Aur mere qualifications par sawaal khada hoga.",

saying so Meher holds back her tears.

Naushad knits his brows, understanding her emotions.

"Sirf iss darr se kisi gunhegar ko saza na dilwana bhi to koi samjhdari nahi na Meher?",

asks Naushad politely.

Meher looks towards him with sorrowful eyes.

"Aur jahan tak apke Ammi-Abbu, apke parivar ki baat hai, to yakeen maniye Meher, I'll make sure ke unn ki izzat par kabhi koi aanch na aye.",

he assures her.

Meher looks towards him, her eyes filled with tears. How can someone be so much understanding?

"Aur ek baat...",

says Naushad.

Meher looks towards him.

"Aap kal se wapas hospital aa rahi hain..."

Meher intervenes, pleading him,

"Nahi Naushad... main..."

Naushad intervenes,

"Main kuch nahi sunna chahta.",

states Naushad, clearly.

"Naushad...",

Meher trails off, unable to understand what to say. And tired of anxiety.

"I'll make sure ke aap ko exhaustion na ho. Apse zyada kaam bhi nahi karwaunga. Lekin aap hospital aa rahi hain that's final.",

declares Naushad.

"Main... wahan subse nazrein nahi mila paungi.",

pleads Meher.

"Mujhse mila payengi na?",

he asks.

This skips Meher's heartbeat. She goes numb.

Naushad looks towards her and prompts her,

"Hmmm...??"

(NAUHER tune begins)

Meher lowers her eyes hesitantly.

Driving with one hand, Naushad takes the index finger of his left hand towards her and places it under her chin, forcing her to look towards him.

The sudden touch makes her heart to beat frantically.

Making sure that he is driving on a lonely road, he stares Meher. Meher stares back.

Meher slowly lowers her eyes. Smiling a little, Naushad takes back his finger and focuses back on driving.

"Jab tak aap mujhse nazrein mila sakti hain bina hesitation ke, apko kisi aur ki; kisi aur baat ki fikr karne ki zarurat nahi hai.",

states Naushad, confidently.

This swells Meher's heart. Her heart beats frantically. She blushes, but doesn't smile. She is too touched to smile!

Next Naushad stops his car in front of a row of markets. Meher wonders why did he stop there?

Meher gives him a questioning look, never asking anything.

Understanding that look, Naushad brings out the doctor's prescription and puts it between them in the air. This makes Meher to blush and smile. In return Naushad blushes and smiles too. Just to make this moment to persist a little longer, Naushad jokes,

"Agar pata hota ke aap prescription dekh kar smile karengi, to being a doctor main apke liye hazaron prescription likh daal ta!"

This makes Meher to laugh soundlessly and blush all the more.

"Naushaaadd!!",

she scolds him lovingly, blushing, her eyes lowered.

Naushad laughs all the more, silently, as he finds her calling him by his name too adorable and romantic!

"Thank you!",

his sudden words skip Meher's heartbeat. She widens her eyes a little, smiling still, then looks towards Naushad.

"Thank you? Kis liye?"

Lowering her eyes, she adds,

"Thank you to mujhe apko kehna chahiye."

Looking towards him, her eyes twinkling out of faith, trust in him and something more, she says,

"Ek pal ke liye to mujhe laga tha ke maine apko kho diya."

This skips Naushad's heartbeat; touches his heart. Staring her he smiles then and asks politely, his voice low, making the moment all the more intimate,

"To kya hota agar main apse durr ho jata to?"

Now that makes her heart to beat frantically. She stares him pouring all her feelings through her eyes.

Lowering his eyes, Naushad sarcastically says, smiling,

"Waise bhi apko to bus iss baat ki fikr thi ke main apko Aliya se durr na kar dun! Ke aap Aliya se durr na ho jaye! Ke Aliya apse durr na ho jaye!"

Meher feels apologetic. Her heartbeat picks up pace. She lowers her eyes. His words make her cheeks to warm up.

Naushad stares her for sometime, smiling sweetly, secretly at her sweetness and innocence.

Taking a deep breath, he says,

"Khair thank you iss liye ke mera aap par distrust dekhne ke baad bhi you trusted me enough to come with me."

They keep staring each other.

(NAUHER tune begins)

"Because frankly I was wondering ke main apko kaise convince karunga.",

blushes Naushad.

Meher doesn't say anything and keeps staring him, smiling, her eyes twinkling, her heart beating frantically, she softly says,

"I trust you!"

At this Naushad looks up towards her, they stare each other. Their smiles vanishing gradually as the magnetic pull towards each other heat up their bodies, it becomes difficult to maintain the smiles on their faces. Meher could feel the blocking up of her ears due to the height of her emotions; her blush. It makes her all the more restless. She presses her thighs together to control her ill mannered juzzbaatt. Naushad understands perfectly what juzzbaatt is culminating in her heart at this moment. Because it mirrors his juzzbaatt!

Smiling, he says,

"Ab main ye medicines le aata hun, warna Jannat sochengi ke hum kahan reh gaye."

This makes both to laugh soundlessly.

Giving her a last warm look, indicating her to take care of herself until he returns back, he leaves for the pharmacy.

Reaching the pharmacy, he shows the prescription and buys the medicine.

Falling into a dilemma, getting nervous, despite this not being his first time to ask that, he asks for something more!

Buying it, he makes it sure to put it into his pocket and not with the other medicines!

Getting into the car he looks towards Meher nervously and smiles a little.
Meher smiles back. He extends the packet of medicines to her.

"Prescription mein details di hui hain kab konsi medicine leni hai and kitne amount mein leni hai. Make sure that you adhere to the prescription.",

says Naushad, sternly.

Blushing, Meher lowers her eyes and nods, smiling.

Before resuming his journey he calls Jannat,

"Hello Jannat main Meher ko apne saath apne ghar le ja raha hun. Baad mein ghar chor dunga."

He gets a reply from Jannat.

"Please Jannat sambhal lena na.",

requests Naushad, softening his eyes.

Taking a deep breath, Jannat accepts.

"Theek hai. Aap Meher ka khyal rakhiyega.",

saying so Jannat ends the call.

Azi stares her knitting his brows, waiting for Jannat to say something.

Looking towards him, she asks him, doubtfully

"Azi... main sahi kar rahi hun na Dr. Rizvi par trust karke?"

Azi smiles sitting adjacent to Jannat and hugs her embracing her by her shoulder.

"Mirza, maine jitna bhi Dr. Rizvi ko jana hai, mujhe wo ek ache insaan lagey.",

tells Azi.

Hugging him tight, Jannat says,

"Mujhe bhi."

Smiling, Azi tightens his hold on her and says,

"To ab tu zada soch mat."

Jannat smiles and sighs.

~*~*~

Reaching home, Naushad asks Meher to go to his room, casually, whilst placing the keys at its place.

This skips Meher's heartbeat, she asks in disbelief,

"Main akeli jaun apke room mein?"

Her words brings a naughty smile on his face, arching a brow he asks,

"To aap chahti hain ke hum dono saath mein jayein bedroom mein?"

This skips Meher's heartbeat, she quickly lowers her eyes. She of course didn't mean it that way! And of course Naushad understands that, but why should he leave any chance to tease her, especially if she is providing it to him so easily?

Understanding her situation, Naushad smiles and makes her comfortable,

"Relax! Aap jaiye, main abhi aata hun. Do you want water?",

he asks her politely.

It's then she realizes that she is thirsty.

She looks towards him, smiling a little, nervously, she nods into affirmative.

Smiling, he says,

"Aap room mein jayiye, I'll get it for you."

They both smile looking towards each other and turn to leave for their respective rooms. Suddenly Meher remembers, turning she says,

"Ahmm... kya main Aliya se mil sakti hun?"

Naushad smiles, understanding her eagerness to meet her.

"Wo apne room mein hogi. But Meher I would suggest abhi aap usse na miley because agar usne ek baar aap ko dekh liya to wo apko choregi nahi akela. And right now you and me, we need to sort out a lot of things.",

he tells her sincerely, smiling politely.

Meher gets serious, she realizes this is serious! She lowers her eyes and slowly nods her head into affirmative.
Then looks back towards him. Smiling, looking at her, Naushad leaves. Meher leaves too.

Making sure that she has reached to his room safely, Naushad heads towards Aliya's room. Finding her asleep, he gets relaxed. Walking to her he bends down and kisses her forehead lovingly. Placing the quilt properly on her, Naushad tip toeing leaves the room, shutting the door properly.

(NAUHER tune begins)

Naushad goes to the kitchen to fetch water for Meher and himself.

Walking into his room, Naushad closes the door, while facing Meher throughout, his one hand holding the tray containing glasses of water and other hand behind him pushing the door noiselessly. Meher who is standing facing him, stares him. Never ending the eye contact Naushad slowly walks towards her. Meher too doesn't try ending the eye contact. As he reaches closest to her, Meher starts taking back steps never ending the eye contact.

"Dr. Rizvi main...",

begins Meher hesitantly, unable to look away from him.

Naushad doesn't try to stop her from speaking. This is what he wants - her to communicate with him. This is where they lacked earlier! Had they been communicating more often, more freely, she would have opened herself in front of him much earlier and they together could have avoided the fateful incident that took place.

"Main sunn raha hun Meher...",

he encourages her, speaking softly.

"Main ye nahi kar paungi!",

she says, lowering her voice.

"Kya nahi kar paogi?",

asks Naushad, smile twitching on his lips.

Meher gives him a knowing look, taking small backward steps still.

"Aap kyun kar rahe hain ye? Kalke aur aaj ke Naushad mein itna fark kyun?",

she asks, looking into his eyes, holding back her tears, as the remembrance of that Naushad hurts her to the core.

"Pani? Apne hi to kaha tha apko peena hai. Mujhe bhi pyas lagi thi to main apne liye bhi le aya.",

he replies, smiling infectiously.

Meher glares him. This makes Naushad to laugh.

"Kayi ghante beet chuke hain uss baat ko Meher, farak parhna to laazmiya hai. Nahi?",

jokes Naushad.

Meher gives him a knowing look.

"Stop it Naushad!",

she scolds him mildly, whispering, lowering her eyes.

Smiling, Naushad teases her, his voice low, making the situation all the more intimate,

"Kamal hai Meher pehle aap chahti thi ke main aap par bharosa karun. Aur ab jab main bharosa kar raha hun to apko mere bharose par shaq ho raha hai."

Meher stares him,

"Mujhe ye samjh nahi aa raha ke koi insaan apne parivaar par yakeen na karke kisi gair par yakeen kaise kar sakta hai?"

That makes Naushad to knit his brows. Staying quiet for sometime, staring her, he asks,

"Kaun hai gair yahan Meher?"

This skips Meher's heartbeat. She lowers her eyes out of embarrassment and hesitation.

"Bataiye?",

prompts Naushad.

"Main...",

says Meher softly, never looking towards him.

Naushad stares her, hurt, his brows knitted.

"Ye baat meri ankhon mein dekh kar bolo Meher!",

he challenges her.

This skips Meher's heartbeat. She slowly, hesitantly looks towards Naushad.

"Naushad please...",

she pleads, lowering her eyes.

Naushad keeps staring her, thinking.

"Paani!",

he offers her, staring her with knitted brows.

Meher looks towards him nervously. Slowly she accepts the water.

"Tumhe kya lagta hai ke mujhe tum par yakeen nahi tha?",

asks Naushad, after staying quiet for sometime, staring her for sometime.

Having finished drinking the water, she places the half filled glass onto the tray.

"Apne jo baat subke samne kahi, wo to yahi kahani bayan karti hai!",

says Meher, avoiding to look towards him, out of hesitation.

Naushad stares her seductively, Meher keeps her eyes low but doesn't miss witnessing his looks through her peripheral vision. Her breath hitches. It becomes difficult for Meher to control her juzzbaatt. But she manages to keep them under control somehow.

Naushad slowly takes his hand towards her face and wipes off the wet corner around the right side of her lips. Wet because of the water she drank.

A shiver runs down Meher's spine. She converts her hands into fists, controlling her emotions. She is hesitant about the male touch now. No denial Naushad's touch heals her but despite that whenever they are alone she gets super conscious about his touch. But on the other hand, when they are amongst others, she finds Naushad as her escape. As if no one knows her better than him. Her juzzbaatt seems to change with the change in the circumstances. How hard might she try to make herself understand that this is so wrong that she is doing to him - she is using him, as if he is a puppet to dance in accord to her wish, but she fails to do otherwise! She needs time.

Holding her by her shoulders, Naushad makes her to sit on the bed. At first his touching her, tightens the muscles of her tummy, making her nervous of his touch. But gradually she gets familiar to his touch and her muscles relax.

Bringing out the medicines, Naushad gives her five tablets one after the other. Having done that Naushad sits next to her, his eyes lowered, trying to understand from where should he start.

Slowly he looks towards her and smiles a little, hesitantly.

"Kya hua? Apko kuch kehna hai?",

asks Meher, sensing his nervousness.

"Meher hum dost hain! Aur kahin na kahin main iss case mein tumhara doctor bhi hun! And you said that you trust me immensely right?",

he asks, looking towards her, without rushing his words, taking it slow.

Meher nods into affirmative, slowly, nervously.

Next he asks,

"Aliya se tum durr nahi reh sakti tumne kaha... par main tumse puchna chahunga... aur mujhse?",

asking so, he stares her.

Meher's heart skips a beat! They stare each other. Meher's breathing turns shallow. Meher fails to answer, out of hesitation.

Lowering his eyes, he asks,

"Meher... hum dono jab kisi aur ke samne hote hain, tum mere paas rehti ho. Mere paas reh kar tum khudko secure mehsus karti ho... par jab hum akele hote hain...",

saying so he pauses and looks towards staring her possessively.

Meher's heartbeat picks up pace. She lowers her eyes. She feels uncomfortable sitting there but to her utter surprise, she doesn't even want to go away from him. She feels frustrated about her dual feelings for him!

"Tum kyun mujhse durr chali jati ho?",

he asks softly, pain evident in his voice.

"Kya ye isliye hai ke main ek mard hun?",

asks he, his own words pierce his heart. His eyes bearing his hurt.

Meher's heart skips a beat. A knot forms in her throat.

"Naushad please... aap... aap ye...",

she shuts her eyes out of anxiety, unable to understand what to say, where to start from.

Opening her eyes, she looks towards him, pleading through her eyes to understand her juzzbaatt.

"Naushad I need time...",

she requests politely, looking towards him.

"You take as much time as you need Meher but there is another thing that I would like you to have of mine...",

he says.

Meher knits her brows unable to understand what did he mean?

"Mera saath!",

he tells her.

"Patience I have immense! I promise. But the road of life you are to lead henceforth, I would like to request you, to take me along with you!",

he says, sincerely, looking into her eyes.

Meher gets all the more emotional but controls her tears. She keeps staring him as a means of consentment.

"Meher maine tumse pucha tha ke kya tum kisi aur ko chahti ho? Tab tumne mana kar diya tha. Yakeen mano mujhe tumhari baat par aitbaar ho gaya tha ek hi pal mein. Tab mujhe kuch nahi pata tha. Par aaj sub kuch janne ke baad... main firse tumse agar wohi baat puchun. To tumhara jawab kya hoga? Kya ab bhi tum mujhse waqt mangogi apna jawab dene ke liye?",

he asks her.

"Kya ab bhi apne juzzbaatt mujhse chupa kar rakhogi?",

he asks her, knitting his brows.

With teary eyes, staring him throughout, Meher shakes her head into negative, in slow motion.

"Main apse kabhi koi baat nahi chupana chahti thi...",

she says, crying.

Naushad understands.

Taking a deep breath, he stares her intimately. Now what he is about to discuss with her, would be difficult to talk about both for Naushad as well as Meher, he knows. But it's important. It's necessary.

Before he could say anything further, Meher nervously puts strands of her hair behind her ear, as she does that, her bruises floats in front of his eyes again. Naushad turns his hands into fists as anger surges through him. His going numb makes Meher to look towards him. She knits her brows finding him tensed.

"Kya hua?",

she asks.

He doesn't answer and slowly takes his index finger of his left hand towards her right cheek and slowly removes a tendril of her hair, to checkout the wound, knitting his brows. In the process his finger rubs against her skin, softly. Even the minute touch sends shiver down her spine. Naushad ignores to give his attention to her shivering and closing of her eyes and his whole concentration lies on the bruised cheek. Meher feels touched by his gesture, how much he cares. She keeps staring him.

"Amaal ne dawayi laga di thi!",

she assures him, softly.

"Thoda time lagega, fir theek ho jayega!",

she adds further.

Naushad keeps glaring the bruise. Whilst doing so he keeps tracing the part of her cheek up to down; down to up, in succession, unaware of how his this unconscious gesture is affecting her!

She shuts her eyes after moments as it heightens up her emotions. In her current state heightened emotions, even if a little, makes it unbearable for her. She tries to keep herself away from anxiety, as much as possible. But his this gesture is doing exactly that to her - making her anxious! And to her utter surprise, she is not evening refraining him; stopping him from doing so! She is ready to endure this anxiety, for him!

Slowly, he moves his face towards her, towards her bruised cheek. Meher's heartbeat picks up pace not out of fear but out of excitement. Naushad understands that this could be the cue to move forth! This might help her as well as him to open up. Meher clenches the sheet of the bed tight. As he gets more closer to her, Meher puts her hand on his chest, as a gesture of stopping him to move forth with this. Naushad understands this is not fear but her hesitation because had it been fear she would have pushed him hard by now. But she is not doing it! Her soft push is just out of hesitation, which she must have done had everything been normal between them.

Getting closer to her cheek, while Meher shuts her eyes out of heightening of her pleasure, Naushad whispers into her ear,

"Tumhe mujhe khone ka darr tha, isliye tum uss din bina hichkichahat ke subke samne chillayi!"

While he speaks these words, his warm breath touches her skin in irregular rhythm and makes the feeling all the more intense. Shutting her eyes tight, she tries to control her emotions.

Whispering so, Naushad gets back and stares her, smiling. Meher opens her eyes slowly and finds Naushad smiling challengingly at her. Meher out of hesitation, lowers her eyes.

"Mujhe tab hi tum par bharosa hone lag gaya tha Meher. Ya yun kaho ke ho gaya tha!",

he confesses.

Meher stares him, her eyes filled with tears.

"Fir apne jo kuch bhi kaha...",

she asks.

"Presence of mind!",

replies Naushad.

"Meher ye mat sochna ke main Irfan ko janta nahi hun. Main Irfan se bakhubi wakif hun!",

he confesses.

This comes as a shock for Meher!

"Aisa pehli baar nahi ho raha hai. Irfaan aur main ek hi college mein the. Jab main first year mein tha, tab Irfan fifth yani final year mein tha!",

he confesses.

Meher listens to him patiently.

"Tab bhi Irfan ladkiyon ke beech kafi mashhur rehta tha. Mera ladkiyon se zyada taluqat nahi tha. Lekin ek din Irfan ne mujhse dosti karni chahi. Mujhe kafi ajeeb laga. Main normally bohot kam bolne walon mein se tha. Aise mein koi mujhe notice karega wo hi badi ajeeb baat thi. Khair dekh kar mujhe Irfan theek insaan laga to maine dosti kar li. Dosti gehri hui. Main usse ghar tak laya apne. Aapi uss din ghar ayi hui thi. Uss din Aapi aur Irfan ki pehli mulaqat hui aur ye mulaqat dosti mein kab badal gayi mujhe ehsaas hi nahi hua. Ek din hum phone par baat kar rahe the ke usne mujhse Aapi ka number manga. Aapi darasal meri muh boli behn hai. Par rishta itna gehra hai ke kabhi iss baat ka ilm hi nahi hua.",

smiles Naushad, as he cherish his bond with his Aapi.

Then his face expression changes to that of melancholy as he remembers his current chemistry with his Aapi!

"Mujhe pehle gussa aya, kyunki main janta tha ke uska nature kaisa hai. Main usse lada bhi. Par usne mujhe yakeen dilaya ke wo Aapi se beinteha mohobbat karta hai."

Sighing, he says,

"Aur tum to janti hi ho agar kisi ko milna ho to puri kaiyanaat unn dono ko milane mein lag jati hai. Tab hum insaano ki kya majaal ke hum kuch karein!",

smiles Naushad, sarcastically.

"Irfaan mere samne itna shareef pesh hone laga ke kuch waqt baad main khud bhul gaya ke main uske aur Aapi ke milne ke khilaf tha.",

he confesses.

"Aapi ke liye mujhe Irfan ko accept karna parha. Aisa nahi hai ke maine bina bharose ke inn dono ka nikah karwa diya. Irfan itni izzat se pesh aata tha subse ke dheere dheere mere doubts uske liye khatam hone lagey. Aur dekhte hi dekhte Aapi aur Irfan ka nikah ho gaya."

Meher stares him, knitting her brows.

"Waqt beet ta gaya, main apne zindagi mein mashruf ho gaya. Kabhi unke ghar bhi jana hota to zyadatar wo paye nahi jate the. Mujhe lagta tha ke teacher hain, wo bhi MBBS ke, zimmedari to zyada hogi hi. Isliye maine kabhi mind nahi kiya.

Ek din main Aapi se mil kar wapas aa raha tha jab raste mein maine usse ek aurat ke saath dekha. Mera khoon khaul utha. Mann kar raha tha ke jakar abhi uska muh tod dun. Par main janta tha uska koi faida nahi hoga. Usne Aapi ko iss tarah apne vash mein kiya hua hai ke Aapi kuch nahi manegi.

Par shayad wo maani... wo tab maani jab unhone tumhe Irfan ke saath rangey haathon pakda!",

saying so he looks towards her, sympathetically.

Meher's eyes fill up with tears. It hurts Naushad, seeing her crying. His own eyes well up. He focuses on her tears and rubs them off. Unable to control herself any longer they both hug each other tight. Meher gets relaxed by his touch. Naushad could feel her pulling him towards herself. This makes Naushad to tighten his hold on her.

"Fir apne meri baat maani kyun nahi subke samne?",

asks Meher, crying on his chest.

Taking a deep breath he tells her...

"Jab Aapi ne tum par ilzaam lagaya, such kahun to ek pal ke liye mera aitbaar tum par se dagmagaya tha. Main manta hun ke maine kabhi khul kar tumse apne feeling ka izhaar nahi kiya. Par kahin na kahin hum dono ye jante the ke hum ek dusre ke liye kya mehsus karte hain!"

At this Meher looks up towards him. Their eyes flooded with so many emotions for each other, look towards each other.

"Mujhe laga tum bhi unn ladkiyon mein se ho jo Irfan ke saath reh chuki hai.",

he says, apologetically, lowering his eyes. Then looks back towards Meher.

Meher lowers her eyes hesitantly.

"Mujhe fansaya tha unhone apni baaton ke jaal mein.",

confesses Meher, hesitantly.

He places his hand on her chin and forces her to look towards him, looking into her eyes, he says,

"I trust you Meher!"

"Uss din maine subke samne jo kuch bhi kaha tha wo bus Irfan ko ye yakeen dilane ke liye kaha tha ke main uss par aitbaar karta hun. Kyunki mujhe iss mamle ke teh tak janey ke liye uske bharose ki zarurat thi."

Meher stares him, her eyes filled with tears.

"Par iss dauran maine tumse aur tumhare khandan se badsuluki bhi ki. Ho sakey to mujhe maaf kar do.",

he requests her, feeling ashamed of how hr behaved with her and her family.

"Naushad please aap aisa mat boliye...",

she says, cupping his face with her hands.

They both stare each other.

"Chah kar bhi main apne juzzbaatt ko kabu mein na rakh paya. Aur main uske liye behad sharminda hun.",

says Naushad.

Meher cries with him.

"Nahi Naushad, main samjh sakti hun jab koi apna yakeen todey to accept karna mushkil ho jata hai. Humare juzzbaatt humein khud samjh nahi aatey tab. Ek ajeeb si kashmakash mein funs jatey hain hum tab.",

says Meher, understanding his feelings and his dilemma.

"Aur jab Irfan ne phone call ki baat ki, tab mera shaq yakeen mein badal gaya. Maine dekha tha tum kitni disturbed rehti thi. Aur uss din to maine tumhe gusse mein phone fekte hue bhi dekh liya tha. Main ussi din se samjh gaya tha ke koi hai jo tumhe pareshan kar raha hai."

Looking towards her, he asks,

"Tum kaise soch sakti thi ke wo dekh kar bhi main tum par yakeen nahi karunga?"

Meher stares him, getting emotional, unable to understand what to say!

"Jab mujhe ye malum hua ke Irfan tumhare professor the tab kuch pal ke liye mera vishwas tum par se dagmagaya. Par jis tarah tum yakeen dila rahi thi mujhe, mujhe zada waqt nahi laga such samjhne mein."

"Tum par yakeen na karne ka natak karna mere liye zaruri tha kyunki mujhe Irfan ko yakeen dilana tha ke main uske bunne hue jaal mein fans chuka hun."

"Uss waqt jab tum hospital mein behosh ho gayi thi, dekha tha maine wo nishaan, haath par, tumhare chehre par!"

Shivers run down Meher's spine.

"Aapi aur Irfan ke nikah ke kuch mahino baad unn mein ladaiyan hone lagin jaise normally har couple mein hote hain. Shuru mein maine ignore kiya. Socha ye normal hai. Par dheere dheere baat hathapayi par utar ayi. Ye especially tab zyada hone laga jab Irfan ko pata chal ke Aapi can't conceive!"

Meher's heart clenches. Her hatred for Irfan increased manifolds.

Staring Meher, Naushad says,

"Aliya ke hone ke baad wo over possessive ho gaya tha Aliya ko lekar. Arwa ke janey ke baad to usne mujhse ye tak keh diya tha ke main Aliya ko Aapi aur usse saump dun kyunki main akele Aliya ko bada nahi kar paunga!",

Naushad's heart starts throbbing inside his chest even at the mere thought of sending Aliya away from him.

Holding her hands out of desperation, Naushad looking towards Meher asks her,

"Kya ek baap ke juzzbaatt ki koi value nahi hoti Meher? Kya ek baap apni beti ko akele bada nahi kar sakta?"

Meher lovingly wipes off his tears, crying herself.

"Ek bachey ka rishta jitna paak apni Ammi aur Abbu ke saath hota hai utna kisi ke saath nahi ho sakta.",

Meher tells him, smiling, wiping off his fresh tears.

"Aur agar Ammi aur Abbu ki mohobbat ek bachey ko aap jaise Abbu se miley, usse behtar to kuch hai hi nahi!",

she tells him lovingly, softly, smiling.

They hug each other tightly.

Now that all misunderstanding are cleared Naushad and Meher sigh in relief coincidentally together. Realization of it makes them to blush and laugh.

Naushad mustering all his courage says,

"Ye to hui meri story! Ab tum par atey hain!",

saying so he stares her.

Meher gets tensed. What is he about to ask now? Naushad senses her nervousness. Smiling lovingly, he nods his head, indicating her not to get nervous about anything.

"Mere barey mein?",

she asks hesitantly.

Naushad nods in affirmative, smiling, staring her.

"This is going to be personal! Too personal Meher! Meher main ek doctor ki tarah bhi puch raha hun aur...",

saying so, his stare on her turns more possessive.

Meher's heart skips a beat. Her breath hitches as she gets that look and she somehow understands what he is about to say or where this conversation is leading towards!

Staring her constantly, finding her nervousness adorable, Naushad continues,

"Ek dost ki tarah bhi!"

Meher understands dost isn't the apt word!

Meher staring him, blinks her eyes. They stare each other. His possessive look, creating havoc. Her heartbeat picks up pace. She could feel the warming up of her skin all over again. This is the effect of his mere look! What would be the effect of his upcoming words, which she somehow is sure won't be easy to reply to, she wonders!

But then earlier he assured her not to get nervous, right?

She nods her head slowly staring him throughout nervously.

Naushad understands that she is nervous about his question.

"How did you feel when it was being done to you?",

he asks her, staring her throughout to gauge her reaction.

Her heartbeat picks up pace. She stares him. She isn't shocked because somehow she could see it coming! In fact she is somewhat glad that he asked! But the magnitude of her nervousness is so high, that she couldn't exactly acknowledge her being glad about it. But the silent sigh makes Naushad to understand her situation perfectly! And he is glad that she didn't feel offended! He sighs in relief. Meher then wonders what took him this much time to come to this topic? Then she silently concludes - nervousness!

They both are shipping in the same boat - nervousness! Yet helping each other to get out of nervousness, that's the purity, the simplicity of their relationship.

Taking a deep breath, she takes her time to get into the situation once again, feel it! Till now she was trying to get away from the incident as much as possible. She was refraining to think about it. As each time she would think - her heartbeat would increase; she would go through anxiety; she would cry; she would feel the pain inflicted into her afresh! But when Naushad asked her about it; she of course got nervous initially about the fact that she'll have to torture herself again, but the fact that the end result of the torture would be a great relief; a mental satisfaction that he knows everything now, gave her all the courage she needed to open up in front of him. The fact that someone would know everything about it, gave her immense mental satisfaction already; a sense of security. Her mental trauma by the mere realization that she would share a secret, a dirty secret of hers with Naushad, she doesn't understand why gives her mental satisfaction. Finally she takes a deep breath ready to pour her heart out regarding the situation in front of him.

"Main jabse wahan gayi tabhi se mujhe sub kuch galat lag raha tha!",

she begins to share, shiver building up inside her gradually.

Naushad looks towards her, hearing her calmly.

Her voice shakes,

"Nahi rehna chahti thi wahan. Par ye bhi samjh rahi thi ke usse baat karna mere liye kitna zaruri hai, ye sub khatam karne ke liye. Isliye himmat karke wahan gayi. Wo jagah, wahan ke log... mujhe kuch acha nahi lag raha tha."

Naushad keeps his breathing rate under control, staring her throughout.

"Jab uske uss ghar ke ander gayi to wo bohot khush tha. Bohot ache se pesh aa raha tha.",

she says.

"Par main uske ander ke janwar se wakif thi. I didn't trust him much by then."

"Fir usne mujhe ek chair par baithne ko kaha aur mujhe... mujhe drink offer kiya!",

she says, spitting venom through hee last four words, feeling disgusted.

Naushad knits his brows but remains quiet.

"Shuru mein theek se baat kar raha tha. Maine usse pucha ke usne kyun bulaya tha mujhe wahan. Usse mera usse theek se baat na karna pasand nahi aa raha tha, usne bataya mujhe."

Naushad's breathing rate increases a little.

"Fir usne kaha ke wo mujhse pyar karta hai...",

Meher lowers her voice at this, scared about his reaction to this line of hers.

Naushad places the tips of his fingers under her chin and forcing her to look into his eyes, he prompts,

"Kya kaha?"

Meher's heartbeat picks up pace. Why does he have to do this? Dictating all this is already too much for her and his forcing to say all that looking straight into his eyes is making it all the more difficult for her. After all she is not habitual to discussing such matters with you everyday Naushad, have some mercy on the poor soul!

She knows how it might affect Naushad, she herself is getting affected again, but in a different way this time. This time more than her hatred towards Irfan; it is her worry about how it is affecting Naushad and what might he end up doing if his anger increases!

"Kya kaha?",

he prompts again, looking straight into her eyes.

Meher nervously, looking into his eyes, dares to repeat her words,

"Ke wo mujhse pyaa...",

but before she could complete the line, his warm lips seal hers! It comes as a total surprise for Meher. At first she feels the pressure on her lips, this was because he was expecting a denial from her side. But her taken aback by the surprise freezes her body and mind for the first few seconds. Hence she neither denies; nor accepts. But as her mind starts accepting what's happening with her, she actually discovers that this is exactly what she had been craving for, for so long! As she starts enjoying it properly, reciprocating it, with her first moan, Naushad ends it! Making her to linger... craving for him to complete what he started, what they started!

Meher's mind spins as his withdrawal comes as a surprise! Why did he do that she wonders? Her wet lips go dry within moments. Frustration fills her mind! Her skin cells tight. Her adrenaline rush high! But she is helpless here because she doesn't have guts to ask him to continue what he started, what they started!

Then suddenly she remembers how he doesn't deserve to be loved by a rape victim! Her mind turns 180 degrees! She starts scolding him silently, why did he touch her? He deserves much better than her!

"Ab karega?",

he asks her, challenging her.

Raising a brow he prompts her.

"I am sure ab nahi karega!",

smiles Naushad big, looking straight into her eyes.

"Par main... jo kuch bhi tumhare saath hua... uske baad bhi karunga!!!!",

he declares, looking straight into her eyes.

They haven't confessed ever, he hasn't exactly confessed even yet, but they both know what they are talking about. And as long as they both understand their unuttered words, they need nothing else. No lovey-dovey words, no hundred assurances about how they love each other, nothing. All that that matters to them is their presence with each other. Their being together!

Slowly Meher nervously takes her hand towards his face but stops just around his right cheek out of hesitation.

Naushad understands her juzzbaat that she wants to touch him, but is nervous about the same. He never looking away from her, takes her hand and slowly places on his cheek, just where she craves to touch. He feels her hand. That's the first time she is touching him, mostly it is the other way around. She at least opening up gradually, that's a good sign, notes Naushad mentally.

She adjusts her hand properly on his cheek, her eyes constant on his cheek and his eyes constant on her, gauging her expressions and reactions. What is she up to, he wonders.

Her eyes gradually well up! And softly she asks, her eyes still transfixed on his cheek,

"Ammi ne bohot tez mara tha? Bohot dard hua?"

Her questions touch his heart. No many care to ask about his well being!

Smiling, staring her, he shakes his head into negative,

"Nahi. Kaho to abhi chalein tumhare ghar ek aur maar khane ke liye?"

Meher glares him jokingly.

This makes Naushad to laugh, throwing his head backwards. Meher laughs too silently.

Soon their laughter ends and they keep staring each other. Their smiles vanishing gradually. Their stares turning all the more possessive. Meher slowly bends into him and places a slow and sweet kiss just where he got slapped. Naushad feels it with his eyes closed. He doesn't move an inch to hold her; or get closer to her. He understands she is progressing, she is opening up slowly, he needs to have patience.

Doing so, she gets away a little and in a hushed voice, requests him,

"Hug me Naushad!!! Mujhse mere juzzbaatt aur nahi ruk rahein!!!",

her eyes well up.

"Pleaseee...",

she pleads, looking into his eyes.

Her consent was all he needed, he enveloped her into a bone crushing hug. He knows that she has wounds throughout her body, but at this time he really needs this as much as she needs it! And he somehow knows that she wouldn't mind even it causes a little pain! And then he is a doctor, medicines are always at an arms length for him, isn't it?

After enjoying the hug, they slowly let go of each other.

"Tumne kaha tha you took my name! When did you take my name?",

he asks what he wanted to ask her since the moment he heard her saying so.

Blood drains out of Meher's place. She stares him in horror! How can she say that when?

"Kya hua? Batao!",

prompts Naushad.

"Main... wo...",

Meher fails to put her juzzbaatt into words, nervous.

Naushad knits his brows, unable to understand why is she nervous!

"Kya hua?",

asks Naushad, tensed.

Meher stares him, blushing, but not smiling.

"Naushad... when all that was happening... it was too much to endure... so darr, pain, gussa, helplessness, inn sub ka mixture whatever it was... it was getting difficult for me to endure everything...",

says Meher, ignoring to look towards Naushad, out of hesitation.

It's now that the realization dawns upon Naushad and he widens his eyes, blushing, lowering his eyes out of hesitation. Then looks back towards her sheepishly.

"Mujhe pata nahi chala ke mere emotions itne high kab ho gaye and I... I shouted your name!",

confesses Meher, her eyes lowered out of hesitation.

Naushad keeps staring her, knitting his brows while Meher keeps her head bowed. Unable to control himself any longer, he bursts out into a fit of laughter, throwing his head back. And how hard might he try he fails to stop himself from laughing.

Meher feels offended, how can he do that? He is making fun of her emotions, sitting right next to her?

She keeps staring him, knitting her brows, why would he laugh?

"I... I am sorry... shayad mujhe ye baat apse kehni nahi chahiye thi...",

she says hesitantly, lowering her eyes, feeling offended.

Naushad gradually stops laughing, but the residue his laughter persists on his face.

"Bura laga?",

he asks politely.

Meher looks towards him on hearing that. The hell 'bura laga'!

"Hanso Meher...",

he requests, softly.

This skips Meher's heartbeat.

Smiling politely, he says,

"Jab tak tum khud koshish nahi karogi iss se ubharne ki, koi bhi taaqat tumhe iss situation se bahar nahi nikaal sakti!"

This skips another of her heartbeat and she realizes how right he is!

Taking a deep breath, Naushad looks towards her, he knows that what he is about to say, the effect of it could be either positive or negative! Positive might help her to get through this period; but negative might take him away from her, and they might be standing from where they started!

He chooses to start from the beginning!

"Acha ek baat batao Meher, tum filhal kis baat se subse zyada darr rahi ho?",

he asks, looking straight into her eyes, smiling politely to give her strength to speak up.

Meher's heartbeat picks up pace. Her breath becomes shallow.

"Meherrr!",

warns Naushad politely, to not get anxious in front of him. To calm down when he is there with her in this.

"Kisi mard ke mere paas aney se... mujhey chuney se...",

she tells him. She could feel that she is healing gradually. She is more relaxed after having all these conversations with him.

Naushad smiles sadly, he already knew this is going to be her answer.

He asks then,

"Fir jo humne abhi kiya... wo kyun?"

"Nahi janti...",

she whispers, her eyes on the verge of welling up, her throat choked.

Naushad realizes that she is going through a face of dilemma. Her emotions are high - whether it's about acceptance or about resistance or may be about withdrawal! She is confused. At one moment she enjoys his company, his being there with her; and within moments she wants to push him away from her, to ask him to leave her alone. The withdrawal he does witness every now and then in her eyes. Only that she doesn't exactly understand how to put it in words.

Looking towards him, with tearful eyes, she says in broken voice,

"But it relaxed me... healed me...!"

Naushad knits his brows, how can a woman who went through all that, that she went through could feel healed by the touch of a male? He wondered! He has observed women going through these faces because he does know doctors dealing with such situations and has also got the opportunity to observe the women too. But this is the first time he is dealing with such a case.

"I am confused Meher... I am speechless...!!! I am lost!!!",

he confesses the truth, knitting his brows.

Meher smiles sadly, understanding him.

"Jab mere saath wo sub kuch hua, I took your name. Why?",

she asks softly.

Naushad slowly looks towards her, his eyes possessive on her, demanding the answer of the same question from her.

"Because I feel secured in your presence. I feel like running to you each time I reach hospital! You are my escape!",

she says, in a hushed voice, her emotions high.

Naushad realizes she surely is healing! These are the kind of words he uses to get her back to normal self and now he is getting somewhat same words from her, she surely is accepting the fact and healing!

"Wo sub hone ke baad main tut chuki thi. Apse durr rehne ki koshish kar rahi thi kyunki I felt guilty!",

she confesses hesitantly, her eyes lowered.

"Guilty?",

Naushad knits his brows. Why would she feel guilty? It wasn't her fault.

"Main khud ko apke liye paq saaf nahi rakh payi Naushad!",

she confesses, her eyes well up, she avoids looking towards him out of guilt.

This contracts Naushad's heart. How stupid can she be to think that? How could she think that?

"Meher...",

he shakes his head in utter disbelief. He finds himself at a loss of word!

"Humare darmiyan ye sub kab se aa gaya Meher? Kaise aney diya tumne?",

he asks her, knitting his brows, staring her in disbelief.

Meher slowly looks towards him, nervously.

"Meri shadi ho chuki hai! For heavens sake meri ek beti hai Meher... Kya inn baaton ne tumhe affect kiya?",

he questions her, knitting his brows, pissed off by her thoughts!

"That is a different thing, and this... is different!",

says Meher, timidly.

"Just end this topic right here Meher!",

orders Naushad, sternly.

"Meher main Arwa ko har roz subah yaad karta hun!",

he confesses, with no regret.

Meher stares him knitting her brows.

"Janti ho kyun?",

he asks, with no expectation of getting a reply from her.

Looking away, drowning into his thoughts and feelings, he says,

"Kyunki main nahi chahta ke main usse bhulun! Uss dhoke ko bhulun jo usne mujhe diya! Uss dhoke ne hi mujhe itne garam mizaj insaan mein tabdeel kiya."

Meher could feel his emotions perfectly, she knits her brows all the more as her heart contracts hearing him.

"Ye sub baatein kar ke mera tumhe hurt karne ka, tumhe unn sub baaton se firse guzarne ka mauka dene ka koi irada nahi tha Meher. Haan shayad guzarne dene chahta tha isliye nahi ke tumhe dard ho balki iss liye taki tum habitual ho jao iss baat ki!",

he says, earnestly.

Meher stares him, waiting for him to continue.

"Aaj koi bhi mujhe iss baat ko keh kar mujhe hurt nahi kar sakta ke main ek divorcee hun; ya maine apni biwi ka katl kiya hai; ya god knows aur kya kya afwahein hain mujhe le kar. Such kahun to main inn sub ko sunn kar unsuna kar deta hun. Janti ho kyun?",

he asks her, looking towards her.

Meher stares him, waiting for him to continue.

"Kyunki mujhe inn baaton se farak nahi parhta!"

Meher's heart swells hearing that.

"Uss din jab canteen mein tum sub baatein kar rahe the mere barey mein. Maine khud kaha tha ke maine apni biwi ka murder kiya hai!",

reminds Naushad.

Meher lowers her eyes, feeling ashamed.

"Jab tum mere cabin mein ayi aur wo kitab tumne dekhi, tab bhi I made fun of it. Because I don't care Meher! I just don't care ke duniya mere barey mein kya sochti hai! Main janta hun ke such kya hai. And that is it!",

he says, confidently, looking straight into her eyes, stressing on the word 'main'.

Meher's heart swells seeing his confidence.

"Par ab fark parhne laga hai...",

he says, looking straight into her eyes.

Meher's breath hitches. She stares him.

"Farak parhne laga hai iss baat se ke tum mere barey mein kya sochti ho.",

he tells her, softly.

Meher after staring her for sometime, lowers her eyes.

Hesitantly, Meher says,

"Apse ek baat puchun?"

"Pucho!",

says Naushad, smiling, knitting his brows.

"Apne aisa kyun kaha ke ab wo kuch nahi karega? I mean aap aisa kaise keh sakte hain?",

she asks hesitantly.

Naushad smiles, understanding her.

"Meher, bhaley hi humare beech shuru se ek khichaw raha ho. Humare gusse mein; humari ladayi mein humesha se ek kashish rahi ho, jo humein ek dusre ki taraf kheenchti thi. Par hum kabhi ek dusre ke samne ye zahir nahi kar payein. Aur isliye main khul kar tumhari side nahi le pa raha tha. Ek hichkichahat thi!",

he says, lowering his eyes out of hesitation.

Then he looks back towards her and says with full confidence,

"Par ab... ab main kisi ke samne bhi apne juzzbaatt bayan karne se hesitate nahi karunga! And I'll make sure ke tum bhi apne juzzbaatt mujhse share karne se na hichkichao."

This swells Meher's heart, she blushes looking at him. Naushad smiles too with all his heart.

"Fir kya hua Meher?",

he asks, eager to know what all happened with her.

Hesitantly, she continues,

"Fir... fir usne mujhey mara...",

her voice chokes, as if she could feel the pain afresh.

Naushad grinds his teeth such that her jawline becomes perfectly visible.

"Yahan...",

she traces her face slowly with her finger, where he had applied medicine.

Naushad stares her bruised cheek, his eyes burning with anger. He slowly rubs around the bruised part of her cheek, careful, not touching the bruises as he doesn't want to hurt her by any means. Slowly, pushing her on to the bed he lays down with her, resting his body weight on the bed through his elbow. He stares her bruise, Meher stares him. Naushad slowly shifts his vision on to her eyes. They stare each other. Meher's heartbeat picks up pace. Out of nervousness and anxiety, she rubs her right foot on the left. The expanding and contracting of her chest in quick succession makes Naushad to laugh silently.

"Hansiye mat!",

she orders him, feeling offended.

He finds it all the more adorable,

"Arey juzzbaatt hain, rok ke kaise rakhun?",

asks Naushad, mockingly and purses his lips.

Rolling her eyes, Meher taunts,

"Jaise ki aap juzzbaatt rokna na jante hon! Itne dino se aur kar bhi kya rahe hain!"

Meher holds her tongue.

Naushad widens his eyes, smiling in astonishment.

"Kya... kar... raha... hun main itne dino se Dr. Mirza?",

he asks, teasing her, pursing his lips to hide his smile.

Meher lowers her eyes, blushing.

"Aur aap jo apne juzzbaatt mujhse chupati firti hain, wo sahi hai?",

retorts Naushad, playfully.

Meher looks towards him sheepishly.

"Agar aap mere samne apne juzzbaatt sahi waqt par bayan kar detin to shayad ye sub na hota!",

he taunts her playfully.

But he realizes what a blooper he made and slowly turns serious, mentally scolding himself why couldn't he hold back his tongue? Why is it that today his juzzbaatt is overflowing?

No denial his words affect Meher! She turns serious. Then suddenly something comes to her mind and with a new determination, she narrows her eyes on him, and accuses him,

"Agar aap mujhse zara aur ghul mil jatey to shayad main apne juzzbaatt asani se apko bayan kar deti!"

Getting closer to her he asks her,

"Kitna ghulna milna tha? Itna...?"

Meher's breath hitches, but she enjoys it.

"Ya itna...",

he trails off her face line with his finger.

Meher shuts her eyes, leaning onto his touch, smiling, blushing. Naushad enjoys witnessing her carefree.

Removing his finger, he asks,

"Fir kya hua?"

Shocked Meher opens her eyes!

'What... what is he??? Such a torture!!!'

She glares him and takes a deep breath, controlling her heightened feelings. Looking away out of anger! This again makes Naushad to laugh, but he purses his lips.

"Fir maine usse zor se dhakka diya... aur wahan se bhagne lagi...",

anxiety grabs her all over again.

She holds him by his upper arm tightly, but her mind is not there and wandering at the fateful incident.

"Par usne mujhe pakad liya... aur zor se chanta mara. Main floor par gir gayi, mera sir takraya kisi cheez se... aur..",

her heartbeat's pace reaches the upper limit.

Her hold on Naushad tightens. Naushad doesn't mind it at all. All he gets tensed about is Meher's mental state.

Naushad realizes that he needs to sooth this heart wrenching memory of hers. He asks her urgently, knitting his brows, anger surging through him,

"Kahan mara mujhe batao..."

She trails off the cheek where he slapped.

Getting down there he showers her with innumerable kisses, especially on the spot where she gestured.

She enjoys it and slowly starts blushing, giggling.

"Naushad... Naushad stop it...",

she mummers, but enjoys everything he does.

Naushad of course doesn't listen to her pleas as he could feel her relaxing under him!

Meher suddenly again remembers that her mother had slapped him, she gets a little serious and whilst he continues with kissing her, she takes him by surprise by kissing him right where he had been slapped by her mother. He stops abruptly. They look into each other's eyes, both serious. Then soon they both smile together and hug each other tight.

"Apne juzzbaatt ko apne doston ke samne bayan karna. Unse apne juzzbaatt batne mein koi burayi nahi hai Dr. Mirza",

says Naushad ending the hug, looking into her eyes.

"Dr. Mirza?",

laughs Meher, sarcastically and looks towards him.

Her words make Naushad to blush.

Laughing, she says,

"Mujhe laga tha ab main apke liye Meher ho gayi hun? Sirf Meher!"

Naushad could feel that she is enjoying on being addressed as Dr. Mirza again.

"Nazdikiyan mehsus ho rahi hain mujhe!",

says Naushad, smiling naughtily, narrowing his eyes on her.

"Aur aap koshish bhi nahi karenge inn nazdikiyon ki wajah dhundhne ki?",

asks Meher, raising her right brow naughtily.

This makes Naushad to laugh.

Tracing her face line, he says,

"Aap mujhe apne paas ana to durr... meri taraf aap dekh bhi nahi rahin theek se! Ab aap hi batayiye ke iss bartaw ka main kya matlab nikalun?"

Staring him for sometimes, Meher closes her eyes, blushing she shakes her head into negative.

"Naushad please ye line aap badal sakte the!",

she whispers, laughing silently, blushing.

"Mere line na badalne se apko problem ho rahi hai, to aap ye sochiye ke apka apke juzzbaatt mujhe lekar, jo aap mujhe nahi bata rahin, mujhe kitni bechaini ho rahi hogi?",

says Naushad, teasing her.

This attracts Meher's attention. She stares him, shocked! Did he really say that? A knot forms in her throat out of too much love for him. They stare each other, smiling seductively. Naushad waits for her to say something, hoping that she understands his emotions.

"Mujhe thoda waqt dijiye.",

says Meher.

"Kis baat ke liye?",

asks Naushad.

Meher stares him, with this question Naushad succeeds in triggering her emotion of hurt and frustration.

Lowering her eyes, controlling her emotions, she says,

"Apko sub batane ke liye!"

Naushad stares her quietly for sometime, his brows knit together. Meher hesitates to look towards him, aware of his eyes on her.

Knowing his answer, she waits for it. But he takes her by surprise as he changes his words yet again,

"Nahi de sakta! Mujhse ab mere juzzbaatt nahi sambhal rahe!",

he says, pursing his lips. As Meher's expression of shock on discovering the changes made in his words, makes her look so adorable.

Meher doesn't relax even a wee bit, knowing that this discussion hasn't finished yet! Suddenly his next question skips her heartbeat and takes her juzzbaatt to another level!

"Bus aap mujhe ek baat bata dein...",

he says.

Meher stares him.

Never ending the eye contact, he asks her,

"Will you marry me Meher?"

Tear rolls down Meher's cheeks. Naushad lovingly, knitting his brows, wipes off the tears and teasingly says,

"Arey arey agar abhi sarey ansu baha dogi to rukhsati ke waqt kya karogi? Ansu ki kami nahi ho jayegi?"

Meher beats him lovingly on his chest. Laughing, he hugs her tight.

"Bus ab ek baat ki tension hai!",

says Naushad.

Meher looks up at him to know what it is!

"Tumhare ghar walon ko to main asani se mana lunga, par...",

he says, knitting his brows.

"Par?",

asks Meher.

Looking towards her sheepishly, he says,

"Aliya tumhe apni Ammi banane ke liye maneygi ke nahi pata nahi!"

Meher's heart clenches at thought of Aliya. Her heart fills with love for her. Tears of joy roll down her cheeks. Controlling herself, she beats Naushad, lovingly and they both laugh out loud. Naushad wipes off her tears again and hugs her tight.

Naushad remembers what he had bought, producing it in front of her, he gauges her reaction. Meher gets nervous.

"Meher mujhe please galat mat samajhna... but I want to erase all those feelings that's torturing you.",

he says, hesitantly yet earnestly.

Meher pleads him with her eyes, with a lowered voice, Meher requests him,

"Naushad main abhi nahi kar paungi. Mujhe thoda waqt de dijiye...please..."

Smiling, he says,

"Diya! Bus ye yaad rakhna Meher ab main tumse iss barey mein kabhi baat nahi karunga. Jis din tum chahogi, tum taiyaar hogi uss din hi hum agey barhenge. Mera ye khareedna iske peeche koi galat maksad nahi tha. Mujhe bus ye janna tha ke tum kis hadd tak uss baat se ubhar payi ho. I wanted to see your reaction to this! I am glad ki tum extreme tak nahi gayi! I have seen women going to such an extent that they literally start hating all this, they get anxious. You too are anxious for sure, but I am glad ki baat itni bhi nahi bigdi tumhare case mein.",

he relaxes, smiling.

Meher smiles and says earnestly,

"It's because of you!"

Naushad smiles assuring her silently that he is always there for her. Their emotions reach peak levels.

Then suddenly getting serious, he dictates her,

"Meher maine uss waqt subke samne kuch nahi kaha kyunki mujhe Irfan ke khilaf sabut ikathhe karne the. Aur iss baat ke liye mujhe usse ye yakeen dilana zaruri tha ke main uske saath hun aur tum par bilkul bharosa nahi karta.",

he tells her feeling guilty.

Meher smiles a little, assuring him that it's fine he doesn't have to feel guilty about it.

"Kyunki mujhe yakeen ho gaya tha ke uski fitrat abhi bhi waisi hi hai main samjh gaya tha ke koi jo iske saath rehta ho regular basis par, wo hi meri madad kar sakta hai. Coincidentally mere paas Irfan ke ek dost ka number tha. Wo isliye kyunki ek baar Irfan ne uske dost ko mera number diya tha, uska bacha beemar tha isliye. Maine usse baat ki aur jaise-taise usse baat nikalwayi. Usne mujhe bataya ke Irfan ko apne kisi ex-student se beshumar mohobbat ho gayi thi aur uske birthday par kya hua tha!",

saying so Naushad looks towards Meher, apologetically. Meher lowers her eyes hesitantly.

"Usne ye bhi bataya ke wo abhi hal hi mein tumse mila tha aur bohot kuch hua...",

Naushad's blood boils as he utters these words. Meher notices his reactions and her heart clenches.

"Usne of course mujhe ye to nahi bataya ke kya hua tha par uske bolne ke tehzeeb se main sab kuch samjh gaya!!"

"Usse baat karne ke baad maine police ko phone karke sub kuch such such bata diya aur keh diya ke usse jald se jald giraftar kar le."

"Tumhara resignation letter dekh kar such kahun to main darr gaya tha!",

he confesses, looking towards her sorrowfully.

"Par maine patience rakha."

"Police ne usse giraftar kar liya. Maine unhe request ki ke wo mera naam filhal disclose na karein. Aur fir baad ki kahani to tum janti hi ho!",

smiles Naushad.

~*~*~

In order to relax her anxiety, Naushad sighs and melodramatically says,

"Waise main jhoot nahi kahunga, sapne to maine bohot dekhe the isse khareedte waqt. Socha tha ke shayad tum bilkul comfortable hogi aur shayad mujhe encourage bhi karo..."

Meher stares him wide eyed, blushing profusely, beating him softly. Naushad laughs and places it at the bed side and hugs Meher tight.

"Take as much time as you want Meher bus mujhse durr kabhi mat jana. These are not important for me. What's important is tumhara saath; tumhara mujh par aitbaar.",

he lets him know.

"Kis juzzbaatt par kaise waar karna hai koi apse seekhe!",

Meher teases him..

This makes him to laugh out loud and he tightens his hold on her; Meher reciprocates the gesture.

-THE END-
(10.8.2018)

Author's Note

Started on 14th May 2018. Ended on 22nd May 2018. Took eight days to wrap up this story. And I can't explain my Juzzbaatt on completing my second story on Naushad and Meher (NAUHER).

If I talk about the title I was particular about using it. Normally when I give title to my story, I have the concept in my mind already. But with this story I had the title first with me, then the concept!

I wanted to write my second story on Naushad and Meher. I wanted to use the title Juzzbaatt. I knew HAQ SE has potential to get the title of Juzzbaatt. And which else scene could come into mind when we are thinking of HAQ SE and JUZZBAATT simultaneously if not this scene?

I always wanted to write on such a concept not because it's a bold concept but because it's a serious issue and has a lot of potential to write about. Initially I kept postponing it due to some reason or the other but with HAQ SE, I finally got a reason to start writing on such concepts.

I don't know how much this story succeeded in touching your heart. May be there are things which you didn't like. May be there are parts which must have been difficult for you to accept but I guess this is how I wanted the story to turn out like.

But thank you so much to all my constant readers, voters, commenter, silent readers as well for sticking to the story and liking it. To all those who commented especially because your comments constantly motivated me. Means a lot to me.

I would also like to add here that I really enjoyed using Urdu words in both of my stories - TU HI ZINDAGANI and JUZZBAATT!   TU HI ZINDAGANI despite being my first full fledged story where I used Urdu, but it wasn't exactly the first story where I used Urdu. The first story ever where I dared to use Urdu words was 'SHARIM-VISAAL ZIKR TERA' . It is based on a Pakistani serial 'Sunn Leyna'. I haven't completed it yet but now after having written two stories on HAQ SE, I am really considering completing that story now. But let's see when it finally happens.

Getting back to JUZZBAAT thank you so much for all your support and here I am wrapping up my second story on Naushad and Meher (keeping a count lolz...). Hopefully will return back with another story soon.

Thank you
Tata!

(10.8.2018)

Everyone mistakes meher naushad 4 a couple.so sweet.liked the dr saying that naushad is one of d few men who support women in this condition.but in d show Naushad didn't support her.glad that here he is diff.nice to see meher so comfortable with him though such victims r scared of men.sad to see his sis still blaming meher n fighting with naushad.naushad holding meher's hand n leaving was a nice scene.

Glad that Naushad got the culprit arrested.liked him saying to meher that 4 family reputation if she hides her culprits probs will only increase.liked him promising her that he wont let her family reputation be harmed.Meher cant face other hospital staffs.liked naushad asking her if she can look at his face.if so she doesn't have to bother about what others think.Naushad asking her if she is moving away from him just bcz he is a man n wiping her face was nice.good to see naushad narrating her sis' married life to her n how he knew his BIL's true colour b4 itself.liked naushad telling her that he trusts her.in d show there was no trust.the last dialogue of meher n hug were sweet.

liked d conversation regarding their Juzzbat.Kiss was unexpected n romantic.she asking him to hug her was intense.she telling that it hugged me n healed me was nice.Naushad proposing her n telling that she can take time but she shudnt g far away from him n he needs her was lovely.hopefully aaliya will have no prob with their marriage.Naushad holding her tight n she reciprocating was nice.

U didn't pm me.So I didn't know that u updated it.accidentally I saw it 2day n I read it

Originally posted by jasminerahul

Everyone mistakes meher naushad 4 a couple.so sweet.liked the dr saying that naushad is one of d few men who support women in this condition.but in d show Naushad didn't support her.glad that here he is diff.nice to see meher so comfortable with him though such victims r scared of men.sad to see his sis still blaming meher n fighting with naushad.naushad holding meher's hand n leaving was a nice scene.

Glad that Naushad got the culprit arrested.liked him saying to meher that 4 family reputation if she hides her culprits probs will only increase.liked him promising her that he wont let her family reputation be harmed.Meher cant face other hospital staffs.liked naushad asking her if she can look at his face.if so she doesn't have to bother about what others think.Naushad asking her if she is moving away from him just bcz he is a man n wiping her face was nice.good to see naushad narrating her sis' married life to her n how he knew his BIL's true colour b4 itself.liked naushad telling her that he trusts her.in d show there was no trust.the last dialogue of meher n hug were sweet.

liked d conversation regarding their Juzzbat.Kiss was unexpected n romantic.she asking him to hug her was intense.she telling that it hugged me n healed me was nice.Naushad proposing her n telling that she can take time but she shudnt g far away from him n he needs her was lovely.hopefully aaliya will have no prob with their marriage.Naushad holding her tight n she reciprocating was nice.

U didn't pm me.So I didn't know that u updated it.accidentally I saw it 2day n I read it

Thank you so much for liking this story 😳and apologies for not PMing.😭 I am visiting IF after a long time today so I have no idea why I missed PMing you. πŸ˜›

Stay blessed. πŸ˜³