The Distance Between Us (Deluxe) - TDBU Outtakes [Track 6 - Pg 22] - Page 6

Posted: 5 years ago

Bonus Track 4 - Mission Riddhima Loves Armaan

Armaan smiled at Riddhima hesitantly before holding the door of the car open for her. Like a gentleman, he helped her sit before closing the door behind her. Then, he rushed to his side and sat down, gunning the engine and driving off.

Sid, who had been watching them, pumped his fist in the air and cried, "YES!"

He had decided last night, after seeing the way Armaan & Riddhima had reacted to each other, that he would get them back together. It was clear to him that Armaan still loved Riddhima, no matter how aloof he tried to behave. And, everyone knew that Riddhima still loved Armaan. She'd never shied away from declaring her love for him, had always been straight forward when it came to accepting the fact that she still loved him and always would.

When they'd filed for an annulment, almost a year after their wedding, Riddhima had been clear with Sid. She'd told him that she only ever saw him as a friend and nothing else, that she'd only love Armaan all her life. Though Sid had been in love with her then, and had wanted to give their relationship one more chance, he'd agreed when Riddhima had suggested their separation.

He knew that Riddhima had put sincere efforts in trying to forget about her past and building a new life with Sid, but she'd never been successful. Whenever Sid tried to come near her, she'd freeze and stiffen, and in a horrified voice, ask Sid for some more time before running away and locking herself up in her room for the rest of the night. When he tried to initiate intimate talks, she'd get uncomfortable and Sid had never once missed the way she drew in a sharp breath whenever he told her that he loved her.

He'd observed, how Riddhima would smile to herself and blush when she was looking at the moon. He remembered the one conversation he'd had with Armaan when he'd told Sid about how Armaan & Riddhima would spend countless nights, talking on the phone and looking at the moon outside their respective windows, how Riddhima found it romantic to think that they were connected in that moment because they were both gazing at the same moon. The conversation would play in his mind on loop whenever he saw Riddhima smiling at the moon. She'd never talked to Sid while gazing at it. So, it was obvious that she was remembering her time with Armaan when she did so.

Riddhima didn't have any tangible reminders of her relationship with Armaan, having destroyed them all the day of her wedding with Sid, apart from one kada that Armaan had given her. She refused to remove it from her wrist, no matter what. Riddhima had never told Sid that Armaan had gifted it to her, but he knew. He'd once heard Armaan & Riddhima talking about it when Armaan had accused her of still loving him because she wore it. Riddhima had vehemently denied Armaan's claim that day, and made some silly excuse as to why she was wearing it, which, at the time Sid had been naive enough to believe. But, in retrospect, he'd realized that what Armaan had been saying that day was true and Riddhima had worn it because it was a reminder of her love.

His insistence on trying to make it work with Riddhima had not only brought her immense pain, but also him. He'd constantly doubted his ability as a husband, cursing himself for being unable to keep his wife happy. He'd second guess himself at every turn, and the lack of any kind of intimacy - emotional or physical - in their relationship had made him frustrated. He understood that Riddhima needed time before they could move ahead, but it was like no matter how hard she tried, she was still stuck in the same time where she was in love with Armaan.

So, to end her pain and his insecurity, when Riddhima had suggested the annulment, he'd agreed immediately, even though some part of his heart wanted to give it another chance. He'd already lost Tamanna, and losing Riddhima too had been a daunting feeling, but he'd decided that it was better than the half life he'd been living since his wedding.

And, once his expectations from Riddhima dwindled, the dissolution of their marriage, dissolving any kind of hope he had from her, they'd instantly clicked and soon become the best of friends. They'd talk and laugh and joke. They'd share their thoughts and feelings with each other. They never talked about Armaan, even though Sid had assured Riddhima time and again that he didn't mind it, that he was there to listen if she wanted to talk about him, but she'd never taken him up on the offer. But, still, they talked about everything else, apart from him. And, Sid had realized, that his friendship with Riddhima had been more fulfilling in a few months than their marriage had been for almost a year.

Slowly, but surely, he'd come to realize that he hadn't actually been in love with her, but the idea of her, the thought that she could love someone so deeply, invoking feelings within him for the want of a love like hers, especially after what had happened with Tamanna. Once he'd realized that, any trace of resentment he'd felt towards Riddhima for ending their relationship vanished.

He'd tried to encourage her to find Armaan many times after, but she'd always refused firmly. He hadn't pushed the issue much because he didn't want to interfere in her love life, especially where Armaan was concerned, but he'd always hoped that one day, those two would meet again, and all the sins he'd committed when he'd married Riddhima would wash away.

So, today, seeing them take a step forward from where they'd been stuck in the last 7 years, Sid was overjoyed. He'd make sure that they ended up together this time.

"Kya baat hai, Sid? You're looking very accomplished," Anjali stated, coming to stand beside him.

Sid smiled. "Yeah," he answered. "Armaan & Riddhima just left. Together."

Anjali grinned when she heard that. But, she said, "So? They're supposed to go finalize wedding venues. Of course they went."

Sid shook his head at her, still smiling. "Yes, but they're together. That's a big deal. I hope that this time they spend with each other helps them realize that they would be infinitely happier with the other in their life."

Sid's words made Anjali look at him with pride. She'd always been fond of Sid, ever since she'd first met him at his and Riddhima's wedding. He was smart and sweet and caring. Though Anjali had opposed the wedding when she'd first heard from her father that Riddhima was getting married to someone other than Armaan, she'd changed her mind after meeting him.

Anjali knew that Riddhima would never be able to love someone else like she loved Armaan, but meeting Sid had assuaged her worries about Riddhima. She understood, that even if Riddhima would never be able to love Sid like she loved Armaan, there was hope, that one day, maybe she would be able to give Sid some space in her heart. And, with that thought in mind, she'd participated in the wedding festivities, happy that her sister may actually be able to live a happy life with someone who wasn't Armaan.

Sid & Riddhima's annulment had come as a shock to her because as far as she knew, Riddhima had been happy with him. The decision to marry again had been hers. When she'd done that, any doubt in Anjali's mind about Sid & Riddhima had vanished. And, the way they behaved around each other, at least in her presence, made her feel like they were growing closer everyday. But, only when the annulment had been announced did Anjali find out that it had been a show for others, to make them believe that Riddhima was moving on in her life, when it wasn't the case at all.

Anjali hadn't been as close with Riddhima during those last months of her marriage, thinking that Riddhima needed to build her relationship with Sid without outside interference. That's why, whenever the two sisters met, Anjali made a conscious choice to avoid talking about their love lives, choosing to talk about other things instead. However, on learning the truth of Riddhima's marriage with Sid, she wished that she'd talked to her. Riddhima had needed her support, but she hadn't been there to give it.

After, Anjali had been worried that maybe Sid would resent Riddhima for making a mockery of his life like she had. But, he was so well behaved with her, with all of them really. Anjali could detect undercurrents of slight hostility and resentment from Sid on occasion, especially when he was talking to Riddhima, but as time passed, it decreased to the extent that one day, she never ever saw Sid slight Riddhima in even the smallest of ways. And, she was there to witness the budding friendship between them.

She'd been surprised when Riddhima told her that Sid had been insisting that she find Armaan again. It was then that she realized that Sid genuinely did care for Riddhima, even after everything that had happened and her respect for him grew. Since then, the two of them had shared a very easy going and friendly relationship. And today, Anjali was even happier because she realized that Sid's insistence on helping Riddhima find Armaan weren't just empty promises to garner favour with anyone. He really wanted them to reunite.

"I hope so too," Anjali told Sid. "These past 7 years have been really tough on Riddhima."

Sid nodded in agreement. "But she's such a stubborn git. Why can't she just accept that she needs Armaan in her life? She's not telling him anything herself, and she isn't letting anyone say anything either. Upar se, this stupid ruse to make Armaan believe that we're still married!"

"We have to do something," Anjali declared.

"But what?" Sid asked helplessly. "We can't say anything to him because we promised her."

"We have to create circumstances so that Riddhima herself tells him everything," Anjali explained. "Hum usse itna majboor kar denge, that she'll just have to tell him."

"Hmmm," Sid replied.

"So, you in?" Anjali asked him.

"Definitely in," Sid agreed, hi fiving her.

"Great! So, Mission Riddhima Loves Armaan is now in action!" Anjali declared gleefully.

"What do we do first?" Sid asked.

"Nothing for now. We'll see how everything goes on this expedition of theirs and we'll take it from there. Meeting tonight to discuss the plan of action," she commanded. Sid nodded.

"Um... Do you think we should ask others to help?" Sid asked hesitantly. "AJ, Bhai, Bhabhi, Muskaan."

Anjali thought about it before replying. "Um, maybe Abhi. I don't think Nikki would help us. She still hasn't forgiven Riddhima for hurting Armaan so much. So, she won't want them to get back together. The same for Atul. He's really careful about anything that concerns Armaan. Armaan's been like a brother to him and the last thing Atul will want is to do something that could potentially cause problems for Armaan. We can ask Muskaan also, but she's all happy that Armaan is in some sort of relationship like thing with Tamanna, so I'm not sure she'll help in breaking them up, though I doubt they're even dating."

The mention of Tamanna cut Sid deep. All these years and one look at her had brought all his buried feelings rushing back. He had now realized that what Tamanna had said that day at the airport, what he'd desperately tried to believe was true, wasn't in fact the truth. Tamanna hadn't been a silly crush. Or an infatuation. Sid genuinely, deeply loved her. And in all these years, those feelings had not diminished. He'd just learned to ignore them, without even realizing that's what he was doing.

"Hmmm. Tamanna. Maybe she can help?" He asked Anjali, his voice breaking when he said her name. The same didn't go unnoticed by Anjali at all. She decided to do some digging.

"Oh, yes! I forgot. You know her, right?" She asked. "She's your friend, huh?" She stated innocently. Sid's eyes closer at that, his face contorting in pain.

"Kind of," he whispered. "But there's a story there," he told Anjali. "Tamanna was supposed to get married to Aniket. That's the reason she quit the hospital. And, jitna main usse jaanta hu, she definitely would have followed through. I got the wedding invite also. Which means, she's married. Toh, she's definitely not seeing Armaan. Maybe they're really good friends."

"Oh," Anjali muttered, disappointed. She had been hoping to use this plan to see where things went with Sid and Tamanna. But, if she was married, that would be impossible.

"Uh, should we talk to her?" She asked uncertainly.

Sid shook his head. "Do you remember what Rahul said? Tamanna doesn't like the girl who broke Armaan's heart. At all. I don't think she'll help us."

"Hmmm. You're right," Anjali agreed. "So, you and me. And we'll ask Abhi. This time, Armaan & Riddhima have to meet. I'm not going to rest till I make things right between them," she declared determined.

"You and me both," Sid agreed, pulling her in a hug. Anjali smiled and caressed Sid's cheek in a sisterly gesture before leaving. Sid smiled at her retreating figure and left too.

xxx

One more accomplice! Yay! 

Actually, earlier, this was going to be an actual chapter of the story as opposed to being an outtake, but then the absolute lack of Armaan or Riddhima in the entire chapter made me classify it as an outtake! :D

Oh My God I really need tissues
You know my love for Armaan still you posted it. 
It is very easy to make someone laugh but it takes all your might to make some one cry and you made me cry after reading the part I wish I hadnt read it and I m such a hypocrite that I read it twice. How amazingly this part had been done. 
This shows how much efforts you put in each  and every part you write.
This shows the pure soul of the story and you. 
The way you potray friendhip shows how much you adore the relationship you have with your friends.
I want to cry some more.
You got me upset.
Tumne kaise likh diya ye part pehle toh ye batao mujhe kyunki I knw you love our Armaan as much as I love him.
I seriously want to know kahan se aata h ye talent.
i love you !!
i am commenting like on alternate parts but believe me I read every single one.

damn praggs you are on a roll!! 🤣

anyways I am glad two people finally have their minds at right place and I love abhi helping gang. Abhi is legit the genuine person ever and show never did justice with that. Ridz & Abhi's friendship is something I would love to explore. <3

ps: is it bad if I don't like Atul & Nik's behaviour at the moment because they left when she needed them. and now what she's supposed to do ? Nikki should understand better than anyone else, Jia-Abhi thing happened, would she let her love blamed of a broken relationship of two? I think ridhima never said anything like that to them in past 7-8 years but think about it, I really want some thing where Ridz actually pours her heart to Nikki & Atul and how unfair they were to her. and no nothing infront of Armaan but something personal. more of a outtake kind of chapter.

anyways I loved how you are exploring every character here. :)
Edited by Meraki. - 5 years ago
res
unresed

I guess u're nt only person who loves armaan more... Count me in ;)

Ok i really thought I'm going to cry again bt well I'm glad its a happy update

I always hate ridhima for her foolishness.. She was so confused.. Not only armaan she even hurts sid so much... There are rare ppl lyk sid ub real life... And armaan?? This guy is nt real... Cvs really butchered ridhima's character

Yeah team anji n sid... Go guys go.. I'm with u... I knw atul n nikki is really angry at ridz bt well u can't deny it.. More than everyone atul is more attached with armaan on intern days. And nikki was his bf.. Agar ye dono aise behave karte jaise kuch hua hi nhi toh i would have been really mad..
Tammy isn't married that's for sure..
Edited by Prizi - 5 years ago
Originally posted by tanyaarora2912

Oh My God I really need tissues
You know my love for Armaan still you posted it. 
It is very easy to make someone laugh but it takes all your might to make some one cry and you made me cry after reading the part I wish I hadnt read it and I m such a hypocrite that I read it twice. How amazingly this part had been done. 
This shows how much efforts you put in each  and every part you write.
This shows the pure soul of the story and you. 
The way you potray friendhip shows how much you adore the relationship you have with your friends.
I want to cry some more.
You got me upset.
Tumne kaise likh diya ye part pehle toh ye batao mujhe kyunki I knw you love our Armaan as much as I love him.
I seriously want to know kahan se aata h ye talent.

I also needed tissues after writing this. I've cried ekdum badly while I wrote, but this was just something that I've been thinking for such a long time ki I couldn't not write it .

Bohot difficult tha , trust me. But I did my best. Koi talent talent nahi hai. Bas mere dil ke shabd hai. Thoda zyada poetic ho gaya na ? LOL. But really , I don't think much while writing. Bas jo mann karta hai woh likh deti hu . Tabhi toh 4 saal baad bhi ILYLTF chal rahi hai . :p

Ek toh tu meri itni tareef karti haina, Tani , main kya bolu ab. Poora bigaad ke rakha hai tune mujhe ! Thank you so much for your kindness ! :*****
Originally posted by Meraki.

i love you !!
i am commenting like on alternate parts but believe me I read every single one.

damn praggs you are on a roll!! 🤣

anyways I am glad two people finally have their minds at right place and I love abhi helping gang. Abhi is legit the genuine person ever and show never did justice with that. Ridz & Abhi's friendship is something I would love to explore. <3

ps: is it bad if I don't like Atul & Nik's behaviour at the moment because they left when she needed them. and now what she's supposed to do ? Nikki should understand better than anyone else, Jia-Abhi thing happened, would she let her love blamed of a broken relationship of two? I think ridhima never said anything like that to them in past 7-8 years but think about it, I really want some thing where Ridz actually pours her heart to Nikki & Atul and how unfair they were to her. and no nothing infront of Armaan but something personal. more of a outtake kind of chapter.

anyways I loved how you are exploring every character here. :)

I know you're reading them, love ! Tujhe sab khabar hoti haina ki pichle chapter mein kya hua even if you've not commented so I know .

Yes. Anjali and Sid are the only smart ones . :p

Yes . Abhi deserved more screen space and more character development . Lekin uski aur Nikki ke love story pe hi creative team ne itna concentrate kiya ki individual character development ka toh scope hi nahi tha . Abhi & Riddhima's friendship will bloom in outtakes , like more of Armaan and Rahul . :D

It's okay. i know that Nikki & Atul's behaviour towards Riddhima isn't justified , but it's just that they love Armaan so much. And uski sab takleef ke liye Riddhima ko blame karna was really easy . They shouldn't have done that . But Armaan ke dard ke aage woh dono Riddhima ka dard dekhna bhool gaye . There's a whole sequence of events that I'm planning on that so that Atul & Nikki apologize to Riddhima . We'll see how it pans out . :)
Originally posted by Prizi

res
unresed

I guess u're nt only person who loves armaan more... Count me in ;)

Ok i really thought I'm going to cry again bt well I'm glad its a happy update

I always hate ridhima for her foolishness.. She was so confused.. Not only armaan she even hurts sid so much... There are rare ppl lyk sid ub real life... And armaan?? This guy is nt real... Cvs really butchered ridhima's character

Yeah team anji n sid... Go guys go.. I'm with u... I knw atul n nikki is really angry at ridz bt well u can't deny it.. More than everyone atul is more attached with armaan on intern days. And nikki was his bf.. Agar ye dono aise behave karte jaise kuch hua hi nhi toh i would have been really mad..
Tammy isn't married that's for sure..

Agreed . CVs really ruined her character . I loved Sid's growth in the show. He started off as a spoilt brat and then he fell for Tamanna toh he started changing , but then when she left, he was this angry person and Riddhima became the receiver of all his frustrations. Frankly speaking, the whole photo thing was taking it too far and I hated him in that duration . But then when he found out about Armaan, he was so supportive of Riddhima and tried so hard to find him, toh I started liking him thoda thoda and then during the whole progression of his & Riddhima's relationship and then his friendship with Armaan , it was really nice to see him grow under both their influences . I think he had the best individual character arc cause he went from a person many hated to being loved/adored .

And Armaan toh is unreal . Really, no one can be like him in real life . He's just... *sighs* <333333

Sid & Anjy are awesome ! Let's see ab kya hota hai. :p

Yes, Atul & Nikki were definitely the closest to Armaan, and of course they're angry with Riddhima , but somewhere , I feel that their anger is also a little irrational because they weren't there to help her when her parents were getting her married off to Sid, so... But , let's see. Their relationship and the reason for their behaviour will be discussed in the outtakes when we talk about Riddhima's POV of the 7 years .
Originally posted by Prizi

btw post name edit karle

Aaj na sab gadbad hi raha hai . Index mein bhi add karna bhool gayi . :p
Finally someone is trying to bring them together...its gonna be interesting to see how can they do that...and finally mujhe kahin to anjali pasand aayi wrna mujhe wo humesha selfish hi lagi... nonetheless der aaye durust aaye ðŸ˜› continue soon take care
Originally posted by DMGThings

Aaj na sab gadbad hi raha hai . Index mein bhi add karna bhool gayi . :p
bhulakkad