Laado 2 - Veerpur Ki Mardani

Avika Gor : There was no logic to what I was doing on the show

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Avika Gor had taken up the second season of the popular TV show 'Laado', titled 'Laado Veerpur Ki Mardaani', with high hopes. In fact, she had turned down several offers to give her nod to the project. Not only did it fail to meet her expectations, the show also didn't garner good ratings. It is now slated to go off air on May 25. Avika says, "I haven't been officially informed about the last date of telecast, but yes, I have heard that the show is going to end soon.

Too many changes in the storyline also made it difficult for the audience to connect with it. Avika says, "Initially, I was in awe of my character, Anushka, who is a strong, independent and educated woman. I have always wanted to be play an inspiring character. However, the script that was narrated to me turned out to be different from what unfolded. Too many changes were made too soon. According to the original script, Ammaji (Meghna Malik) was supposed to die after four months, following which Anushka would step into her shoes. However, Ammaji's character died in just a month. Soon after, Yuvraj (Shaleen Malhotra) was killed on the show and a new guy (Siddharth Arora) was roped in opposite me. The shift from Veerpur to Chandigarh, too, was abrupt.

Avika found her role so unconvincing that she had apparently expressed a desire to quit the show a month ago. While she refuses to comment on the subject, she says, "Every day, I had to convince myself to relate to the character. There have been scenes where I wondered why Anushka would behave the way she did, given that she is a lawyer. There was no logic to what I was doing. Had they told me that this show, too, would be like my previous show 'Sasural Simar Ka', which was all about 'chudails' and 'daayans', I wouldn't have questioned them on the logic. In short, I didn't expect the story to turn out the way it did. But then, it's a huge brand and I have learnt a lot from the experience.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruhi1985sheetal thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
If stars not happy with track how audience related them with show felt pity for Avika she is so loyal to colors want to quit show but didn't
PranPriye thumbnail
If she had acted better after the leap, I would have sympathised with her. All Indian shows are now illogical. She should look at theater or art movies or the like. Any actor worth his salt can act well with a logical script. A true actor, on the other hand, acts well with any script.
ariyabestfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
lo..show Ka main plot toh kuch Aur hi tha..

Aur Bana Diya kuch Aur..

shaleen n Avika ne bhi ek interview me Kaha tha..ke original story me bahot Sara romance Aur drama tha..

Khair ab show hi band ho Raha he ..Accha hi hua..

ariyabestfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
lo..show Ka main plot toh kuch Aur hi tha..

Aur Bana Diya kuch Aur..

shaleen n Avika ne bhi ek interview me Kaha tha..ke original story me bahot Sara romance Aur drama tha..

Khair ab show hi band ho Raha he ..

ChalkNCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
It looks like DnG PH signs the actors by promising them a meaty role and later they don't keep their promise
I used to think they are doing this to NK actors only but now it seems they do this in their every shows' actors
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: -DragonFire-

It looks like DnG PH signs the actors by promising them a meaty role and later they don't keep their promise

I used to think they are doing this to NK actors only but now it seems they do this in their every shows' actors

Hey dragon. I'm also stalking D&G production show's forums to see what the members have to say about their fave show going off air. I had no idea the production house were giving the same treatment as Naamkarann to their other shows. So in awe of Avika for her honest bashing of this loser PH. 😡