How man handling karthik barve is a better father than Neil!

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay, so before NK, zain was the male lead in the post leap story of yeh vaada raha on zee tv, but I can't remember the name of the character. The previous male lead before the leap, called karthik barve was the typical man-handling, mean male lead whose man-handling behaviour was portayed as almost romantic like indian serials tend to do. 

Even him and the female lead, survi had the same kind of track with karthik getting to know he has a daughter with survi after 7 years (although survi didn't know the girl was her own daughter... long story) but although karthik hated survi, as he misunderstood that she hid the truth about their daughter still being alive, he craved for the love of his daughter, and was in pain whenever his daughter gave him the cold-shoulder. He was so sweet to his daughter even when she showed no care for him, and it was this yearning of his to have his daughter love him that almost made you forget the horrid accusations he put on survi. He did do a custody case against survi, but it wasn't to hurt her, but because he genuinely wanted his daughter, but couldn't forgive survi for keeping him under the impression their daughter was dead, when she was with survi all along. 

Now on the other hand, you have our once perfect neil, who never man-handled avni, yet now is so full of hate and anger for her, he isn't really showing any love for his son, and is rather just acting like mowgli is his property that avni stole from him, and he wants his property back, because getting mowgli is just to hurt avni. I'm seeing no fatherly affection for mowgli from neil's side. It hurts to see neil like this. He's just so cold and heartless looking now. 😭
Edited by sammy17 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ITV_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks from the comparison Sammy... I have been trying to bring the same thing to light since the whole custody track start but no one agree EVERYONE HERE IS ON THEIR HELLS TO JUSTIFY NEIL AND PROVE ONLY AVNI WRONG 
Someone said new writers happen to be from KRPKAB in that show also there was no custody case ever DEV NEVER EVEN DOUBTED SONAKSHI yes he did think she has moved on but that whole different senario 
Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2
I think the situation is very different here...Neil loved Avni beyond measure ...her death and then betrayal has rattled him to the core. So yes I think unfortunately he is using Mowgli to get revenge in Avni ...it's all about his pain that Avni has caused him. Remember Neil Khanna does not get marry a woman Just because she has his child ...his child never matters more than his love for a woman. We saw this with mishty ...when he was told mishty was his child he never once thought of marrying Juhi for the child ..and I remember he was ready to send Juhi away with mishty to Canada and he told Avni that the only reason he brought mishty to the house was because Avni wanted the child to be in the house ...so Neil's love for Avni overshadows any feelings he has for his own child ..so it's the same with Mowgli ...he knows it's his son,..he's still married to the mother ..deep down he loves her but not once did it cross his mind to get together with her for the child ...and to be honest many couples on tv Do come together for the child. So it's stil all about his pain that his frat love Avni deakt him and now he must avenge her.  But the realization will hit him soon...hopefully ..otherwise his character cannot be redeemed 
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Indira1211

I think the situation is very different here...Neil loved Avni beyond measure ...her death and then betrayal has rattled him to the core. So yes I think unfortunately he is using Mowgli to get revenge in Avni ...it's all about his pain that Avni has caused him. Remember Neil Khanna does not get marry a woman Just because she has his child ...his child never matters more than his love for a woman. We saw this with mishty ...when he was told mishty was his child he never once thought of marrying Juhi for the child ..and I remember he was ready to send Juhi away with mishty to Canada and he told Avni that the only reason he brought mishty to the house was because Avni wanted the child to be in the house ...so Neil's love for Avni overshadows any feelings he has for his own child ..so it's the same with Mowgli ...he knows it's his son,..he's still married to the mother ..deep down he loves her but not once did it cross his mind to get together with her for the child ...and to be honest many couples on tv Do come together for the child. So it's stil all about his pain that his frat love Avni deakt him and now he must avenge her.  But the realization will hit him soon...hopefully ..otherwise his character cannot be redeemed 

@Bold- Neil really is a strange male lead. Where other male leads are man-handlers, are horrid to the woman they claim to love, they show unconditional love to the point of yearning for their child. Their love for their child is shown to be more than love for the female lead often. Here, from the time mishti was claimed to be his daughter, till mowgli, neil is shown as somebody who loves the woman he loves with complete passion, and is protective of her, never man-handles her, yet shows barely any emotion for his own child, or a child that is falsely presented to him as his own. 😕
Sanleema thumbnail
I don't know how many of you have seen it, but bade acche lagte Hai had the same scenario. A guy who still lives with his presumed dead wife's memories, marries his wife's sister to protect her honor and give her illegitimate son a name, and lives just for others.  This show had the same situation, where Priya aka Sakshi Tanwar is believed to be dead by Ram aka Ram Kapoor, but finds out she was hiding and also hid the truth about his 5-year-old daughter.  He too was livid when he finds out the truth and files a custody case, but after the initial anger cools down, though still not ready to forgive her, still he joins hands with his ex-wife for his daughter's welfare.  At no point can his love for his daughter be questioned and he tries to make his daughter as comfortable as possible.  In fact, he is married to another woman at this point, but still makes it clear who takes precedence first in his life, I.e. his daughter.  He still respects his wife for the way she brought up their daughter.  Though ekta's shows are full of drama, they definitely handle these kinds of situations with sensitivity I think, at least this show did.

Nidhii.3007 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
His dialogue before the judge in court something like mujhe mera compensation chahiye. I was like what the hell are they trying to prove Mowgli as any property or money which could be compensated. I don't know in which direction this show is going now as at first we were able to guess what is going to happen. When the nae well wisher name came if it would be NK before leap we would have instantly guessed that it's Neil but now not once it crossed our mind that it could be Neil. From papaji to ballu to mitali but not once we thought it's Neil . How far have we come 👏