Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Harsh Mayar on meeting Aamir Khan: He said I'll go a long way

raj80 thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Harsh Mayar on meeting Aamir Khan: We had food together, he said I'll go a long way

Published: Apr 28, 2018 13:54 IST
Shreya Mukherjee

Young actors are often inspired by industry seniors, and desire to work with them. For 20-year-old Harsh Mayar, who stole attention as the reticent Aatish in the Rani Mukerji-starrer Hichki, Aamir Khan, 53, is that star. So, when Aamir called him for a meeting, Harsh could not believe his luck.

"Aamir sir watched Hichki and liked my performance in the film. He was shooting for Thugs of Hindostan in Film City [in Mumbai], and invited me on the sets. It took time to sink in that someone of his stature has noticed me and liked my work so much that he wants to meet me, says Harsh.

What followed is something that the actor will "cherish forever. "Aamir sir sat down with me and we spoke at length about films. He said he loved my work in the film and expects more good work from me in future. Khana khilaya aur pucha about my acting background and first film... When he said, Bahut achha kaam kar rahe ho, aur achha karo, tumhe bahut kaam milega, zaroor milega (You'll get more offers)', I was counting my blessings. I never thought that I'll spend so much time with him, smiles Harsh, who made his film debut with I Am Kalam in 2011.

The actor says he would love to work with Aamir. Ask Harsh if he told the Bollywood star about that, and he says, "I told him that I look up to him and how much I love watching his films. I am sure if Aamir sir has something for me he will surely let me know. It would be a dream come true for me. Apart from Aamir sir, I want to work with Rajkumar Hirani sir, Anurag Kashyap sir, Irrfan sir, Shah Rukh [Khan] sir, Nawazuddin Siddiqui sir and the list goes on...