Naamkarann

Zain : I had no professional training in acting,people would mock me

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
This birthday This birthday will mark not only a new new beginning for actor Zain Imam, but also some bittersweet endings. His show 'Naamkarann' will end on the special day May 18 marking an important development on the professional front. He says, "It has been a fulfilling journey. I don't know whether it's lucky or unlucky for the show to end on my birthday, but I want to take it positively. I am grateful to God, as I have not been out of work.

While he hasn't made any plans for his birthday, he is certain about taking a break before he is back in action. "I want to take a break of a month or two to give my body some rest. I am exhausted and might plan a trip abroad, he says.

The Delhi lad has had a rather interesting journey in showbiz. While he didn't aspire to become an actor initially, once he set his heart on it, his parents gave him a year to make it. He recollects, "After completing MBA, I worked with a corporate company. However, I didn't like the idea of restricting myself to rules and following orders blindly. So, I quit. Though I was always inclined towards joining the glamour industry, I never aspired to get into acting. I was happy modelling and doing ads. I come from a middle-class family and my parents gave me a year to make it or return home, as they had their inhibitions about me moving to Mumbai, alone. I bagged my first commercial in the first month and assumed that it's going to a cakewalk, but there was no work for the next five months and I exhausted my earnings. I used to spend days giving auditions. There was a time when I couldn't find a house because of my single status and had to sleep in my friend's car for days on end. I was so busy finding a roof over my head that I couldn't take up any work. Around that time, I decided to try my luck on TV, as the money was better than commercials. However, I had no professional training in acting and people would mock me at auditions. Instead of giving up, I vowed to improve my acting skills and prove them wrong. Though I struggled a lot in the beginning, once I managed to get a foothold, I started taking up challenging work. I came to Mumbai on April 12, 2014 and I am happy where I am today. Bagging 'Tashan-E-Ishq' has been the turning point in my career. Since then, there has been no looking back. I joined 'Yeh Vaada Raha' post the time leap, but it ended in just three months. That's when I decided that I won't join any show midway. 'Naamkarann' is the only exception to that rule, because the makers convinced me that it's going to be an interesting journey.

Though Naamkarann has run for over a year since he joined it, Zain prefers finite series. "Daily soaps get monotonous and as an artiste, you don't learn much as you are expected to do the same thing over and over again. In finite shows, the story doesn't get dragged unnecessarily. I wonder how shows manage to run for years, he observes.

While he was seen as the quintessential TV hero on 'Naamkarann', the actor played the antagonist in 'Tashan-E-Ishq'. Ask him about it and Zain says that negative characters offer wider scope for artistes to perform. Having said that, he wants to stick to positive characters for some time.

So, what next? "I would love to try my luck in films and be a part of a biopic, as I like to watch stories based on real characters," he replies.

Well, he was also in news recently for saying that he would love to marry Aditi Rathore, his heroine on 'Naamkarann'. Ask him about it and he says, "I didn't mean it that way. What I said was misconstrued. We are good friends. So, is he in a relationship? "My lips are sealed, comes the reply.
Edited by amrutha131 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sps0114 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
So what does this mean no end in interviews confirmed n here it's ending May 18 not that I am following the end date but this stands out as contradictory statement in a day
Where was this interview posted?
Edited by sps0114 - 5 years ago
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
This is strange. Till date, zain has given no verbal confirmation on the off air date, ans this written interview claims he said himself the show is ending on his birthday??? What on earth is this? ðŸ˜•
angelanisa22079 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sammy17

This is strange. Till date, zain has given no verbal confirmation on the off air date, ans this written interview claims he said himself the show is ending on his birthday??? What on earth is this? ðŸ˜•

They have twisted words as usual. This interview is mostly of the live chat he did with Delhi Times and he didnt say anything like that about off air date on his birthday and about taking a break and all..so its all twisted.
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
If he is in a relationship he must be the best at hiding it! Because if it's not someone from acting, then we have ZERO clue who this is!

If it's anyone from acting, again only speculations! How can he hide it so well? If he is indeed single, why won't he say he's single and be done with it? It's doing my head in. Especially when Gulzie was going to bring him a rishta, why would she do that if he was in a relationship then?

Or he wasn't then but he is now? SEE... see how this is messing with my brain? Lol
XshopaholicX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
This whole interview is based on today's live video. They have yet again changed stuff here and there and printed it this way. This is really wrong. 
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
I didn't see the live video but I saw some parts on Twitter! I also read extracts. But I don't think he confirmed the show was going off air on 18th for sure? So what's all this?
angelanisa22079 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

If he is in a relationship he must be the best at hiding it! Because if it's not someone from acting, then we have ZERO clue who this is!

If it's anyone from acting, again only speculations! How can he hide it so well? If he is indeed single, why won't he say he's single and be done with it? It's doing my head in. Especially when Gulzie was going to bring him a rishta, why would she do that if he was in a relationship then?

Or he wasn't then but he is now? SEE... see how this is messing with my brain? Lol

My question is why does he blush when he hears Aditi's name..he labels as friends but his answers never match to the questions.

He is asked about his chemistry with Aditi and he replies 'we are good friends' - the reporter meant onscreen chemistry 

He is asked his thoughts on Aditi he replies ' she is a friend' and then goes off topic about being the tv Ranbir Kapoor. Nobody asked him about the relationship between him and her. If there is nothing between them why cant he say ' we have nothing like that between us' simple as that. 

And if its not Aditi,he is always seen with Gulfam and the gang at late night parties with Aditi, Zaan and Poonam gang or with Purvi, Abhilash . Otherwise he is shooting so where does he have the time to have a relationship is what i dont know if its someone else. Also, Gulfam posting so many pics of him and Aditi at parties..McDonalds..and what not wouldnt that take effect if someone else? 

Recently they havent hung out together with Gulfam because of them shooting hectic hours and Aditi had a night shoot the other day when he went and Gulfam mentioned 'its only your work which keeps u away from this clan'

The day Aditi went to Monali , he was hanging out with Yusuf Sir and Rakesh Shah in Bandra.. late at night..

Just my view anyway.. 
flora212 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I think this IV is taken quite sometime back though its wierd he never gave any confirmation 
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
@angelanisa:
Why is he Rabir Kapoor? Coz he's a lady killer too? Lol

Jokes apart, he was asked his thoughts on Aditi! There was no need to talk about being friends but he could have talked about her personality and what it's like to work with her? Here he's giving a totally unrelated answer? Same goes for questions of chemistry? It's about the show not their personal chemistry? Lol

Last year with Raj Bhaddan he said that they are professional actors, they hardly interact offscreen etc. How things have changed now? But yes, the question is one the answer is another!

So the want to marry her thing was a misquote? If he does have a partner who is outside the industry or even in it, they must be very very understanding to put up with all this, and also have an invisibility cloak coz they are NEVER seen, kind of like Mr India! So Zain is dating Mr India? Lol. Someone scrape me off the floor! LolEdited by MrDarcyfan - 5 years ago