Discovery Channel

Dont Make Any Noise!

india9 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

SSSSHHHHHHHH
In this discovery forum every1z asleep.. soo shhhhhhhh dnt make any noise.. they might wake-up.....

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
wake up 4 godsake.. watts up....ryt something.. or delete it...

Back to the forum...  I was watching "how its made" on the discovery channel last night and they were showing how tube lights are made. It was amazing the way they showed how they manufacture it. Its a must see!

Edited by india9 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WillSmith456 thumbnail
😆 😆 😆

what you are up to ????

😉 😉
savie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
u shud atleast give us an idea i just know that there is neon gas in it and when electricity is passed through it it illuminate
india9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: savie

u shud atleast give us an idea i just know that there is neon gas in it and when electricity is passed through it it illuminate

well done you know quite a lot already 😛

savie thumbnail
so this is the basic concept right? And also tell me abt colour light, how can we fill colour in it like they have red light, green light?Edited by savie - 17 years ago
india9 thumbnail

so this is the basic concept right? And also tell me abt colour light, how can we fill colour in it like they have red light, green light?

if u want colours u fill the tube with a different gas!!!

neon is green and phosphorus is blue i think

savie thumbnail
i dont think so but neon is the main gas, i have to read again all my school textbooks yaar
india9 thumbnail

i dont think so but neon is the main gas, i have to read again all my school textbooks yaar

u do that and when u find out plz tell us😊

savie thumbnail
ok so there are two types of light one is fluroscent and the other is neon
A neon light is the sort of light you see used in advertising signs. These signs are made of long, narrow glass tubes, and these tubes are often bent into all sorts of shapes. The tube of a neon light can spell out a word, for example. These tubes emit light in different colors.

A fluorescent light, on the other hand, is most often a long, straight tube that produces white light. You see fluorescent lights in offices, stores and some home fixtures.

The idea behind a neon light is simple. Inside the glass tube there is a gas like neon, argon or krypton at low pressure. At both ends of the tube there are metal electrodes. When you apply a high voltage to the electrodes, the neon gas ionizes, and electrons flow through the gas. These electrons excite the neon atoms and cause them to emit light that we can see. Neon emits red light when energized in this way. Other gases emit other colors.

A fluorescent light works on a similar idea but it has an extra step. Inside a fluorescent light is low-pressure mercury vapor. When ionized, mercury vapor emits ultraviolet light. Human eyes are not sensitive to ultraviolet light (although human skin is -- see How Sunburns and Sun Tans Work!). Therefore, the inside of a fluorescent light is coated with a phosphor. A phosphor is a substance that can accept energy in one form (for example, energy from a high-speed electron as in a TV tube -- see How Television Works) and emit the energy in the form of visible light. In a fluorescent lamp, the phosphor accepts the energy of ultraviolet photons and emits visible photons.

The light we see from a fluorescent tube is the light given off by the phosphor that coats the inside of the tube (the phosphor fluoresces when energized, hence the name). The light of a neon tube is the colored light that the neon atoms give off directly.

i hope u understand now
india9 thumbnail
so i was right...u use different elements in different colours 😛 😛 😛