Most Underrated Show.

potterginny thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
I've been following this show since it was few episodes old and have been gobsmacked with it's powerful content. 

The issues addressed in it regarding gender stereotyping through Susheel have been so well presented with clear, straight to the point dialogues and subtle, natural acting.
Few of the things to highlight:
Susheel's dynamics with her family. 
Mehul's struggle as a single parent raising a daughter in a highly sexist environment
Susheel's struggle and her stubborn attitude to not give in to social expectations, be it dressing or choice of vocation.
Her decision to not throw herself a pity party on being cheated upon. 

There are lot many aspects covered upon that I haven't mentioned above, but damn, they are so subtle.

Kudos to the makers from bringing this material to the table. Utterly delicious and nutritive! 

And because it is so healthy, I can't see much crowd in the market ordering for it. All I can say is, this dish is healthy and tasty- something you rarely find in Indian tv market. 

Okay, enough with food analogies. But honestly, I am very proud that such shows are being made and I hope it continues for a long timetime.
Edited by potterginny - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lil_Mz_Sunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I think the show is going to end soon as they are hurrying with the satya's realization and dadi's reality coming out  and also       susheel's finale😕 i dont think there is anything Left for the show to focus after all this. 
ArchRM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This show was good till satya susheel engagement ceremony, afterwards dnt knw what happened they messed everything maybe makers in hurry. 
Soumya satya angle was nt needed & dadi's never ending evil drama is beyond tolerance. 

The concept of the show was really appealing bt makers failed to deliver it. 

Anyways as of now nothing left in the show to watch for. Satya-Su love story never happened, it seems they're friend zoned.
vita93 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree! It really introduced some very heartwarming concepts in the show, and I enjoyed watching their dynamics.
Susheel had a very well rounded family; with overprotective and loving father, mischievious uncles and a grandfather who was strict only because he wanted her best. He waa quite patriarchal and traditional-minded, but I liked that they showed he missed her when she was married.

In Satya's house, it was good to show his mother as a working mom and the struggle she faced about giving time to her son. Sejal di is such a supportive bhabhi to Susheel and such a good friend, and Kali maa is so loving towards Susheel. 

Even regarding Satya, we could see him warming up to Susheel slowly, putting aside her physical appearance and understanding her positive nature underneath. I felt like post-shaadi rituals were going pretty well and everybody in the house other than daadi was appreciating Susheel. Even the other ladies were so impressed when she carried the gas cylinder home - they applauded her for her strength and didn't make fun of her.

So why did CVs have to ruin that with this stupid Soumya track?? In one shot they completely ruined the entire progress - out of nowhere Satya, who publicly confessed his love for Susheel, hates looking at her and wants a pretty trophy wife. Dadaji, who was missing Susheel some time ago is so angry that he blames Susheel for Satya's cheating. She gets kicked out of both houses.

Honestly, as much as I support Susheel continuining her path to become a fighter, I hate the path they took. If they wanted, they could have shown Satya understanding and supporting his wife's dreams because he loves her and believes in her...

Really not liking the terrible twist in the plot...