Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyann

Kshitee Jog ---This bahu knows her mind!

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Kshitee Jog

This bahu knows her mind!

RESHMA S KULKARNI

Apowerhouse of talent! That is what best describes Kshitee Jog, the actor who is garnering rave reviews for her heart-wrenching portrayal of a traditionbound bahu in Ghar Ki Lakshmi... Betiyaan. But Kshitee's intense performance hardly comes as a surprise if one goes through the lineage she comes from. Hailing from a family of actors, with late veteran film actor Shanta Jog as a grandmother and noted theatre artistes Ujjwala and Anant Jog as parents, acting was bound to be in Kshitee's genes. "It began with me participating in intercollegiate theatre competitions while at college, where I acted and even directed quite a few plays and also won awards for the same. During one such play, I was spotted by someone from the Adhikari Brothers' fold and was offered the lead role in their post-leap Marathi serial Damini, which was already a mega-hit, having been on air for more than two years. It was a challenge to fit into such a huge role at the debut stage itself but thankfully, I could manage it and then one thing led to the other. Then I did serials like Vaadalvat, Marathi plays like Blackgame and All the Best, Ultimate and did two plays with Alyque Padamsee's group. I did a small role in Tumhari Disha. The makers of Betiyann liked me in this role and offered me the role of Saraswati and that's how I'm here," she says.
   Being a modern, educated girl of today's times, how easy or difficult was it for Kshitee to mould herself into the traditional character of Saraswati? "I approached it as yet another role; but there are times when Kshitee's mindset clashes with Saraswati's. That's when I start questioning certain things and even shudder to think that I am playing a character that may actually exist in some parts of the country even today. In fact, when people ask me why I agreed to be a part of such a seemingly regressive storyline, I tell them that far from being regressive, it is stark reality that we are showing on screen. And I know for a fact that the women who admonish me for submitting to my on-screen husband's whims, are actually facing the same thing in their house" emphasises Kshitee.
   Talking about her future plans, the girl says that she'd love to do soaps but only those characters that have a soul. But her heart lies in theatre. "Theatre is my lifeblood and I'd love to do something challenging in English or Marathi theatre soon. In fact, I'm keen on directing something in the near future." However Bollywood holds no attraction for the girl, despite her father being actively involved in the same. "If you are hinting at whether my father's presence makes it easy to get film-offers, let me tell you, it does not. In this industry, everybody is related to each other in someway. Even Abhishek Bachchan had to prove himself through his performance, I'm a small fry, isn't it? And, as it is, Bollywood hardly enamours meβ€”I'd love to work in film but I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it!"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

cool! i love kishtee! her acting is so good!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

lotsaattitude thumbnail